* Author Topic: Fresh cycle #2.5, hoping for our rainbow  (Read 17631 times)

0 Members

Offline missl73

• Gold Member
modify
Fresh cycle #2.5, hoping for our rainbow
« Reply #20 on: 12/05/19, 10:20 »
Stims day 2: Today is my 32nd birthday. Iíve been dreading it because turning another year older only reminds me I was 30 when we found out we would have trouble conceiving and all the doctors were so excited that I was young. Itís amazing how fast the months disappear when youíre going through IVF. Itís also motherís day back in Australia so my instagram feed is stuffed full of babies which isnít ideal.

Still, Iím now back in a cycle, the sun is shining and Iím determined to stay relaxed and positive so Iíve put on a new dress and my favourite lipstick - I tend to believe that faking feeling great gets you half way there and helps to shift your mindset. I was very proud that last night that I gave myself my own injection in the toilets at the restaurant - normally I have DH do them all. I also had one glass of wine last night to celebrate my birthday, something I would never have done first cycle but I donít believe itís going to make any difference.

Body wise so far so good, hereís to hoping the next few weeks fly by!

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline missl73

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #21 on: 13/05/19, 08:57 »
    Day 3 stims: feeling a little guilty after yesterdayís birthday cake indulgences but I know I donít really believe that what I eat in the next two weeks is going to make or break my cycle. So far feel fine, higher dose of Menopur isnít much fun as it stings so much and it takes a good few seconds longer to inject it all. Still if thatís the worst of my troubles Iím doing well! Only 2 days to go until my first scan, already feels so much faster than any of my previous cycles!

Offline missl73

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #22 on: 14/05/19, 07:34 »
    Day 4 stims: starting to feel really nervous for my first scan tomorrow as thatís where it all went wrong last time. I worked out on my new dose Iíll have had the equivalent of 6 days worth of meds in 4 days compared to my October cycle so surely I will have got a few more growing?? I just hope a lead follicle hasnít taken off and ruined everything. Physically I feel fine, I canít remember how I felt back in October but I donít think the bloating was really a thing until much closer to the end of stims, I also remember having heaps of EWCM at some point - I wish Iíd kept a diary then too so I could check. The menopur is so much more stingy than I remember last night I felt like Iíd been stung by a wasp!

Offline missl73

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #23 on: 15/05/19, 09:32 »
    Day 5 stims/1st scan:  Not feeling hugely reassured after todayís scan. The nurse was lovely, very kind and pointed out Iíve only had 4 days of injections so often things havenít really got moving at this point. She said she didnít want to share numbers at this stage but that I should trust her that if sheís happy I should be happy and she said that she was. She said I have one follicle over 10mm so I will start the cetrotide tomorrow. DH said he saw her write down 5 and 8 which could be the number one each ovary in which case thatís fine but if thatís the case why wouldnít she want to tell me?? It canít be as bad as last time where I had only 2 follicles and no smaller ones surely? God I hate having a previous successful (except for the MC) cycle to compare to because it would be so much easier not having any expectations at all.Next scan in 2 days time....

Offline missl73

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #24 on: 16/05/19, 09:33 »
    Day 6 Stims: I can't shake this sick feeling in the pit of my stomach that I'm headed for another cancelled cycle. The nurse not telling me anything yesterday hasn't made me less anxious, it's made me worse. I wish when you were paying so much money for IVF I could feel confident that my consultant is closely monitoring the situation and doing everything they can to avoid my ending up in that situation again but I just don't feel like that will be the case. I'm so nervous for my scan tomorrow that it's going to be bad news and it's a horrible feeling.
    I just don't understand why the hell has happened to my body, Googling it, it seems high FSH and low AMH and being older are the predictors of poor response and I don't have any of these things. Upping my dose doesn't seem to be doing anything and yet I responded fine to Menopur first time around so why not now??? We were referred for IVF because of my DH's sperm, there wasn't meant to be any problems on my side so why won't my body do what it's supposed to  :'(

Offline missl73

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #25 on: 17/05/19, 09:15 »
    Day 7 stims: Had my scan this morning, things are looking up. I could see on the nurses chart I had only 5 follicles at my first scan. Today, I had 6 follicles on my right ovary between 9 - 12 mm and 6 on my sleepier left all about 8.5. Definitely better than last cycle which is a huge relief and I feel hopeful that my body just does slow and steady and that the smaller ones will grow over the weekend before my next scan on Monday. I remember on my first cycle a lot changed between days 7 to 10 so hopefully thatís the same this time. Iím going to keep stuffing myself with protein (Iím never going to want to see another egg, glass of milk or chicken breast ever again!)

Offline missl73

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #26 on: 18/05/19, 07:03 »
    Day 8 stims: Iíve decided Iím hopeless with cetrotide, itís much harder to mix and put together than the Menopur and I seem to hit a blood vessel every time as the needle is longer and fatter. I donít carry much fat at all on my tummy and itís starting to get really sore now Iím on 2 a day as Iím running out of new places to try. I donít like the idea of thighs so Iím going to ask mum if she thinks love handles will be ok 😂

My mind is already thinking about next cycle but I need to stay positive and believe Iíll get my BFP this one. Come on little follicles you can do it, please keep growing!!

Offline missl73

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #27 on: 19/05/19, 08:20 »
    Day 9 stims: Iím reaching the point like I did in my first cycle where Iím getting pretty fed up with the injections. My trousers are feeling tight from the bloating and my tummy feels tender and heavy. Still, Iím willing my little left ovary on, it would be nice to have some follicles growing on both sides. Yesterday we were at the park with our friends and their 3yo running around and playing with a ball and it made me realise Iím going stir crazy not exercising so I think Iím going to go to yoga today and try a gentle workout in the gym to feel more like me again.

Offline missl73

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #28 on: 20/05/19, 09:21 »
    Day 10 stims: This is more like it, feeling so relieved after todayís scan as it looks much more like my first cycle. The nurse got DH to write down all the follicle sizes and Iím all for a bit of audience participation! My left ovary has finally decided to join in as well so the stern talking to I gave it over the weekend seems to have had some impact!

Left                  Right
    11.5                   18.5
    10.5                   15
    9                        7.5
    6                        14
    13.5                   15
    10                      16

So we have 7 between 13.5 - 18.5mm that look good and a further 5 between 9 - 11.5 that might make it into the mix with a couple more days of stims. Lining is thickening up nicely is triple-layered and 8.5mm. Next scan scheduled for Wednesday unless my blood results today lead to think I should come in tomorrow but I think that's unlikely. Currently, I expect to trigger Wednesday for egg collection Friday but could push out to Saturday depending how things go. They havenít decided on my trigger shot yet Gonasi or Ovitrelle (which I had last time) so should find out at my next appointment. *Breathes a deep sigh of relief*

Offline missl73

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #29 on: 21/05/19, 07:42 »
    Day 11 stims: Last night we had our first injecting disaster, I really donít get on that well with the cetrotide syringes - give me Menopur any day! The needle wasnít screwed on tightly enough so as DH started to inject some squirted out of the side... Afterwards we filled the syringe up with water to test how much we think we lost and I think we got at least two thirds of it still in me so Iíve decided not to worry about it and just to be very careful with tonightís. Iíll be happy to see the back of this phase!

Also got an email reply back yesterday from my consultant in response to my panicked email 6 days earlier worrying my cycle would be cancelled and asking for a plan if my second scan went badly - he said he didnít see my email. Good to see they are on the ball and playing close attention to my cycle!!! If I believed that the whole thing was being run my nurses before now Iím absolutely certain, it doesnít exactly make me feel confident theyíre all over it!