* Author Topic: Fresh cycle #2.5, hoping for our rainbow  (Read 17634 times)

0 Members

Offline missl73

• Gold Member
modify
Fresh cycle #2.5, hoping for our rainbow
« Reply #60 on: 28/06/19, 16:12 »
Officially PUPO and feeling so optimistic and excited 🥰 got a gorgeous photo of my little embryo that I hope is making itself nice and comfy in there. I have a good feeling about this one I hope Iím right!!

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline missl73

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #61 on: 29/06/19, 08:05 »
    1DP5DT: Things never go quite as smoothly as youíd hope hey?! I got a call from the clinic last night to say my progesterone levels are lower than theyíd like so I have to go back to the clinic this morning to pick up a daily injection to add to my pessary regime. My initial reaction was to panic that itís going to stop the embryo implanting but I gave myself a stern talking to and reminded myself Iím going to do the best thing I can do which is go to the clinic and start taking the injections. I remembered a lady on these boards who mentioned the same thing happened to her so I PMíd her which was reassuring as she got her little boy from the cycle where it happened to her (same clinic, same situation) so the injections clearly did the trick. I did wake up at 3am feeling a bit anxious so I just popped in an extra cyclogest and went back to sleep figuring it canít do any harm and if my levels are low could only be helpful.

Now Iím going to go and do a nice gentle yoga flow to keep my mind calm. I am absolutely determined this is not going to be a stressful 2ww, Iíve got this.

Offline missl73

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #62 on: 29/06/19, 14:14 »
    Update: I have been to the clinic my progesterone was only 19.4 and they like it to be over 50 so itís pretty long way off. They gave me my first prontogest injection at the clinic and given itís less than 24 hours since transfer they said it really shouldnít be an issue as itís powerful and fast acting stuff apparently! I hope thatís true and this has sorted me out! I hope youíre starting to make yourself comfy in there little embryo. Off I go to go and enjoy the sunshine and a mocktail!

Offline missl73

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #63 on: 30/06/19, 07:52 »
    2DP5DT: DH did the prontogest injection. Dear lord that is one massive needle, easily 7x the size of the Menopur one. I can feel these injections are going to get old really fast, it doesnít hurt when the needle goes in but once itís in because itís in oil it doesnít inject easily so that bit is pretty uncomfortable. I hope it will be worth it!! No real symptoms yet but embryo should only be implanting around now, I donít remember really having any symptoms last time I got a BFP but I didnít keep a diary so I canít check. Generally I feel good so going to yoga again this morning then off to visit my family for the day.

Offline missl73

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #64 on: 1/07/19, 07:47 »
    3DP5DT: woke up to some very minor cramping and pulling this morning - so mild I probably wouldnít even have noticed if it wasnít the 2ww. Nipples are also a little more sensitive but nothing like they are when Iím on stims. My mum is a doctor and I was talking about it with her last night and we agreed any symptoms at stage are far more likely to be because of the hormone medications and therefore as this time itís a FET I may well feel different than last time. I know the progesterone injections are working though because Iím becoming constipated - so back on the lactulose I go!! DH did so well with my prontogest injection today, a lot less painful than yesterday but this time we warmed the oil up in a hot face cloth just before we put injected so I think thatís a good trick!

Offline missl73

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #65 on: 2/07/19, 06:23 »
    4DP5DT: Nearly half way... Still symptomless, although yesterday I was ravenous and felt a bit queasy in the afternoon but Iím sure that was just because I was hungry! My bum is pretty sore from the injection sites, enough that it hurt to lie on my right side during the night, so this is going to be a really fun few weeks if I do get a BFP and have to do them for a long time. Hayfever is still terrible and since transfer I canít take anything so Iím a right little snuffaluffagus.

Today was my due date for the little girl I lost. I feel surprisingly ok, sad of course and I wish it hadnít happened but it helps to be PUPO again at this time. I like to think she will be wishing on the little brother or sister that is hopefully growing inside me now. I wouldnít exist if my mum hadnít miscarried 3 months before she fell pregnant with me so I have to believe things will work out the way they were supposed to.

Offline missl73

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #66 on: 3/07/19, 08:14 »
    5DP5DT: The halfway mark and no temptation to test whatsoever. In fact, quite the opposite I don't want to test because right now I can believe I am pregnant! I still really don't feel anything. The only things that are happening to my body that are out of the ordinary this week are, I feel hungry quite a lot of the time, I'm waking up at the crack of dawn - today it was 5am which is so not like me I love my sleep! And incredibly vivid dreams. My last BFP I had the most vivid dream I was going to get my positive test when I woke up in the morning and I did. Not that I really believe in any of that stuff! Who knows if any of that actually means anything, probably not! I'm getting more used to the IM injections, I think it's pot luck some days it hurts a lot like yesterday, and others I barely feel it like today. My behind just feels like I've done a hard workout in the gym and I'm a bit sore - I wish I had I'm missing proper sweaty exercise so I'll be glad to get back to it once I'm out of the 2ww.

Offline missl73

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #67 on: 4/07/19, 07:35 »
    6DP5DT: Only 3 sleeps to go. Another 5.30am wake up and more crazy vivid dreams. Also hungry and thirsty all the time which were symptoms for me last time but I know doesnít really mean anything this early on. DH and I talked about it this morning, worst case scenario I have another miscarriage. Thatís much worse than a negative test so if we do get a BFN on Sunday we know itís because there was something wrong with the embryo (because we know my endometrium is receptive as Iíve been pregnant before) and Iíd rather find that out this early than get all the way to 10 weeks again. I never ever want to look at a scan and see my babyís heart no longer beating ever again. God it would be nice if things all just went smoothly this time around!! Itís from today when the temptation to test starts to kick in as Iím pretty sure Iíd have got a positive test by now last time. Iím going to stay strong though!!!

Offline missl73

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #68 on: 5/07/19, 06:36 »
    7DP5DT: this isnít going to be my lucky cycle I just feel in my bones. I told my mum how I was feeling last night and she got it, she said if I strongly felt that way she believes me. Last time I just knew I was pregnant, this time I just know that Iím not. And itís ok. Of course Iím sad, and of course Iíd like the result to be different but there isnít anything I can do about it except pick myself up, dust myself off and try again. Clearly 5AA hatching blasts and I do not get along for some reason! I will wait and test on OTD in a couple of days time but itís just a formality, I know the result will be BFN so we move on to the next FET, at least we have the luxury of that option this time.

Offline missl73

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #69 on: 6/07/19, 06:39 »
    8DP5DT: only one more day and then I can actually move on. Iíve been cramping a lot since 6DP but I donít think Iíll bleed until I stop the meds because my body just doesnít like to bleed. Yesterday I was feeling so angry, and I am definitely going to email the clinic regardless of the outcome. I decided to do more research on the progesterone and found this study https://academic.oup.com/humrep/article/32/12/2437/4508784 which found that ongoing pregnancy rate was significantly lowered in women with progesterone < 9.2ng/ml (29.25 nmol/L) on day of transfer and this was statistically significant in predicting a poor outcome - this was also tested on women who had the right BMI, age and using donor embryos so known to not be an embryo quality issue. My level was only 6 ng/ml (19 nmol/L). My clinic clearly know about the problem because they want your levels high enough which is why the tested me on ET day (after transfer I might add) and the nurse told me they like it to be over 50nmol/L (15.72ng/ml). So why wait until ET day to test then??? It would have taken nothing to test me a day or two earlier and correct the problem before the embryo was put back. If they have wasted my beautiful perfect 5AA embryo over something so easily fixed....  Iím so annoyed I want them to change their protocol and test earlier in the FET cycle I donít want this to happen to somebody else.