* Author Topic: Fresh cycle #2.5, hoping for our rainbow  (Read 17633 times)

0 Members

Offline missl73

• Gold Member
modify
Fresh cycle #2.5, hoping for our rainbow
« Reply #90 on: 31/07/19, 12:29 »
CD17: Urgh I canít catch a break. Scan no good my body isnít responding properly this time, last time my lining was 7.5mm by now, today it was only 6.5mm which means itís only grown 1.2mm in 5 days. Theyíre upping my dose of Progynova from 6mg to 8mg, and adding vaginal pessaries twice per day. I didnít drink pom juice or sit with my legs up the wall to promote uterine blood flow this time so maybe there is something to the old wives tales but I highly doubt it. I go back next Tuesday for another scan, so transfer is delayed by at least a week depending on whether this fixes the issue or not. This all adds to my general feeling of hopelessness about this cycle. Right now my overwhelming feeling is ďmeh whatís the pointĒ.

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline missl73

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #91 on: 6/08/19, 14:20 »
    CD23: Scan day. Surprise, surprise yet more bad news. So instead of getting thicker, my lining has got thinner. Since introducing Vagifem it's now back to 5.3mm again. The scan nurse did warn of this, in fact, she didn't want me to take it she wanted me to just up the dose of Progynova but the doctor overruled her. I spoke to the consultant this afternoon, he opened with "so I'm looking at 2 scans a month apart for the same woman, with the same uterus, on the same drugs but with a totally different result, and I can't tell you why". Sigh, this process is so frustrating. The thing is I believe him, we don't know why my body responded fine the first time but not this time.

So what we've agreed is to try something different next time. I'm going to take cyclogest for a week and then stop it to bring on a bleed - I should get a period within a week of stopping the cyclogest and if I don't I have to call them but I suspect I will but it will be light because my lining is so thin. If it's anything like my failed cycle last month then I expect it to return within about 3 days. Then, we're going to try a natural FET using my own hormones and ovulation to see if my lining thickens better that way. Because my periods are unreliable though after any kind of medication (I reckon it would take 3 - 4 months for them to regulate on their own) I'm going to take Letrozole to encourage my body to ovulate. I can only hope that this works. In a way I like it because it means less drugs but only time will tell. This adds about 5 weeks to get to a transfer and ruins our plans to go away for our 10 year anniversary so we'll have to try and see if we can get away at the end of September instead.

Offline missl73

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #92 on: 9/08/19, 08:12 »
    CD26: I donít even know how I feel anymore. Fed up is probably the most honest answer. Iím so paranoid that itís going to be a mistake going straight into my 3rd FET attempt back-to-back but I canít trust my bodyís natural cycles to return in less than months. Iíve also been taking 2 x cyclogest a day not 1 because I want my progesterone to be high enough that taking it away does bring on a bleed as we know my body doesnít really respond to the pessaries in this situation and I donít trust my doctor to have remembered that. I can no longer imagine IVF ever working for us, I used to have quite a lot of confidence but not anymore yet in reality in 2 years of trying Iíve only had 2 embryos transferred! I just want to live a normal life, be able to book holidays and to stop feeling like Iíve put it on pause while I wait to get pregnant - itís making me a cynical and grumpy person I donít want to be!

Offline missl73

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #93 on: 10/08/19, 10:40 »
    Iíve booked in for acupuncture this cycle to see if that makes any difference, first session is on Friday. Iíve been resisting up until now as itís expensive and I wasnít convinced but I canít bare to have another cycle cancelled so I feel like I need to give it all Iíve got!

Offline missl73

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #94 on: 14/08/19, 14:25 »
    I can't believe it AF has turned up not only on time but early for once. This is an unexpected turn of events! It arrived I think after midday so tomorrow will count as CD1. Scan booked for Friday afternoon. Here we go again!! In other news today is 10 years to the day since I met my DH. He's less enthusiastic about the fact AF decided to show her face today  ;D

Offline missl73

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #95 on: 15/08/19, 07:14 »
    CD1: Period is much heavier than I expected given how thin my lining was but I donít expect it to last longer than a day or two. No cramps at all so thatís a bit different than normal. Trying to be positive again and believe this attempt could work 🤞🏼

Offline missl73

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #96 on: 16/08/19, 16:34 »
    CD2: I had my first acupuncture session this morning, jury is definitely still out on whether it will do any good but weíll give it a go! It was very relaxing if nothing else. She also suggested I try beetroot juice which Iíve stocked up on and is not very tasty but if I only have to do it for 2 weeks I can cope. Scan this afternoon everything looks normal, my TSH test was out of date so theyíve redone that Iím not expecting results to be abnormal as they havenít been before (famous last words!!). Start my letrozole today for 5 days and back in a week today for a progress scan. I donít usually ovulate until CD17 so I think itís a bit on the early side but weíll see.

Offline missl73

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #97 on: 17/08/19, 09:00 »
    CD3: time to start thinking positive. This is my 6th attempt to make it to ET but will be only my 3rd ET if we get there. Iím back on the wagon doing all the good stuff (scientifically proven or otherwise as whatís the harm). Feels quite nice not to be taking synthetic hormones for once! I need to find out whatís going to happen with my progesterone this cycle, I still want it tested the day before transfer so I need to email my consultant to confirm.

Offline missl73

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #98 on: 19/08/19, 08:12 »
    CD5: I've started temping again after months without as I'm curious to see how my body behaves on this unmedicated cycle. I can safely say beetroot juice is so much worse than pomegranate juice - I had to hold my nose this morning while I drank a large glass it really is revolting. If I could be bothered to turn it into a smoothie instead I would but I'm too lazy. The things we do for a thick lining!! I'm diligently taking all my vitamins and spending lots of time with heat pads on my tummy and with my legs up the wall to promote blood flow. DH thinks I'm mad. I just can't face a 4th canceled cycle either financially or emotionally. I know that Friday is going to be too early for a scan so I mustn't get disheartened if not much has happened by then. I'm going to book in another acupuncture session for the end of the week as well.

Offline missl73

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #99 on: 20/08/19, 12:55 »
    CD6: Last day of letrozole so we should see a follicle growing at my scan on Friday. Went to my favourite yoga class today, it's the first time I've been in ages I've not had the time as it's quite inconvenient to get to from my new office but I'm so glad I did - I feel amazing. I've also been really good at making sure I stand at my desk so I'm spending less than half my time sitting and moving around at least every 30 minutes to keep blood flowing. I'm going to be so devastated if my lining doesn't play ball.