* Author Topic: May 2019 2WW  (Read 9460 times)

0 Members

Offline Sharry

• Saviour of the Volunteer Team's Combined Sanities
  • Volunteer
modify
May 2019 2WW
« on: 18/04/19, 13:50 »
A thread for everybody testing in May 2019.

Goodluck

Sharry xx

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline Blossomberni

modify
    May 2019 2WW
    « Reply #1 on: 19/04/19, 06:02 »
    Hi
    I had a 2d frozen embryo transfer yesterday afternoon, and have started my2WW. This is the 3rd time I have done it, the last two times were in 2016 so its been a while. They resulted in an early miscarriage and an ectopic so Im praying this time that it all goes well. My test day is 2nd May. Im 44 but the embryo was collected in 2015 when I was 41. I have one left in the freezer now!
    I took a break from it all as my Dad was diagnosed terminally ill with pancreatic cancer a week after I had the ectopic pregnancy and it was all to much for me. I decided that I would rather wait and spend time looking after my Dad. After he was given 2 months to live he defied all odds and was with us for 15 months which was amazing. After his passing my partner and myself decided to start arranging to make use of the 2 embryos we had in the freezer since 2015. My favoured consultant had left the clinic I was previously using and was setting up a new one so we had the 2 embryos transferred to the new clinic last October. In the mean time I had carpal tunnel surgery on both hands and an epidural cortisone injection for spinal stenosis at C6 in my neck. That now brings me to where we are now. I feel more positive this time compared to previous attempts and am keeping my fingers crossed.

Offline Mint

modify
    May 2019 2WW
    « Reply #2 on: 20/04/19, 08:19 »
    Blossomberni : wishing you the best of luck with your embi, keeping fingers crossed for you .  I am so sorry about your dad and everything you had to go through.i can totally understand why you would take some time off the treatments .

I had a 3dt yesterday and my test date is the same as yours , May 2nd !!  It is my third IVF. First one did not result in any fertilized eggs , the second resulted in a pregnancy but I lost the baby at 24 weeks. The baby had severe ventriculomegaly and other malformations and would have not survived . It was a really difficult time and I needed some time off after that . Fast forward to today, 4 eggs fertilized but only two were good enough for transfer , although one of them was behind in the number of cells . They put back both of them ! Really praying that this time everything works out !

Offline Blossomberni

modify
    May 2019 2WW
    « Reply #3 on: 20/04/19, 09:06 »
    Hi Mint
    Wow that must have been really tough for you. I can't imagine what that must have been like to deal with.
    It's great news that we are testing on the same day - are you doing a home urine test or Beta HCG bloods or both to get your results? I've decided to do a urine test at home but have also booked an appointment for HCG that same morning at my clinic. I was quite patient the last two times I was in the 2WW but am already feeling that I'm going to be impatient this time round. I think the fact that we only have one more left in the freezer after this and my age of 44 is worrying me. It feels like the last chance saloon!
    Anyway what will be will be - I know that I have been treated by the doctor and clinic that suit me and I trust the most and he has done everything possible to give me the best chance at success. The care I've had has been exceptional this time. Im so glad that the doctor I prefer has left his old clinic and set up a new one.
    Are you in the UK?

Offline Mint

modify
    May 2019 2WW
    « Reply #4 on: 20/04/19, 10:49 »
    Hi Blossom ,

Iím going to be doing a urine test as my clinic doesnít do betas . I assume I could do one with my GP but I havenít thought of that yet . Yes Iím in the UK at the fertility clinic in Oxford . What about you ?

Glad to hear they are providing a exceptional service and that you trust your doctor ! While everyone at my clinic is really nice at times i feel it is quite impersonal .

It is my last attempt at IVF as I have severe endometriosis and my egg quality is not great . I feel like I donít have it in me to try again ( although you never know ) . I m really hoping this is the time that works but like I will be exactly like you super impatient .  ;D itís not so bad for the first few days but I feel like around implantation time I will be symptom checking like crazy ! Hope you are having a nice long weekend

Offline Blossomberni

modify
    May 2019 2WW
    « Reply #5 on: 20/04/19, 18:30 »
    Hi Mint
    I'm using Kings Fertility In London which works in partnership with the Fetal Medicine Foundation. It's owned by a charity (only one in UK) and all profits go back into research. It also looks after the NHS patients from Kings College Hospital and incorporated their old fertility unit into it when it formed about 18 months ago. I really like the ethos of it not being a money spinner like my last clinic. You really felt it there, shortly after I started using them they were taken over by a private equity company and you could see the pressure to deliver profit! There was only one consultant that I didn't feel this from who I actually believed was in the fertility field to actually be a Doctor not a money maker. I was so glad that when we decided the time was right to go back to IVF that he had moved to start Kings Fertility. It was well worth the extra approx £1000 to get the remaining 2 embryos transferred 4 miles over the river Thames :)

Ive spent the last 2 days either gardening or doing small jobs on my allotment. Anything to keep me occupied really. I love being hands on. Today has been a bit tricky as I think the meds are making me feel a bit queasy. I also could do with stopping doing my injections exactly where my waistband is so that's its a bit more comfortable. Must remember that later this evening!

I wouldn't worry about the HCG - my clinic offer it but don't even suggest you get it done as they don't like to sell anything that isn't essential. At the end of the day it isn't necessary and a urine test is enough for an answer. It's probably just because I was used to it the last clinic that I asked and booked in to do it. You never know I may change my mind yet and cancel it.

Blossom
    I hope you are having a nice weekend.

Offline Mint

modify
    May 2019 2WW
    « Reply #6 on: 21/04/19, 12:08 »
    Hi Blossomberni ,

That sounds like a great clinic, especially that all the profits go back to research. I ve had a clinic in the past that was really Money driven and I could feel it also.

What kind of injections are you getting ? I only have the progesterone pessaires , which make me feel extremely bloated !!

I have been super busy yesterday as I planned a surprise bbq for my partnerís birthday so time flew by . I just hope that being out and about all day was not something bad for the embryos .

Hope you are enjoying the nice sunny weather too !

Offline Blossomberni

modify
    May 2019 2WW
    « Reply #7 on: 21/04/19, 13:45 »
    Hi Mint
    Im pretty sure that keeping things as normal as possible and staying active is much better for you and the embryos than taking it too easy. I don't think it does the body any good to slow down.

I'm on progesterone injections as well as pessaries. Only had the pessaries the previous two times. I think its been added in to give extra support due to my age and the previous miscarriage and ectopic events. Feeling quite bloated and very crampy wind pains - what joy :) My other issues are my breasts are sore and I feel a bit queasy due to the progesterone. Are you finding that an issue?

I imagine you had a great time at the BBQ and it was a great distraction for you. I hope your partner appeciated it. The weather is almost a bit too hot for me :), but I am continuing to focus on the gardening as it relaxes and provides a great distraction from the 2WW.

Berni

Offline Mint

modify
    May 2019 2WW
    « Reply #8 on: 21/04/19, 18:23 »
    Hi blossomberni ,

Itís great that they are giving you both the pessaries and injections ( although the pessaries are such a mess arenít they !   ;D)  I do not feel queasy so far but I did hear it could be a side effect . I do feel very tired however with cramps as well .

You are right I think it is good to stay active instead of stopping everything !

I agree it is so hot outside . Sat outside 15 minutes this afternoon and could not stand the heat . Iím usually quite ok in the summer or when on holidays at the beach .

Hope you are enjoying your gardening and having a nice long weekend :) Iím taking it easy today I had such a busy day yesterday , I already feel like sleeping and itís only 6:30 😂

Offline Blossomberni

modify
    May 2019 2WW
    « Reply #9 on: 21/04/19, 20:50 »
    Hi Mint

Glad you are not having to rush about today and had some me time. Oh yes those pessaries are messy things. Im having more luck with them this time as they have an applicator. I didn't have an applicator last time so probably wasn't getting them into the desired position. Im sure they were messier for me last time round.

Im having an evening of sitting on the sofa with my 2 dogs and watching any old rubbish on TV. My husband has gone up to Chesterfield to see his 97 yr old Grandad armed with a roast chicken he cooked earlier, some aunt bessies roasties + yorkshire's and veg so that they can have a a nice Easter dinner together. The poor old thing isn't doing too well but always hangs in there and defies the odds. He the sweetest thing but I just didn't want to be sitting in the car for two and a half hours each way with the pessary situation ;D

I got my husband to pack an overnight bag so that if he was tired he could stay and make the most of the time with him. The pair of them do make me laugh as they are very similar. I find it fascinating as Im adopted so don't have that thing where I can look at people in my family and see physical similarities to myself.

Anyway me and the dogs are quite happy here on the sofa.

Enjoy the rest of your evening