* Author Topic: May 2019 2WW  (Read 9465 times)

0 Members

Offline Mint

modify
May 2019 2WW
« Reply #10 on: 22/04/19, 09:52 »
Hi Blossom,

Totally understand not wanting to go on a two and a half hours drive with the pessaries situation!  I hope you had a nice relaxing evening with your dogs . I had a dog unfortunately she passed away last year and I miss her so much . We get so attached to them donít we .

So mice of your husband to go visit his grandpa and bring him dinner !  Iím sure he appreciates it so much.  Did he end up staying there overnight ?

Iím off work today and we re going to an Easter celebration with my partnerís family around 3, which should be nice . However I am so tired since yesterday , I think it might be the progesterone .

Random question , regarding intercourse my clinic said it is fine but I keep reading that it is not nexesaarily recommended during the 2 ww . Plus to be honest Iím really not in the mood  ;D however my partner is getting quite impatient and he keeps asking . I do feel like heís being a bit selfish and not thinking of how Iím feeling at the moment . What did your clinic tell you in this regards ?

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline Lottsy

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    May 2019 2WW
    « Reply #11 on: 22/04/19, 15:25 »
    Hi Berni and Mint,

Iím on my second round of IVF where the first didnít result in any fertilised embryos. This time, two were collected and both fertilised and have been popped back in on Saturday. My test date is Friday 3rd May.
    It was such a huge relief to get both fertilised this time and that overnight wait was hard - no idea how I will cope during the next week and a bit!
    I would have liked to be resting but have had a lot going on and today is my first day Ďoffí from the world. And back to work tomorrow for a rest!
    I was interested to read about Kingís as they were an option for me - I was lucky to have two rounds available on the NHS. I went with Guys in the end as it was easier for my other half to get there for appointments etc.

So any top tips for this stage? Iím trying to eat well and limit my chocolate intake...

L x

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Blossomberni

modify
    May 2019 2WW
    « Reply #12 on: 22/04/19, 17:54 »
    Hi Mint Do you Know I was thinking that I didn't ask the clinic that question only this morning! My husbands away a lot and probably values his life too highly to ask at the moment ;D I will email my clinic in the morning to ask and let you know so that we get another answer for you (and me of course). Im so bloated and my breasts are sore from the progesterone, I don't think I could cope with it at the moment. The last clinic I used a few years ago sent me away with a massive list. I don't have it anymore but I only remember a few thing from that:

no intercourse for a week
    no baths - that really annoyed me as I do love a bath
    no swimming
    no lifting anything heavy
    this list went on and on and on.......

I will surely let you know when I get a reply from them. This will make you laugh though, as it did my doctor. I asked if I could still do some boxing and he looked astonished at the thought of me boxing. He then said I'm banning you from all contact sport. Anyway I was so desperate for a pee after holding my bladder for so long that I just left it at that and didn't say to him it would just be sparring with a personal trainer and not a full on fight. I should have phrased it better. Im sure he thinks Im nuts ;D

Hi lottsy Welcome to the board - I'm the worst person to ask about tips regarding eating healthily etc! I probably eat all the wrong things. The one thing I would highly recommend though is keeping your mind busy with other things and just relax. We've spent nearly 20K on it so far as by the time I felt well enough mentally to try for children I was 39 (I've had depression since I was 18 and it was particularly bad in my 30's).  I had an NHS appointment when I was 40 and then the CCG changed the rules that month and stopped offering IVF over 40's full stop. They are notoriously bad for IVF funding and last year cut all funding for it. Make the most of that NHS funding - I've heard Guys is great. The most important thing I have learnt is that if you feel comfortable and trust your doctor then you are at the right clinic. I believe that the NHS treatment protocols used are fairly standardised across the clinics so the choice of clinic you made makes a lot of sense as the logistics of getting to appointment is a big factor when you are going through this.

Wow - so we will all know our outcomes within 24hrs of each other.

Happy waiting ladies - keep busy and watch some good TV if you find your mind wandering!!

Offline Mint

modify
    May 2019 2WW
    « Reply #13 on: 22/04/19, 19:40 »
    Welcome to the 2ww Lottsy, great to hear you had two nice embies put back. I wish you the best of luck :) did you have a 3dt ? The wait is really hard. Iím already impatient and itís been 3 days  ;D

Hi blossom , thank you for asking that would be great to get a second opinion ! Iím totally not in the mood though so I hope the answer is that we shouldnít  ;D ! My partner is so demanding in this regards and honestly it does get annoying . I have a hard time dealing with it .

My clinic had similar recommendations : no baths no swimming , no lifting or doing intense sports . I can imagine their reaction when you asked if you could go boxing  ;D  that must have been quite a funny situation.

Iím feeling so bloated today and uncomfortable and I already started googling symptoms while I know very well itís way too early . Oh and I just caught a cold I have a really sore throat . Iím just taking paracetamol and ginger and lemon with hot water . Iím just scared that the sneezing may affect implantation.

Hope you had a nice Easter Monday . I will definitely be watching tv this evening , I need to watch the latest game of thrones

Offline S_Lauren24

modify
    May 2019 2WW
    « Reply #14 on: 22/04/19, 19:48 »
    Hi ladies I hope you don't mind me joining in this thread. I had joined the April 2ww too but my OTD is the Friday 3rd May.

I had my second IUI done on the 17th April, my first one failed back in Feb/March this year. We are having treatment on the NHS and feel incredibly lucky we get to do so, I have no idea what will happen if we use all our tries and haven't got the result we want but I've got my fingers crossed that this time it will work.

I am having progestrone pessaries and what a joy they are! I feel like the are affecting me more than they did last time, last time I don't think I had any side effects from them but this time I feel tired, I don't think it helped me and my OH travelled two and a half hours on Friday to see my family and then travelled home again on Saturday. My nipples have been sore since Thursday or Friday and today I have been feeling a little sick and I have a headache. I have been feeling rather emotional over the last two days aswell. I keep going up to my OH and asking for cuddles and the only thing I can explain is "I feel sad", I don't even feel sad really just a little emotional. I know it is all because of my progestrone but I can't help but feel a little more hope this time as last time I didn't have any side effects. It feels like this time the medication is working a little harder because I could be pregnant. Does that make sense or am I just being silly? I wish I could fast forward until the 3rd May so I could just know!

Lottsy - the only thing I can really recommend is to keep yourself busy but don't overdo it. I have been reading a lot over the weekend and have found it is a great way to keep my mind off any pregnancy related or fertility related. I also find talking to people on here so helpful. It is nice to know there are people who have going through the same thing and that they are going to say stupid things to make you feel better.

Mint - It is so nice to see you on the tww! I'm glad I'm not the only one googling things already! I hope the cold quickly disappears for you quickly, I know what you mean about sneezing. I have hayfever which has been affecting me and every time I sneeze I hold my belly thinking I hope it doesn't hurt the baby!  ::) Silly me! If you aren't in the mood for intercourse with your partner just tell him you aren't allowed, he doesn't have to know any different.

I wish you all luck and hope the tww doesn't drive you insane.

Offline Mint

modify
    May 2019 2WW
    « Reply #15 on: 22/04/19, 22:06 »
    S_lauren: so nice to see you on this thread , fingers crossed this is your lucky cycle and you get a bfp on May 3

Those pessaries also make me feel SO bloated and sore bbs is another side effect, however not too much so far.

I am also emotional , especially today . I am not feeling any symptoms of implantation so even if my rational self knows its too early my emotions take over and I feel discouraged . Btw I do the exact same when I sneeze .  ;D

Offline Blossomberni

modify
    May 2019 2WW
    « Reply #16 on: 22/04/19, 23:12 »
    Hi All

Mint & S_Lauren - you must relax and try to stay away from Dr Google. I think it would make me anxious so Im not going near it. It's a very hard wait I agree. We can and will get through this 2WW - it would be easier without the progesterone causing symptoms and even better if there were no messy pessaries :)

I haven't sneezed yet but can understand what you are saying. It must be a natural reaction.

I went to bed an hour ago but have got up again with earache thats appeared out of the blue. It's really annoying me.

Mint - My OH did end up staying with his Grandad and came home this evening. It was great to get a FaceTime call from them both earlier today although Grandad had the phone first so all I could see was down his earhole ;D These little things do make me smile.

For anyone thats back at work tomorrow have a great day.

Offline Mint

modify
    May 2019 2WW
    « Reply #17 on: 23/04/19, 08:13 »
    Hi Blossom ,

Sorry to hear you are having an earache , they are so painful  i will do my best to stay away from google this week , and this might prove easier as I will be very busy at work ! Your FaceTime story made me smile , my dad also calls me on video and puts it on his ear  ;D

I have also  slept badly because I have an extremely sore throat , definitely getting a cold , Iím feeling quite poorly this morning . 

Iím now 4dp3dt , keeping fingers crossed for positive results 9 days from now. No symptoms at all so far except from the progesterone.

Hope everyone has a great day back at work today !

Offline Blossomberni

modify
    May 2019 2WW
    « Reply #18 on: 23/04/19, 08:54 »
    Hi Mint

I hope that you start to feel better soon. The progesterone is definitely making me tired too. For that throat you can probably use the throat lozenges that have the mild local anaesthetic in them. I rarely get a sore throat but always find them great. Just check with the pharmacist. I worked for Boots for 23 years and always find most things can be sorted easily if checked with the pharmacist.

I managed to get to sleep and have woken up with a less painful ear so that was good. 5dp2dt - same as you no symptoms other than the side effects of the progesterone.

Hope everyone is doing well and holding in there x

Offline Blossomberni

modify
    May 2019 2WW
    « Reply #19 on: 23/04/19, 10:15 »
    Hi

Just had call back from nurse at my clinic. It's amazing how they all differ. Advice for sex was it was -  fine as long as it was protected.