* Author Topic: May 2019 2WW  (Read 9469 times)

0 Members

Offline Mint

modify
May 2019 2WW
« Reply #20 on: 23/04/19, 18:45 »
Hi Blossomberni,

Thanks for checking with your clinic, it is odd that itís fine as long as itís protected . I mean thereís not really a chance to get pregnant again ?

You are right I should go to the pharmacy and ask . Iíve taken paracetamol today and felt better through the day. However I now feel like Iím getting fever . I hope I will not be too sick

Hope everyone had a great day

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline Blossomberni

modify
    May 2019 2WW
    « Reply #21 on: 23/04/19, 19:29 »
    Hi Mint

I believe there is a chance of getting pregnant and also a greater chance of infection. I do hope you feel better soon.

Offline S_Lauren24

modify
    May 2019 2WW
    « Reply #22 on: 23/04/19, 20:46 »
    Hey ladies hope you are all well, today I feel totally exhausted after going back to work after my lovely long weekend. I work in a nursery with babies and although we only had 4 children and 5 children this afternoon it has been boiling all day and it hasn't been nice working in such a hot room. I also had a long meeting after work and it was the last thing I wanted. I'm looking forward to having a day off tomorrow, although I know I won't relax much as I've got cleaning to do around the house.

I'm glad you have been feeling better throughout the day Mint, hopefully you get much better quickly. Make sure you get plenty of rest.

Offline Mint

modify
    May 2019 2WW
    « Reply #23 on: 24/04/19, 12:41 »
    Blossom : thank you for clarifying , this does make sense .

S_Lauren: i felt exactly the same after work yesterday . Had a really long day but fortunately it was not so warm in my office . Lucky you to have a day off today , I hope you enjoy it even if you have a bit of cleaning to do.

AFM: strangely enough I woke up this morning with a sore throat again , which now  almost disappeared . And I have no other cold symptoms, which Iím really happy about !  I was certain a full blown cold or flu was around the corner .

Howís everyone feeling ? Any symptoms so far? I have zero symptoms. Slightly sore bbs from the progesterone and bloating due to the EC. I wonít lie I do not feel super optimistic but it is still early ! Will any of you test before your test date ?

Offline Blossomberni

modify
    May 2019 2WW
    « Reply #24 on: 24/04/19, 14:46 »
    Hi Ladies

I hope everyone is doing well. Glad you are feeling better Mint.

Tiredness has hit me today along with very sore bbs from the meds. No symptoms whatsoever. I did throw up last night at 11pm but my husband had just made a bacon sandwich and the smell of bacon cooking always turns my stomach. Another one of my strange quirks.

Im going to hold off testing until the 2nd as I think I will get more stressed if I do it before and only waste money on loads of tests just to check again and again, which will really annoy me. Im a very impatient person but for some reason I have managed to hold out in both of my previous 2WW. I may well change my mind but am currently determined to see it though. Lets see what happens ;D

How do the rest of you ladies think you will do your testing - majority of people do seem to test early.

We've had rain here today which was a welcome break for the garden and the allotment from all the recent dry weather

Offline Mint

modify
    May 2019 2WW
    « Reply #25 on: 24/04/19, 18:33 »
    Hi Blossom,

I get extremely tired in the evenings to the point where I canít keep my eyes open .  During the day Iím ok though. Is the progesterone supposed to make us more tired ? Also am I the only one that is so bloated ? I literally feel like a balloon .

Do you usually throw up at the smEll of bacon or just find it unpleasant ?

I personally will try to hold off testing for as long as I can but might be tempted in a few days . I have a work trip to South America on Sunday so this will keep me busy and prevent me from obsessing . Flying is fine as per doctors and thankfully I will be in premium class so i can attempt to relax. However my test date will be when I am over there , which will be strange .

Offline S_Lauren24

modify
    May 2019 2WW
    « Reply #26 on: 24/04/19, 21:50 »
    Hi Blossom and mint,

I find between 4pm - 5pm I get so tired. I thought yesterday I was tired because I had spent the day in work and it had been hot. But today I've done next to nothing, I slept in until 9.30am, lazed around until 11am and I was so tired by 4pm! I have read a side effect of the progesterone is tiredness but I never thought I would be this tired.

I feel rather bloated too Mint, it's got to the point where I feel I have hardly eaten today because when I do I feel huge!

That sounds good that you will be kept busy with working and you can relax on the flight.

I am going to try and hold off testing for as long as I possibly can. Last time I did so many tests and it was just a waste of money and everytime I saw negative it was a little heart breaking each time. I'm going to avoid buying tests until the day before so I don't even have the temptation in the house.

Today I've felt a little bit of cramping, although it has gone now. Of course I did what I do best and headed to google. It could be implantation which I've got my fingers crossed for. It seems a little early to be AF so I am hoping it could be a good sign and I don't see any more cramping for a while!

I am finding the worst thing about this process is how much it messes with my head. Does anyone else feel like that? I feel like with anything that can even resemble a symptom I am questioning what it is I am feeling.

Offline Blossomberni

modify
    May 2019 2WW
    « Reply #27 on: 25/04/19, 12:29 »
    Morning Ladies

Mint - i am a funny one and have vomited over the smell of bacon on and off over the years. It's been a while though. A strong coffee smell can also have the same effect on me. I am bloated but Im not sure what's causing it. It could be a number of things for me. Ive had IBS for years but the antidepressants I was on used to control it, it was a welcome side effect. I came off them about 10 weeks ago to get ready for the transfer and have been suffering on and off with bloating since then.
    The South America trip with work sounds like an ideal distraction from the 2ww next week. Will you be purchasing the pregnancy test here and taking it with you?

s-Lauren - the 2ww definitely messes with your head. Im doing my best to keep busy but yesterday was on a go slow as I was so tired. I don't work which doesn't help but am the sort of person that can't keep still so I do a fair amount of volunteering. The only problem is most of it is quite manual heavy going stuff so unfortunately Im having to avoid that. Ive just told them Im having a bit of scar pain from the carpal tunnel surgeries Ive had on both hands in Jan and Feb and managing to get away with other things to do instead.

Have a great day everyone

Lottsy - how are you doing?

Offline Mint

modify
    May 2019 2WW
    « Reply #28 on: 25/04/19, 18:15 »
    Hello ladies ,

S_Lauren: i do think the progesterone makes us more tired but I do hope itís a good sign for you ! It is nice you got to sleep in yesterday and relax at home . Iím glad Iím not the only one that feels so bloated , I still feel like my stomach is like a balloon at the moment . You are not alone feeling like this 2ww messes with your head . Iím trying so hard to find any symptoms that could be positive but unfortunately nothing for me.

BlossomBerni : it seems like some people are more sensitive to smells . Iím really sensitive to the smell of peanuts but that is because Iím allergic to them.  I was also on antidepressants in the past and I do feel like since I stopped them last year I am a lot more anxious .

I will be totally honest i am having a really bad day . First I now have symptoms of a cold again , and started having this dry cough . Secondly I woke up drenched in sweat this morning after having the weirdest dreams and feeling extremely anxious and faint . I almost did not go to work . However I pulled myself together and went anyways because I have so much to do ahead of this trip . I am convinced this cycle didnít work for me, o have absolutely no symptoms at all and as much as I am trying to feel something , I donít . I was rereading my post from the cycle where I got a bfp and I had nausea and heartburn and my bbs were really sore . This time nothing . Iím really feeling down about it as this was my last try . Sorry to be such a downer  :(

Offline Blossomberni

modify
    May 2019 2WW
    « Reply #29 on: 25/04/19, 18:37 »
    Mint - could it be that you have developed hayfever? The symptoms are very similar to a cold. It's not unheard of.
    The anxiety dream must of been horrible and its not a nice way to start the day. You're obviously made of strong stuff and did amazing to get yourself together and go into work. I've heard many people say they've never had symptoms and still end of with a positive result. The whole waiting game is a misleading and torturous situation to be in. I hope that you feel brighter tomorrow. If there is a situation to give anyone a down day its the one that you are in right now. Im glad that you have shared how you are feeling - its really important to get it off your chest. Fingers crossed that you don't come down with a cold. Please reach out again if you need support.

Is it worth contacting the clinic for some advice about feeling faint and anxious? - it could be the meds

AFM - I don't believe I have any symptoms and I just hope that this next week goes as quickly as possible. I just want an answer, whatever it is. Even though we have one more embryo left  in the freezer Im not sure I would go through this again as my age is against me. I have always wanted to adopt as Im adopted myself. My husband has reservations but I think he is coming round to the idea.