* Author Topic: May 2019 2WW  (Read 9958 times)

0 Members

Offline AmWarsy

modify
May 2019 2WW
« Reply #50 on: 28/04/19, 12:22 »
Hi ladies..

Firstly SO sorry about my 1st message. I am using my phone and thought there was only 1 page of comments! Hence me thinking it was only Mint and Blossom on here. Doh!

Mint i am so sorry to hear AF has arrived. It's so crushing isnt it. Going away will definitely do you the world of good. Its such a hard time. I literally did not think i could do it again after our 1st failed cycle..but it's amazing how strong we women are. Thinking of you xx

Hi blossom. Sorry to hear you're feeling down. It really is an emotional rollercoaster isnt it. Children of that age always manage to put a smile on my face. Im currently away with my neice and nephew and it really has helped time pass quickly. Hope you start feeling better soon xx

Hi mumsey. Hope you're doing well. We're also using DS as DH has sertoli cell only syndrome. It's so so hard to watch others start and grow their families isnt it. I stupidly staRted counting how many babies friends and family have had since we started this journey. I stopped at 50! I really hope this is your time. Do you live in Italy?

Hi physiowife. How are you feeling? Are you going to try hold out for OTD? Im starting to break already! Hope you're ok xx

Hi S-lauren. How are you doing? This process DEFINITELY messes with your head. I find it so hard finding the balance between having hope and being realistic (or negative in order to protect myself) my Acupuncturist is very much of the opinion that we need to be imagining this baby..even talking to it as she believes babies choose you and they can hear everything. A bit weird..but i kind of get what she is saying. But then im just so scared that will mean the fall is harder if we get a bfn..arggghh! For now i am still feeling positive..i think!

Hi lottsy. Hope you're doing well. The wait for the fertilsation news is horrible isnt it! I also had a bad 1st cycle (only 2 collected and 1 fertilise) so was even more anxious this time but thankfully it was a better result!
Keeping busy is defintiely the best advice! Food wise..ive been eating lots of greens as advised by my Acupuncturist..ive also been eating brazil nuts (when i remember) and Pineapple and watercress is also meant to be good. Im away at the moment withr the inlaws..so lots of choc flying round. I have had some of course! Im sure little amounts wont harm.

Hope i havent missed anybody!

AFM..i am 4dp5dt. Feeling ok. A few 'symptoms' but i am pretty sure they are from the pessaries. Sore boobs, pulling and twinges ...i dont remember them being so strong last time but that might just be in my head. Im now also starting to think about testing early...i dont have any tests at home which will stop me doing so so maybe this is the best strategy!

Thinking of you all xxx

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline Blossomberni

modify
    May 2019 2WW
    « Reply #51 on: 28/04/19, 13:03 »
    Mint - are you any good at faking having a nap :)

Offline S_Lauren24

modify
    May 2019 2WW
    « Reply #52 on: 28/04/19, 19:42 »
    Sorry I haven't been around for a few days ladies, I hope you have all had a good weekend.

Mint - I'm sorry to hear you have started bleeding, I really hope it isn't AF. Hopefully the few days away with work will take your mind off everything. I hope the flight has gone well and you haven't had to spend the whole 12 hours making small talk.

Blossom - I'm glad your ear is starting to feel better. Fingers crossed the cramping is a good sign for you and hopefully it is not ectopic. Did you have lots of fun with your nieces?

Mumsey - Do you live in Italy permanently? I have felt like that this weekend like I just want to hang around and not really do much. It's nice to meet people whose partners are also 20 years older than them. My other half really doesn't act like it sometimes but I do have some funny looks and comments when I tell people our age gap. It is hard to watch family and friends have babies, in fact I had someone I went to college with announce she is expecting today and then another friend post a picture of her big baby bump. It's horrible because when it comes to family and close friends you have to be happy for them but then it is so difficult when they are getting the thing you have been wanting for a long time.

Amwarsy - I'm not doing too bad now, my head is still a little bit of a mess with doubts and questioning myself. I'm so scared to think too positively about it so it doesn't hurt too bad if we don't get a positive. I'm happy to hear that about imaging the baby and talking to it as I quite often feel silly picturing the baby growing and sometimes I will talk to it saying "come on baby you can do it". Those pessaries are a nightmare for giving symptoms and making us question what the symptoms are. Keep positive. Try not to get any home tests for a while because once you have them in the house it is more tempting to do them.

AFM - I am feeling much better than I did on Friday. I haven't had any more bleeding since Friday which I am massively hoping is a good sign. I have had a bit of nausea today aswell. I was at my in-laws for Sunday lunch, I had just finished my lunch and was stood in the kitchen having a drink when all of sudden I felt like I was going to throw up, I ran to the bathroom but after hoovering over the toilet for a short period of time the feeling passed. I did get a little bit sicky in the car on the way home but this is common for me, if I get too hot and sometimes the movement of the car makes me feel a little sick.

I had a bit of a bad night last night, we moved into a new house a few months ago and finally got round to unpacking the rest of the boxes yesterday and some dust that must have been floating around made my chest quite tight and I was struggling to breath. I have asthma so have to be careful with dust and animal fur, I haven't had an asthma attack for years so yesterday was very scary. I just wanted to get out of the house so asked my partner if we could stay at his parents but it quickly turned to a hospital visit. The hospital were awful though and didn't actually treat me, I was a very lucky woman and it improved itself and i discharged myself about 4am after being there for 7 hours without being seen by a doctor.

Offline Blossomberni

modify
    May 2019 2WW
    « Reply #53 on: 29/04/19, 05:34 »
    s_lauren - I'm glad you are feeling better now and your breathlessness improved on its own. That must have been quite a relief for you. I can't imagine what that must feel like,  it must be scary. Sounds like you may well have some symptoms there from what you have described. Sending you positive vibes.  :)

Offline mumsey2be

modify
    May 2019 2WW
    « Reply #54 on: 29/04/19, 09:56 »
    Hi Ladies, Good morning to you all!

@S_Lauren24 oh that sounds scary - I hope it has eased off. Does steam help at all? I dont have asthma but have had some horrid bugs this year and i found eucalyptus steam helped a lot - my work is in my voice ( I am a facilitator/speaker) so it was very unnerving - hope you feel better soon. Yes my hubby the same - our neighbours have known us 6 years and when they came over last year they asked - whose are the 60th birthday cards and I was like They are Mr Mumsey's and they literally dropped jaws. He is very young looking and very vibrant as a person. Actually we never really get awkward comments so perhaps that means I am aged looking!!! We got married last year. He's a wonderful person. So high five on that!

@AmWarsy nice to connect with you. Yes, Mr Mumsey is Setoli only also. It's hard sometimes not to feel a bit resentful toward him but i try to keep that under wraps as it is just a bit mean of me and not his fault - plus he told me on our second date so it is not like i didnt know. But then i think, if i had known the pain and the number of new parents (18) while we had losses and miscarriages, and bad eggs and blah blah  would i still have gone ahead with the relationship? But you know, I think i would!

@blossom hope the ear has eased off and today is a brighter day. Same for you @Mint.

AFM Had a big snotty cry this morning. It's been soooo long - I've watched 18 friends have babies and had to put on my happy face for them - feeling more and more and more behind. I think it feels worse because we cannot conceive naturally ( azoospermia) so i feel like it is so out of our hands to even do the deed etc. And then there is the money - thousand and thousands over the time. I remember back to the innocent days when i got pregnant on our very first IUI and i thought 'Hell, that was easier than expected!' then i miscarried and its been so hard since then. Especially when we did the IVF and my eggs were poor and we never got an embie to transfer. And now i am 9/10 days post 5dt donor embryo and i am afraid to test. Literally afraid, because i dont want to see a negative. So i think i am just going to sit with not knowing until my period is late. It would be due around Weds so i am just going to put my fingers in my ears because i dont think i handle a negative. Sorry for the rant. We've just been through so much and sometimes i wonder if it is worth it really and I just want to know what the outcome will be - i used think i was a lucky person and that fortune favoured me....

Re Italy  - we bought this house on a random whim ( don't ask!) 1.5 years ago  - i think we needed a project after MMC. WE live her for about 5months of each year on and off, but it is still a moving feast as last year was mainly coming over to do work, buy tiles, handle dust etc and this year is the fun bits, buy furniture and too many plants that i will probably kill for the terrace. I went a bit mad this weekend as there was a big plant and flower market in the town  - which is silly cos i fly home for a month tomorrow os will need to ask friends to come and water them all! We live in a little Maedieval town called Pontremoli - which means 'trembling bridge' in Northern Tuscany, just inland from the famous Cinque Terre park. Yesterday i bypassed the tourist hell that is Cinque and went to a gorgeous beach in a place called Sestre Levante. Burned my nose!

Hmm, really must get some work done! Love to you all. Sorry for blethering - i guess i am a bit lonely here and it is so helpful to have others in the same place/space. Infertility has been the most isolating experience - it's like being a polar bear on a little ice island....fingers crossed for all. xxx

Offline Blossomberni

modify
    May 2019 2WW
    « Reply #55 on: 29/04/19, 10:12 »
    mumsey2be - a good cry does us all the world of good every now and again. This infertility business is bizarre and emotions can change within minutes. You sound like you are brilliant at keeping yourself occupied. I'm with you totally on the denial aspect, it must be a way that we protect ourselves mentally. You have described the IVF game very eloquently in your post.

AFM - 11dp2dt today. earache has totally disappeared thank goodness. Sore throat that coincided has almost gone. Feeling a bit down in the dumps today but Im going to go to my allotment this afternoon as that always keeps me relaxed and focused. Having lower pelvic pains on and off and general lower backache which normally means AF is on the way. If AF doesn't appear I will leave testing until Thurs 2nd May as advised by the clinic. I've just had to call them as I will run out of meds on Sunday and if I do get a BFP on Thursday I will need some more. Seems silly as I don't feel its worked but I need to sort out a top up just in case as I will have to remain on all of them until wk12.

Hows everyone else doing?

Offline Mumsy35

modify
    May 2019 2WW
    « Reply #56 on: 29/04/19, 10:48 »
    Hi ladies i hope its ok to join. I posted in April 2WW but makes sense to post here as official beta is in May! I am finally in the 2WW. My OTD is 7th May. Nurse said you can test the day before if i wanted to as i had the trigger ovitrelle and it takes 10 days to wash out of system.
    Is anyone else having Beta around this time?
    I hope this is a lucky thread and we all get out BFP!

Looking forward to hear all your journeys. Best wishes to all xxx

Secondary infertility TTC#2

Secondary infertility TTC#2

Offline Lottsy

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    May 2019 2WW
    « Reply #57 on: 29/04/19, 20:38 »
    Hi all - so many more people on here now :-)

Sorry Iíve been quiet and not responding to personals but had a bit of a nightmarish last week and not had much down time. My test date is this Friday but Iím getting itchy feet and just want to test now. Even dreaming about it! Lol

Mint - I hope your journey was ok and AF hasnít shown up? Iím keeping everything crossed for you xxx

Berni - glad your ear and throat has got better and howís the back now? I get bad lower back ache with AF and hot water bottles are the only cure for me. Not long til testing for you now. How are you feeling?

Physio - hello again! We were on a board together around Christmas time I think. I was quite worried about my bladder being too full at transfer and when the doc pushed down with the ultrasound I had to hold my bladder so hard and Ďouchedí to let him know about it! Lol

Lauren - sorry to hear about your unexpected hospital trip but at least it improved by itself. Dust is such a nuisance and causes me problems with wheeziness too although I donít have asthma. Sounds like you may be experiencing some positive symptoms - only people in the TTC world would see nausea as a positive thing

AmWarsy - how are you feeling? Still holding off on testing? So lucky to have a couple in the freezer.

Mumsey2be - youíve always got us lot on here if youíre lonely. Lots of us going through this so youíre not alone. At least it must be a little warmer there and nice that you can enjoy your terrace - I must say Iím a little jealous right now x

Mumsy - welcome and good luck with the wait. Will you be testing earlier than the 7th?

AFM.... had a few twinges and minor cramps for the first week but nothing now. I was probably doing a bit too much at first so trying to take it a bit easier now which is helping. This is my first TWW so I donít really know whatís normal and what isnít. Pesseries are a bit of a nightmare and I have found that Iíve had a few days of watery discharge (sorry if TMI) which seems to have stopped now. Is that normal? Mind you, Iím not sure there is a normal going through this process as everyone seems to have such varying symptoms. Iím getting so tempted to test but really want to hold out so itís a definitive answer, for this step anyway!
    Wishing everyone the best of luck over the next few days xxx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Mumsy35

modify
    May 2019 2WW
    « Reply #58 on: 29/04/19, 21:46 »
    Hi Lottsy. Thanks for the welcome. Im sure you and I and Amwarsy&Physio cycled before in xmas glad to see you all in the 2WW!

Im thinking to test on a Frer on the 6th May. I wouldnt want to test any earlier due to the ovitrelle remaining in my system. Its very hard to wait till this long. DH has told me to wait it out.

To all the other ladies did anyone have any symptoms early on? Its been so long since i became pregnant ive forgotten what its like! i have no symptoms at all just twinges here and there now and feeling a little tired its only been 4dpt. Im trying to keep myself distracted by baking cakes and booked myself a haircut as a pickme up! Im meeting a friend this week for lunch also to keep my mind off things!

Hope everyone else is well sorry for lack of personals there are lots of you! Best wishes to all x x x

DD(8),secondary infertility, first time IVF, first FET 04/19, OTD 07/5/19

Offline S_Lauren24

modify
    May 2019 2WW
    « Reply #59 on: 29/04/19, 21:47 »
    mumsey - it was quite scary, at one point I thought I was going to die. It was horrible. Steam does tend to help, I don't know why at the time I didn't think of trying that. Mr mumsey sounds like a lovely man, congratulations on getting married last year. That sounds nice getting to live in Italy 5 months of the year. Sometimes we need a little cry during this process. Everytime I see a friend of mine announce a pregnancy it is like a stab in the heart, I just can't help but think "when will it be my turn". I hope this is the one for you, I've got everything crossed you get a BFP.

Blossom - Thank you it was incredibly scary, I was so relieved when it went and I could breath freely again. I'm glad your earache and sore throat have gone. I hope you were able to feel relaxed at the allotment this afternoon. I've got my fingers crossed for AF doesn't show and you get a BFP on Thurs.

Mumsy - Welcome to the thread, how are you finding the 2ww? My test date is 3rd May so a few days before you.

Lottsy - Sorry to hear you have had a bad week and not had any downtime. Testing early is always so tempting, on my first cycle I tested five times in a week  ::) Hopefully now you've slowed down a bit with everything you will be able to relax and take more care of yourself. I find the pesseries a nightmare and I also get a bit of watery discharge every now and again, I hate it when it happens when I'm in work.

AFM - Well ladies I was quite naughty this morning, I decided to test early. I wanted to test yesterday but my OH said no so this morning I sneakily tested and got a faint BFP. I couldn't believe it and I'm still being very wary of it. My test date isn't until Friday and I'm feeling a little scared to test again incase the test this morning was wrong. I've got lots of college work to keep me busy this week so hopefully I can keep my mind off it.