* Author Topic: May 2019 2WW  (Read 9963 times)

0 Members

Offline AmWarsy

modify
May 2019 2WW
« Reply #60 on: 30/04/19, 09:22 »
Morning ladies. Hope you're all well and coping!

OMG S-Lauren. Stay positive! This sounds really promising! How many days past transfer are you now? Praying this is it for you! I don't blame you in caving..i am close to too! :-s

Hi Mumsy! I do remember you from last year's board. Nice to hear from  you again. 6th May isn't actually that far off is it. My OTD is teh 5th..i am trying my best to last until Sat as i also may do a Frer the day before...

Hi Lottsy - it's so hard isn't it. I also had twinges / stabbing pains first week but they have eased now,,,i can't decide whether id rather feel pains or nothing! Friday is SO close for you! You're right - pessaries are vile. Thank god for my panty liners! Ive also been having lots of 'excess' :-s I hope you can stay strong until OTD ...but totally get it if you can't! xx

Hi Blossom. Glad to hear earache has eased. Not long for you now! I have also started having lower pelvic / abdomen pains. I am so worried it is start of AF ... but i know it could also be pessaries..OR a sign it has worked. How very confusing! Only 2 more days for you! WIshing you lots of luck xx

Hi mumseytobe. How are you getting on? Any sign of AF? Ahh your place sounds idyllic and the perfect place to be during the 2ww. I get what you mean about feelings towards DH diagnosis. I feel so sorry for him and also feel guilty when i think 'i wonder how many kids id have had by now' but i hardly have those thoughts any more and i really could not imagine doing this and raising a family with anybody else but him. Everything happens for a reason eh - even crappy sertoli cell only syndrome!
The feeling of not being able to just fall pregnant is horrible. I still even now hope every month a miracle has occurred and I am still crushed when AF arrives. It's horrible having to sit there and listen to friends 'decide' when they are going to have their 2nd even 3rd babies. Oh to have that choice!
I really hope you're ok. The fear to test is very common. Being in the PUPO bubble is nice and safe...why burst it! I do hope this is your lucky break. I hope this is a very lucky thread for us all xxx

AFM - back at work after almost a week off (although not working much lol!). Had a lovely weekend away and was Feeling ok although i have woken up with a dull AF type pain on the right side. I am on day 24 of my cycle today. Normal cycle is 25-27 days. I am petrified AF is arriving. I did have twinges / stabbing pains in the first few days but that has eased. Boobs are still a little tender but not as much. Still havent bought any tests..but it is pay day today and i am thinking of ordering some to do a test either Fri or Sat morn which will be 2 or 1 day early. I just dont think i can go another weekend of not knowing!

Sorry if i have missed anybody. Love to all xxx

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline mumsey2be

modify
    May 2019 2WW
    « Reply #61 on: 30/04/19, 12:55 »

^pray^ ^pray^ ^pray^ ^pray^ ^pray^ ^pray^ ^pray^ ^pray^ ^pray^ ^pray^ ^pray^

Hello everyone

@Slauren_24 OMG OMG so pleased for you! Keep us posted.... stay calm!!! Whoop whoop!!!

@Mumsy Hi Mummy I'm Mumsey! Lovely to meet you - lots of friendly help and support here for you.

@BlossomBerni - not long to go now - do let us know if you do a sneaky testlet! ^pray^

@Amwarmsey - gotta hang in there. I know how hard it is. The stabbing could be anything - that's part of the agony of it all right??? Keeping everything crossed for you and thanks for your words - it is so helpful to have others in same boat. Yes, i too get very jealous and annoyed  - my sister in law just announced her third and I felt like it was deliberate - which is very babyish i know but these feelings, even the feeling of wanting to have a kid, they seem uncontrollable to me at the moment.  ^pray^

@Lottsy - i feel your pain -  my knickers are so errr... crunchy these days, it's horrible!!! Also not long to go now though, so keep us posted
     ^pray^

@Mint how are you? how was the epic flight? Did you do skillful small talk with the big boss? I think men find it almost impossible to relate. We are the only sex that can create life, after all. It's a pretty freaking big difference and so i think they just can't connect. I hope he gave you a good hug and hold and looked after you.

Sorry if i missed anyone i can only see six messages down.

AFM

I am so pleased i am my own boss right now as I am getting very little done and would feel rather bad if I was working for someone! ^bigbad^

Still not tested. Still waiting till Friday eve when hubs and i will be back together. No sign of AF. I was two days late last month so it would be due tomorrow if on time and on Friday if late again. To be honest, i don't feel very periody. I just feel knackered and emotional. No other symptoms really though, except a slight ache, kind of like i used to get from my IUD but a bit more to the right.

Better bring my moon cup on the plane tonight though just in case.

Big hugs to everyone - may we all end the journey in joy, whenever the right time is for our bodies and our destiny. xxx

Offline AmWarsy

modify
    May 2019 2WW
    « Reply #62 on: 30/04/19, 13:59 »
    Hi Mumsey

Haha i LOL'd at your crunchy knickers comment. I think we can ALL relate :-s

There literally seems to be a new 'announcement' every hour at the minute doesn't it. I am always SO torn. I am obviously very happy for people - especially friends and family, but some people REALLY don't realise how lucky they are. It's really made me think about if / how i do my announcement when it does come to it (PMA - it will!) Ive always dreamed about posting that 1st scan or bump picture but knowing how much it stings when you can't have a baby so easy has made me  reconsider as i would hate to make somebody feel like that.

Your symptoms sound similar to mine...i have a dull ache on the bottom right too. Not painful but definitely there. Also emotional - i cried at a 1 Direction song this morning. WTF!! I hope AF stays aware for you

Are you heading back to the UK tonight? Safe flight xxx

Offline Blossomberni

modify
    May 2019 2WW
    « Reply #63 on: 30/04/19, 14:12 »
    Afternoon Ladies

Wow this board is getting nice and busy :)

Hello Mumsy - welcome to the 2ww. You should find lots of support on here. Good luck from me

Lottsy - I don't know that there is a normal in this 2ww game. Everyone seems to have such different symptoms and we are not all on the same drugs. It's torture having these drugs giving out side effects that mimic symptoms.

S-lauren - Im so pleased for you, Im keeping everything crossed as this does sound very promising

Mumsey2be - I hope you have a great flight home. Im glad to see that you are organised with your moon cup just in case. Im hoping that the fact you are so organised means that you won't need it.

Mint - I do hope your work trip is going ok and you are well.

Amwarmsy - hang in there. keep yourself occupied as much as possible to avoid testing

I'm so glad I own lots of cotton knickers and have a steam function on the washing machine to put on at the end of a wash cycle. The knickers are luckily coming out like they haven't witnessed the trauma of the dreaded pessaries.

AFM - 12dp2dt Emotions hit me today when I was at the vet waiting to get one of dogs boosters done and this poor old man came out of the room, lead in his hand, crying. That was it, I just started sobbing for this poor guy who had just had to have his dog put to sleep. 15 mins later whilst one of my dogs was having her booster jab i felt an overwhelming urge to be sick. I said to the vet, "i'm going to be sick, hold the dogs" and ran out of the room across the surgery to the loos and vomited. I started crying again. What a mess! Anyway I then was so embarrassed but made my way back to the room where the male vet looked quite alarmed. He'd finished what he needed to do and asked if I was ok and could he do anything. I told him I wasn't ill just might be pregnant and there was no need for him to put on those long gloves. Anyway we both laughed and I felt tons better.
    This then led me to thinking I can't wait, Im going to have to find out. I felt sick all the way home. Stopped at the chemist and bought a testlet! It was 12.30 when I got back but I thought what the hell and did it anyway - to my shock I have got a BFP. Its a slightly lighter line than the main line but its there. Im not going to tell hubby as its still too early in my mind. I will test again on Thursday and have hcg blood done and take it from there as I still have AF pains.

Sorry that was long winded guys

Offline mumsey2be

modify
    May 2019 2WW
    « Reply #64 on: 30/04/19, 14:19 »
    @Blosssom!!!! OMG OMG OMG Snoopy Happy Dance!!! I was just about to post and the web page told me there was a new post - We are on a roll here, God willing. So happy for you!!!I just started crying when I read it! God bless your steam clean function! May you be sick many more times etc etc

One Dimension! @AmWarsy that is SERIOUS! ^police^

However i cannot talk as i was mopping the hall and i passed my book shelf and found a children's book in italian that i must have bought to help me learn. I read a page out loud to practice my pronunciation and then i read the cover. It was Charlottes Web in Italian. This is the first film i ever saw with my mum, i must have been about 5. So i burst into tears thinking will i ever get to read this story to my daughter?

On the bump/scan publication - i reckon WHEN i get there i will only publish at large on birth. Anything else feels too risky - but i will email scans and bumps to a small group of close friends who have been there for us through it all - you REALLY get to know who your true friends are through this process as well. In a way, that's a good thing. My best  friend who got pregnant first try at 40 with a turkey baster at home -  ^idiot^ >:( ^idiot^has had a little private group on social media for about 20 of us, keeping us up to speed with her little one. This is perfect- private, personal and you can opt out if you need to. I totally believe that of course, the baby spam is unintentioned- these new mummies have just done something epic and they should celebrate - it's just so hard to be on the receiving end - in the same way that any social media gets me into the comparison game, this subject area is especially tricky!

I am shagged out. Have to catch a train to Pisa soon. Could just do with a little nap - we call them a 'pinichello' in Italian - isn't that a sweet word!

Best to everyone. Big hugs. x

Offline AmWarsy

modify
    May 2019 2WW
    « Reply #65 on: 30/04/19, 14:44 »
    Oh blossom!! This is AMAZING news!!! SO happy for you and praying things keep progressing!!! I hope this board continues it's lucky streak!!  ^pray^ ^pray^

Ha mumsey - i know...the weirdest things can set me off! At least your tearjerker was actually sentimental.
    And yep - i really do agree with what you're saying re: pre-birth updates. God help them all when the baby is here though lol.  I like your friends idea. Works well when everybody is so spread out all over the world!

Try and grab a pinichello on the train (such a perfect word!) :-p

Lotsa love xx

Offline Blossomberni

modify
    May 2019 2WW
    « Reply #66 on: 30/04/19, 17:20 »
    Ladies

Thank you for your words of support. I am staying in denial until Thursday. I am surviving on tic tacs to stop me feeling queasy. I do love the Italian language and must get a holiday booked there soon. I used to go every year but have not been for at least 10 years now. Our dog that passed away last month didn't cope with kennels so we rarely went away unless my niece could come and stay with all 4 of them.

I've just arranged with my clinic to have another couple of weeks worth of drugs delivered from their supplier (Stork) for Friday. I realised that I only had enough until Sunday and may be needing more! They don't keep anything in stock at Kings Fertility and one of them I'm on (Lubion) is notoriously difficult to get from pharmacies. The other 2 drugs can easily be ordered in at most of them.

Ive had a little pinichello myself this afternoon. It was bliss.

How is everyone doing?

Offline Lottsy

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    May 2019 2WW
    « Reply #67 on: 1/05/19, 05:56 »
    Hey all,

Lovely to see some positive news on here :-)
    Sadly for me, AF has arrived so looks like Iím out of the running and moving on to thinking about what to do next.
    Wishing everyone else all the best of luck and I will be following from a distance while I get stuck into next steps!
     Any tips greatly appreciated :-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Blossomberni

modify
    May 2019 2WW
    « Reply #68 on: 1/05/19, 08:40 »
    Hi lottsy

Im sorry AF has started. You've had so much to deal with this year. If you need any support just shout. Can you get any counselling from the unit at Guys? My only advice is take some time for yourself. Give your body and mind a chance to recover.

My other piece of advice is that if you do decide to go ahead and fund a cycle I would highly recommend looking at Kings and asking to have a consultation with Dr Sarris. The website is quite informative and his consultations are always very patient focused. The prices are all on the website and are fair when you compare them to other clinics. IVF is so expensive so just make sure that when you are looking for a clinic you don't get rushed into anything.

I wish you well in whatever you decide and as I said before don't hesitate to get in contact or reach out.

Best Wishes

Offline AmWarsy

modify
    May 2019 2WW
    « Reply #69 on: 1/05/19, 09:45 »
    Ahh Lottsy. So sorry to hear AF has arrived. Is it like normal? Have you done a test to double check?

I was crushed after our 1st failed cycle. Literally so down and i never feel down or depressed. I really didn't think i could do it all again. What i will say is feel all those feelings...cry it out..go out, get drunk...do something to make you smile (buy some new shoes). Before you know it, you will find the strength again and be ready to move on.
    Sending you lots of love xxx