* Author Topic: May 2019 2WW  (Read 9956 times)

0 Members

Offline Blossomberni

modify
May 2019 2WW
« Reply #80 on: 2/05/19, 12:07 »
Hi All

Just a quick one as Im feeling quite sick today - Will do personals later on.

Just want to say what a strong bunch of girls we all are and hang in there. You are all doing amazing considering what we are going through.

Just got back from central London having had bloods taken for hcg. Managed to speak to my consultant and he seemed very excited about the BFP urine test. Discussed with him that Im freaked out due to last ectopic and he was very sweet and said that he will want to do early scan in wk 6 if it all works out. He just said to take it one step at a time. Then laughed and said "there's no pleasing you is there."  Plan is to do hcg every 48 hours to monitor the trend over the next week so Im back there on Saturday AM.

Will catch up properly later. Best Wishes

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline Mumsy35

modify
    May 2019 2WW
    « Reply #81 on: 2/05/19, 14:08 »
    Amwarsy you are right i will wait till monday to test dont want a false positive! Good luck for your OTD. I havent ordered my PT tests yet as i know i would use them early!

Physiowife im glad you took some bed rest and relieved to hear it stopped! Will be testing FMU on Monday!

Odashwood when is your OTD? Good luck

Blossom good to hear about your doctor being positive wishing you lots of luck for your call later today.

Afm got a call from the clinic to see how i was doing in the 2WW and I asked what the beta levels should be. She said above 70 is ideal but above 30 is still good. She said to test FMU on monday morning if wanted to test early. Better order my PT tests online good old amazon prime!

Good luck to all hope everyones ok xxxx

DD(8),secondary infertility, first time IVF, first FET 04/19, OTD 07/5/19

Offline mumsey2be

modify
    May 2019 2WW
    « Reply #82 on: 2/05/19, 14:20 »
    Hello everyone, good to hear all your updates - on a bit of the run today so won't personal but will do later.

Still havent tested yet, no spotting, no major cramping, bit light headed  - we will test either tomorrow night or first thing Saturday. I'v been so much happier just knowing something is on board, but presumably it could not have taken by progesterone i stopping my period arriving? Can anyone clarify? Would my period have arrived by now - it is 2 days late.

Offline Mumsy35

modify
    May 2019 2WW
    « Reply #83 on: 2/05/19, 14:36 »
    Mumsey2be well done for holding out and not testing earlier! If you are two days late it sounds like a good sign! Ive not taken progesterone so im not sure, im sure someone will reply soon.
    My nurse said to test first thing in the morning rather than at night as it would be more concentrated!
    Good luck when you test xxxx

Offline AmWarsy

modify
    May 2019 2WW
    « Reply #84 on: 2/05/19, 16:09 »
     Welcome odashwood. Wishing you lots of luck. Glad to hear you have had a good experience. It really is such a relief when you get treated properly

Hi physiowife – bit of a crossover from the other board. Lol. I am ok. Had a few little sickie spells today but worry every single thing I am feeling is in my head. Acupuncture is really amazing isnt it. And yes I have heard that about the pulse…but I kind of don’t want her to even check as what If she doesn’t feel that pulse! Maybe ill just ask her to not even check or comment on it. Surely she won’t I suppose!

Hi blossom. Sorry to hear you’re feeling unwell ☹ We really are tough cookies aren’t we! So have your numbers been ok so far? Good that they are keeping an eye on you

Hey Mumsy35 – definitely don’t order any if you would be tempted! Nice that your clinic has called to see how you are! Monday isn’t far off at all!

Hi mumsey2be. Ah bless you. So was OTD 2 days ago also? I was told that progesterone can postpone AF and it definitely did for me on my 1st cycle. Once I got my BFN and stopped taking it, AF arrived a couple of days later. I do know everyone is different though as I have seen that first sign of it not working for many people is their AF arriving so it must just really depend on the person. Good Luck with your test! Xxx

Offline Blossomberni

modify
    May 2019 2WW
    « Reply #85 on: 2/05/19, 18:44 »
    just heard back from consultant - hcg is 184 which in his words is "spot on". Its the highest Ive ever had so fingers crossed.

Im going for a nap - i can't keep my eyes open

Offline S_Lauren24

modify
    May 2019 2WW
    « Reply #86 on: 2/05/19, 20:25 »
    Mumsy - Thank you. OH is feeling much better now and trying to care of himself. Try and hold off on testing as long as possible (easy for me to say when I tested so early!) It can be horrible waiting for symptoms to show up and even when they do we question them all. Try to remain positive.

Amwarsy - Thank you. I'm feeling okay, just rather tired. I've got lots on in and out of work so I don't think that is helping. I have to ring the clinic tomorrow so I'm feeling a little excited to do that. Thank you my OH is very much enjoying his time off especially as he only has to work next week and then he gets another two weeks off. I can't complain though because I get two weeks off too.
    I'm glad you are feeling more positive for this cycle. Fingers crossed those twinges and stabbing pains are a good sign. Is there a reason the acupuncture is putting you off testing early? I've never tried acupuncture and don't think I could, the idea scares me!

Odash - Welcome to the thread. Best of luck for your cycle.

Thephysioswife - I had a bit of bleeding last Friday and it stopped the next day. I was convinced it hadn't worked. The bleeding could be a good sign. I've got my fingers crossed for you. Not long to go now, hold on in there.

Blossom - You are bound to be nervous from past experiences so I'm glad -your consultant was excited about your BFP. IT's best to take it one step at a time so you don't stress about it. 184 sounds fab especially if it is the highest you've ever had. I've got everything crossed for you this all goes well.

Mumsey - I'm afraid I can't any advice on whether the progesterone will stop AF. It didn't for me on my last cycle, I came on bang on the day I was meant to. Keep us updated with how the test goes.

AFM - Not much to update for me today. I have got to test tomorrow just to make sure and then I've got to ring the clinic and I'm guessing they will fill me in with how the next stage works. Symptoms for me are pretty much: sore boobs, tiredness and today I have noticed I've been peeing more than usual. Oh and I am a little constipated (sorry tmi).

I hope I haven't missed anyone and everyone is well and coping with the tww xx

Offline Blossomberni

modify
    May 2019 2WW
    « Reply #87 on: 2/05/19, 21:11 »
    Hi All

odashwood - welcome to the 2WW madhouse. Great to see more people on The May thread. Really good to see positive info on clinics abroad. Ive never looked into the detail before. It makes such a difference when you know that the clinic are patient focused and you can trust them.

HCG INFO (for anyone that wants it)
    Pregnancy week   Standard hCG range
    4 weeks   5–426 mIU/mL
    5 weeks   18–7,340 mIU/mL
    6 weeks   1,080–56,500 mIU/mL
    7–8 weeks   7,650–229,000 mIU/mL

s_lauren good luck for tomorrow. Keeping everything crossed for you. You've done so well in this 2WW. Your symptoms are eerily similar to what Ive had this time round ^pray^

Amwarsy - hang in there, you can do it. It's not worth testing more than day early in my opinion. I only gave in this time because of the the vomiting situation in case it was something id eaten. I'd always lasted before!

Mumsey2be - AF can still come on progesterone, its happened to me and a few others I've noticed so things are looking good for you. Hows the cat?

Mumsy - cant remember if you said you were going in for Beta hcg bloods or not on Tuesday. Amazon does seem to be the cheapest for the tests. My husband went for first response and clearblue ;D

physiowife - the bleeding seems fairly common from reading other peoples info so its great you have been reassured and advised to have a bit of bed rest.

I hope I've covered everyone. I apologise if I have missed anyone.

AFM - I feel a bit more relaxed since getting the hcg result. I'm having another done on Saturday morning to check if its doubling. Will get the results either Monday afternoon or Tuesday morning.

Best Wishes to everyone. Im looking forward to the next updates.

Offline Mumsy35

modify
    May 2019 2WW
    « Reply #88 on: 2/05/19, 23:13 »
    Blossom congrats on your betathats fantastic news praying those beta numbers double the next few days! Thanks for the beta numbers gives us all an idea of what to look for.

Yes official beta will be on Tuesday(God willing!) . DH has said not to test day before! Aaaargh now im gonna just have to wait till beta day now!

Trying to keep distracted the next few days. Good luck to all xxxx

Offline AmWarsy

modify
    May 2019 2WW
    « Reply #89 on: 3/05/19, 09:32 »
    Hi blossom. Congrats on your HCG. All is sounding great. So happy for you 😊

Hi S-Lauren. I bet making that call is very exciting! Let us know how you get on with this morning’s test 😊 Glad your OH is enjoying his time off. Are you going on holiday when you are off also? Oh no, with regards to the acupuncture..i just didn’t want to test and go to her and have to pretend I hadn’t tested. I am also just a bit anxious that she might be able to tell whether I am pregnant..or worse..if I am not…I am pretty sure she just won’t say anything as it wouldn’t be very fair! I have really enjoyed it – have been going to her for about 4 months now. It really doesn’t hurt,,,although I get why people are a bit apprehensive!

Oh Mumsy. My DH is the same. He wants to wait. But I think I have managed to convince him to compromise and do a FRER in the morning. I know it is only 1 more day to wait but I seriously feel like I have waited an eternity

AFM 9dp5dt…..D Day is almost here. Feeling a bit sickly today….also feel like I could crawl back into bed and fall straight asleep. I had an eyelash appointment yesterday and actually dozed off on the bed – woke myself up with a snort. Oops! I don’t know if the tiredness is a good sign or if it is just because my mind is working overtime. Although I have been sleeping really well. One last day in work to get through

Thinking of you all! Xx