* Author Topic: DE twins support  (Read 1209 times)

0 Members

Offline esj

modify
DE twins support
« Reply #10 on: 27/04/19, 11:21 »
Thanks Stacey10 yes I hardly ate a thing yesterday couldn't keep anything down. I went for Japanese food the night before (no sushi obvs!) and think something really disagreed with me but have been feeling generally nauseous every day past couple of weeks and just off food generally. Will see doc if it persists x

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline Laquinn

• Gold Member
    modify
    DE twins support
    « Reply #11 on: 27/04/19, 15:19 »
    Esj - Congrats on your twins. I am currently 27 weeks pregnant with DE twins and can really relate to your post. I have hyperemisis which was really bad earlier on - around ten weeks DH and I even considered ending the pregnancy I was struggling so much. DH also started to panic about his age and if we would be able to cope with twins. I phoned the pregnancy sickness helpline and they gave me great advice to get me medicated properly and put me in contact with a local woman who has been through hyperemisis who texts me regularly and even came to visit me with hyperemisis friendly food and drinks! I am also recieving support from the perinatal mental health team on the NHS and if you are struggling with low mood/ anxiety I would recommend asking your GP or Ob about it. I struggled with the DE aspect too but as the pregnancy has went on I am bonding more and more with these wee people growing inside of me. It's complicated having had previous losses and transfering that anxiety to this pregnancy but I'm getting more and more moments where I'm enjoying being present and feeling these lives growing inside me. The TAMBA antenatal classes are great and they have loads of info on their website. There are loads of twins buy and sell pages to get gear and probably a twins group close by to where you live. Wishing you all the best - it's a tough road but hopefully worth it. xxxx

Offline esj

modify
    DE twins support
    « Reply #12 on: 27/04/19, 19:26 »
    Laquinn Thanks so much for your advice thats amazing! Inspiring to hear how you've got through to this stage and sounding super positive. Will look into the sickness helpline didn't even know that existed. Will definitely get onto Tamba too. Have a 10 week scan in a fortnight so will see how things are looking and take it from there. Wishing you all the best too! Keep us posted with your progress xxx

Offline miamiamo

• Gold Member
    modify
    DE twins support
    « Reply #13 on: 27/04/19, 20:24 »
    Laquinn - good luck, and thank your for sharing your amazing story x