* Author Topic: IVF/FET/IUI/Clomid at 40+ OWN EGGS ONLY - questionnaire  (Read 5589 times)

0 Members

Amandacatherine

Thanks for that ladies. I am at create London. They said to ring In the morning and let them know. I know one month wonít make a big difference and I would rather feel good when doing this then dragging myself to appointments with a dodgy stomach, only you ladies know how uncomfortable all the tests and needles would be with that.
Efi, I hope you transfer goes well there is still hope, however small it is for all of us.

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline Qpmz

• Un-Ranked
    Thanks Pauli, yes I did have a PGS normal embryo that didnít stick. I sent 4 off for testing and got 1 normal. It was so distressing and confusing when it was a BFN. Thanks for your words of encouragement re: an ERA, itís something Iíll definitely do if we decide to do another cycle. My last three cycles have all been fresh with 3 good embryos put back each time. Itís hard to believe they were all dud so an ERA might provide answers. Plus thereís a theory that a frozen transfer (which Iíd need to do following an ERA) might in some way be more beneficial than a fresh. Good luck to you all ☀️🦋

Offline Efi78

• Gold Member
    Butterfly,

What was the laparoscopy for and what were the findings?

So, the only BFP with OE we got so far at 40+ is a natural one. I wonder whether mild IVF is the answer for 40+. I hear very often about ladies conceiving naturally at 40+ with OE but not through IVF. Is it old eggs or high drug dosages the problem? Also note that Butterfly was the only one to conceive naturally but also the only one that doesnít have male factor.
    CathA I am really curious to see how your  modified natural cycle will go

Letís see if we can get some more answers:

1.   How old where you when you started IVF? Any fertility issues besides age?
    2.   How many cycles did you have?
    3.   What meds and protocol did you use?
    4.   Did you also take extra supplements?
    5.   How many eggs were collected?
    7.   Did you also have male factor?
    8.   How many embryos did you get (3 day or 5 day)?
    9.   How many did you transfer?
    10. lining thickness?
    11. BFP/BFN? If BFP after how many cycles?fresh or FET?
    12. Any embryos left for freezing?
    13. Did you ever manage a natural conception at 40+?
    14. If unsuccesful, after how many cycles you decided enough is enough and moved to Donor/adoption/gave up?
    15. Which clinic did you use?

Amandacatherine

Cancelled cycle this morning as still not well, I think if it was a bad cold fine but this just couldnít, so 3 week wait now and then June start. Disappointed but think the better decision then going ahead.Now it will be back to back each month, hopefully will find that egg.

Offline Efi78

• Gold Member
    All the best CathA. Keep us posted on how modified natural IVF goes. Itís super interesting.

Offline StrawberrySundae

• Gold Member
    Hi Efi - info requested- hope this is useful for you.

1.   How old where you when you started IVF? 39 Any fertility issues besides age? Male factor issues.
    2.   How many cycles did you have? 9 transfers (5 egg collections).
    3.   What meds and protocol did you use? Various - initially long protocol with down-regging, clomid gentle IVF..
    4.   Did you also take extra supplements? Yes a lot! Still on high potency B vits & C, omegas, iron, probiotics, multi mineral..
    5.   How many eggs were collected? Between 8-3 depending on type of protocol (less on gentle IVF).
    7.   Did you also have male factor? Yes.
    8.   How many embryos did you get (3 day or 5 day)? Usually 2 or 3 blastocysts, good quality (just old eggs!?)
    9.   How many did you transfer? Usually 1 but 2 twice (including most recent).
    10. lining thickness? 10-13mm.
    11. BFP/BFN? 7 If BFP after how many cycles? From 1st cycle. fresh or FET?  1st was fresh, all others FET
    12. Any embryos left for freezing? Sometimes (1-3).
    13. Did you ever manage a natural conception at 40+? 39.
    14. If unsuccesful, after how many cycles you decided enough is enough and moved to Donor/adoption/gave up? Moved into DE age 43, after 5 transfers & 5 egg collections.
    15. Which clinic did you use? Care (UK), NGC, St Petersburg (not recommended) & Serum, Athens (recommended).

Strawberry x

Offline Flyby

1) Age 42 when started IVF, 44 when successful

2) 4 IVF, 4 embryo banking

3) First 4 cycles various mixtures of Menopur, Fostimon, Altermon; 4 embryo banking cycles using plain, old, simple Clomid.

4) Loads of supplements for months, split between morning, lunchtime, evening.... Pregnacare Conception, Probiotics, Ubiquinol 800mg per day, Vitamin D3, PQQ, baby aspirin, Royal Jelly, Folic Acid, Vitamin B complex, PABA, Lycopene, Iron, Fish oil, Pycnogenol, Selenium & Zinc, L-arginine, Myo-Inositol, Alpha Lipoic Acid, Carnitine, Melatonin.

5) 2-6 eggs each time

7) No male factor

8) On the fresh IVFs I got between 2-4 embryos each time, never any blastocysts, had either two or three day transfers, tried to leave them longer on one cycle and they all arrested by day 5. On the embryo banking cycles with Clomid we got 2-4 blastocysts every time.

9) Transferred all embryos that made it every time, 2-4.

10) Lining either 9 or 10 ish.

11) BFP on the first frozen embryo transfer after four failed fresh cycles; thawed and transferred 4 blastocysts.

12) Have 6 frozen embryos left as it worked with first transfer.

13) No natural conception attempted.

14) I went to Serum clinic in Athens.

Offline Efi78

• Gold Member
    Thatís really impressive Flyby and whatís more interesting is that what strong drugs didnĎt achieve was achieved with good old clomid.

May I ask how this works? I assume itís a kind of mild IVF, where you take clomid, produce 2-3 follicles and each month the doctor collects these eggs and creates embryos with sperm and transfer at an FET? How much does this cost? I guess same as traditional IVF as it involves egg collection?

Again here we have a pattern where a 40+ woman did conceive but there was no male factor.

Amandacatherine

Flybe, can I ask were your egg collections done when 42/43/44? I ask as I have done 10 rounds, no success, 1-2 embryos each time that do go to blast but not up to the job, and now at 44.1 and starting my 3 banking modified natural next month was curious.

Offline Efi78

• Gold Member
    CathA what protocol are you following?