* Author Topic: BFP and due Oct/Nov 2020  (Read 5507 times)

0 Members

Offline jana6748

• Un-Ranked
modify
BFP and due Oct/Nov 2020
« Reply #60 on: 24/07/20, 08:14 »
@ mac we are doing a hypno birthing course online - its a group one, which is what I wanted to meet other mums.
https://lionhearthypnobirthing.com/
Don't let them push you to do an induction - its really worth having a look at your birth rights - have you got the brilliant book BUMP by Kate evans. she is great, it is funny but informative. really worth getting 2nd hand copy and having good read through - she is very clear that you can really not be pushed into things.

@juniper well done for the patience - I just had to know! Im 25 weeks on monday - its flying by. small but definate bump and can feel her wiggling about - the bump changes shape as she decides where to hang out. bonkers!
I got sent for a walk to - star jumps and bananas in the car park... nothing changed!

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline jana6748

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    BFP and due Oct/Nov 2020
    « Reply #61 on: 24/07/20, 08:43 »
    also nct are offering discounts on online courses - cover things like birth choices, feeding, safe sleeping, nappys, swaddling and more. also you meet a group of parents to be who are all due same time. Good way to create a group around you. You put in due date and postcode so its local to you even if cant meet at moment..

not sure of price as enquired months ago and only following up now! https://www.nct.org.uk/courses-workshops/nct-antenatal-course

Offline jana6748

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    BFP and due Oct/Nov 2020
    « Reply #62 on: 24/07/20, 08:50 »
    me AGAIN!
    another thing I am looking at is placenta encapsulation.... hang on dont leave yet! ;D ;D

Im going to opt to have some of my placenta into a smoothie. Aiming for home birth but you can also have this if you have any kind of hospital birth as you get sent a pack with v clear instructions) - (she comes and does it for you bring her own apple and banana and blender which is good to know!) really helps stem any bleeding, bring milk in and help hormones level out.
    the rest gets turned into capsules that you take for 1st 6 months / however long they last AND  then some into a tincture - this can be a rescue remedy for when the child is older (100% vodka!....) but the amazing thing is that it can really help you in the menopause!

Offline Jupiter 96

modify
    BFP and due Oct/Nov 2020
    « Reply #63 on: 26/07/20, 22:20 »
    Hi Ladies,

we have booked in to an online NCT course.  I would have preferred to do face to face but needs must....
    I have seen One Born Every Minute where a lady hypno birthed and it looked so very lovely. I realise that it doesnít mean I will cope so well but it is inspiring.... 

That being said, I donít know if I would do a paid course purely on this, I was hoping that it may be covered in the NCT.  Do you know any good books on the subject?

When do you both plan to take the classes?

Have any of you discussed having jabs at any point?

Offline jana6748

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    BFP and due Oct/Nov 2020
    « Reply #64 on: 31/07/20, 12:36 »
    @juniper there are loads of books on hypnobirthing - my friend recommended the Mongan method. also loads on youtube and good matras and visualisations to learn.
    even if you need lots of medical intervention it can be really positive for you to use.
    I think it can just get you into a really good place where you just really focus on your body.
    Its not covered in NCT I dont think

Hope that helps a bit! X

Offline Mac78

• I do believe in miracles.
    modify
    BFP and due Oct/Nov 2020
    « Reply #65 on: 1/08/20, 09:27 »
    Hi all,

Jana & Jupiter; thank you for the suggestions, for some reason I didn't receive a notification from your replies so just reading today.

I am reading the Morgan method and it's very interesting, just wish it was more straight to the point but it's easy to skip pages that is not really relevant. I've  also signed for the digital package from the Positive Birth Company, although  I am only haf way through, I am finding it fascinating and helpful. It's a great value for money as it covers all births scenarios; it's al about giving you the knowledge so you will be able to make  decisions yourself about what is right for you and your baby. It helps to build your confidence so you can make your birth a good experience, regardless if doesn't go according to your initial plan. Also, I love the face social media community group where there are lot of positive stories, pretty much every day there is a new one or two to read.

I am still rather not to have an induction but I am not afraid anymore, if for any medical reasons this is the way to go,  I now know I would be abe to make the decision myself and I will try making a positive outcome from it.

I don't know which jabs I should be taking? I cant' find anything on my notes. I have my 24- week app next week with my GP Doctor then I will ask her.

^hugme^ to everyone.

Offline jana6748

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    BFP and due Oct/Nov 2020
    « Reply #66 on: 4/08/20, 08:23 »
    @mac that is powerful stuff 'not be be afraid anymore' I think that is brill!

I am really looking forward to starting our classes - my partner is also doing a seperate course, and reading up to that he can feel fully engaged and supportive.

The big thing is you just never know what will happen on the day!!

How are you feeling??

Jana X

Offline Jupiter 96

modify
    BFP and due Oct/Nov 2020
    « Reply #67 on: 29/08/20, 09:52 »
    Hi Everyone!

I feel ridiculously happy that today I am 27 weeks precisely!  Not entirely sure why because in my head the number of weeks I felt warranted a huge milestone next was 30 weeks, I shall refrain from letting the annoying voice in my head mumbling about jinxing things and enjoy the positive vibes instead.

I actually feel that my bump is huge although this has actually snuck up on me, itís been very gradual...

How many weeks are you all now and how are you all feeling? 😀