* Author Topic: BFP Due Date - January/February 2020  (Read 14581 times)

0 Members

Offline whatonearth

modify
BFP Due Date - January/February 2020
« Reply #140 on: 17/12/19, 18:57 »
Hi all,
Oh no Aggie, I’m in shock. How awful for you. I cant believe your bike fell apart. Poor you. How are you feeling?
I hope you end up with amazing choppers after all the chaos.
At least you have a lovely, comfortable mattress and your chair, massage thingy from work, so you should be able to relax a bit more. How is your back?
I had a scan on Friday, after the local scan was cancelled, I had to go to obstetrics because I had a bit of light, bleeding from a polyp (I discovered). At the scan baby was head down, but curled in a ball on my right. The sonographer said they can still move quite freely at 31 weeks and could change position overnight. She said wouldn't have worried about breech position at this point.
Still, its good to do what you can to turn them around, i would do the same.
London thats great news about the insulin. Now you can have some peace of mind and, hopefully eat a healthy amount of calories without worrying.
It sounds as if the house is coming along really well. How is your DS coping with all the madness and impending brother?
Do you have a scan soon, or have you had one recently?
I live quite centrally, in a city, where you take your life in your hands if you choose to cycle, but I would love to cycle more. Good for you both getting out there and hitting the road on your bike/trike.
During my unscheduled hospital visit. The baby’s hearbeat was monitored for 30 minutes and they were happy with it and her level of movement. The umbilical resistance had dropped a little, from 6.9, to 6 also good news, but the scan measurements were also down. Still in the 70s, but not 95th centile any more.
I have been doing more exercise bike and walking, partially to try to reduce her size, so that the obstetrician could stop stressing about getting me in for an early induction. Now she will probably start worrying about the drop!
Seeing her on Friday, so lets see what she makes of it.
How is the birth plan going Aggie? Have you already written something for a vaginal delivery?
I have to write something soon, but cant decide what to include.
Have you got a plan yet London?

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline Londonwriter

modify
    « Reply #141 on: 18/12/19, 11:47 »
    AggieBlue - don't worry about the baby being breech. Grape was breech until a couple of weeks ago. He's now turned head down, which means - interestingly - that I feel him a lot more. I thought he was a lot less active than his big brother because DS was head down all the time, but he seems he's potentially more active than DS!

Sorry about the dentist visit. I guess, as with me, it feels like it's one thing after another sometimes. I had to take paracetamol a couple of times last night with niggling pain between my teeth and am worried incase it's the tooth with the root canal again (see previous pages of this thread) so am back at the dentist this afternoon. Then I'm at the consultant tomorrow and am having a scan on Xmas Eve.

DS was very moody with the decorating. It's now a bit better - the top-floor rooms just need light fittings doing, etc., the furniture is largely upstairs, and the front room is mostly painted. We're hoping to be onto wallpapering the hall (finally) by next week. He is completely avoidant of the idea of having a little brother. I keep telling him and either he insists he says he wants a little sister, or he ignores me and walks off. He does (I think) understand the concept vaguely, as I keep telling him he's going to be a big brother like Jon who lives two doors down from us. So, sometimes, when I say he's going to have a little brother, he says, "Like Ryan and Jon!"

I don't have a birth plan because, with being a medication-controlled gestational diabetic, aged 40 (at the end of this month), with a history of shoulder dystocia and a  baby measuring a fortnight ahead (all over his body), I don't think I'm going to have many options. I think realistically I'm going to be offered an induction at 38 weeks or a c-section at 39 weeks, and it's going to be deciding which sucks less for Grape...  :(

Offline whatonearth

modify
    « Reply #142 on: 18/12/19, 20:15 »
    Hi all, how did the Dentist go Aggie?
    Are you feeling a bit better after the fall?
    London thank goodness the decorating is coming to an end. Your DS sounds hilarious. He's probably fed up the upheaval too.
    My DS is 15 and he is hiding from me because I'm so grumpy. He is super messy and a typical teenager, spaced out.
    You never know, grape may have gone down in size by next week with the introduction of the insulin?
    I am nearly on holiday. One more daaaaaay!
    I have a bedroom carpet being fitted on Monday, so will have to get help from DS  to move everything out of the room.
    Do you both have plans for Christmas day?

Offline Aggieblue

modify
    « Reply #143 on: 18/12/19, 21:47 »
    Londonwriter, you could still have a birth plan for induction and c-section scenarios. I will have both as they're looming over me as well!
    how did your dentist appointment go? at least we get it for free now, eh?

whatonearth, i can imagine a teenager's enthusiasm for a baby  ;D it will be nice to have some help from him though, he's big enough to take on some responsibilities. enjoy your holiday! i'm "working" through Christmas but only from home and with everyone else off, I just need to keep an eye on things really.

My teeth were fixed today. They feel weird, different texture obviously and size than previously. Need to get used to them. But they look fine, you wouldn't know unless you looked closely. i have to be careful about biting into things though. I will miss biting into a crunchy apple! i'm back to work tomorrow (booo) but got the good news today that finally the double glazed windows will be installed on the 23rd. the best christmas present ever!

Offline Londonwriter

modify
    « Reply #144 on: 20/12/19, 07:42 »
    London thank goodness the decorating is coming to an end. Your DS sounds hilarious. He's probably fed up the upheaval too.
    My DS is 15 and he is hiding from me because I'm so grumpy. He is super messy and a typical teenager, spaced out.

Ha! :) I’m not looking forward to having a teenage DS.

Yeah, DS is a real little character. He’s like one of those precocious preschoolers from films who corrects adults in a patronising tone of voice and is comedy snarky. Only yesterday, he was in the trike and his grandad said: “You’re in your little trike” and he goes, very authoritatively: “No, it’s a *big* trike”. So I said to him, “It must be fun being three - it’s the last time you’ll know everything” ;)

The funniest one was when he refused to eat his dinner and ran into my office to hide. His dad followed him and was going, in the patronising/pleading voice you use with a small child: “Why don’t you come back and eat your nice rice, nice salmon and nice peas?” and he responds, in a really snarky tone of voice: “No, I want *nice* bread and *nice* blueberries.” His dad just came back in shrugging and said: “I’ve just been talked back to by a three year old”!

It can be a little annoying, but he’s a lovely, lively little chap and I’m sure it will be a positive as he gets older (and less like a toddler) :D

You never know, grape may have gone down in size by next week with the introduction of the insulin?

Unfortunately, Grape’s head size is not apparently affected by the gestational diabetes and has been at the 85-89% percentile throughout. His stomach was at the 98% percentile due to the GD, so that can shrink down to the 85% percentile, but he’s still a big lad. His brother was 8lb 5oz and his conception date was impossible (middle of my period - he was a natural conception) so I think he was also probably measuring ahead of dates too. I wasn’t diagnosed with GD in that pregnancy either. Today DS is at the 79-85% percentile for height and weight - he is the size of a four year old.

Anyhow, we calculated, based on his head size, Grape is due to be just over 9lb.

In short, I seem to produce large sturdy boys, which would be great if I were a character in Game of Thrones (“She appeared barren, but has finally produced strong, athletic heirs, m’Lord”), but not so much if I don’t want shoulder dystocia/a c-section :D

I am nearly on holiday. One more daaaaaay!
    Do you both have plans for Christmas day?

Unfortunately, I’ve got some client work to deliver before the beginning of January and the decorator is also only taking two days off. I didn’t want to trek to my parents-in-law for Xmas Day and they’re now spending it cooking for a bedridden relative, so it’s just going to be DH, my mum, DS and I. Hence, the most exciting things we’re doing are seeing Star Wars at the Leicester Square cinema on Saturday afternoon (it’s kinda a date for DH and I) and taking DS to a local pantomime.

How about you?

Offline Londonwriter

modify
    « Reply #145 on: 21/12/19, 08:49 »
    Londonwriter, you could still have a birth plan for induction and c-section scenarios. I will have both as they're looming over me as well!

Thanks, I'll ask. I didn't have anything really last time except 'would prefer to birth actively'. The consultant didn't really mention birthing yet - he seems to be playing by ear to see if my blood glucose control causes Grape to get smaller.

how did your dentist appointment go? at least we get it for free now, eh?

Apparently just gum problems due to hormones and my nervousness about cleaning the area around the root canal as I haven't had it crowned yet and am afraid of it falling out...

Really glad to hear about your double glazing :) With having our front room now (mostly) clear, I understand the relief of getting things sorted before the holidays :)

Offline Aggieblue

modify
    « Reply #146 on: 21/12/19, 19:48 »
    hi Londonwriter, glad to hear the dentist scare wasn't anything big. Always a relief!
    I get help with my birth plan from my doula, don't think my midwife cares about it much, beyond where i want to give birth.

I didn't take any days off during the holidays but since literally everyone else is off, it really is just keeping an eye on things, not actual work. I will just try and finish my handover document so I don't have to worry about that. I am not going to the office at all, so it still feels like i'm on holiday, just with the laptop open in case anything pops up.

my plan is to pack my hospital bag and maybe do a batch cooking and freeze it for when the baby is here. He hasn't turned around yet, as much as I can tell, although might be traverse now as i get more kicks in my side. Not sure if it's good or bad news, might mean he is on his way to be heads down!

not much else to report, hope everyone else is enjoying the weekend!

Offline whatonearth

modify
    « Reply #147 on: 22/12/19, 02:07 »
    Hi all,
    Aggie
    do you get days off for Christmas day and boxing day?
    How is your massager working? Any help for yoir back?
    My baby was head down last time I scanned, but curled round to the right. I have been feeling kicks in the right side too, but she wasn't actually transverse, so perhaps your ds has started to move down?
    London your ds sounds so funny. He knows what he likes and it isn't rice and salmon.
    At least you won't have a Christmas trek and you can have a nice small (relaxed) Christmas.
    Christmas is so hectic normally, it's nice when the travelling is curtailed.
    I will just have my ds and my mum. Usually, ds's dad comes, but he's being difficult with ds atm, so I haven't invited him this year.
    That could change. I would feel bad if he had nowhere to go?!
    You may not need to worry about your Ds  becoming a teen. My ds is absolutely lovely, he's quite spaced out, but he's great company and is pretty cheerful in general. He will be great with a baby, is very silly, just what babies like.
    I reckon my girl will be a lot more hard work as a teen. I was a horror.
    Just wondering, have you guys looked online at fetal growth charts? They all seem to vary so much.
    The one they use where I live is relatively obscure,but when I input the scan details into other charts the centiles are different to those my consultant uses.
    It looks like the abdominal circumference has dropped at each scan, but the femur length has increased, whilst the head measurement has been similar.
    The expected birth weight for on one chart, for 95th centile AC seems to be about 8lbs 4oz at 39 weeks.
    I dont know what to expect.
    I had my check up on Friday. My consultant pointed out that at my scan on the 13th the ac measurement has crossed from above the 95th to slightly below the line.
    She started to dramatise the possible consequences and I ended up having a 15 minute rant. Because I'm an older mum the consultants seem to very melodramatic about the possible outcomes even though they can't see any health issues.
    I was quite happy that the AC size was reduced as my authority views above 95th centile as macrosomic.
    My consultant was worried that the drop would continue and the baby would end up on the 5th centile.
    That could happen, but I feel I have made positive chsnges to my activity levels and diet and that is probably part of the reason.
    At the 26th week scan, I had been bed ridden and exhausted after a horrible cold and before that was exhausted for no obvious reason, probably due to hormones.
    Sorry, droning on, but I cant wait to have the baby and escape from the scrutiny, and gloom of the consultants.
    Oo, do you have actual names chosen yet?

Offline whatonearth

modify
    « Reply #148 on: 24/12/19, 10:46 »
    Hi all,
    Aggie, are the windows in? Is it heaven?
    What are you and pups eating tomorrow?
    London, how goes the house?
    Are you stocking up on insulin, so that you can have a big piece of yule log tomorrow?
    Just been to the shops for some last minute food for tomorrow.
    Couldn't find any cocktail blinis, so I'm blooming well making them myself. (stupid face!! )
    Bought too many heavy things and took ages to walk home. Uuurgh!
    Anyway, lidls have exercise balls for £5.99 if anyone is interested. For a bit pre-birth bouncing.
    Typical, I bought a more expensive one from Amazon and haven't even inflated it yet. Doh!
    finally, got my bedroom carpet installed. Now slowly moving the furniture back in. So much stuuuuff!
    Need to clear out.
    Anyone got a baby swing? Opinions please?
    Have a good day tomorrow.
    Merry Christmas. :0)

Offline Londonwriter

modify
    « Reply #149 on: 24/12/19, 15:48 »
    Happy Xmas, both of you ^stocking^

The front room is finished, but still full of decorating bits and bobs. Our decorator, Paul, just needs to finish off the rooms, do the snagging and put up the wallpaper in the hall now.

Might sound strange, but I've now no taste for sugar at all. The sweetest thing I can stand eating is strawberries. My mother-in-law has bought us an ice cream maker for Xmas, however, so I'm going to use it to make sweetener-free ice cream.

I sympathise with the 'carrying too many things'. I carried a rucksack containing a yule log I bought for my mum plus three lampshades for about two hours yesterday - it was a real nuisance for my hips.

No baby swing, sorry :(

I had my 32 week scan and Grape is now down at the 65% percentile or so. Stomach is still slightly bigger and - in general - he's on the larger size, but he's not gigantic. His fluid, blood flow, etc. was also fine. I think I was the last scan of Xmas Eve, as the sonographer was putting on her coat afterwards, so I'm glad that she got to give good news (and some 3D pictures) before the holidays.