* Author Topic: BFP Due Date - January/February 2020  (Read 15727 times)

0 Members

Offline whatonearth

modify
BFP Due Date - January/February 2020
« Reply #150 on: 24/12/19, 23:49 »
Hey all,
London that's great news about the scan. Sounds as if you are both healthy and doing really well.
Smaller size baby is a good sign for a less complicated delivery.
Maybe now your blood sugar is under control you just don't need anything sweet. Just keep that apple juice handy.
Do you mean you want to make sorbet with fruit in the icecream maker?
icecream hoovers up sugar, so even if you put in quite a bit, it still doesn't taste ultra sweet. Think its the cold.
I don't like very sweet food in general. Cant bear mince pies, they taste sickly sweet to me.
My DS is up with his dad tonight, so just made my blini for tomorrow and making space amongst the chaos of things so we can sit at the table and have nothing fall on us.
So good when the decorating is nearing the end.

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline Aggieblue

modify
    « Reply #151 on: 25/12/19, 18:16 »
    Merry christmas ladies!!

Londonwriter, that's great news on the scan! i'm sure you were relieved to hear that. was Grape heads down?

whatonearth, i have a swing but I haven't even tried it yet! i inflated my ball and do sometimes sit on it but i think mine is too big (got it from a tall friend) and I find sitting on it a lot of effort. I just slide off.  ;D
    the windows are in and i am so happy with them! they didn't make as big a difference in terms of noise as i hoped but definitely made a difference in temperature. it's just so nice in my bedroom now. hopefully my plants will appreciate, some were getting very sad looking.
    my christmas dinner wasn't all that christmassy, although i did roast some parsnip, potato and brussels sprouts, and i had vegan sausage swirls with it. these are all quite carb heavy but my sugar measured fine after all this. so I decided to get off the wagon for one small bannoffee pie, as a one off treat.
    i also bought lots of fancy vegan cheese to make a cheese board, but i think that's for tomorrow now, as i'm quite full. happy days! :)

i'm quit sure now that Pupo has moved, definitely can't feel his head below my ribs anymore, although don't think he is fully heads down. i can feel more pressure on my pelvis when i'm out walking and most of the movement is around my belly button and on the right side of my belly. i wish there was an easy way to know for sure.

Offline Londonwriter

modify
    « Reply #152 on: 26/12/19, 00:18 »
    WhatonEarth - Nope, Iím going to make ice cream with salt instead of sugar. It is literally that anything tastes sweet, and even 90% dark chocolate is now unbearably so. My tastebuds have got used to zero sugar.

AggieBlue - heís head down. Has been for a couple of weeks now. I can tell because heís kicking upwards like my DS.

My Xmas dinner was about as Christmassy as the dinner of someone who canít drink a skinny cappuccino without blood sugar spikes. I had a homemade fishcake, pak choi and broccoli. My DS, DH and mum had homemade fishcake, chocolate yule log and mince pies. The dog ate an entire Xmas natural treat hamper... and was still hungry. We managed to tidy the house a bit, which was an enormous relief, albeit not an especially festive one, and almost managed a game of toddler bingo before DS got bored (I bought him it for Xmas).

Offline whatonearth

modify
    « Reply #153 on: 26/12/19, 12:32 »
    Hey all,
    it's just we three, everyone else is just off doing something more interesting. :0))
    Aggie, you're just falling off things at the moment. I was laughing about the ball.
    are you due a 34 week scan, so you can check out where pup's head is?
    Did you have any work to do yesterday?
    I think things will be a lot more fun next Christmas.
    goos about the windows and feeling a bit more cosy.
    London I'm trying to imagine what toddler bingo would be? Does it have pictures instead of numbers?
    Hopefully, you will have a bit more choice for your Christmas menu next year when DS and grapey are both sitting at the table.
    My Christmas was a bit tense at the start. I was worrying about having my ex here, but he was feeling too ill yesterday to come over (phew) .
    My mum is trying to make my head explode. She was supposed to buy a chicken, Christmas pudding and cream. Never again. She went out to get them on Christmas eve (had days before that) she claimed there were no Christmas puddings, but she had some sainsburys chocolate chip cookies that we could have instead (sad face). Apparently all Christmas puddings had been recalled? Ok mum, that hasn't made the papers.
    Luckily my DS and ex were out shopping and bought a emergency (lovely) Christmas pudding.
    On Christmas morning my mum went awol, turned up, then lost the chicken, but found it, eventually? Forgot to bring the cream for the pudding (improvised custard).
    Next year Im ordering everything in advance. Cant cope with the excitement.
    My mum is being tested soon for dementia, although she refuses to acknowledge that as a possibility.
    Oh and we played the worst board game ever, nobody knew what they were doing and the rules were hilariously confusing. We gave up halfway through and watched Mary Poppins (the new one, very cute and retro).
    What are you guys up to today?

Offline Londonwriter

modify
    « Reply #154 on: 26/12/19, 13:50 »
    London I'm trying to imagine what toddler bingo would be? Does it have pictures instead of numbers?

Yes, pictures instead of numbers, and tiles that come out of a plastic dispenser. Players have Ďbingoí cards with pictures and the idea is that, if your card shows the same as the tiles, you shout to get the tiles.

The dispenser is basically a toy and we were trying to get our DS to dispense tiles, tell us what was on the tiles, and then post unused tiles back into the dispenser. Unfortunately, our DS didnít entirely get the idea so, instead of telling us what was on the tiles, he just wandered around, putting tiles onto our bingo cards.

My mum is trying to make my head explode. She was supposed to buy a chicken, Christmas pudding and cream. Never again. She went out to get them on Christmas eve (had days before that) she claimed there were no Christmas puddings, but she had some sainsburys chocolate chip cookies that we could have instead (sad face). Apparently all Christmas puddings had been recalled? Ok mum, that hasn't made the papers.
    Luckily my DS and ex were out shopping and bought a emergency (lovely) Christmas pudding.
    On Christmas morning my mum went awol, turned up, then lost the chicken, but found it, eventually? Forgot to bring the cream for the pudding (improvised custard).
    Next year Im ordering everything in advance. Cant cope with the excitement.
    My mum is being tested soon for dementia, although she refuses to acknowledge that as a possibility.
    Oh and we played the worst board game ever, nobody knew what they were doing and the rules were hilariously confusing. 

Sorry about your mum :( My dad died of dementia a few years ago :( All that said, the general chaos sounds very much like our household where no one - to our knowledge - has dementia. We have a drinks coaster that reads ďWe may not have it all together, but together we have it allĒ, which sums up our family perfectly  ::)

Do you know what the board game was called? We have around 300 board games at home!

Sadly, today I was back working - writing a 700-1,000 word article as Iíve around 5,000-6,000 words of copy to write before 6th January. Tomorrow Iíve got to do two phone interviews plus another 700-1,000 word article to write. Luckily, it took me only a couple of hours to write todayís article, but Iím doing a bunch of house organisation and tidying on top of that.

Offline Aggieblue

modify
    « Reply #155 on: 27/12/19, 10:41 »
    i literally didn't get out of my PJs yesterday. but also back at work today - still from home though! but i will need to leave the house at some point, bit of a cabin fever  ;D

i'm sorry to hear about your mum whatonearth and about your dad Londonwriter. Dementia is awful. I found your description of your family christmas quite comical up to that point, whatonearth! i guess there are advantages spending christmas away from family, although I missed them a lot and looking forward to spending it with them next year.

Londonwriter, I know that game, I often tried to play if with my nephews/niece. but I think by the time they get how it works they are too old to play it  ;D

i don't get a scan at 34 weeks, only at 36, when it's pretty much too late for baby to turn. I'm keen to try the acupuncture that is recommended for turning the baby, but not sure if he's already turned, will it turn him back? i do have a midwife appointment next week though so we see what she says.

Offline whatonearth

modify
    « Reply #156 on: 27/12/19, 17:15 »
    Hey all,
    London, you sound busy. I hope the writing is flowing and you are getting a bit of peace to get it finished.
    Your DS sounds so funny, putting the cards on for every one #missedthepoint :0))
    Sounds like my mum, she was so confused by that harry potter game that she kept rolling the dice When all else fails!
    Aggie, I was in jammies yesteday and, despite going to the midwife this morning, am now sitting in bed again.
    My midwife is adorable, she is probably late twenties and does quite a lot of travelling. She is a lot less dramatic than the consultants. Just calm and smiley.
    I was actually measuring the correct size today, remarkable.
    Speaking of measurements, you could always go private for a cheeky 34 week scan?
    I bet pups has turned anyway. They can turn right up to the last minute. My friend's son turned during labour. Ratbag - his poor mother. :0)
    The midwife reckoned my girl is still head down and quite low and still curled to the right.
    Where are you feeling the kicks now?

Offline Aggieblue

modify
    « Reply #157 on: 29/12/19, 19:20 »
    i really don't know, i think kicks are more above the belly button now but i definitely feel some movements in my pelvis too. can't find the head, it's definitely not where it was above my belly button. i'm not very good at this belly mapping thing, scared to push hard! there were a lot of movements last night but who knows what he's up to!  ;D
    yes maybe a quick cheeky scan might help, at least i would know if i need to continue with hanging upside down.

your midwife sounds nice, do you always see the same one? i am yet to see the same one twice. always different.

hope everyone enjoyed this lovely sunny day!

an hour after writing the above, i am laying on my left side watching a film and all the kicks now are both over and under the belly button. he can just reach everywhere! argghhh

Offline Londonwriter

modify
    « Reply #158 on: 30/12/19, 08:52 »
    Londonwriter, I know that game, I often tried to play if with my nephews/niece. but I think by the time they get how it works they are too old to play it  ;D

Zingo, right?

That's just depressing...  :-[ We've tried a bunch of games with DS, including My First Orchard, My First Animal Upon Animal (a stacking game) and even Snakes & Ladders, and either he's too young or not interested in board games. I'm suspecting too young because he's obsessed with computer puzzle games - he has a game that can be best described as 'advanced shape sorting' (Busy Shapes 2) that he spends hours playing cooperatively with my mum. It's obviously aimed at older children, but he's  absolutely determined to crack it and keeps repeating the same levels over and over again.

Offline Aggieblue

modify
    « Reply #159 on: 3/01/20, 16:46 »
    happy new year! hope every is doing well.

i had my 34 weeks midwife appointment yesterday and baby is now - apparently - heads down. i will only be sure after my 36 weeks scan, i know midwives can get it wrong. it was the worst midwife appointment i had so far, i do see different ones each time and this lady just didn't seem to care much, didn't ask how i was, didn't even check my urine, didn't give me a chance to ask questions.

i was a bit worried as i (TMI warning!) had some extra discharge yesterday that I thought may be amniotic fluid leaking but she ushered me out of her room before i got a chance to raise it with her. so bad. anyway, no sign of leaking today so I imagine it was just that, extra discharge.

i only have 2 weeks left in the office. didn't bother to go in yesterday or today so monday will be a shock to the system! but not long now at least :)