* Author Topic: BFP Due Date - January/February 2020  (Read 13489 times)

0 Members

Offline whatonearth

modify
BFP Due Date - January/February 2020
« Reply #160 on: 4/01/20, 14:38 »
Hi all,
Aggie, that sounds rubbish. I know midwives can be under pressure, but she sounds borderline incompetent. She should definitely have checked urine:basic. I have had a couple of midwives and they have always sent me off with a specimen tube. I hope she did blood pressure.
There should be a number for midwives in your folder, perhaps you could call them for a chat and to ask for another appointment to have the proper tests taken and ease your mind about the fluid?
I have had watery discharge sometimes too, itís not uncommon, but I remember amniotic fluid being fairly definitive: I knew what it was, and there was quite a bit.
Still you could get it checked by the midwives, if you have concerns?
Alternatively, there is always triage at your birth hospital. I have had two bleeds in the past few weeks, due to polyps and just went straight in. They were very helpful.
I had to go in on New Years day, at about 9pm, because of some fresh, pinkish bleeding.  Even though I suspected a polyp, they got me in and checked my blood pressure, urine and put me on a baby heartbeat monitor.  They did an internal and then tried to persuade me to be admitted, but I had my son at home and I thought they were being over-cautious so discharged myself, but they were very keen that I had rest for the next couple of days. Guess what, I have barely moved since. Exhausted.
I was supposed to have gone to work on Friday, but I knew it would be a super heavy day with loads of standing, so I phoned on and explained that I had been advised to keep my feet up.
The internal exam actuallyI  caused further bleeding and cramping, soI was feeling quite apprehensive about work. Just not worth the risk.
When is your finish date?
I think mine is Jan 22nd - is that a Friday?
London I donít enjoy board games much and those I tried with DS when he was two or three were too complicated for him. I love jigsaws, so we did loads of those and playdoh (which he ate) and played matching/pairs games. He had a much better recall than me. 
How are you getting on with the house? Still trundling along?
Is the blood sugar monitoring going ok?
Iím in the middle of moving DS from one school to another, so heís a basket case at the moment. He will be fine, but his dad preferred the previous school, so I anticipate conflict when I confirm the move.

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline Londonwriter

modify
    « Reply #161 on: 4/01/20, 17:14 »
    Aggie - your midwife should have definitely checked your urine, especially with GD  :( I also had a hospital visit with watery discharge. There was loads of it... I mean, loads, and I thought it might be my waters breaking because I had PROM at 41 weeks with DS, but was uber-casual about the whole situation (waters broke in middle of night, wasn't sure if it was my waters and ended up going to the hospital at 3pm that afternoon)!

Whatonearth. Sorry to hear about the bleeding. That must be pretty scary :( My 'finish date' is when I've finished my last client project, which should be hopefully next week or 17th at the latest. However, I'm still busy - I'm currently auctioning 135 board games (!) and responding to lots of queries about card sleeves, shipping costs to Iceland, etc. I'm also signed up to do a five-day sci-fi short story writing course online at the end of January - I've had a couple of short stories professionally published and am doing the course to find new markets and speed my writing up.

My DS also loves Play Doh. He doesn't eat it, but he sometimes shoves it in his mouth to wind me up and then laughs about it. He is a complete internet-troll-in-training - I need to buy him a bridge to sit under ;D

Decorating is nearly finished - our decorator is doing minor tasks like wooden beading, changing white plastic light switches to brass, and replacing door handles. The house is still in chaos but, increasingly, that's to do with the huge pile of board games (which came out of the spare room, but can't go back there because it's been furnished for the new baby).

Offline S_Lauren24

modify
    « Reply #162 on: 6/01/20, 12:21 »
    Hello ladies,

I have been very awful at keeping up to date on here. I hope you are all well and you all had a lovely Christmas and New Year.
    My new year's was very eventful as I'm happy to announce our baby boy made his appearance new year's eve at 2.10pm via an emergency c section.
    It's all now fun and games looking after the little one, he's such a gorgeous boy but loves to sleep in the day and stay awake all night.

Offline Aggieblue

modify
    « Reply #163 on: 6/01/20, 16:36 »
    oh wow, Lauren, congratulations! I hope the emergency c-section wasn't too traumatic. If you get a chance, let us know what happened? what did you name him? So happy for you!

London, what did they say in the end the watery discharge was? mine stopped thankfully, it was just that day and it wasn't much at all. so I'm not too worried about it now. my next appointment is next week (it gets more frequent now) so I'm hoping it's not the same midwife this time. I will definitely ask for another one if it is.
    how does someone end up with hundreds of board games? are there any repetitions or is it all different?

whatonearth, sorry to hear about the bleeds, that must be stressful. glad to hear everything is fine, regardless. the fluid was definitely not much at all and it didn't continue the next day so I'm sure it's ok. my last day officially is the 17th but it looks like my last day in the office will be the 15th. I have a midwife appointment on the 16th and then 17th is a friday so not much point coming in.  really can't wait! so close!

i have my baby shower as well this sunday so that's something to look forward to. plus going to a baby first aid course this evening - not sure how i'm going to stay awake! first day back in the office in ages and i'm training the new me, it's exhausting!

Offline Londonwriter

modify
    « Reply #164 on: 6/01/20, 20:23 »
    Lauren - congratulations!  ^hugme^

AggieBlue - it was just normal vaginal discharge. Apparently it can increase a lot in pregnancy with hormonal changes. No idea why it suddenly increased, but it flooded for about a week and then it went away.

The board games are all different. Theyíre hobby board games - like Settlers of Catan, which you may have heard of because Mark Zuckerberg famously played it with candidates for management jobs at social media (!!). Itís become a pretty popular niche hobby - there are several board game cafes in London now (one under the arches at Waterloo station) and a club that meets in pubs around the City six days a week.

Offline Aggieblue

modify
    « Reply #165 on: 9/01/20, 18:45 »
    Hi all,

sorry i've gone very quiet here, this week's work is quite intense with the handover. it's more like training actually, the new me definitely upsold herself on the interview! but we'll get there. I'm only working short days now, get in around 10.30 and leave around 4, much more bearable.

London, I did play Catan actually, although wasn't aware of the Zuckerberg connection!  ;D i do love a bit of boardgame although nowhere as near as you!

i am feeling month 9 now, i am due exactly in a month and feeling much hungrier (finally!) but also much hotter and more tired. i'm also craving again a lot more crap food and sugar (which i'm obviously not eating! although i did find an oatbar in aldi that only has sweetener and 15g of protein, so will need to buy more of those!). bit of the first trimester coming back!  ^eyes^

Offline whatonearth

modify
    « Reply #166 on: 13/01/20, 14:41 »
    Hi all,
    Lauren, wow, congratulations! How lovely. How are you feeling? Exhausted? So all just happened on its own then? Was the labour OK?
    Aggie I hear you. I have definitely been craving more sweet things than normal. Obviously, over Christmas I had quite a few treats, but kind of unavoidable to be honest.
    London are you feeling ok? Still doing all the cardio, or are you cutting back now you have the blood sugar under control.
    I'm now in for a growth scan and fetal monitoring. This clinic is running about an hour behind, so been here for hours. Everything still good. Except, stupidly made a kidney bean curry last night and really suffering from the spices. Might be freezing the rest for after I give birth. Will be great to eat normally again. Can't wait

Offline Londonwriter

modify
    « Reply #167 on: 13/01/20, 16:51 »
    London are you feeling ok? Still doing all the cardio, or are you cutting back now you have the blood sugar under control.

Still doing the cardio when I can (my usual gym classes are booked up weeks ahead due to New Year Resolutioners  ^bigbad^). Just makes me feel healthier, really :)

Blood sugar not amazingly under control because it's a moving target TBH. Insulin resistance ramps up until you're about to deliver - so I've had to almost double my insulin dose in the last week, and I'm now getting periodic hypos again. Oh well...

My decorator is almost finished, but the house is still upside-down because there were so many rooms being decorated at the same time. My part-time nanny left to get a full-time job last week, and my mum and mother-in-law are now helping with my DS while I try to sort things out (my DS likes to 'help' mummy tidy up, but he isn't especially 'helpful'!). I've still got 140 board games in my back room, plus packing boxes, and - although I'm kind-of on maternity leave - administering the sale is pretty-much a full-time job at the moment. I have a fresh respect for people who run online stores because the amount of messing around with packing, shipping, payment and order queries is huge - and that's excluding the epic nerd rage that results when some 30-something male loses out on a plastic model that he thought was his...  ::)

Not content with dealing with all of that, I've booked to sneak in an online writing course in a fortnight - while I'm not working - and I'm speaking to architects about the next stage in our epic house renovation... I had a guy come last week who wanted to smash up our gorgeous conservatory to add a huge glass box extension, which was not a happy moment  ^bigbad^

Offline whatonearth

modify
    « Reply #168 on: 13/01/20, 19:53 »
    Hi all,
    London,Iím impressed that your DS shows any interest in tidying, even if it isn't conventional. Does he hide your stuff?
    It is lovely to get a work out isnt it. I run out of time to do anything.
    Are you sleeping OK?
    Iím not getting enough sleep, waking up at 3. Rubbish.
    I dont know if a box extension would be ideal for your victorian building? It can look amazing to have a modern extension if itís done sympathetically.
    What sort of thing are you after?

Offline Aggieblue

modify
    « Reply #169 on: 13/01/20, 21:55 »
    wow, London, you never stop!

whatonearth, when are you finishing work?

I only have a few days left... bliss! had my 36 weeks scan this morning and all is well, baby is heads down and all measurements are right in the middle, a very average sizes baby! so i'm all set for a natural birth, hopefully, unless he's late. don't think they let you go past 40 weeks with diabetes, even if it's diet controlled. I've been a bit bad in terms of measuring, ran out of test strips almost a week ago and my new GP surgery is not the easiest to deal with, so only got new prescription today.

i've got my birth plan ready now, seeing the midwife on thursday and meeting with my doula again on friday. still can't believe it's all over soon and i will have a baby in my arms!