* Author Topic: BFP Due Date - January/February 2020  (Read 13487 times)

0 Members

Offline Londonwriter

modify
BFP Due Date - January/February 2020
« Reply #170 on: 14/01/20, 00:21 »
Hi all,
London,Iím impressed that your DS shows any interest in tidying, even if it isn't conventional. Does he hide your stuff?

Nope. He puts it in the recycling bin...   ::)

I'm sleeping fine except when I hypo, which was infrequent, but has become more frequent again because my insulin requirements have gone up.

I dont know if a box extension would be ideal for your victorian building? It can look amazing to have a modern extension if itís done sympathetically.
What sort of thing are you after?

An extra floor to our house, but we don't know if we can raise the money for that... (!!!!!!). Mostly the house is very narrow and thin. A previous owner has shoved half the kitchen into a side return extension, which also contains a roofed outside toilet that blocks all views of the garden and means the other half of the kitchen needs artificial lighting - even in mid-summer. There isn't really anywhere to build except by demolishing an original conservatory (i.e. 140 years old) and knocking through the adjoining room, which is my office, and the nicest room in the house. Even that won't help much because the house is so narrow and thin that adding extra space onto the back makes the middle of the house even darker than it already is, and we're backing on a cliff so it takes you perilously close to a sheer drop.

We spoke to the architect who redid my sister-in-law's kitchen and he very visibly loved the view over the cliff, and wanted to chop off the entire back of the house and turn it into solid glass - to get more light into the house and maximise cliff views. Trouble is, he'd be destroying two years of painstaking decorating and renovation work, removing half of the most beautiful room in the house, and the 140-year-old conservatory... and I don't really want the entire back of the house to be glass. He also kept  asking if we wanted anything doing on the top floor in the new baby's room, and I was going "No, I want you to find a solution to our c***y kitchen, which contains a gigantic toilet and has a sink in a different room from the cooker."

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline Aggieblue

modify
    « Reply #171 on: 17/01/20, 18:43 »
    very quiet here! how is everyone?

everything's looking good here. on my 36 weeks midwife appointment we went through a vague birth plan. due to my diabetes they will induce me at 40+4 but hopefully it won't come to that. Pupo is quite low (although that's not new) so he might free himself before that anyway.

other good news is that my settled status was finally confirmed so I don't have to worry about my boy's nationality anymore. such a relief!

finished work today, feeling great!  ^banana^

Offline whatonearth

modify
    « Reply #172 on: 17/01/20, 23:53 »
    Hi all,
    Wow Aggie. No more work. Cool! Have you come from another country in the EU, is that what the settled status is? Sounds stressful, Iím glad you have got that resolved. Rubbish that you had to apply on the  first place. Congratulations though. One less thing to worry about.
    How are you feeling? Getting any sleep?
    So what kind of thing did you put on your birth plan?
    I need to get my birth plan organised. Apparently, my midwife will go over it at my next appointment, but I need to get started.
    It was easier last time, I didn't rule out anything except morphine. Now I feel more pressure to avoid intervention, but I am also scared that I wonít cope this time.
    How are you managing the diabetes? Be good to put all that behind you wont it, eat normal food and not have heartburn or feel full after half an apple.

London how do you cope with hypos? I remember my ex used to be pretty spaced out when his blood sugar was low.
    Your house sounds quite challenging in terms of layout. Could you knock down any walls, to achieve your dream house?
    My flat is on the dark side too (not in a Star Wars way) but I am resigned to this fact. It has many redeeming features.
    Isnít this your last day of work too?
    Have you done your birth plan?

Lauren how are you getting on? Are you managing to leave the house, or get any sleep?

Do you guys have hospital bags yet?
    I don't have one, but my friends are nagging me to get organised.
    Ooo, had a little baby shower at a local cafe, lots of cake and tea. Was very nice, only 8 people, including me, but I got lots of bits and pieces, that I now, don't need to buy. Yay!
    I finish on the 24th which is one day before I hit 37 weeks.  Cant wait, I have elephant feet from standing around at work!!
    Im having to apply to take my ex partner to court at the moment, so that my DS can go to his choice of school. I really donít need this right now, but has to be done. My ex is refusing to listen to us, so somebody needs to intervene.

Offline Londonwriter

modify
    « Reply #173 on: 18/01/20, 09:01 »
    AggieBlue - Sorry about the settled status - glad you've got it :) Really frustrating for everyone that you've had to apply  :'( Nice to know that they'll induce at 40+4 (not 38 weeks), although I know you're having no trouble being diet controlled :)

Whatonearth - I'm 'lucky' in that I don't get spaced out with hypos - at least, down to the levels I've been having them. I just start sweating profusely, my hands start shaking, and my eyesight goes dark at the edges.

It can be quite funny actually (in a manner of speaking) as I can hypo, and know, and can carry on as normal for a little bit. Yesterday, for example, my blood sugar was 6.3 when I left home (I'd just eaten) to go to fitness rebounding, but I was having problems with my muscle glycogen stores eating all my glucose, so was aware I could hypo during the 45-minute class. Anyhow, we had a new instructor and, after the class, she complimented me on my bad attitude and on the fact I look non-pregnant, but with this small, neat bump. I pointed out that it wasn't anything to do with my fitness routine, because I didn't look like that in my last pregnancy (I had huge boobs and hips), it was because I have GD so the little guy is taking all the sugar. Apparently, she has a family history of GD, so we were chatting about the experience of other people in her family and how they could look totally spaced out when hypoing. I said, "Oh, well, I don't get that. I just sweat profusely" and then noticed... I was sweating profusely. So, when I left the gym (via the stairs), I sat down outside and took a blood sugar reading. It was... 2.0.

Anyhow, I ate a sour watermelon sweet and then walked to a nearby coffee shop where, still shaking and sweating, I ordered a decaf skinny mocha. I drank that while walking back up the hill to my house. By the time I got home, my blood sugar was a more respectable 4.3.

My parents-in-law think I'm overly casual about the hypos, but it appears that GD - with being a Type II mechanism - works differently than Type I diabetes, and I have both more stable sugars and my hypos are slower. Presumably because my pancreas is still doing a certain amount of work. Either way, I'm going to fit one of the continuous blood glucose sensors (Freestyle Libre) my sister-in-law gave me this weekend because the 'dramatic hypos after exercise' business is really annoying. On Thursday, for example, I had to cycle 2 hours to my mother-in-law's house and then another hour to the trike shop to service my trike. My mother-in-law was worried about a hypo and suggested I under-inject before setting off for the second trike ride. Blood sugar went up to 9.0, I started cycling... an hour later, it was 5.0... I'd dropped 4 points in 60 minutes of moderate exercise. Nothing I can do about drops like that except stopping the trike to test.

I can knock down a wall between the side-return extension and back room, but I'd lose my office and a really nice fireplace :(

I sort-of finished my last client project on Friday, but am currently selling 140 board games and about to take a study-along course in creative writing... so I'm not doing paid work anymore, but I'm still 'working' full-time.  No birth plan made. Nothing discussed with consultant. And haven't remotely prepared for the birth, as a result. My last attempt at a hospital bag was done on the day of the birth, which probably explains why I'm so casual - I thought my waters broke in the night so the next day I went into hospital, realised I'd have to be admitted to be induced, went again home on the tube, packed a bag, and then tubed it back to the hospital. Anyhow, I know rationally that I won't have the same birth as last time, I'm due to have a 36-week scan on Tuesday and have a meeting with the consultant afterwards so, hopefully, things will become clearer then.

Offline Aggieblue

modify
    « Reply #174 on: 22/01/20, 20:47 »
    Hi ladies, i've been in bed with an awful cold, just about recovered now. what a way to start maternity leave!

whatonearth, yes i'm from Hungary although haven't lived there for 15 years. I was only worried about my settled status as it grants citizenship to my son. Without it, he wouldn't be a british citizen. so i was a bit stressed about not getting it on time, but luckily all sorted now. :)
    my sleep is a bit all over the place, i had a few good days with good sleep but then last night was just awful, couldn't settle at all.
    regarding birth plans, there are a lot of templates online, they're easy to use, you don't have to start from scratch.
    diabetes is still managed well by my diet, but really can't wait to be over and done with it now! i am getting really bored of my food, hard to have the variety without more carbs.
    you really should get your hospital bag organised! i have one ready although it's not 100% ready. still need to get a few things. hopefully baby boy is not in a hurry to get out and i have time to fully pack.
    sorry to hear about the issues with the ex, how frustrating and really not what you need right now! hope it goes smooth...

London, sorry to hear you're still having so much trouble with the sugar levels. i hope it gets easier after pregnancy!
    how did your scan go and what did the consultant say?

AFM, not much to report, enjoying mat leave and started washing all baby clothes etc. hope i finish all that this week so i can make more use of some free time next week.

Offline Londonwriter

modify
    « Reply #175 on: 23/01/20, 10:47 »
    Hi ladies, i've been in bed with an awful cold, just about recovered now. what a way to start maternity leave!

Sorry to hear about the cold  ^eyes^

London, sorry to hear you're still having so much trouble with the sugar levels. i hope it gets easier after pregnancy!
    how did your scan go and what did the consultant say?

The sugar levels aren't *exactly* a problem. I think it's standard for trying to manage insulin-controlled diabetes if you do a lot of exercise. It certainly doesn't seem to be harming the little one - he had no sign of any diabetes-related complications, is in proportion and within the normal range of measurements. He is still a big sturdy lad (86% percentile, predicted 8lb 13oz), but he's been that way all along. His brother was 8lb 5oz and, apparently, second children are often bigger than a first.

The consultant was happy with the scan and is seeing me next week. I think he's taking an attitude of 'wait and see'.

Offline Aggieblue

modify
    « Reply #176 on: 24/01/20, 16:16 »
    that's definitely the most important, that baby is fine!

i had my doula over this morning. she wasn't so happy with the induction plan at 40+4 but I think i'm happy to have a 'latest' date. it is quite generous compared to other hospitals so I am not bothered. obviously hope things get started naturally but what will be will be!

Offline Aggieblue

modify
    « Reply #177 on: 27/01/20, 17:24 »
    Fun day... started the week at my triage, after not being happy with little one's movements overnight and this morning. He did move but just wasn't his usual self, his movements were much softer and slower.
    he refused to move even while on the monitor so the midwives made me drink a lot of water to wake him up. Luckily it worked and he started kicking the monitor off. :)
    Talked to the consultant afterwards, who said if i have 1 or 2 more of these episodes, they would suggest induction, just to be on the safe side. He was nice though, did ask how I felt about it and understood I would prefer a natural start. So we left it at that and can come back to it again if it happens again.

I'm 38 weeks today so baby is fully cooked.  ^Heart^

Offline Aggieblue

modify
    « Reply #178 on: 3/02/20, 14:55 »
    where did everyone disappear? hope you're all doing well x

otherwise I'm just talking to myself... 39 weeks today, my due date is this Sunday. haven't noticed any changes yet, apart from really waddling now. i had a busy week last week trying to squeeze in last minute lunches with friends etc but taking it easy this week, trying to get in the zone, and hoping the labour will start naturally soon! i'm ready :)

Offline Londonwriter

modify
    « Reply #179 on: 3/02/20, 16:35 »
    Sorry, no one else was responding so I thought everyone else had disappeared  :-[

I had a chat to my consultant about a week ago and he said normally they induce insulin-controlled diabetes at 38 weeks but, as I was using insulin to keep tighter control than I could otherwise (my blood sugar mostly ranges between 4.2 and 6.5), he was happy to go to 39 weeks provided I had heart traces at the hospital between weeks 38 and 39.

I agreed to go with that plan, as Grape is due to be 8lb 13oz at 40 weeks and, with the shoulder dystocia, that's probably asking for trouble. I did think the idea that my placenta aged faster because when I had tightly-controlled GD was a bit daft. I can see there's a link between TNFa, placental aging/vascular issues, and GD, but I had the vascular/TNFa issues in my last pregnancy too and that dragged on until the bitter end.

Otherwise, it's still really manic. Did a study-along SF course last week and this week am desperately trying to ship out 140 board games. I still have to start colostrum harvesting, tidy our bedroom, and pack my hospital bag. Am still exercising. I had a bad cold last week, couldn't get to my exercise classes, and after a couple of days had awful pregnancy symptoms (swollen ankles, hip pain, insomnia, etc.), so was really relieved when I got to my cardio-weights class on Saturday - I just felt a lot healthier with more energy. With that in mind, I'm going to Zumba this evening...

It is pretty funny that I'm squatting 25kg weights for 100 reps at 38 weeks pregnant and am due to be induced next week due to poor health. Guess it shows that health and fitness aren't as well correlated as people'd like to believe....