* Author Topic: BFP Due Date - January/February 2020  (Read 13488 times)

0 Members

Offline whatonearth

modify
BFP Due Date - January/February 2020
« Reply #180 on: 3/02/20, 21:36 »
Hi all,
Bit of a
Sorry been a bit busy...giving birth! Really.
My consultants got very agitated at my scans, as they seemed to be all over the place. The last scan showed a drop of 25 centiles on the abdominal cavity measurement. Because I was high risk, clotting disorder and age they pushed for han early induction to avoid stillbirth. I was starting to panic a bit, although the fetal doppler and heartbeat were both good and I was fine health wise.
So I went in and had my waters broken - nothing. Then a pitocin drip and my lovely girl was born 36 +6 weighing 6lbs 1oz about three hours later.
 Was pretty intense, had gas and air in active labour and a small cut but she didn't need any help out and latched on straight away.
She is absolutely gorgeous, Im so taken her, shes hilarious, tiny, with loads of dark hair and a button nose and makes hysterical faces at me whenver she is awake.
Because she wasnt 37 weeks we were kept in for a few days as a matter of routine. I was not packed for that! However, she was monitored and it probably saved us being readmitted as she had/has jaundice, although she is pretty alert/feeding.
So basically, I gave birth before even starting maternity leave, so saved some money there :0) Finally my luck has changed.
In some ways I wish I had pushed to keep her in longer, but I was getting fed up with pregnancy and can't deny that I am glad it is over.
I cant believe how great I feel to be normal again, eat what I want, in normal quantities, put on my socks without falling over, wear normal clothes (well, breastfeeding tops). You are going to love it.
Better get some sleep, will be up several times tonight, so better turn off the light.
Hope you are both well. Not long now....

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline Londonwriter

modify
    « Reply #181 on: 4/02/20, 04:04 »
    Awwwww, WhatonEarth - congratulations!  :) That sounds a really easy labour (speaking as the shoulder dystocia lady :) ), and a lovely little girl  ^Heart^

I'm still here... Due to have another scan this afternoon. I did Zumba last night, which was great fun, although - when the instructor found out I was due to be induced next week - she joked that her insurance didn't cover me going into labour :) She also kept saying how much my bump had popped in the last few weeks and I was like "Well, I hope not because the little guy was already huge a fortnight ago" ;D

He is a heavy little fellow, and I'll be glad when someone else can carry him while I'm at a class...  :) (although I did basically carry DS constantly for nearly two years)  ::)

Offline whatonearth

modify
    « Reply #182 on: 4/02/20, 11:04 »
    Thank you London,
    Ive never been to Zumba, sounds like fun. He'll be a rhythmic boy.
    my friend has the chassis to my pram, so I've been slinging all day, every where.
    Returned a pile of gifts - pink, clothes - to Tesco yesterday Too big and too pink! Noone will ever know. She's not keen on sleeping anywhere other than the sling, but trying to persuade her to sleep on my bed in a pillow fort - might smell familiar.
    i do feel the carrying in my back sometimes, my tummy is still recovering from the previous occupant.
    Breast feeding and pumping has been amazing for shrinking the uterus back really fast though.
    My cat is deeply suspicious and runs away from the 'waahs'. Ds loves her and has been helping to hold her when I needed help/to have a bath etc...
    I didn't get the decorating finished, oh well! Mostly, done. Thought I would have time in mat leave!
    How is your DS? Do you think he will be enthusiastic when he gets a brother (not a sister)?
    Aggie, how are you getting on?
    Are you enjoying mat leave? (Tell me what it's like! :o))

Offline Aggieblue

modify
    « Reply #183 on: 4/02/20, 11:28 »
    whatonearth, that is amazing news! congratulations, your little girl sounds dreamy! you make it sound all so easy. :)  what did you name her?
    i am indeed enjoying maternity leave, it's been nice to have time off and not have to think of anything else but what's imminently coming  ;D seen friends, went for long walks, slept in late, went to yoga classes and did a lot of last minute shopping. it's been a bliss!
    now i'm trying to get labour going so i don't have to go through induction.

Londonwriter, whooo we're both getting induced next week then! which day are you going in? hope you manage to send those board games out before!

Offline Londonwriter

modify
    « Reply #184 on: 4/02/20, 12:37 »
    WhatonEarth - he's so not going to be a rhythmic boy :) Everyone at Zumba jokes that Grape will come out dancing, but I also did Zumba with my DS and he looks at me like I'm crazy if I dance in the house! DS now has got the idea that he's getting a little brother, and that his little brother is inside mummy at the moment. He puts his hand on me and says "Can we get him out?"

Aggieblue - I'm due in on Wednesday. Also trying to get labour going to avoid induction - I'm supposed to be expressing colostrum (which can apparently start labour) and, yeah, I'm doing 'eviction dancing' :) I doubt it'll make any difference. I was overdue with DS and I did everything - walking up hills fast, dancing, power pump... My waters broke and labour *still* didn't start.

Offline whatonearth

modify
    « Reply #185 on: 4/02/20, 21:13 »
    Hey ladies,
    Ooooo, how exciting, next week!!
    I read that starflower/borage oil is very high in prostaglandins, as in the hormone that prepares the cervix for labour. I bought some capsules, but didn't have a chance to use them.
    You can take them orally or use them internally as a pessary, or use the oil to prepare the perineum for stretching with massage.
    Aggie, that mat leave sounds like heaven. That's almost exactly what I had planned. Oh well.
    I'm calling her Dora or hicky (she gets hiccups a lot) or piggy, she makes a piggy noise when she is hungry. Just started doing it a few days ago. 'Ooo,, new noise!' She's so funny.
    I hope you get a natural start Aggie, London and I probably had/will have a bit of a short first stage because of the physical changes from a previous labour.
    The first stage took a while with my DS as it was my first time, but I was at home and it was ok, quite doable, chilled, with the bath and a couple of dihydracodeine.
    What does your doula suggest?
    It sounds like you are in good hands. Just do your breathing, that was all I remembered this time.
    All the hypo visualisations were gone, just the breathing remained.
    I was upright or on the ball for ages too, that seemed to move things quite well.
    London your DS sounds so adorable. What have you got planned childcare wise for your birth?

Offline Aggieblue

modify
    « Reply #186 on: 5/02/20, 16:01 »
    whatonearth, thanks for the suggestion, i never heard of those capsules, i will have a look. Dora, what a lovely name! you must be over the moon. so happy for you. :) 
    my doula suggested clary sage, raspberry leaf tea and colostrum harvesting. struggling with this latter, not being very successful at all. i kinda wish i could just get started now with at least pre-labour, but even my Braxton-Hicks quietened down, must be as I'm more relaxed. One night they kept me awake in bed and I thought things might have started but nope, nothing since.
    I do need to sit more on my ball it seems!

Londonwriter, how exciting about next week! I'm going in on Thursday so we will be really close. :) i think second babies come faster though, but not sure it means earlier too. fingers crossed! but as you've been super active during the pregnancy, baby must be very used to it.
    how cute about your DS! he'll make a great big brother!  :)
    did you manage to harvest any colostrum? i'm struggling with it.

Offline whatonearth

modify
    « Reply #187 on: 5/02/20, 22:52 »
    Hi all
    Aggie I find massaging the breast first and making very light kind of tickly movements with your fingers from the edge of the breast towards the nipple helps get things moving
    Apparently, nipple stimulation helps to produce oxytocin which can kick off labour. Worth a try.
    you can store the colostrum in the syringe and give it to your midwife at the labour suite, to go in the fridge.
    i didn't really have much time to do any of this, but did use the ball quite a bit. It feels so comfy.
    Righ,  I'm off to bed. Terrible night last night. Very tired. Zzz

Offline whatonearth

modify
    « Reply #188 on: 6/02/20, 18:51 »
    Hi all,
    how is it going with the colostrum Aggie. Such a fiddle.
    another all nighter here. Awake from 12 until 8am. I am a zombie.
    going to bed early tonight in preparation for the fun feeding session later.

Offline Aggieblue

modify
    « Reply #189 on: 6/02/20, 19:47 »
    oh whatonearth, that must be tough! i don't know how i'm going to cope with not sleeping. for some reason I have slept so well in the last week or so. obviously i do wake up 5-6 times to go to the toilet but it doesn't fully wake me up and i can go back to sleep easily. will miss it!

haven't tried more of the colostrum. i think i don't give it enough time, i massage boobs for a few minutes then i decide it's not working. it stresses me out and i don't want to feel stressed so i stop. probably not the best approach!

hope you get a bit of sleep tonight!