* Author Topic: BFP Due Date - January/February 2020  (Read 12638 times)

0 Members

Offline Lolawishes

• Un-Ranked
modify
BFP Due Date - January/February 2020
« Reply #20 on: 19/08/19, 20:06 »
Lauren, so happy to hear things are better. 
Trying not to worry as I know chances are everything is ok. But when u have waited for something for so long itís nearly too good to be true

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline S_Lauren24

modify
    « Reply #21 on: 19/08/19, 20:23 »
    Thank you :-)

I completely understand what you mean. The amount of stuff we go through to try and get this precious little thing and just when we think we are finally going to get what we have been after for so long they cause us more stress and worry. Be positive, sending big hugs your way :-)

Offline S_Lauren24

modify
    « Reply #22 on: 20/08/19, 17:39 »
    Apologies for the double post.

I had my 20 week scan today, I am 20+3 and our baby is measuring at 20+1 and they have said everything is looking as it should and there are no concerns for them. I'm so relieved everything is looking good and our baby is doing well in there. We also found out we are expecting a lovely little boy! They did say it's not always 100% but she also said she could see his boy bits throughout the scan so she is sure that he is indeed a boy.

I am feeling super relieved and excited and now I'm going to start researching bits and pieces I need to buy.

Offline Aggieblue

modify
    « Reply #23 on: 20/08/19, 19:04 »
    Hi everyone, i am not back from my holiday so catching up with all the posts!

S_Lauren, i'm glad to hear things are back to normal with your partner. it doesn't sound like you've done anything wrong, more like he's got some anger management issues! i mean, we all say stupid things we regret. i hope he's going to treat you as well as you deserve! :) also congratulations on your 20 weeks scan - such a relief, i imagine, to hear that everything is going well. and a little boy too  ^Heart^

Lolawishes, i'm sorry to hear about your bleeding scares. good to hear that the hematoma is now gone, i'm sure everything is fine in there! do you have any scans coming up? i'm with you about this limbo of no symptoms anymore but not looking pregnant yet. it's hard but try to remain calm, it's all good news actually and i'm sure the baby is fine :)

Londonwriter - how did your appointments go?

AFM - i am now 15 weeks, so i feel i deserve a scan next week :) my bump is still tiny and symptoms mostly gone. saying that, some food smell still makes me nauseous and i have the most vivid and surreal dreams ever. so i guess these are still symptoms!
    flying went ok, i knew i had to stay calm for my little boy and it helped a lot. it's mother instinct already, my duty was to be calm so i was! :) i must say i was really proud of myself. back to work tomorrow, which i'm not looking forward to after 2 weeks break!

Offline S_Lauren24

modify
    « Reply #24 on: 21/08/19, 21:15 »
    Aggie I hope you enjoyed your holiday and that work went well today. Always horrible going back after having time off. I've only had two days off this week and absolutely dreading going back in tomorrow, goodness knows what I'll be like going back in after my maternity leave!

Do you find its just certian smells making you nausesous? I can't stand eggs and bacon. My other half finds it very strange aswell that I can smell water from the tap. Well done with doing so well with your flights! You should be proud of yourself, you knew you had to be calm for your baby to keep him safe and you did just that so you should feel very proud.

There really isn't much for me to update on, I guess I'm just lurking because I have work to complete for my childcare level 5 and I'm avoiding it. I went shopping today and brought a couple of little outfits for our little boy. I don't know how or why but since we found out yesterday what we are expecting I have had this massive surge of love run through me and hen I was looking at the tiny baby outfits I just kept thinking about how I couldn't wait to have him my arms come January.

I hope everyone else is well  :)

Offline Aggieblue

modify
    « Reply #25 on: 22/08/19, 10:51 »
    Thanks for your nice words Lauren :)

yes it is certain smells, anything soupy or stewy, strangly, as i normally really like both!
    and i know what you mean about the surge of love, when i found out about my little boy i also straight away felt so different towards him. suddenly from a baby he became my son  ^Heart^ it's such a beautiful feeling!

lauren, what are you going to be, a teacher? or what does that prepare you for? sorry for my lack of knowledge!

AFM, being back at work is ok, i do love what i do and my job so that helps. i'm counting back the day until my next scan although i do feel quite confident that everything is progressing well. hopefully i'm right!

how is everyone else?

Offline Londonwriter

modify
    « Reply #26 on: 22/08/19, 12:00 »
    S_lauren - glad the 20 week scan went well and DP is responding better. I'm also having a little boy (I found out from the Panorama NIPT test a few weeks ago).

Lolawishes - glad the haematoma is gone.

Aggie - good you enjoyed your holiday and glad the return to work has been okay :)

The appointments were all pretty routine. Grape (the foetus) was wriggling around and my booking bloods were normal, which is unsurprising given the number of blood tests I've done. The IVIG was slightly more eventful as I think the infusion rate near the end was too high so I randomly threw up. I've subsequently had a couple of days of panic due to a completely OTT immune reaction to what appears to be a mild viral infection (probably the common cold). I've I had muscle pain, borderline fever, sweats with my body temperature going up and down like a yo-yo, insomnia and brain fog. I started panicking Grape was going to die because I was going into an immune flare triggered by the IVIG. I ended up calling the hospital to see if my booking bloods showed a raised white blood cell count, Dr Gorgy's clinic to check it wasn't the IVIG and then my consultant to ask how long I should take paracetamol before I panicked if it carried on flaring. It seems to be better this morning, but my nose was bunged up, hence my assumption that my f****d innate immune system deployed an American cop show-style response to a minor cold.

Offline Aggieblue

modify
    « Reply #27 on: 23/08/19, 11:37 »
    oh Londonwriter, must be so stressful. I'm sure it's nothing bad but of course our brains go into overdrive straight away... a stuffy nose is very common in pregnancy so is insomnia (i suffer from that one for sure!). And I think body temperature going crazy is not unusual either. but i understand these all together are alarming for you. did anyone say anything reassuring?

Offline S_Lauren24

modify
    « Reply #28 on: 24/08/19, 17:30 »
    Aggie - I found it very strange the other day when I said to my DP about the baby being our son. It feels so surreal, it is something I never thought I'd get the chance to say. I work in a private day nursery with babies aged from 6 weeks - 2 years. Although we have never had a baby come in from 6 weeks, the youngest we have ever had in is about 7 or 8 months. Getting my level 5 just means I'm higher qualified and eventually could be promoted to manager of a nursery if I wished. I love working with children but at the minute I'm doubting whether I want to return to that once my maternity leave is up, simply to the fact I work very long hours and my managers really aren't the kindest.

When do you have your next scan?

Londonwriter - thank you, the scan was lovely and DP is definitetly being a lot better behaved than last weekend. Lots of lovely little boys going on in this thread :)

That sounds awfully stressful and not very fun to go through. I hope you are feeling much better now and you at least had some reassuring answers to your questions. I'm sure everything is fine with Grape and he's doing well in there.

I hope everyone else is feeling well :)

Offline Londonwriter

modify
    « Reply #29 on: 24/08/19, 20:22 »
    oh Londonwriter, must be so stressful. I'm sure it's nothing bad but of course our brains go into overdrive straight away... a stuffy nose is very common in pregnancy so is insomnia (i suffer from that one for sure!). And I think body temperature going crazy is not unusual either. but i understand these all together are alarming for you. did anyone say anything reassuring?

AggieBlue - Thanks for trying to be reassuring :) I know it was a mini-immune flare and not my pregnancy because I've had this inflammatory disease for nearly seven years now. Luckily, I carried DS to term when it was under worse control than now, so not too worried about Grape, although it was alarming at the time.