* Author Topic: BFP Due Date - January/February 2020  (Read 15029 times)

0 Members

Offline whatonearth

modify
BFP Due Date - January/February 2020
« Reply #200 on: 20/02/20, 21:35 »
Oh and great news about your blood sugar Aggie. I thought that might happen after a couple of my friends had GD and immediately went back to normal after birth.
Remember that doughnut, you  can have that now!:0))

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline Londonwriter

modify
    « Reply #201 on: 21/02/20, 08:49 »
    AggieBlue - Congratulations on the birth of Elliott! Glad to know the birth went okay :)

DS1 is completely nonplussed by the appearance of DS2. Infact, he is curious about him and moderately enthusiastic. When DS2 went to the local hospital be tested for jaundice, DS1 kept wandering into our bedroom asking where he was. If anyone asks about his little brother, he shouts out his name at the top of his voice. Hopefully heíll continue being that keen as DS2 gets older.

My blood sugar was terrible for about 72 hours after the birth (6.1 fasting and went above 9 with a white baguette and fruit). My fasting sugar seems to have dropped below 5 for fasting now, but I darenít eat anything with carbs because it looks like it still spikes with foods like oatcakes.

DS2 appears to have completely recovered from his problems at birth and has put on 200g in a week. Iím VERY lucky in that I tend to produce a lot of milk, but less lucky in that I tend to get engorged breasts if I donít express or feed regularly - either way, at the moment, he isnít short of something to eat.

Offline martakeithy

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #202 on: 21/02/20, 22:07 »
    Hi all,
    London there you are! That's great news that DS2 is doing so well.
    Also amazing that you are keeping him so full up and that he is able to feed so well.
    I had sore boobs for a few days in the first week, but its settled down now.
    Your DS1 is so funny. Sounds quite alarming: the name shouting. :0)
    How are you coping with feeding a newborn and running about after a small person? Did you sort out a nanny?
    Are your stitches ok?
    Rubbish about your blood sugar. Hopefully, it is on a downward trend. What follow up do you have for support with the GD?
    I've got Dora flopped on me. Sleepy girl. Still feeding at least every two hours during the day and between two and three hours at night. I look like a skull 😳 and I am mad.

Offline whatonearth

modify
    « Reply #203 on: 25/02/20, 23:38 »
    Hi all,
    Sorry, that is me above. I signed in on an old phone using chrome (which I rarely do) and it remembered an old profile I had actually had trouble accessing a while ago, so had ended up creating a new profile.
    How weird.  We have had a lot of trouble with our broadband and itís been so difficult fixing It with a baby underone arm. She always seems to be crying whenever customer services call  (which is, pretty much, whenever she is awake)
    How are you guys managing the no sleep and messy home?
    My DS made pancakes tonight. It was so sweet of him, but I have a lof of tidying up to do tomorrow!

Offline Aggieblue

modify
    « Reply #204 on: 26/02/20, 13:24 »
    haha i thought you changed user names :)

i can't really type on my phone and it's hard to find time to get my laptop out these days.

we just had the health visitor over for the first time. Elliott gained his original weight back and even more so very pleased! he' still a very easy child, so chilled, hardly gets upset. I'm so full of love. he sleeps quite well too so still coping ok. He is getting lazier with his latch though so I will go to a breastfeeding support group to see how to improve it. no matter if I stick my boob in his mouth perfectly, he'd just move down to the nipple.

good to hear DS2 is doing so well Londonwriter and that DS1 took to him quickly. must be so nice for both you and whatonearth to see siblings bonding.

Offline whatonearth

modify
    « Reply #205 on: 26/02/20, 20:02 »
    Hi all,
    Haha Aggie, no it was just me, Iím not in hiding or anything, so need to change my name. :0)
    Well done to you and Elliott with the weight regain. That was fast wasnít it.
    Breastfeeding can be quite ouchy even if you do it properly, but if he is slipping off, I would take him off. Its not worth being sore for the next feed. He might end up chasing you to get a feed, while you run away 
    I think Dora is having a growth spurt, sheís feeding all the time. Sore boobs!

Offline Londonwriter

modify
    « Reply #206 on: 27/02/20, 08:10 »

Your DS1 is so funny. Sounds quite alarming: the name shouting. :0)
    How are you coping with feeding a newborn and running about after a small person? Did you sort out a nanny?
    Are your stitches ok?
    Rubbish about your blood sugar. Hopefully, it is on a downward trend. What follow up do you have for support with the GD?
    I've got Dora flopped on me. Sleepy girl. Still feeding at least every two hours during the day and between two and three hours at night. I look like a skull 😳 and I am mad.

Hi WhatonEarth,

I guessed it was you :) I've had my mum (and husband) here for a fortnight to help look after DS1 (Hector) & 2 (Lorcan), and currently have my mother-in-law/father-in-law visiting to help out with Hector. It would be tough otherwise as Hector goes to forest nursery on a Friday and I have a choice of lugging a heavy bag containing multiple changes of clothing (he gets wet and filthy) on the bus, or having to lift him out of the trike. He's also going through the phase where his favourite word is "NO!!!" and he keeps lying down and refusing to move, which isn't the greatest if you're not supposed to be lifting heavy objects :D

We haven't hired a new nanny as I don't want the pressure of working enough hours to pay for full-time childcare. With Hector, I ramped up from one to three days over the first three months and then worked three days for six months while my parents-in-law looked after him. With Lorcan, my mum has agreed to help out with Hector, but really struggles with his lying-down-refusing-to-move/climbing on everything/shouting "NO"/refusing to potty train (usual small kid stuff) as she's in her mid-70s, so we've got an au pair arriving from (southern) Italy next week. He's an architecture student who is taking six months to visit the UK to improve his English before starting the next phase of his course, and he has two younger brothers - so used to little kids. We're going to have him help out my mum with taking Hector out on trips - to the park and potentially to swimming lessons - and to provide an extra pair of hands around mealtimes.

Blood sugar is still ropey. Yesterday I had a veggie sausage casserole with a tiny amount of basmati rice (low carb), strawberries with mascarpone (low GI), and some 99% dark chocolate in almond milk (near zero carb) and, within an hour, my blood sugar was 7.8. I'm reasonably convinced now that I was prediabetic *before* I got pregnant, and that Dr Gorgy was only getting the 4.7 fasting results when he tested my blood glucose because I'd just cycled 90 minutes to the appointment. Anyway, we'll find out because I've got a 6-week followup with the endocrinologist. The problem is that, if he does a HbA1C test only, it'll come out normal because of my diet...

My mother-in-law thinks I'm recovering well from the c-section as, while Lorcan is asleep, I'm running around the house tidying up after the decorating. I think I'm a cripple as I'm not running, attending Zumba, doing weights, and the longest walk I've done is 45 minutes. I went out to a nearby shopping centre on the tube to buy a watch, as I'd lost mine shortly before going to hospital, and I ran a 101 degree F temperature for about four hours afterwards (usually, with me, that's physiological stress).

I'm feeding about every three hours at night and during the day, and doing all the feeds myself (rather than expressing). I realise, at times like this, just how bad my immune problem actually is when it's going full pelt. I'm really productive rather than dead now because I'm actually getting more sleep than I do when my disease is flaring, and I'm just slightly tired rather than washed out and feverish during the day  :-[

Hi AggieBlue,

Glad to know Elliott has gained back his original weight, and is an easy child :) Could your breasts be too full to get a proper latch straight away? If Lorcan hasn't fed for a while, the breast tends to be too big for him to get a proper latch straight away, so he tends to lick the nipple and drops on-and-off until he's expressed some milk. If that isn't the problem, and it's really painful, it's okay to take Elliott off and reposition. It will get easier though - I could literally feed anywhere (e.g. while on a house viewing) within a few months of starting to feed Hector and was back 'in the saddle' (as it were) within a few days with Lorcan.

I do understand the anxiety though. When I started BFing Hector, I was terrified about a) not having enough milk and b) getting my latch wrong so that he'd starve to death. I spent ages repositioning him and I did get really sore nipples for a while, as well. Provided they're gaining enough weight and you're not in a lot of pain (or at risk of mastitis), you're probably alright :) I had loads of advice in the SCBU on feeding Lorcan because my technique was awful (despite BFing Hector for 15 months). Two week since starting, I realise my technique was awful because babies get used to BFing and reposition themselves after a while. By the time I finished BFing Hector, you could practically throw him across the room like a rugby ball (I didn't try this, obviously) and he'd manage to latch. Lorcan is already starting to latch while we're both tangled up like contortionists.

Offline whatonearth

modify
    « Reply #207 on: 4/03/20, 22:32 »
    Hi all,
    Just wanted to say hi, been a bit frantic this week, but hope you are both well and will post properly soon. X

Offline Aggieblue

modify
    « Reply #208 on: 5/03/20, 20:52 »
    Sorry for lack of posts, I really canít find time to open my laptop! So Iím writing this on my phone while Elliott is hanging off my boob :)

We had a rough week, I was readmitted to hospital after a heavy bleed on Sunday night. We stayed in a few days - I have some leftover tissue in the uterus. Originally they wanted to remove it but then decided against it, as itís too close to giving birth. Will have to go back for another scan in two weeks and we take it from there. Bit nervous knowing I could get another heavy bleed at any time, but fingers crossed it all works out ok.

Londonwriter I laughed out loud on your post a few times. 😄
    As Iím typing on my phone I canít scroll back to reply.

Hope youíre all doing well! Elliott is growing fast and is now in size 2 nappies. Should be getting my cloth nappy starter pack tomorrow so will trial those soon!

Offline mollymartha

modify
    « Reply #209 on: 12/03/20, 11:33 »
    Hi lovely ladies just finally dropping in to say hi not sure if you remember me from a while back,  I have browsed daily throughout and kept up to date with your journeys but I haven't posted in ages

Lauren congratulations on the safe arrival of your son hope you are doing really well only seems like yesterday we were starting the iuis!! Hope you are enjoying motherhood

London,  great news on the arrival of Lorcan what a fab name, sorry to hear it ended in a c section, but glad baby got out safe nd well in the end,  glad big brother is OK, how are you recovering, was he born on the 7th February,  that was our due date , hope your blood sugar levels are improving and stabilising

What on earth,  congratulations on your daughter what a sweet name hope you are enjoying motherhood and enjoying Dora

Aggie huge congratulations on the birth of EliotT another lovely name, how much did he weigh at birth,  sounds you had a tough time but glad he is doing well now how scary with the big bleed is all OK now and no more of it how are you finding it all

My little girl India -Rose was born on 20 th January at 14.44 by semi emergency  c section at 37 weeks + 3 days weighing 6lb 8oz  two and a half weeks early very long story I will bore you all another time with the details we had a few worries from 23 weeks onwards and we've had a few worries since she was born she is absolutEly amazing and being a mummy is the best feeling ever will write more another time but just wanted to update and say hi hope you are all well the days just flying by x