* Author Topic: BFP Due Date - January/February 2020  (Read 12657 times)

0 Members

Offline Aggieblue

modify
BFP Due Date - January/February 2020
« Reply #210 on: 13/03/20, 16:15 »
mollymartha, fantastic to hear from you and so happy to read about the birth of your no doubt beautiful daughter, India-Rose. What a long journey it's been, eh? And here we are, both of us with our babies in our arms. Life can be really amazing and I still feel extremely lucky!

Elliott was 3560g, that's 7.8 pounds. He is getting big now, his little cheeks are fattening up. So cute! I absolutely love motherhood and Elliott is a fantastic little baby, so well behaved and chilled. Sleeps well and eats well, so can't really complain!

I hope everyone else is doing well and enjoying the new babies  :)

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline Aggieblue

modify
    « Reply #211 on: 20/03/20, 13:01 »
    hope you're all well and keeping safe!

Offline mollymartha

modify
    « Reply #212 on: 21/03/20, 08:25 »
    Hey aggie and Eliot how are you doing, I was wondering the same, hope everyone is OK staying well  safe and has enough supplies very scary time to have had a new baby we never could have predicted this a year ago hey,  feel do sorry for all ladies cycling atm and the un certainty of that , must be really tough on top of an already stressful time

So glad you and EliotT are doing well, did your bleeding settle down ok must have been pretty scary to have that big bleed,  he sounds absolutely adorable and what a little cutie , it only seems like yesterday little pupo was measure ahead at the scans I remember lol that's a great healthy weight , glad for your same he wasn't massive lol India was 3085g or 6lb 8oz at 37 weeks +3 days so iv she had gone to term I reckon 7lb to 7lb 8oz maybe she weighed 10lbs 50z at 8 weeks but was on the 90 th centile for height lol she has never been on the 90 th centile for anything lol yes motherhood is the absolute best I love it , live breastfeeding and just want to  cuddle her 24/7 she is very cute a huge amount of black hair when she was born it was stood on end sticking right up lol she now has a hint of fluffy mohican with a brown hint inky grey eyes chubby cheeks and thighs  now the most beautiful smile we think her amazing hair is from the sperm donor side as he is Indian

I can't believe we are now both mumimes just think back a year ago. ..I look at her still can't believe she's really here I'd do it all again tomorrow if I could we had a  bit iof a bumpy ride the tablet battery is going so will write more later but the anterior placenta was a nightmare no movement really at all throughout I hold the record of 42 visits to triage from 23 weeks to 37 for dopplers and ctg it was so stressful and hard at 37 weeks her heart rate was really high on the ctg over 200 they couldn't get it down so sent me to labour ward for an emergency c section  put me on a drip then decided no and sent me home at 2am 2 days later the heart rate still at 200 they took it seriously this timethey panicked at triage things had been left to get that bad  almost got  her out there and then but wanted to get 2 steroid injections in so we held out til the next day the c section itself was actually amazing very calm pain free and special recovery was fine bar me getting an infection too , poor baby was born with cord around her neck a bit cold s d blue high heart rate which was due to infection so they really shouldnt have  sent us home that night at 2a m we could have very easily lost her ....really hard and  upsetting so she had  iv ABS Then prolonged  jaundice was o n 2 phototherapy lamps the sever e jandiceccaused extreme lethargy and sleepiness ongoing for over 6 weeks and she has bad reflux bless her so it's been quite scary and hard she sends a bit hello to you and EliotT x

Offline Aggieblue

modify
    « Reply #213 on: 5/04/20, 13:03 »
    mollymartha, i'm so glad you're enjoying motherhood and everything is going well! it must have been stressful going through all that towards the end of the pregnancy.especially you being you :) 42 visits my god! i am so glad all is good in the end and your little miracle is here and healthy. must have been very scary at the time! i hope the rest of motherhood will be less stressful and worrying.

we're doing well all things considered. not how i imagined maternity leave, with all what's going on but what can we do. I still have to go to the hospital because of my retained placenta and finally i'm having a small operation to have it removed next tuesday. i have to leave Elliott home with a friend and it's killing me! so i just started to express some milk so my friend can feed him when i'm not here. i think i'm going to cry all the way through, it's going to be so tough leaving him!
    also obviously stressed out about going to the hospital anyway and catching that stupid virus. the most likely place to catch it is definitely a hospital! but i really can't wait a few month, i am still bleeding and there's a chance of infection so it has to be done.

other than this, everything is amazing. Elliott is a good little boy and we sleep well most nights. i am getting a few smiles a day now and it melts my heart like i never thought it can melt!

hope everyone else is doing ok xxx

Offline mollymartha

modify
    « Reply #214 on: 6/04/20, 08:49 »
    Hi Aggie and EliotT!  Hope you are  both ok, wonderful to hear from you I was worrying everyone on here seems very quiET,  I know a new baby takes all of our time but am worrying how you are all coping at,m, hugely scary times aren't they who could have predicted the world would be like this a year ago hey, yes I'm absolutely loving motherhood,  it's the best and most amazing time you finally feel complete and can't believe how much you lI've your baby like you have never loved before , India is such a lovely girl,  very sweet natured, happy, smiley loves people and cuddles yes the total lack of movement was a nightmare I wouldn't wish it on anyone an anterior placenta bug ut was more than justhat I think I must have had over 30 scans in the end,  weekly at some points, up yes it was 42 triage visits in the last 14 weeks I that doesnt even include scan trips lolwas there daily sometimes fur dopplers then ctg from 28 weeks onwards the triage staff implied we really should have complained at being sent away so many times without them investigating the lack if movement eg swabs fir infection blood tests, or even see a Dr there I had a really nasty virus at about 25 weeks and the cough lasted the rest if the pregnancy never had a cough like it I was literally up all night coughing and coughing I also git alot I gof heartburn towards the last 6 weeks or so but she did have a lot of hair! It was a really hard time nto knowing daily if she was alive or not, I dreaded it and  my anxiety was bad yes you know what I'm like lol I couldn't enjoy the pregnancy  didn't buy her anything or get excited I just took it a day at a time I found it quite sad and upsetting not feEling kicks like most ladies and the special bonding and magic of kicks I felt nothing til 20 weeks +3 then that was one little tap a day at beat til 23 weeks then that reduced , on a good day I'd get a tap a day but had to sit down of lie down for ages,  then in the final weeks a push a day at best I couldn't ever feel anything from inside had to have my hand there I worried so so much triage were so shocked and fuming labour ward sent me home on the Friday night at 2am id been in 3 times in 24 hours with no movment that day when the ctg showed her heart rate staying at 200, they implied we should have complained and almost lost her ......really upsetting to even think of thankfully we went back on the Sunday another bad ctg of 200 bpm thankfully this time they acted it was all panic and happened fast getting the 2 steroid injections in then she was born the next day so thankful in didn't have to have the induction at 38 weeks as cord was round her neck and she was born with a neonatal sepsis infection which probably caused the high heart rate no idea how long ago was suffering this poor baby the week before she was born again they sent me home with her heart rate at 200 I often left triage more worried than I went in! It was really worrying her first few weeks as she had prolonged jaundice til around 7 weeks which made her very lethargic literally slept 23 hours a day very very hard to wake fir feeds she had a uti a few weeks ago which the hospital missed so we weren't given ABS in time it resolved on its own, poor girl she has very bad reflux too and intermittent diarrhoea , have had quite a few hospital trips for the jaundice and reflux we also think I have an oversupply of milk and fast let down which can add to the sickness diarrhoea and digestI've issues we had to Google it but a few breastfeeding support lines advised keep feeding by breast bottle would make the reflux worse so we take it a day at a time ....

So sorry to hear you are gp having to head to hospital for an operation what bad bad luck, you must be very stressed  understandably, do you have to have a full GA or can you stay awake hopefully they will get out the rest of the placenta whole and sort it once and for all how stressful for you especially atm,im sure the hospital are bring extra careful with cleanliness and getting patients home asap , it's essential casea only isn't it do hopefully it won't be too busy and you can go in get it done then out again , it can't be good for your health to still be bleeding and once it's sorted IT will all be behind you oh gosh I can't imagine how you must be feeling even thinking of leaving ElilotT,   how awful for you, it will be extremely hard but you have no choice , I really feel for you I'm sure the hospital staff are being extra cautios hope you are back home safe and well soon that's good you have a trusted friend to look after him and atleast you can express off in advance please let us know how it goes when you can although I know it's hard how are you coping at home managing ok  for supplies etc glad Elliott is thriving he sounds adorable and very cute the time goes by so so fast India is 11 weeks today incredible isn't it enjoy every  minute

Hope you are all OK Lauren, london and what on earth stay safe and well hope all the babies are OK hope with the immune issues you are staying safe London x

Ps am happy to email a picture of India to any of you lovely ladies if anyone would like to see her x

Offline whatonearth

modify
    « Reply #215 on: 24/04/20, 20:50 »
    Hi all,
    Wow, itís been crazy hasnít it! Thank goodness we all managed to miss the start of social distancing and lock down immediately after giving birth. Im so relieved I didnít have the fear of covid whilst I was actually pregnant. I really feel for new mums stuck at home with little support in the very early days and anyone currently pregnant or having their fertility treatment cut short.

Molly Martha congratulations on the birth of your lovely India Rose (beautiful name). It sounds as if you went through a lot with all of the visits. Luckily you followed your instincts and she is safe and sound because of you.

Aggie how are you? I hope the problem with your placenta is resolved now. Was Elliott ok with your friend? I bet he missed his lovely mummy. How are you coping with lock down? I feel lucky that my DS was with me when it started and has been here with me ever since. His dad wasnít keeping very well, I don't know whether he had the virus, but he has asthma and high blood pressure, so was self-isolating.

London, did you get your au pair sorted out for your boys, before this all kicked off? I imagine you would have trouble writing without your support network. How are things going with Lorcan? How is the the lovely Hector?

My lovely girl just had her 8 week jabs at 12 weeks. It was awful after the rota virus drops, she developed reflux and I needed a bath towel and wet suit to cope with the mess.
    She is a bit behind with quite a few things as she is 13 weeks, but I am adjusting to 10 weeks for development and she still has no interest in competing with the advanced, super -babies that seem to feature on quite a few threads. :0))
    She was po-faced until a one or two weeks ago, keeps her hands in fists most of the time and mainly wants to munch all day. She has quite a good repertoire of sounds, mainly from her bottom and is a dead weight, flopping around and head-butting me. Oh well.
    I must admit to having some weird, slightly reclusive and down days in the midst of the lock down. It has become quite overwhelming at times, especially not being able to get enough sleep or get on top of things generally, but overall more pros than cons.
    I would love to see everyoneís LOs please send me pics,if you feel inclined. I can send pics of Dora if you would like to see her little! Po-face.
    Take care everyone! Xx

Offline Aggieblue

modify
    « Reply #216 on: 29/04/20, 14:50 »
    Hi All,

Nice to hear from you too whatonearth!
    Elliott didn't do well after his first jabs either. he just got them now too at almost 11 weeks and it's been two days and still only happy when cuddled. he is a bit behind with a few things as well. one thing definitely: tummy time! he hates it and still unable to hold his head. i can't keep him like that for long either as he starts to cry very quick.

Molly, i would LOVE to see a photo of India Rose! i'll pm you my email :) how is your little princess doing now?

I had my surgery done. it was a stressful day for me but Elliott didn't seem to care I wasn't there. he was happy to take my milk from the bottle as well. i almost felt offended haha! but the following days he wasn't himself so i think the stress of not having me had a delayed response. we're doing well now and bleeding has stopped. i am still not fully healed so GP just gave me some cream to apply. will this thing ever end!

ok gotta go as little man is grumpy!

Offline mollymartha

modify
    « Reply #217 on: 30/04/20, 15:38 »
    HI ladies, how are you all hope you are all well and safe and coping as best you can in lock down,  great to hear from you what on earth , doras mummy lol how's baby dora,  totally agree , am so glad we escaped having to give birth at the peak of this dreadful pandemic and it wasn't a year ago in the midst of our treatments can't imagine how stressful scary and awful,  it must be , ivf is so stressful and uncertain anyway just can't imagine the impact it has on those affected likewise for those giving birth or pregnant  right now,  must be do so scary , my sister in law is around 10 weeks pregnant they lost their first baby at around this stage which really hit them hard she's working from home but my  brother is in the police so they worry he may be high risk to bring it back into the house they have a 2.5 year old daughter and are hoping the worst will be over by the time the baby is here I really do feel for everyone affected by this no one could have ever predicted this nightmare

I wonder how Lauren and her boy are getting on is  he the  oldest of this group he must be around 4 months by now?

London writer I hope you are all safe well and coping ok, I do think of you and wonder how things are with the situation in London and with your Immune issues ....must be extra scary how is little lorcan doing  how is hector enjoying the big brother role are you finding it fun with 2 little ones now lol how are your blood sugars hope they have settled and no further issues

How's dora doing now,  she sounds similar to India from your description of her and both the similar issues with jaundice and the reflux,  neither are any fun hey it must be the same everywhere then aggie and what on earth,  as India's first jabs were also 3 weeks late at 11 weeks , due to the covid situation  but as she was 2. 5 weeks early it kind of suited her better to catch up a bit plus the jaundice was prolonged and severe lasted over 7 weeks caused extreme lethargy so I think for her to have had them at 8 weeks would have been too much for her thankfully she coped ok this time but I was paranoid as you can imagine my aunt nearly died from a severe reaction to the whooping  cough vaccine and then  developed epileosy so i was extra worried I am totally pro vaccines  but in my head it's a scary hurdle for them especially so young how is dora now hope the reflux is a temporary thing, India has it badly poor girl I hate it and seeing her like it really upsets me  health visitor just said ride it out,  lots of muslins etc weve tried various things not much helps and I've has different advice from various Dr's ,  I'm reluctant to use meds due to side effects causing even  more problems tried gaviscon once didn't stay down 2 gps prescribed a drug now banned!  They gave her a third medication to try but very scared to  use it i just try to get as much fluid in to her as possible I also have fast let down and oversupply of milk it just pours out of me some days lol sorry tmi it can cause similar symptoms to reflux the breastfeeding help lines were quite helpful as the local support group obviously  isn't on atm I'm sure dora is doing just fine and developing along at her own steady pace same as India was a big early guess they need time to catch up and recover from the jaundice it hit India  pretty bad abd she was sooooo lethargic the first 2 months dora sounds quite a character and an absolute delight great news she feeds so well i worry about indias weight with thd reflux would really love to see photos please and am more than happy to show off India too, the sperm donor is Indian so she's half Indian princess half English rose hence the name we haven't been able to get her weighed since 8 weeks I've ordered  a cheap set of baby scales on amazon taking ages to arrive lol she's the most sweet gentle quiet girl hardly ever  cries smiles alot even with her sicky days she's very cuddly lOving and kind has the most beautiful smile,  was born with lots of impressive black hair which was stuck  up on end lol its sometimes in a mohican with a slight brown hint now ger eyes have chznged from very dark inky grey to a bit more brown she has started to coo more  and "talk" happiest being cuddled,  being held upright to dance and wiggle,  she loves  lying on her mat stretching  being tickled she loves music,  rattles,  books, baths her noisey toys, and her favourite songs are wind the bobbin and zoom , we sing nursery rhymes daily from youtube and she loves her pram if we get out for a short walk depending on the weather and how sick she's been and she likes to video call friends and family most of whom haven't met her yet km so sorry you feel a bit cut off what on earth , how are you coping atm,  I think it's only natural to feel as you do  I think we all must some days it's hard even though India is the easiest of babies ever and i live with family some days I struggle to find time to shower lol I do washing and cleaning as and when I can,  India is my priority and I work around her,  so don't feel too stressed about not being able to do other things I'm sure all of us get behind on things I always have a to do list and each day and try to just get one or 2 things extra done each day if not then I try not to stress  please dont put pressure on yiurself justbcincentrare on yourself and dora it's extra hard atm isnt it with the isolating we are always here to chat if you need it or offload hope hugs with dora help and get you through the harder days I still struggle with anxiety especially with India's lethargy and reflux it's hard and alot of worry I hope you sleep when you can its always easier to cope when you have had some sleep I'm will pm you  my email if you would be happy to share pictures and show off our little miracles

Aggie how are you and Elliott doing hope he has bounced back after his jabs , India isn't keen on tummy time either  I l know they have to I worry with her reflux about doing it I will email you some photos later thank you hope the cream sorts things finally for you and it's the issues done with,  glad surgery went ok and you recover well it's soon after a birth to have surgery so hope you take it easy and arent in pain glad he was OK with your friend I m sure he really missed you biput was just being a brave boy and reacted once he knew you were home bless hI'm he sounds very sweet and a real mummy's boy

Take care everyone lovely to chat stay safe everyone x

Offline S_Lauren24

modify
    « Reply #218 on: 4/05/20, 15:47 »
    Oh my gosh, hi all. I'm so sorry I didn't return to fill you in after I had the little one. Life has been crazy and with this lockdown and virus going on its just getting crazier.

I named my little boy Theo and he is 4 months and 4 days old now. Its crazy just how time has gone by. Hes started rolling over now when hes on his belly and I'm trying so hard to teach him to say mama although I know he is quite young for that still.

So my birth was completely mad, totally unplanned and not what I expected. I went into the hospital on Sunday 29th December roughly around 8pm as I was having reduced movements, I felt I was being abit paranoid but wanted to be checked out just in case. Typically as soon as they hooked me up to the monitors Theo started kicking like mad but because it was the second time I had had reduced movements since turning 30 weeks they were concerned. They were also very concerned I'd only been measured about three times in total so they measured my bump and said that the baby hadn't grown in two weeks so we had two options. Option one was to be induced at 6.30am the next day or option two was to go home and wait for a scan date to be given to check he was okay in there. Seeing as we were coming up to New Years Day they said it would be a struggle to definitely get a scan date in. Plus at this point I was 39+1 so we decided to be induced.

I took my bags and the baby bag to the hospital that night just in case but wasnt expecting to actually need them, I thought we would be sent home and would have to wait a few more weeks before Theo's arrival. Nope they induced me at 6.30am on the Monday, there was concern over the baby's heart rate as it kept dropping but nothing major so they just kept an eye and left me to carry on. I started getting a few contractions that night but paracetamol sorted the pain. On the 31st Decat 5.15am I woke up to more pain and saw my partner asleep next to me, I felt awful because he had struggled to get to sleep and thought I'd leave him to sleep abit longer. Nah at 5.30am the pain got worse so I got him to call a midwife, she gave me more paracetamol but seeing that the pain was much worse than that offered me gas and air. I didn't like it at first but after a couple of goes it was lovely and I was blissfully unaware of what was going on around me. My waters had gone a little so they started giving me antibiotics as I had strep B.

This is where it became a blur. I remembered hearing them say that you didn't go the delivery ward until you were 4cm. I felt them check and they said I was 3cm and all of sudden I was being wheeled away and they midwives shouting at everyone to hurry up and open the doors. I didn't know what was going on, I got to another room with more people and was given an injection to calm my contractions down as they were coming thick and fast by this point. They put a clip on the baby's head and when I next checked the clock it was 8ish. Things went by in a blur for a couple of hours and next thing I know its 11.30am and I asked the midwive to check me, she checked and at first she said I was 8cm and then realised she had got it wrong and I was 5cm. I was gutted, I thought at that point I'd be there for so long. My contractions started coming back quickly again and I started feeling the need to push, turns out Theo was back to back. They gave me an epidural which I said throughout my pregnancy I didn't want. But when it came to it I thought that would be best so I didn't hurt the baby needing to push. It took them five attempts to get the needle in as I was having contractions and my waters were going the whole time.

After the epidural they checked me again and I was 8cm but poor Theo's heart rate had been dropping with every contraction and his heart rate was down to 40 :( They rushed me to threate at 2.08 or something and two minutes later he was in the room. My partner heard them say they only had one more minute to get him out and they were relieved they had got him out in time. It was majorly scary to think if they hadn't gone so quick he may not be here but I'm so glad they did what they had to and he is here safe and sound. Through my entire pregnancy I said i didn't any needle near my back and if I had to have a c-section I wanted to be asleep. I was awake the entire time and I'm so proud of myself for doing so.

I will be honest and say the first three months were so hard. I tried breast feeding but everytime he would latch on he would fall asleep so after three days I swapped to formula and for the last few weeks I've regretted this. I was in hospital for so long as was just crying how i wanted to go home and they wouldn't let me. When we got home it was tough, I struggled to get out of bed, I was having anxiety attacks in the night and major night sweats. There was so many things going on that nobody had every warned me about I was having a hard time. I'm doing so much better now and loving life with my little one.

Offline mollymartha

modify
    « Reply #219 on: 5/05/20, 11:39 »
    Hi Lauren and baby theo, so great to hear from you, we wondered how you were doing what a lovely name and what an amazing group of babies we have on these pages   he sounds adorable and a perfect boy how much did he weigh at birth what a lovely new year surprise ,  im so so sorry it was an unexpected and traumatic birth, seems that all of us on here has a birth we couldnT have expected in many ways, in a perfect world I dreamT of a drug free home birth that definitely wasn't happening fot msny reasons lol it takes time to try to process the birth you had imagined and the reality,  so please don't feel like it's just you,  it sounds like you had a really tough scary time especially when his heart rate dropped , we had the opposite issue India's stayed at 200 and wouldn't calm down, that happened a few times they kept sending me home like that scary to think of now and we could have lost her as she had an infection when born cOrd  around her neck and prolonged severe jaundice for 7 weeks,I can sympathise with the tummy  measurements mine measured 3-6 weeks behind throughout and I hid my tummy til the end easily lol not that I wanted to of course but in only told verg close friends and family as we were so worried  they didn't know why it measured so behind so had to go by he scans which was odd as there was always a  high level of fluid trust me not to match lol   I was meant to be induced at 38 weeks but in the end we never made it to that things happened before then,  it's hard to accept but these choices wee taken out if our control in all of our cases in this group it seems we all had births we  never predicted that's the scary thing about pregnant and birth iv guess so so uncertain,  I was glad of the c section though I just wanted her out safely and had no issue with that route at all best for her fir sure I had never had an op before or stated I hospital before I found the actual op very calm pleasant pain free and the staff were amazing I'd have another in a heartbeat I'd have another baby as soon as if I could lol I'm so sorry it was such a shock how  theo was born, lease don't feel you are alone, im glad you feel much better now and enjoy motherhood isn't being a mummy the best feeling in the world,  im so sorry the early days  at home were pretty tough,  it is major surgery dont forget to recover from plus a brand new baby to care for no sleep and a  stressful birth  its the biggest challenge most of us ever face I'm sure most of us feel, the same we all have good days and bad days we are always here to listen  and share stories you were really brave managing to stay awake for his birth and cope with the op especially as you werent expecting it, huge well done to you I think you surprise yourself what you can cope with whrn you have to I hope it has helped you writing it all down and realise just how well you have done ,   you have come so far already and being the best mummy to little theo remember it is still early days and having a baby is such a huge life changing event I  still have anxiety over India and her health which is a daily thing all we can do is take it a day at a time and enjoy them as much as possible the time just flies by way too fast doesn't it k still don't believe shes really here or I'm a mummy lol still seems impossible hope you are  coping ok with lock down and managing as best you can,  how  does your partner enjoy being a daddy x