* Author Topic: BFP Due Date - January/February 2020  (Read 15706 times)

0 Members

Offline Londonwriter

modify
BFP Due Date - January/February 2020
« Reply #220 on: 3/06/20, 09:07 »
Hi everyone,

Sorry for taking so long to reply.

It's been pretty mad with the lockdown. As WhatsonEarth suggested, my au pair arrangements went down. My au pair was due to come from southern Italy at the beginning of March and we didn't really feel it was safe for him to come (or that he'd have fun here - we were expecting a lockdown). A week later, we decided it wasn't safe for my 74-year-old mum (who has high blood pressure) to be in London either so she went home. My husband was sent to work from home (he's a financial key worker) due to his asthma and his boss was kind enough to let him work four days a week for a few weeks - to help us cope. Apart from that, we were alone together, with no help, with the two small boys.

At the beginning of May, we realised it would be hard for my mum to come back and impossible for me to return to work, so we started recruiting for an au pair already in the UK. We've ended up recruiting an au pair whose last placement ended due to the lockdown. She has had several placements, wants to work as a maternity nurse in the UK eventually, and has a life here in London (inc. friends and a boyfriend). We've hired her as a part-time, live-in, junior nanny, which means we're paying her nanny rates for her childcare experience, but she lives with us and doesn't work full-time hours. She arrived on Monday night and will be locked down with us for the foreseeable.

This means I can now work 30 hours a week and am at my desk now working! I can also, hopefully, go for a run as my exercise has been confined to walking upstairs lots of times, dancing to music in the garden, and lifting weights in the front room.

Lorcan is a lovely baby. He is very curious and responsive, and generally interested in the world. He is now nearly four months. Like his brother, he had very severe colic, but I wouldn't know he was born a fortnight before term - he seems to have met most of his milestones roughly the same time as his older brother, although time does move strangely in the lockdown.

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline S_Lauren24

modify
    « Reply #221 on: 24/07/20, 10:56 »
    Hey everybody, how are you all doing and how our babies getting on? I hope they are all doing well :-)

I can't believe Theo is a week away from turning 7 months old. Time has literally flown by. When I was pregnant everyone kept saying to me "enjoy him while he is young because it goes so fast", I didn't believe them at the time but it is so true. I keep looking back at pictures of when he was newborn and I miss him being that small but at the same time I am loving watching his little personality grow.

Theo is nearly sitting up but nowhere near beginning to crawl, its quite funny watching him on tummy time. He is strong with his arms but has absolutely no clue what to do with his legs yet. He has been weaning for the last few weeks and he seems to really enjoy his food! I've been giving him purees because I'm too scared to do baby-led weaning. He has been off his food for the last few days but I think he is teething. He has one tooth on the bottom and I think the second one is going to make an appearance soon.

I've tried arranging going back to work in October but my boss is being really funny with me, because I work in a nursery I said Theo needs to come with me and she has said there is no room for him. He has to come with me as I've got no one to look after him so its possible I'll have to delay going back to work which I don't really want to do as I can't afford it.

I've been okay, just been feeling a little fed up lately. We have been going to my in-laws every other day and if im honest its driving me insane. It probably sounds quite nasty but I never get a look in with my own son when we go round there, if he is crying my MIL has to be the one to hold him and won't give him back. She is also not listening to what we are telling her. She has this pretend candle that she keeps giving Theo to play with and no matter how many times me and my partner tell her not to give it to him she still does. I keep telling her I light candles all the time in my house so I dont want him to think he can play with them because he plays with the one at nanny's house. Other than this things have been going well. My other half is going back to work doing massaging next week and he will have to go quite early so I'm hoping this means we won't have to spend as much time at my in-laws. Is it bad of me that I don't like spending much time there? People have told me just to send Theo with my other half but he goes running before he goes so would have to drop Theo off there and I don't trust MIL with him on her own. Theres been so many mistakes she has made whilst looking after him that I don't like leaving him with her.

When he was around 8 weeks old she left him go 6 hours without giving him milk despite the fact I had given her times to feed him, I was horrified! Then last weekend when we went round she wanted to take him for a walk so I went with her. It was really sunny so she pulled his trouser legs up and said "lets get the sun on those legs". Fil quickly said to her "so he can get sunburnt" and she quickly rolled them down again. She didn't even think about putting sun cream on him.

Sorry this seems to have turned into a little rant. I hope you are all doing well :-)

Offline Aggieblue

modify
    « Reply #222 on: 17/11/20, 21:04 »
    Hey everyone

Does anyone still check this? I just thought of this group today and had to check in.

Elliott and me are doing really well. He just turned 9 months and some days I still can't believe he is mine! He is such a fantastic little boy. So curious and definitely mummy's boy! I get so many cuddle a day. There's so much love.
    He is almost ready to walk now, which is scary! He is super active!

This year has been hard though with all that's going on but I was really lucky that I managed to go home and see my family for 6 weeks during the summer where things were a bit more normal. I'm not due to go back to work until February and I'm now officially homebased as my charity didn't keep their London office, understandably. I'll be heartbroken to not be with Elliott all the time, as hard as it is to have almost zero help, thanks to the pandemic.

Anyway, hope everyone is well and the babies are thriving. xxx

Offline mollymartha

modify
    « Reply #223 on: 17/11/20, 23:41 »
    Hi Aggie and Elliott yes I still check and was wondering the same as you abd how everyone is

Great to hear you are both ok,  he sounds like a delightful little boy and it is the same for me literally daily k look at India and simply can't believe she's really here or mine Its been the most beautiful miracle ever my friend recently said she's the piece of my jigsaw that's been missing all of my life that made me well up it must be so special to have that mummy and son  bond .....that's great you managed to visit home for a nice long trip this summer bet you were glad you were able to hope you enjoyed yourselves and the flight was ok was it not as scary with Elliott with you did he travel ok hope you manage to enjoy the rest if maternity leave atleast you have a while yet make the most of it sorry to hear the covid situation has affected your London office will you be ok job wise how will working from home be for you I'd love to be able to work from home but have no skills to do so I have to go back 4th January to my school Job mornings only India will have to go to a nursery near my work I go back to one evening job january too luckily only a few hours an evening and a 10 minute walk away thank goodness my old 3rd job I don't have to go back to I used to finish at midnight there ever night so very glad about that it was tough absolutely dreading going back tbh in a perfect world I would be a stay at home mummy but the reality is I have to go back money wise I'm trying  it to get upset or stressed about it just yet..I've never left her at all just to have a shower quickly that's it lol we are joined at the hip .how amazing Elliott is almost walking wow very early India can't crawl bless her but just recently can stand by the sofa with me next to her she's always loved to stand or be held up even when tiny have you been managing ok over the lock down etc we just mainly go for alot of walks ...

India is 10 months this week how did that happen..?.she's the  most sweet gentle beautiful kind little girl just amazing very very laid back always smiley loves cuddles songs books walks baths animals esp dogs , the swings ,noisy toys  ...she got 2 bottom teeth at 7 months and recently has 4 top teeth just emerging she has the most beautiful smile I can't believe how much its possible to love her its overwhelming we are still exclusively breast feeding weaning isnt  going great tbh she's still on fruit and veg purees anything slightly lumpy made her gag ...she really isn't a foodie at all has a tiny appetite and has never had big feeds we wonder if she has a small tummy ....the foods she is interested in she can't have yet bless her the reflux did improve after 6 months thank goodness as I found it so hard and upsetting to see her be so sick it was really hard to ride it out and with the prolonged jaundice we've always had to wake her for feeds I hope to keep breastfeeding  her as long as possible we both really love it I do still really worry alot about her alot of anxiety  still it will never go away she had her 10 month check 2weeks ago by phone she's very behind on speech abd communication she used to blow raspberries and cluck from 4 to 6 months then that stopped she's never ever babbled no mamma dada baba etc she can hear ok abd understands some things I say she knows words eg bus , nanny grandad do you want boo boo for a feed she's a very clever little girl knew her name at 4 months could turn pages on a book even earlier that that just no sounds or noises if you tickle her she will sometimes giggle or laugh if you do something really silly she smiles alot is very sociable well as much as you can be from a distance in a lock down ....loves people and is a very easy going cheerful smiley girl she's also vet behind in movement the health visitor promised to let me know what they suggest but still waiting atm haven't seen our usual hv since she was 7 weeks in march but know everyone's in the same boat I'd love love love to be able to give her a sibling ...but know she's, my miracle ...I'd have tried with my 6 frozen after about 2 months after she was born if I could have lol I'd have loved a small age gap but what with the c section, still breatfeeding abd the covid situation we will see how we go .I'd have really loved a huge family ...Im really desperate to just try with the fet but know I won't get another miracle my brother and his wife had a baby boy last Friday which was lovely to have 2 babies this year in our family my niece is now 3

Lauren how are you and Theo are you back at work yet is it any easier with your mother in law now how's theo doing the oldest baby in the group doesn't seem possible they are approaching their first birthdays ....I do really miss the newborn days wish I'd relaxed and enjoyed them more ...

How's Dora doing now hope all is well with you all

How's things with you also London abd lorcan hope all ok

Hope everyone's well and keeping safe and looking forward to babies first Christmases!! Take care everyone x

Offline S_Lauren24

modify
    « Reply #224 on: 23/11/20, 09:25 »
    Hey Aggie and Elliott, I'm glad to hear you are both doing well. What a clever little boy nearly ready to walk! They grow up so fast its scary. I'm sorry to hear Covid has affected your job, I hope working from home will go well though. I'm glad you got to go home to see your family its definitely been the hardest thing about this year not being able to see family as much we would have liked. One thing about my maternity I was most looking forward to was how much time I would have to travel back home to my family and I've only been able to see them a handful of times.

Molly and India I'm glad to hear you are both well. Theo is the opposite, not really interested in much milk but has a big appetite. He eats loads! Some babies just have a small stomach and they do say that up until 12 months food is just for fun anyway. I wouldn't worry about her being behind with talking she will get there, she has plenty of time to start babbling. Theo is a little behind with his physical development, hes no where near pulling himself up although in the last few days he has started trying more and no where near walking. They all do it in their own time, just keep encouraging her to try. I hope you can try again for another soon. I'd also like a sibling for Theo, we have an appointment on the 9th Dec with a clinic to discuss how to go forward with it. Hopefully in the New year we will be able to try for baby #2.

Me and Theo are good, we are currently in self isolation because Theo's dad has tested positive for covid. Its very difficult as we are trying to keep Theo away from him and Theo just doesnt understand and thinks daddy doesn't like him anymore. Theo won't even look at him. I went back to work at the start of October, I'm doing 34 hours a week and I feel like I don't ever see Theo but I can't afford to cut my hours down any more than I have. Theo is coming up to 11 months at the end of this month and I can't believe it, hes grown up so fast. I'll be honest we haven't seen my mother-in-law for a good few weeks now because of covid and its been quite nice to have the time for ourselves. She is still really overbearing and likes to try and take over with Theo trying to tell me what to do and what not to do.

I am so excited for Theo's first christmas and his first birthday, trying to plan something for his first birthday has been very difficult because we dont know what will happen with covid but as long as he has mummy and daddy around we don't care what we do. We usually have two christmas trees at our house, we buy a real one and we have an artificial one in the conservatory we have already put up our artificial one and Theo loves it! He keeps trying to grab all the baubles off and his face lights up when we turn the lights on.

I hope everyone else is doing well and all the babies are coping well with all this covid going on.