* Author Topic: BFP Due Date - January/February 2020  (Read 15724 times)

0 Members

Offline Londonwriter

modify
BFP Due Date - January/February 2020
« Reply #40 on: 10/09/19, 12:40 »
Sorry for not replying for ages.

Not much to say, really. The fevers/muscle pain calmed down after a while. My DS developed laryngitis (and virus-induced asthma) about a week later so I assume my immune system was responding to the virus.

After that went away, I've had more energy which is probably hormonal, but my immune system could have a role because my energy levels were continuing to decrease before the IVIG. I've due another IVIG, which I've booked for Friday afternoon incase of side effects, and my mum will be staying to take my DS to nursery and care for him over the weekend.

No scans or anything else to report. I've checked for Grape's heartbeat every now and then to make sure he's okay, but he seems to be. I'm having a consultant appointment next Tuesday, but it's at his private office and not at the hospital so I won't get a scan of Grape - just, I assume, a handheld Doppler reading - which is a bit disappointing. The consultant said I could ask for a scan anytime I was worried, but I don't have any good clinical reasons to be.

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline Aggieblue

modify
    « Reply #41 on: 11/09/19, 16:27 »
    hopefully the tumbleweed on this board just means everyone is doing well :)

Londonwriter, glad things calmed down for now, hope it stays like that! nice to have that doppler... i think it would cause me more anxiety and also maybe a slight obsession so i decided against it. i was disappointed they didhn't check the heartbeat at my 16 weeks GP check. the doctor said they only do it after 20 weeks as baby is still too low. grrrr.

Lolawishes, hope the tiredness is slowly lifting? i feel i am now getting tired again, after a few weeks of having energy.

AFM, i had a bit of a worried few days, not sure why, but Pupo seems to be happily swooshing around in there with the occasional boxing sessions (I named him Pupo after learning that it's actually a name in Italy). It's lovely to feel him for reassurance although of course I worry if I haven't felt him for a while. 20 weeks scan in 2 weeks but it feels like ages away!
    I still struggle with food, can't eat too much, so sometimes worried if I'm eating enough at all. I haven't really put on any weight, but the bump is growing now very well and about to pop i think! My muscles and skin are so stretched, actually quite uncomfortable at times, so hopefully they will give soon. I do apply shea butter daily but don't think it helps much. Anyone else feels the stretching this much? anything tips to make it better?

I am still flat hunting and got until the 6th October to move out of my current place. ughhh. the stress. work has been crazy too. can't wait to see the end of this month!

sorry about my rant! othern than these, i'm actually feeling great and really enjoying this part of the pregnancy and seeing the bump grow and feeling my little boy's movements.  ^Heart^

hope everyone else is well!

Offline S_Lauren24

modify
    « Reply #42 on: 11/09/19, 21:16 »
    Londonwriter - I'm glad the fevers and everything calmed down. I hope the consultant appointment goes well next week.

Aggie - I have been gutted everytime I have seen the midwife because I have been waiting to hear the heartbeat for ages! For some reason around here they don't do it until 24 weeks.
    I completely understand with feeling worried when the baby hasn't moved for a while! I feel more anxious now than the start of my pregnancy.

I have had a stretching feeling but I haven't actually applied any creams or anything but I have heard bio oil is good.
    I really hope you find a flat soon!

AFM -
     I have had an eventful day and yet a rather lazy day at the same. This week I have had a cold and what feels like a chest infection, I suffer with asthma anyway so I have been keeping a close eye on it. Today I went to the doctors to get my chest checked over and he said it sounds fine and doesn't think it was a chest infection but told me to make sure I go back if it does get any worse. I have also been having an aching sensation at the top of my bump nearly everyday, it tends to come when I have either done too much or I'm not in a comfortable sitting position. I mentioned this to the doctor and he said aches and pains are normal and asking about his movement which I explained hadn't quite been normal over the last day or so. He told me if I was concerned about movement to talk to the midwife.

I then had to ring the midwife around 3.30ish because I had been trying to monitor his movements and they just werent the same as normal, the midwife was absolutely lovely and came round the house to see if everything was okay. I also spoke to her about the pains and aches I had been having and she also said they were normal and double checked there was no bleeding or anything. I then got to hear my little mans heart beat for the first time! It was beating at 150bpm which she said was good. She could hear him moving around and said she could feel him moving even though I couldn't.

All he has done for the last hour is kick and move! And they have been really strong kicks too, in fact they have been so strong I have been watching my belly and actually seen him kicking. It's the first time I have actually seen him kicking me, my partner is out tonight but I wish he was here to see it too.

I hope everyone else is well and feeling good :)

Offline Londonwriter

modify
    « Reply #43 on: 12/09/19, 07:52 »
    All he has done for the last hour is kick and move! And they have been really strong kicks too, in fact they have been so strong I have been watching my belly and actually seen him kicking. It's the first time I have actually seen him kicking me, my partner is out tonight but I wish he was here to see it too.

I'm quite freaked out by this, I've got to say. I didn't have anything like that until about week 30 of my first pregnancy and, although I felt early movement with this pregnancy, that stopped a while back. I was worried at first, but then I used the Doppler and realised that Grape had moved position - he seems to have moved from the front towards the back of my uterus.

I do have an anterior placenta (again), which was the reason I couldn't feel anything until late with my DS. I assume that's why I can't feel any kicks now with this one too. It's also why I bought the Doppler in my first pregnancy - otherwise, I'd have had no reassurance the foetus was still there. Not sure why my body likes growing an anterior placenta so much (I thought it was random with each pregnancy) - it's better than a placenta previa, I suppose.

Offline Aggieblue

modify
    « Reply #44 on: 12/09/19, 15:29 »
    Londonwriter, if you have an anterior placenta, don't think you're expected to feel anything for a long time yet. try not to worry about that. :) also Lauren is a good few weeks ahead! no need to worry about movements and patterns till after 25 weeks i think. easier said than done i know.
    i did start to feel him quite early but i really wanted to so really watched out for everything. also last time they checked he was measuring a week ahead so i think his kicks are strong for his age. :) i'm yet to see anything but yesterday i could feel it with my hand. that was a first! but there's definitely no patterns and some days he seems a bit lazier.

Lauren, i hope you feel better! i had an awful cold last week but luckily recovered now. interesting about the pain, but it sounds like that something inside is pressing on that area and it gets worse when you're moving or not comfortable. hopefully the midwife could put your mind at ease!

xxx

Offline mollymartha

modify
    « Reply #45 on: 13/09/19, 01:22 »
    heya aggie how are you and your boy hope you are over the cold now and work isn't so hectic hows the flat hunting going hope you find somewhere nice in time so you can get settled in before Christmas and start nesting! lol sorry to hear you aren't able to eat much atm im sure your boy is getting more than enough and all he needs try and eat whatever you fancy hope the time passes fast for your next scan shame you haven't had the Doppler yet but im sure it will be soon I was quite surprised when the midwife tried it at 16 weeks + 5 I guess every area has different practices as I said around here all ivf are consultant led they see you at 28 weeks do another scan I think and see the consultant plus a glucose tolerance test hen more appointments at I think 32 and 36? they induce all ivf ladies at 40 here too I guess it different her you are if you had a 16 week chck with the gp rather than midwife here its all midwife checks -10 for a first baby, 7 for a second I think

londomwriter hope you are feeling much better now hope your son is feling better too and the ivig will go realy well and no nasty side effects this time hope the consultant appointment goes well great you can check on him with your Doppler im the same as aggie im totally not confient to use one the midwife used one at 16 weeks + 5 she found it straight away then the second time at 17 weeks + 6 she got the placenta at first then she found her and she just kept trying to kick her away! lol its anterior placenta so I didn't feel any of it but the midwife said it wsa kicks! so amazing to hear her I definitely couldn't even try to use one I would have absolutely no idea how and wher to aim! lol I would also become obsessed and I know it would just add to the ongoing anxiety its all such a worry isn't it!

lauren hope you are soon over the virus and it doesn't go on to a full chest infection glad you got reassurance on the Doppler how wonderful! hope things are still calmer and more settled for you and your o/h have you bought your boy any more bits or had any agreements about names lol how exciting hey!

had the first Doppler done 2 weeks ago at 16 weeks +5 the midwife got the heartbeat up straight away my phone doesn't have a camera so I couldnt record it lol due to my anxiety she saw me again last Thursday at 17 weeks + 6
    I took my friend to record it for me, she kept kicking the midwife (baby not my friend! lol) I cant feel any kicks at all but the midwife said every time there was a kick it we heard it! was a beautiful magical moment and so pleased my friend recorded it really really special to hear her the midwife did promise to see me weekly for the Doppler but had no free slots this week which has added to my anxiety I had a private scan last Saturday I just booked a quick basic scan but the scanner guy was so lovely and kind he was very thorough checked everything and did it in 4d! total surprise to see really didn't expect that! it was so so clear you could see her face arms legs everything so clear have to say shes the most incredible beautiful miracle ive ever seen you could see her face so clearly its amazing how fast they change I know it sound ridiculous but I could recognise her from the earlier scans and her face looked so familiar her profile and face shape is so distinct to me so so special 
    he did me loads of pictures and 3 videos she is so loved and wanted if If if I get that far I have the midwife and the nhs 20 week scan next week, Its 19 weeks today im still extremely anxious just 24/7 dread still a lot of anxiety I worry everyday I haven't had any movement at all yet which really worries me its an anterior placenta but I still worry ive felt nothing at all my tummy just goes up and down! I get ibs anyway so have been bloated on and off for years it is flatter in the morning then bloated later on but that just ibs and eating too may carbs! that also worries me too as no proper "bump" just bloat on and off!
     I just worry about every single thing and keep imagining all the worst things happening at any point all I can do is take it a day at a time same as all of us hey x

Offline Aggieblue

modify
    « Reply #46 on: 18/09/19, 15:44 »
    hey how is everyone? sorry i've been so quiet but flat hunting got the better of me. seems like i finally found a place, just going through referencing. it's not in the area i wanted but it's the best i could find in such a short time. the estate agent is absolutely useless so i won't relax until i'm actually moved in.

Molly, hope you're doing well! the anterior placenta will definitely stop you from feeling anything for a long time, sadly. when is your 20 weeks scan? should be any day now? mine is on Tuesday.

i had a bit of a scare last weekend, not feeling the baby much, but i think he just changed positions and his kicks were much more subtle. yesterday he got his mojo back but quiet again today. this seems to be normal so trying not to worry much. i think my bump is growing but it's still easy to hide and certainly doesn't get me a seat on the tube!
    work has been super busy and with the flat hunting on top, these last few weeks were really stressful. I'm going to Rotterdam tomorrow (by train!) to visit friends, really looking forward to it. really need some time out!

hope everyone is doing well!

Offline Londonwriter

modify
    « Reply #47 on: 18/09/19, 16:18 »
    Aggieblue - glad you've found a flat.

Molly - with an anterior placenta, you won't feel anything until 25 weeks or more. I had one with my last pregnancy (and do again), which was why I bought the handheld Doppler.

I had an IVIG on Friday. No sickness this time as the nurse did the infusion really slowly. On the Friday night I had itching, crawling skin and restless leg in both legs - which was a bit weird. Apparently restless leg is common in rheumatoid arthritis (which I've been investigated for, but don't have) so it was probably just my immune system kicking up. Everything okay now though.

I also had a consultant appointment yesterday. It was a non-event. He took blood pressure, urine test, got way more excited about the foetal heartbeat than I was (as I have a handheld Doppler) and told me to come back after my 20-week scan. I was out of his office in 15 minutes. For some reason he's fixated on the idea that I'm an ARGC patient (I was at CRGH) and even wrote this in my notes (!) :( I'm a bit disappointed and hope he's more conscientious around my labour and delivery.

Offline Aggieblue

modify
    « Reply #48 on: 24/09/19, 16:24 »
    Londonwriter, glad all went well with the IVIG! i do get restless legs as well. I actually always had RLS so expected it to get worse during pregnancy especially as i don't exercise that heavily (it normally helps).

I had my 20 weeks scan this morning. I was confident as Pupo has been splashing about in there but got a bit nervous as i went in there. Luckily all good, he checked all his bits and bobs while not showing me the screen. He only wanted to show me the baby once he knew all was good. He was very quiet but at some point he just said: yes you are definitely having a boy  ;D after he checked everything i finally got to see my baby, although he didn't give me much time at all. And printer didn't work so no photos either. Feel like they're pushing me to have a private scan at 24 weeks now!   :P

anyway, they booked me in for more scans at 28, 32 and 36 weeks. He didn't really say why i'm getting the extra scan, so could be just an IVF thing? baby is sitting quite low, nicely snuggled into my pelvis. Apparently this is not a problem at all and will move if he gets uncomfortable. Internet says it might cause more pelvic and lower back pain (hooray!) but otherwise it's all good. Sonographer actually had to move me slightly upside down to get the baby out of hiding.  ;D he is still measuring ahead which is also reassuring.

Also got my whooping cough vaccine, so now i have a very sore shoulder!

i am not sure what is going to happen now that i am moving (next week). I've got all my scans and midwife appointments booked here so it will be a bit of work to try and transfer it all.

how is everyone else?

Offline S_Lauren24

modify
    « Reply #49 on: 25/09/19, 20:13 »
    Hey all sorry I have been quiet for the last few weeks, I've been quite busy and been rather tired, I meant to do a little update last Wednesday as that was my latest midwife appointment but in the end I didn't get round to it.

Aggie - I'm glad you have found a flat and I hope the move next week goes smoothly. We moved last December and I vowed I'm never going to move again! I'm sorry to hear you had a scare the other weekend, these babies like to keep us on our toes and guessing what they are doing in there. I'm glad to hear your 20 week scan went well. I found it so nerve wrecking when they were doing the measurements because they were so quiet but I just kept telling myself they were just doing their job. If he didn't give you much time to look at the baby you'll definitely have to have a scan at 24 weeks ;)

Londonwriter - I wouldn't worry about the baby kicking and seeing movement. I find there are days when the baby goes crazy and kicks like mad and I can see a bit of movement and then other days there is hardly anything and I start to worry. I'm happy to hear your IVIG went well, hope all is well with you this week :)

AFM - I feel like this pregnancy is dragging now, before my 20 week scan it seemed to fly and now time seems to be slowing down and I'm counting down the weeks until my matenity leave starts, only 11 and 1/2 weeks!
    I had my 24 week appointment with the midwife last wednesday and it was the same midwife I'd seen the week before and it was lovely that she remembered who I was and was asking about the movements of the baby. He has been moving on and off over the last couple of weeks, no pattern emerging yet but I'm not worried about that just yet, she told me his pattern should begin to emerge around 26 weeks which madly enough will be Saturday.

Me and my partner have requested to move to a different area as we aren't too happy to have the baby at a certain hopsital as it is under special measures, I had a phone call from the new hospital on Monday and have my first appointment there on the 3rd Oct which I was surprised about as it came around so quick. The midwives I've seen around here have been lovely and the woman I spoke to on Monday in the new area was rather rude so I'm actually dreading it, although I have been told if I don't like it I can transfer back to my original place so we shall see how it goes.

I had a little bit of a scare yesterday, I was quite calm until I told my OH. When I had been to the toilet and wiped I found a little bit of pink blood, it was the smallest amount but I rang the hospital (the hospital he doesn't want to go to) and they were lovely and reassuring, asked loads of questions and told me to put a pad on and keep an eye on it and if I had any more blood to ring them and they would get me in to be checked over. Luckily I had nothing at all for the rest of the night and I've had nothing today. I did say to my OH that I was sure everything was fine and it was probably normal but he completely freaked out. I'm glad I rang them though just to be on the safe side.

I'm still getting pain at the top of my belly every now and again. Everyone seems to be looking after me well when I get it, although to the point where it hinders me as sometimes I just need to move around to get rid of the pain but the girls in work won't let me do anything they consider harmful when I tell them I'm in pain.

How is everyone else doing? :)