* Author Topic: BFP Due Date - January/February 2020  (Read 15731 times)

0 Members

Offline whatonearth

modify
BFP Due Date - January/February 2020
« Reply #60 on: 19/10/19, 00:05 »
Aggie, it will probably be something insignificant. My son's school calls me at work and I panic and call back and it turns out to be to check whether I received a form. Really?!
I imagine if it were anything serious that your midwife would have left a message, or passed on your details to another midwife to pursue.
It's difficult to choose a pram, there is do much variety.
I boyght everything new last time, but did use my pushchair a fair bit with my son. I used to walk a lot with him, into town, to the beach etc.. And I works take our lunch etc and put shopping in it.
This time I just want something cheap that does the job.
I still have my sling, which was so handy for doing things at home. It meant my hands were free  great for small shops, or wandering around town.
it really depends what you think you will be doing, whether you drive, the size of your car, public transport, how much space you have for storage at home.
Have you made up a shortlist?
London is the decorating just painting or a full interior design? Sounds a bit stressful if it's being done in a hurry. Could you just go neutral and make gradual changes later, add furniture and colours when you had  have time to think about a colour scheme/style?
I'm impressed and terrified at your crawling, jump thing at Zumba.
You both sound very fit.
This pregnancy, I have been doing far less than normal because when I was going through treatment before and exercising it failed.
I thought I would try resting more and because it has been successful, I'm now scared to do too much.
The downside is that now I often feel tired and struggle to exercise on a regular basis.
Especially after a long day at work.
Oh well. I will do what I can and get back to it after I get my body back.
Oo, oo, prams! I have just bought a second hand pram which goes with my carseat. It was £75. Such a bargain. It is a Jane Trider. I loves it.

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline S_Lauren24

modify
    « Reply #61 on: 19/10/19, 16:55 »
    It sounds like there is lots going on around here lately. I really need to try and post abit more.

Aggie - try not to worry too much about the midwife it was an urgent situation I can imagine she would have tried contacting you again or left a message explaining a little about what is going on. I was meant to have my glucose test at one hospital I have been under on Tuesday but because we have changed hospital recently I had it done with them first on Monday, I forgot to ring and cancel my appointment so I had the midwives ringing quite strict asking where I was.

London - That is a little stressful for you with your MIL wanting you to decorate in a hurry. I'm really impressed with how well you are doing with exercise aswell.
    I will be honest I haven't done any exercise during my pregnancy at all. The plan was to go swimming but I just haven't got round to going. I completely understand what you mean whatonearth because I seem to feel tired quite often, I think maybe if I exercised more maybe I'd have that bit of energy.

I have brought a 3 in one travel system, I've brought a Cosatto giggle 3 pram which includes a car seat, a seat for a stroller and a carry cot bit. It was quite pricey but my in-laws said they wanted to buy us a pram so I thought I may as well go all out, I hope that doesn't make me sound selfish.
    We have had a lot of stuff given to us secondhand which I really don't mind, it is a great help.
    Today we have started painting the baby's bedroom. It is an utter nightmare, the previous owners had painted the walls a dark grey with ACDC things painted on top. I have decided I'd like to paint the room white.... biggest regret of my life lol. It is going to take us ages! I'm just comforted my the fact we have done one coat already so that is one coat down. Once we have finished painting the room we can start building some furniture and moving things around.

Offline Londonwriter

modify
    « Reply #62 on: 19/10/19, 17:40 »
    @whatonearth That sounds familiar... I deliberately exercised during the 2WW because I was afraid, if it succeeded, Iíd be too scared to exercise during pregnancy! I knew exercising didnít hurt my chances of conceiving because I was lucky enough to conceive my DS naturally at a time when I was doing more exercise than Iíd ever done before - or since. This was because I was about to cycle at ARGC and they had really onerous exercise restrictions during IVF. So I figured Iíd get loads of exercise in the month before I cycled... and then I conceived for the first time in three years.

@S_lauren 24 Iím absolutely exhausted most of the time, but I get a lot of help from my mum, DHís mum and DH. I also work from home and can control my schedule, to some extent, which helps with energy levels.

@whatonearth Itís a big redecoration job. There are two attic rooms - a big one that my DS is sleeping in and a smaller one that is currently being used to store junk. Not clear whether itís an interior design issue or not. Itís mostly 140 years of deferred maintenance! In my DSís room, the original lime plaster near the skylight was completely shot so the ceiling had to be repaired or it wasnít worth painting over. We also have had to repair most of the cupboard doors because, due to historical subsidence, the frames have dropped by at least 2cm over the last century (so, at worst, they donít close - or open).

The previous owner had done a rubbish papering/painting job in DSí room so the lining paper is now peeling off the walls in huge strips, thereís been an old leak near the skylight, and the previous owner had also installed a truly horrid carpet for sale (itís basically an upper-middle-class industrial carpet - so John Lewis, but a coarse, rope fabric, like in a school library or something). All the blinds are either broken, ancient and/or have hanging cords that could kill DS if he was left unsupervised - so need replacing before he moves out of a cot (weíve covered them with safety covers, but it would be better to remove them entirely). Likewise, the lampshades must be at least 40 years old and thereís a row of half-finished bookshelves with sharp corners (which weíve had to cover with plastic bobbles - again, to protect DS).

In total, it looks like a Ďbeforeí picture on one of those restoration programmes, but itís not unliveable - itís just unpleasant - and needs a lot of money to make it really nice (because of the sheer number of things that need replacing, and because the original lime plaster is unstable and could potentially collapse when the walls are relined).

Decor-wise, however, itís pretty easy. Weíve already done the hall/stairs/landing and restored the original Victorian conservatory (which has its original coloured glass) - so Iím porting the same colour scheme into the upstairs.

Offline whatonearth

modify
    « Reply #63 on: 20/10/19, 18:05 »
    Hey all,
    Lauren, I cant think why you didn't keep the ACDC, I'm thinking of getting something similar in my bedroom. :0)
    It is so hard to paint over other colours. I had trouble painting light magnolia over darker magnolia. I couldn't see where I had painted, especially under electric lights.
    So did you have the glucose test ? How was it?
    I have to have one  in a couple of weeks.
    I think I have seen cosatto prams about, are they usually quite colourful?
    I had quite a lot of financial help with my DS, he was the first grandchild. Grandparents usually like to contribute, don't feel guilty. It's coming from a good place usually.
    London that attic room sounds like a death trap. :o) i would probably kill myself by hanging on a blind cord then impaling myself on a shelf end. Your DS is probably a lot more sensible than me though.
    It doesn't sound like a huge effort to sort out the safety issues though.
    I was out with  my ds and his friend today and we had to walk up some awful some steps. I nearly died, just couldn't catch my breath.
    The whole breathing thing is so annoying. My boss was laughing at me for being so out of breath on the stairs at work weeks ago -- he doesn't know yet.
    I feel as if I should  be in a bath chair sitting on the seafront at Bournemouth.
    Have you all managed to adapt your eating  patterns to the new tummy size?
    I'm not getting the hang of grazing. Dont want to live on mixed nuts and rice cakes. Bleuch!

Offline Aggieblue

modify
    « Reply #64 on: 21/10/19, 20:55 »
    thanks so much about the advice on buggies. i don't have a car and i do intend to carry my baby on me as much as possible. but I don't have a great back so I would definitely need some travel system for longer walks. I really want to get one of those you can run with, but that's when he's a bit older. i'm keeping an eye out on gumtree and other second hand platforms for one to turn up!

whatonearth, i got a list from my friend who gave birth earlier this year, including items ticked off she will be able to give to me. i'm so glad as I am really not that well organised. hate writing lists!
    regarding exercise, I would recommend checking out Melinda Peterson on YouTube. she's got a series of 15 minutes pregnancy workouts week by week, I try to do them a few times a week, they're brilliant and easy, still you feel you've done something. they're also very varied so I never get bored of them. it's here: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDZGx1AfWz37ie0kshTmQ1YMSh0AILITV
    but i agree i am exhausted after work and now that my commute is even longer, it's even harder. at least getting to and from work for me involves almost an hour of walking altogether on both sides of the train and i always use my lunch break for a long walk as well.

Londonwriter, that decorating really sounds like a pain in the ****. i agree i would just probably get the minimum done and slowly working on it as and when you have capacity.

Lauren, wow you've got some work on your hands there as well with the dark walls. it's nice to get started though!

Offline Londonwriter

modify
    « Reply #65 on: 22/10/19, 09:33 »
    I really want to get one of those you can run with, but that's when he's a bit older.

I SOOOO wish Iíd got one of those. The BabyZen Yoyo is impossible to fold one handed (despite that being a selling point) and feels really unstable now DS is bigger. It also has teeny tiny wheels. This is part of the reason I donít use it.

I understand completely why you donít want to carry all the time with a bad back though!

With the renovation work/redecoration, itís never-ending. Itís not a couple of bad rooms - itís the entire house! Weíve done most of the hall and landing walls, the staircase, and the back room, but redoing the stairwell has left gaps in the hall flooring that weíre going to have to replace at some point!

Weíre spending all our spare money on renovation work and we think itís going to take ten years!! As a result, Iím doing a certain amount of work each year - as budget allows - and Iím going to have to do this with young kids, etc.

@whatonearth Iím lucky to carry very low so I didnít have problems eating in my previous pregnancy, and it seems to be going to the same way with this one. The downside was that I tore my transverse muscle (the one at the bottom of the stomach) because I had this weird drooping bump at the end of the pregnancy and my DSí head was pretty-much hanging down over my hips!

Offline Aggieblue

modify
    « Reply #66 on: 22/10/19, 10:34 »

@whatonearth Iím lucky to carry very low so I didnít have problems eating in my previous pregnancy, and it seems to be going to the same way with this one. The downside was that I tore my transverse muscle (the one at the bottom of the stomach) because I had this weird drooping bump at the end of the pregnancy and my DSí head was pretty-much hanging down over my hips!

i'm the same, very low bump (they even had to turn me a bit upside down on my last scan to get baby out of the pelvis). i wonder if a belt would help with that too as bump gets bigger?
    still i feel sick after eating every time. :(

Offline Londonwriter

modify
    « Reply #67 on: 22/10/19, 12:19 »
    i'm the same, very low bump (they even had to turn me a bit upside down on my last scan to get baby out of the pelvis). i wonder if a belt would help with that too as bump gets bigger?
    still i feel sick after eating every time. :(

The sick after eating could be hormones? I didnít get a belt last time as they seemed to be for back, not bump, support, but was thinking of doing so this time.

The one thing Iíd be careful about with a baby in the pelvis is scans later in the pregnancy. Basically, with DS, he was so low and head down that his head grew into a (temporary) cone shape. When we had a scan at 32 weeks, the dimensions of his head came out mega-tiny. Like he had a head at the 9th percentile and an abdomen at the 70%! We started worrying he had microcephaly and the consultant did another scan to ensure his head was growing properly.

Anyhow, when he was born, hey presto, his head - and everything else - was at the 50th percentile... Only thing was that his head was a cone, so the ultrasound must have gone through at a weird angle - hence, the apparently small head. His head went into a normal head shape after a couple of days.

Just wanted to save you the panic we had...

Offline ThePhysiosWife

modify
    « Reply #68 on: 22/10/19, 15:10 »
    Hello everyone.

So sorry for lack of posts here. Been meaning to do it for ages! Good to hear you're all keeping so well.

I'm 29 weeks today, and still on track for my 8th Jan due date. First pregnancy for me so I have nothing to benchmark it against but it's gone as well as we'd have hoped! We found out at 20 weeks that we're having a little boy, although now we are failing miserably to come up with a name we can agree on. I think we'll likely wait till he's born and then decide on what name he suits!

I've had a couple of niggles. I've always suffered with my back and I've found that it's getting progressively worse as the pregnancy progress. It's more towards the middle of my back rather than lower back so I think it's all about my posture so I've swapped my desk chair for one of those comedy birthing balls which is causing much hilarity to everyone else in the office because it's a lot lower than my desk chair so seems like I've shrunk a good few inches. Apart from the very dry skin and the usual heartburn it's been relatively plain sailing, although I am now starting to waddle a bit more and get super tired even after the simplest of tasks.

I had a GTT last week at my 28 week appointment with the consultant. My dad is type 1 diabetic so they've been monitoring me throughout but results have been ok so far. The consultant said she was happy with how I was doing so I could be looked after by the midwife from now on, although she has arranged for a 30 week scan for me next week so I could see how baba was progressing which I'm quite looking forward to!

Organisational wise we've been incredibly lucky and have been given an awful lot of stuff from friends and family! We did buy the Maxi Cosi adorra system  which although is a pram can be reclined fully so you can use as a carrycot for the first couple of months. Plus we've invested in a Joie i-spin 360 car seat which was astronomically expensive but can be used until little one is 4 so hoping it's a long term investment!

Londonwriter and Whatonearth - I absolutely feel you on the painting and decorating! We moved into (what will be, eventually) our dream home whilst I was on the two week wait but it needs SO much work sometimes I just don't know where to start. We've depleted our savings installing a new boiler and radiators and installing a shower (there wasn't one before, so I had to spend the first trimester bending over the bath to wash my hair!) and a new bathroom so we have made some progress but there's so much more left to do. It'll probably take us the next 20 years to do as we don't have a huge pot of money so work will have to be done bit by bit as and when we can afford it. Although the stairs definitely need carpeting - they are ridiculously unsafe and I managed to fall down them last night - thankfully landed on my bum so bump is fine but I've bruised like an absolute peach!

Offline S_Lauren24

modify
    « Reply #69 on: 23/10/19, 20:56 »
    Whatonearth - it took about four coats of paint but we finally covered the grey and have nearly finished painting the room. Today we painted blue on one of the walls which is hopefully where the cot is going to go when we finally get one! We just need to gloss the squirting boards but I'm leaving that to my DP to do.
    I had my glucose test and it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. The worst thing was waiting around for two hours. Loads of people told me the sugary drink they give you is awful but it's not that bad. I haven't had the results of the test yet but they did say if there are any concerns they would ring me. Cosatto prams are usually quite colourful, ours is a dark grey with foxes on it. I can't wait to pick it up from the store!

Physio - congratulations on it being a boy. You aren't the only ones struggling for names don't worry. We had a name set for a girl but struggling for names for our baby boy.
    I hope your back pain doesn't cause you too much trouble for the rest of your pregnancy.

AFM - As I said earlier in my post we have nearly finished painting the bedroom. We just need to gloss but I have concerns over painting with gloss whilst pregnant so my DP is going to be doing that. We do need to buy a cot, my mum is going to be buying us a cot I just need to start looking for cots first.
    On Saturday I will be 30 weeks! I only have 10 weeks left and that is crazy to me. I've got my whooping cough jab next Wednesday but I haven't booked my flu jab yet so I'm hoping they will do that for me at the same time, fingers crossed anyway.
    There really isn't much for me to update on for me. Just thought I'd come and see how everyone else is doing.