* Author Topic: Create Fertility St Pauls/Raynes Park  (Read 1042 times)

0 Members

Offline vkv80

• Un-Ranked
modify
Create Fertility St Pauls/Raynes Park
« on: 13/06/19, 13:58 »
Hi, I could really do with some help and advice. Iíve just started cycling with Create in St Paulís and could really do with talking to others that have cycled there or are currently cycling there. Consultants seem nice but I always see different ones and not the consultant I initially had my first consultation with. Iím considering moving to Raynes Park as I really want to see Dr Sweta. Can anybody please offer some thought and experiences of cycling with Create/protocols and success if any. Iím feeling really desperate as I donít know whether to cancel this cycle as I currently have 2 follicles but one may be a cyst.

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Amandacatherine

modify
    « Reply #1 on: 13/06/19, 15:12 »
    Hi; I am there but no success however I am 44 so a bit different. Donít worry about seeing different scan people each time as they are all qualified and very nice. Some are definitely better then others so you need to stay on the ball yourself and make sure they are checking properly for each follicle.
    What protocol are you on? I am doing natural modified so quite quick and doing 3 banking rounds as have to give myself best chance.

Offline Qpmz

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #2 on: 13/06/19, 20:03 »
    Hi I cycled at Create in 2017 mostly at Raynes Park as it was local. I went to St Paulís for the egg collections as I was doing PGS and they didnít do that at Raynes Park at the time. I much preferred St Paulís as it was a bigger, brighter, more modern facility and more anonymous/discreet. At Raynes Park, it was cramped and the waiting room was tiny with reception in the same area so anything you said could be overheard. None of these things would matter given a successful cycle of course but given the choice of the two venues I would definitely stick with St Paulís. I believe all the consultants confer with each other and record notes on their database so try not to be put off if you donít see the same one. 

Re: your current cycle, how many days have you been stimming? If itís early on, more follicles could appear before trigger time.

Offline vkv80

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #3 on: 27/06/19, 11:52 »
    Hi Qpmz and CathA,
    Apologies for the late reply, I didn't get a notification that anyone had replied to my post, and nobody ever has on my previous posts so I really wasn't expecting this! Thanks so much for taking the time to reply.

My cycle got cancelled on ET day, they scanned me before sedation and I had already ovulated! So back to the drawing board. I had a follow-up consultation on Tuesday which was a complete waste of time as they hadn't reviewed my case in the MDT meeting last Thursday so there was nothing to discuss. Needless to say, I was very upset.

I asked for the clinic manager to call me back, and she did later that day and said she would ensure this is discuss today and will get a consultant to call me back with a plan. I also spoke to Prof Cambell on Tuesday as I was so upset. He was very sympathetic and said that they need to monitor me more closely and suggested Dr Archana Ranganathan could see me for my next cycle, and she is always based at St Pauls so perhaps I could see only her. I don't know anything about her though, the Create website shows her picture but no further details.

Qpmz: did you have success with Create when you cycled with them?

CathA: Have you seen Dr Archana while at St Pauls? I am also doing Natural Modified 3-cycle package. So far very unimpressed with the chaos and lack of planning!

Offline vkv80

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #4 on: 27/06/19, 11:53 »
    sorry meant EC day not ET day!

Amandacatherine

modify
    « Reply #5 on: 27/06/19, 13:16 »
    How did you ovulate early? In natural modified they are suppose to trigger when lead is 16mm to stop this, was the lead more than this?Egg retrieval should be 35 hours after trigger, Also the certrotide should stop it.With me this cycle they did let the lead go to 19mm but that was because my hormones showed very low chance of ovulating and it let the smaller follicles grow a bit more. Who ever was monitoring you should have been looking at all of this and I also make sure to look at the computer every time as I want to see my own levels of hormones as the switching between doctors sometimes I feel they may miss something and at this stage I probably know as much as them.
    As for the doctor you mentioned I have never had her scan me. Generally I am happy with the scanner except for one occasion where I feel the doctor didnít scan me properly and I cancelled the cycle based on it but there suggested scanner is not her.

Offline hkd

modify
    « Reply #6 on: 27/06/19, 13:39 »
    vkv, I had natural modified cycles with Create St. Paul. I'm also surprised to hear that they didn't realize you were already ovulated until EC day. With scans, you did blood tests right? If I remember correctly the blood test results tell whether you are getting close to the ovulation. If you are, they should instruct you to take some pill to stop ovulation. It happened to me once. They called me and told me to take pills and do ovulation sticks.
    I hope you'll get some clear answers. xxx

Offline vkv80

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #7 on: 27/06/19, 15:00 »
    CathA & hkd - I was in every day (rather than every other day) for scans AND bloods. Apparantly there was no indication of ovulation, my hormone levels were low. They did prescribe me Indomethicin to take if they saw a rise in hormones, but they didn't see this so I wasn't advised to take it. They timed the EC for 35 hours after trigger, they scanned me a little before this and I had already ovulated.

My lead follicle was 17mm on my last scan before trigger, but what I did notice is that my lead follicle was already 10mm by Day5, I then started my injections. This lead follicle continued to grow very quickly and I was only on meds for 4 days!

The nurse just called me as they have discussed my case at the MDT meeting. She said they have agreed Natural Modified cycle again, but with closer monitoring. I am to have a scan on Day2 this time and progress from there.

To throw a spanner in the works I think my period is coming (5 days early!) and I have no meds! So now I have to get my prescription faxed to ASDA and do a mad dash there tomorrow...annoying as I had plans with my family for the next couple of days, wanted to go down to the coast and enjoy the good weather.

This is what I mean about Create being disorganised. If they had discussed my case last Thursday (like they should have), they could have told me the plan at my follow-up consult on Tuesday and I could have got the meds early. I really hope things improve this cycle.

hkd - did you have success with Create?

Amandacatherine

modify
    « Reply #8 on: 27/06/19, 16:28 »
    What you say seems normal. My lead follicle is always 10mm on day 5 and then I only do about 4-5 days of drugs as it reaches 16mm quite quick. Think it is good they were monitoring you everyday as I only get every 2 days so seems like they were keeping a good eye to the follicle. They did warn me with natural modified there is a risk of ovulating early but I have done 2 cycle and seems ok. I start again next week so letís see. I know what you mean about running around trying to get drugs. I use their stock service who home deliver but remember the clinic at Paulís holds some drugs so you could pick up a few days worth if you work near by.

Offline vkv80

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #9 on: 27/06/19, 16:45 »
    Thanks CathA, I feel a bit reassured that a follicle growing so quickly is normal! Although they seemed quite surprised by it too.

I get my meds from ASDA as they are a lot cheaper, for example Levothyroxine costs £9 at a normal pharmacy and only £2.50 at ASDA! I worked out over 3 cycles I can save £457...which is a lot! They have faxed the prescription today so ASDA can order the meds and I will pick them up over the weekend at some point once I've been in for a Day2 scan and collected my prescription (ASDA need the real one on collection).

I hate that I've started started my period so early, my cycle is usually between 24-25 days, last month was 28 days and this month is 21! so much for any beach plans we had :(