* Author Topic: Need Advice on OE or DE.....Turning 40 in July  (Read 2326 times)

0 Members

Offline miamiamo

• Gold Member
modify
Need Advice on OE or DE.....Turning 40 in July
« Reply #10 on: 24/05/20, 12:39 »
agree with Londonwriter, particularly in terms of reducing mcs x

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline Londonwriter

modify
    « Reply #11 on: 3/06/20, 08:52 »
    Dear @Londonwriter, hope you wouldn't mind me asking what happens to your embies that are PGS tested not normal? I heard that in UK it is not allowed to transfer abnormal embies once they've been tested? Many xxxx!

If they're slightly abnormal, you can transfer them at many clinics after undergoing genetic counselling about the implications. Severely abnormal embryos are not transferred. The genetic counselling issues didn't come up with me because my five abnormal embryos were completely mangled (multiple missing chromosomes plus bits missing). I only had one abnormal embryo with some fraction normal cells, and that was severely abnormal; beyond the point where they won't transfer.

The clinic disposed of the embryos. Or, at least, they should have disposed of them, but keep trying to charge me for their storage.

Offline ZC

modify
    « Reply #12 on: 3/06/20, 11:52 »
    Would suggest you seek out the help of a clinic and doctor that treats women 39/40 plus. There are significant differences in competency in embryos when treated with different protocols. As you have seen in your good retrieval.

Have a read of this link. Itís relevant and could be helpful. And in particular the part about Menopur and the effects on egg maturation and embryo quality.

I remember a new clinic changed me right to puregon and it was my best cycle at age 41.

https://haveababy.com/tag/estrogen-priming/page/2

I would suggest you find the right protocol and doctor and then consider. embryo banking and testing. Then you will have maybe lost 6 months and can move to DE when ready.

If you want to ask anything about DE message me directly.

Best of luck to you. 

modify
    « Reply #13 on: 30/06/20, 00:14 »
    Catlady, can you please post a link to the N.Cyprus IVF group?
    I've been searching for it but not found.
    Thanks.