* Author Topic: Antral count quadroupled without fertility stimulation - advise on IVF London Cl  (Read 922 times)

0 Members

Offline Postivevibes

So ladies. After 9 months ago or more at St Thomas's being told we have 1 antral folical either they were completely wrong which being as the woman who scanned headed up the donor program would not surprise me or I am a wonder of medical science. But this is not the case and I have more!

I am going to be 44 years old - this seems like such a long to no shot to me at this age to conceive with my own eggs and we were told not by St Thomas but another to go straight to donor. This delayed us from starting treatment as we were looking, discussing the implications. Last month we decided on a place abroad Reprofit for donor egg program. But things have changed since having this count I want some serious advice from you lovely ladies.

As of last week when I was scanned - I  now have a minimum of 5 antral folicals- ( 4 on 1 ovary and 1 large on on the other with also possibly more on the other ovary that they may have been unable to see). They are doing my blood tests this week to go along side.
this was an NHS clinic and I saw what they could see on the screen.

I have been doing 3 things differently
1) I've been taking Co- enzyme Q 10
2) Accupuncture twice a month
3) Eating organic food when I can
4) I've now started taking Wild Nutrition Fertility Food Growth

So my questions are - everything comes down to money We have a set amount of money to use to try enough for 3 rounds Do we

1) Try a round of IVF or are we being too hopeful?
2) Once accommodation factored in and flights it seems to be the same for 1 round of IVF as it is on the Uk as as we are not sure how long we have to be away for for this process of IVF, so are factoring in wages.
3) Which UK clinicis are good for IVF for woman over 40 that will do the process all in for £4000- £4500 no more (incl of drugs)

or should we go straight to Reprofit and do it with them?

And

Which NHS hospitals are the best for IVF?

Thanks in advance, obviously my blood tests will determine our final route as well so it could change but we are slightly more hopeful

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline Choupi15

Hi lokababy,

i saw many ladies did Tandem IVF , which is your own eggs and Donor eggs.  maybe a good option for you.

As for Clinic i am currently at Guys hospital and they are pretty good , but i know some ladies here have gone abroad like Cyprus , spain etc , they might help you.

Good Luck

Offline Flyby

It worked for me at 44 with my own eggs using Clomid for ovarian stimulation and doing embryo banking.

I was at a clinic in Greece so would fly over for a trigger shot and egg collection from around cycle day 8-12 each month, the eggs would be collected, I would fly back home while they would be fertilised and develop in the lab, then frozen.

I did this for four months in a row from April to July, then went back in September to get the first transfer and amazingly it worked!

I had tried IVF four times before this at the same clinic but we used injectable stimulation which I think wasn’t successful due to my age and egg quality. Then they had the great idea of trying Clomid and the good thing about it is that it allows your body to produce its own level of natural hormones which I think this it what helped me as we got blastocysts every time which had never happened before.

You should be able to read all my past posts if you click on my name and “show posts” in case you want to research more info that might help you.

Good luck!

Flyby.

Offline CatLadyTTC1

• Gold Member
    Hi

I had a failed uk cycle where eggs collected were immature (bad/mismanagement by the clinic imo) which forced us to try tandem in Cyprus as I wasn’t prepared to give up on my eggs and we don’t really have time to waste imo. The cost was 4500 euro for tandem plus 1600 euro for my drugs. I had 6 eggs collected all mature and all fertilised of which one made it to day 5 blasto and the donor had 12 eggs collected 6 of which made it to 5 day blasto. We had my and 2 donor blasto transferred over 2 weeks ago and have revived a positive pregnancy test just currently waiting on bloods to confirm the pregnancy. It’s all a very personal thing and the choice is yours.

For me we flew out Wednesday EC Thursday transfer Tuesday and flew back Friday but we made the decision to stay a day extra. You can of course fly in and out. There are lots of companies that fly to Larnaca some more expensive than others. DH is only needed for his sample so could go back if he is needed to work.

Hope that helps.

Offline ocdm19

• Un-Ranked
    It worked for me at 44 with my own eggs using Clomid for ovarian stimulation and doing embryo banking.

I was at a clinic in Greece so would fly over for a trigger shot and egg collection from around cycle day 8-12 each month, the eggs would be collected, I would fly back home while they would be fertilised and develop in the lab, then frozen.

I did this for four months in a row from April to July, then went back in September to get the first transfer and amazingly it worked!

I had tried IVF four times before this at the same clinic but we used injectable stimulation which I think wasn’t successful due to my age and egg quality. Then they had the great idea of trying Clomid and the good thing about it is that it allows your body to produce its own level of natural hormones which I think this it what helped me as we got blastocysts every time which had never happened before.

You should be able to read all my past posts if you click on my name and “show posts” in case you want to research more info that might help you.

Good luck!

Flyby.

Hi, @Flyby, sorry I haven't worked out how to message yet. I hope you don't mind me asking a question. of course you don't have to answer if you don't feel like. I have had 3 failed ISCI (latest one was IMSI) cycle in a London clinic. I am just getting myself ready for more rounds as just couldn't live with not trying. I will be 40 in 5 months time. I am interested in your "back to back" fresh cycle. My Dr. said he wouldn't mind doing fresh cycle immediately after a fresh cycle. Interestingly almost every one else on IVF forums said their clinic would suggest to wait at least 1-3 months before next cycle, so that the stim drugs get out of the body. Of course I noticed that you said your Cyprus clinic used Clomid (i have no idea what is it) instead of injections (Menopur in my case). the idea of doing 3 fresh cycles in a row in 3/4 months time is very attractive to me, as you know it obviously a massive time saver, before starting the transfer, in comparison to 1-3 months in between which takes 6-9months for 3 cycles. I jsut want to know taht the Cyprus clinic allow this because they have a different philosophy (like my Dr.) about back to back fresh cycle, or they only suggest this because of the different meds e.g. Clomid? is this what you would suggest to other women like me? Would love to know ;) Thanks for your time!

Offline Flyby

Hi there ocdm19, sorry I have only just seen this.

My clinic was called ‘Serum’ in Athens, Greece. I think the back to back cycles were only allowed as it was Clomid and we were freezing embryos. Clomid is very cheap and makes your body produce it’s own hormones to stimulate extra eggs, which, in my case, I think helped to preserve my egg quality.

After the last banking cycle (I did 4 in a row) I was required to have at least one cycle gap before we did a transfer, I think I left it for two cycles though.

When I was at the same clinic taking injectable hormones like you, I was always required to wait a month in between cycles as we were doing a transfer each time, so we had to ensure the most receptive uterine environment.

I hope this answers your questions.

All the best,

Flyby.

Offline Morganite76

• Un-Ranked
    Hi ladies!!

Interesting chat! I hope you could help me!

I have just been through ART with Bristol Center for Reproductive Medicine. I had 8 folicules (5 looking very good), only 4 eggs, then only 1 became a healthy 3 day embryo, none became blastocysts. I understand that I am old (43y, FSH of 19.6 and AMH 1,7 pmol/L). But somehow, I am not very happy with this outcome.

I do not have time on my side. My question to you is what IVF clinic would you recommend, including clinics in Europe. Moreover, I'd like to ask what is your opinion of using donor eggs.

Many thanks!!

Offline Delectable_Sunshine

There's a Doc who advocates low dose medication as best for IVF cos it helps produce better quality eggs but lower quantity. Dr Silber. (Mini IVF) https://www.social media.com/pg/InfertileCenterSt.Louis/videos/?ref=page_internal

Offline [email protected]

• Un-Ranked
    @Flyby Thanks for info on clomid egg banking info. Can I ask how may were collected and how long did they grow before frozen?
    Appreciate your time and help