* Author Topic: New Life Clinic Thessaloniki - Current Cyclers & General Support Part 7  (Read 14260 times)

0 Members

Offline nicholad

Good evening everyone
Thank you all for your messages. I am obviously disappointed but I am staying positive as we achieved implantation this time, first time with NewLife and proof that they are an excellent clinic (got nothing with my previous clinic). Chrysa said we can cycle period after the one that will arrive any day now. Then Christmas may get in the way so I may not cycle again until January maybe even February as I have a couple of weekend away a in January. Fingers crossed periods play ball timing wise and we can  squeeze a pre Christmas cycle in. I

Itís frustrating as I could have first cycled July but as it was close to summer NewLife holidays it was best to freeze and go for FET. Then my periods whet haywire for the first time in their 30 year career!!!  And here we are maybe having to wait a few months again.

Thanks Kitten so are you saying you had a chemical followed by a successful FET? Did you do anything different? The fact that you was successful following a chemical is comforting although I am sorry to read you had to have a D&C.

HKD, are you ready for your cycle? I a looking forward to hearing how the patches work for you. Fingers crossed for a lovely lining.

Hope you have all had a lovely weekend. Bye for now Nx

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline Kitten36

• Gold Member
    Nicholad thk u. Clinic added Clexane or their greek version of it cant remember the name. R u on it? Its a blood thinner injection once a day. I discovered i had some clotting issue (so blood too thick) throu a blood test clinic advised to do in case we missed anything. Also i took Folate instead of folic acid but i cant remember the reason why mind gone blank!😬. Im glad ur staying positive and hope u can squeeze a fet before Xmas. Xx

Offline justjazzyjess

Hi everyone, am new to the thread. Me and my partner are trying to decide which clinic to use for egg donation in summer 2020 and are so far very keen on New Life but not definitely decided yet. At the spreadsheet stage hehe.

Nicholad, sorry to hear you had a chemical pregnancy this time. I'm new to this process but wishing you all the best for your next try and hope you are able to squeeze in your FET before Christmas. I happened to read on your post that you weren't able to cycle in July due to the summer holidays - is that because New Life are closed in the holidays? Im just asking because that's when we are looking to do ours as I am a teacher!

Thanks and hope everyone has had a good weekend! X

Offline nicholad

Hi again

Thanks Kitten, I too am on an different version of Clexane as I had the test for blood clotting (thrombo something) and have MFHTR so need it plus I take folate now. I was just thinking should I test immune or just leave well alone and crack on and have my next FET and see what happens.

JazzyJess welcome to the board. I definitely recommend NewLife. They do close for a summer holiday but it is only 2 weeks. I cannot remember the exact dates but is was something like August 5th for 2 weeks returning Monday August 19th so I am sure you will be able to work around these dates. Hope this helps.
    Nx

Offline Kitten36

• Gold Member
    Nicholad i was exactly the same as u but as im in medical field i understood and believed DR D that that immunes issues and treatment havent been proven to work so i didnt bother with it. I read a lot of american research and most of the times when ivf fails is to do with embie having chromosomes issues either female or male side a high percentage is just from that. So i didnt throw more money into other tests as we already spent so much. Then on last fet of my first DE it worked and had my little girl. Have faith in them i really hope it was just the bad batch and next one will be the ones. How many embies u have left? X

Offline Kitten36

• Gold Member
    Nicholad forgat to add that i had the pregnancy that i had to have d&c tested it and came bk as male factor issue. That was my answer that a bad sperm fertilised the egg unfort wasnt meant to be. Thought that might help u understand my journey. X

Offline hkd

Hi ladies,

nicholad, Iím glad you are staying positive. I know the wait s*cks!  Really hope your af arrives asap and you can go FET before xmas.

justjazzy, hello and welcome to the thread. I think some Greek clinics close for summer holiday and NL is one of them.

Hannx, how are you doing? Were you able to figure out if you can do FET before xmas?

My scan is next week. Iím not sure how Iím feeling right now, but wondering if I can squeeze into one more cycle before xmas when my lining disappoints me again. Does anyone know when NLís xmas holiday is?

Stay warm everyone  :)
    xxx

Offline Hannx

Good luck for the scan hkd.

Welcome Justjazzy - summer closure can be a pain but they've reduced it from a month to 2 weeks now.

I heard from them this morning and we're going to try and squeeze one in this side of Xmas but it'll be tight as I now have to down reg.

Offline hkd

that's good news Hannx  :)

Offline nicholad

Hey girls, how is everyone doing?

HKD, wishing you lots and lots of luck for your scan next week. I hope the double patch has worked a treat and your lining is lovely. Yes the wait does suck doesn't it and you have waited so long to get to Thessaloniki - you'll be there in November for sure.

Hannx, I hope you can squeeze a round in pre Christmas - That would be great. I saw some Christmas decorations on lampposts when I was there although I think they may have been left over from the previous Christmas. It'll be a nice time of year for your visit.

When will the clinic close for Christmas this year? Does anybody know. Looking at my cycles there is no way I will be squeeze a round in before Christmas - if I have to wait until second period - then count 21 days for down reg and then wait a week for bleed and then start scans and meds.... I have no chance and then if I wanted to cycle in January there is a big clash so looks like ti will be February now.

Kitten thank you so much for your message as it has really given me the reassurance and faith that I required. Yes, who is to say that all eggs and all sperm are perfect as you cannot just tell from how the look through a microscope. And I agree with you re immunes which is why I am at NewLife in the first place as my last clinic gave me so many meds I rattled when I walked. I just had a small moment of weakness but am back on track and I do have so much faith in NewLife as you only have to read the many positive stories/ outcomes of ladies who are just like me - would like to be a mummy.

Have a happy Halloween all
    Nx