* Author Topic: New Life Clinic Thessaloniki - Current Cyclers & General Support Part 7  (Read 14338 times)

0 Members

Offline Hannx

nicholad - where do you get the scan and blood test done for the down regging part? I have to do that this time and am panicking about finding somewhere at such short notice as scans get booked up in my town ages in advance, it's hard enough finding a slot for the day 8 scan let alone day 2 or 3. I may end up having to go to London for it.

Also, they said to get a nurse to inject the Prostap but it's just an intramuscular injection like for the progesterone so surely DIY is fine?

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline nicholad

Hi Hannx, I did the Prostrap injection myself in the belly fat. I had done it myself before at my previous clinic too so didn't see the point trying to get nurse appointments. You can even do a search on a search engine for administering prostrap injection belly and there will be videos t view for reassurance you are doing it correctly.  It is very straight forward especially if you are used to injecting clexane in that belly region.

Re scans - I went to the The Birth Company on Harley Street. I paid for the full scan £150 and the scanner has a good look around, measures ovaries, lining etc and then when I returned on day 9 for my lining scan the scanner was just as through and yet this scan was only £100. I was wondering if next time I just ask for the £100 lining scan and save some pennies. The Blood test is literally a 5 minute walk from the scan clinic on Wimpole Street. Newlife will give you a referral form. It was all very straightforward.

I contacted Newlife today asking about Christmas closure and the message received said The clinic will be closed during the Christmas week and New Year's Eve. So is it just New Years Eve or the week of New Years Eve....do they also have New Years day off??
    Anyway have a good weekend.
    Nx

Offline justjazzyjess

Thank you for the warm welcome guys  ^hugme^ hope everyone is doing well   :)

Im feeling so confused at the moment as New Life are now saying my best option is to pre-run the egg donation cycle and have the embryos frozen to transfer when I am available during my summer holidays from teaching. I am available for only roughly ten days before the clinic closes for summer but they're worried that is too risky to try and do it as a fresh transfer then in case not everything goes smoothly with me/the donor etc and then it has to be postponed.

Every other clinic I have spoken to seems to be suggesting you can actually pretty much choose a treatment date and synchronise your own cycle with the donor for egg donation. But New Life said it all depends on the donor and my lining etc and I will only get a few days notice of the transfer date which admittedly makes more sense.

Feeling quite clueless and confused now as we were really keen on New Life but having to have a frozen transfer on our first try is not ideal!

Offline Hannx

Jazzy, freezing all on a donor cycle is their preferred approach as it makes it much easier to plan things. I was nervous doing it too as you always think fresh is best but I've never had a problem thawing them. It means your trip to Greece can be much shorter too.

Offline hkd

Hannx, when I needed to do down reg, I told NL I didn't have access to doc or nurse and they sent me youtube links how to do the injection. We watched them and DH did it for me. Let me know if you want those links.

justjazzy, I think NL uses a bit more cautious approach than some other clinics. After I had methotrexate for ectopic, NL told me they couldn't treat me 6 months when I had believed it would be 3 months wait (the doc gave me methotrexate told me a few months). NL also only uses top graded embryos unlike some other clinics because they believe quality of the embryo is the key. As we all know, there are always hiccups during IVF journeys and you may risk missing transfer opportunity with fresh cycle. It's possible your donor may not respond well on her medications, or you may not respond well on your medications (it's been happening to me and 2 cancelled cycles) I know they want you to have the best possible route to succeed.

Offline hkd

Result worse than the last time... do I have strength to continue?

Offline Hannx

hkd - oh no, you must be so disappointed. Has the clinic offered any other suggestions?

Offline hkd

just heard from the clinic, nothing, just continue with the same meds... want to quit now...

Offline nicholad

Oh HKD, Iím so sorry and upset to read this as I really hoped the patches were the key. Donít quit please. I know I suggested reading Agates file on here, not sure where you have read but if you go to the Immunes forum, then Immunes FAQ 2 and go down to 13.4.1 there is a very long section on improving lining. Take a look and see if any of the advice may help you.
    Take care Nx

Offline Missb1981

• Un-Ranked
    Hello ladies, this past weekend was very emotional.....our egg donor had her extraction on Saturday and then on Sunday we had to put our dog, of almost 14 years, down! Feeling a huge range of emotions right now! We got 13 eggs, 12 fertilized and as of today, day 3, we have 11 high quality embryos and 1 medium quality. We will get the final report on Thursday since that will be day 5. I think these are pretty good numbers.....much better then when I used my own eggs. Iím super exited but Iím also completely heartbroken!its very sad in our home right now.