* Author Topic: New Life Clinic Thessaloniki - Current Cyclers & General Support Part 7  (Read 14334 times)

0 Members

Offline Loulou4-

• Gold Member
Btway I've changed my username back. I couldn't get used to anything other than loulou lol

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline Kitten36

• Gold Member
    Loulou i asked before and they dont do it reasoning being its illegal to post. I took a trip there and got everything or maybe if someone on here going can get it for u? Or try Asda as they r bit cheaper although my local one didnt accept the prescription but i heard someone else on here got it. When r u going to cycle? Xx

Offline san2016

Hey everyone just wanted to say a little hello  :)

Had a busy time of things of late.

Kitten I have not managed to speak with the clinic yet although I do have a good few months to wait before I can start a new cycle. So will decide once I have spoke with everyone and I definitely need to do the Skype consultation first.

Congrats Rayna on the fabulous news off the twins that is brill, there seem to be alot of people on here that are getting pregnant with twins is this just a trend at the moment or is this always the case?

A question for anyone how many embryos will NL transfer and do people tend to get better results with 2 or more ET?

Will pop in soon to see how everyone is doing :)

Offline nicholad

Hi everyone. Iíve been reading through the recent posts and congratulations Rayna on your twins, fantastic news. This thread is awash with positivity and good news.Congratulations to others who have had good news too.  Treez, how are your little boys doing? A little update from me is our donor gave us 5 x AA blasts which have been put on ice and we hope to visit for transfer in September. I am very pleased with the results. The only small negative from me is I had a strange cycle this month. I think it may have been my first anovolatary cycle. I am usually regular as clockwork but this month was much longer. I am now 47 so I could be entering Perimenopausal stage arghhhh! I am waiting to see what the clinic suggests as I was hoping to down reg but am not sure what the protocol will be if my hormones and cycle have suddenly decided to go awol!! But fingers crossed I can use one of those fabulous AA embryos soon.
    I am on holiday at the moment in SkiŠthos, beautiful island. I hear there is a heatwave at home. Stay cool ladies. Best Nx

Offline Pinta

Hi everyone,

Hope you are all well! Sorry for the radio silence, Iím not sure where the time has gone but with 2 little ones and my husband working away, the time has flown!
    Lovely to hear all of the good news:

Amanda - congratulations on the arrival of your little girl! Hope you are now well recovered x

Luckymoo- glad the scan went well and team pink is great news!

Rayna- congratulations on your pregnancy and your double trouble! What a lovely surprise - itís funny when you take that gamble of having 2 put back as you never think itís going to happen but we shouldnít be surprised as NL has produced many sets of twins. Lots of the ladies on here will be able to give you some advice.

Treez - glad the babies are doing well and that the casts are working well for Phoenix - youíre doing an amazing job, itís busy enough with just 1 new baby!

Hope everyone else is doing well and welcome to all of the newcomers, I canít recommend New Life highly enough, they certainly made our wishes come true.

Our little boy is doing well - 15 weeks already which is scary as itís gone so fast. His reflux seems to be a bit better now and feeding has also improved massively after his initial tongue tie etc. Still on referral for his slightly enlarged kidney but weíre hoping the next scan might show enough of an improvement that he wonít have to any further treatment. Apart from that, heís healthy, putting on good weight and certainly very happy which is lovely to see.

I never get as much time to check in as Iíd like but I always love seeing how everyone is doing when I can x

Offline nicholad

Good morning everyone, I have a quick question regarding frozen transfer. A quick recap too... because our donor cycle was close to holidays NewLife suggested freezing all so that we can visit the clinic for transfer at a more convenient time. Has anyone also done this? What was the protocol?

NewLife has said that I can either cycle with my next mid August period which would mean transfer somewhere between 02/09 - 06/09 or wait until next  cycle and have transfer 27/09 - 02/10.

In my medication I do have a down reg injection so I was assuming I would do this and then when ready build up lining etc using the other meds. I have emailed Maroula, the Midwife. I was just wondering what everyone else did and why my potential dates are reliant on period ( plus with this months dodgy period I would worry it will be late again although Maroula did say that because I did eventually get my period it couldnít have been a non ovulation cycle).
    Thank you for reading and for any advice you may have Nx

Offline katkat2014

• Gold Member
    Hello lovely ladies, I hope you can help me. Sorry for the selfish post as I don't know your stories that well yet, but have skipped through the last pages already a little bit.

I have had what it seems like billions of OE cycles and all failed but one implantation, there must have been like 14 embryos including blastocysts that didn't implant between my ages 38 and 43 (now). I had a DE consultation with Newlife this morning and was mega impressed by them addressing all my questions thoroughly and being so efficient. One thing that puzzles me though that although I have so many issues (thin lining, mild adenomymosis, 100% abnormal sperm morphology etc) it seems they put the answer just into donor eggs. Has anyone here had lots of failed OE cycles with no/hardly any implantation and then Newlife gave them their baby on the first or second go with donor eggs?
    Also, I am blonde with blue eyes, fairly tall etc - does anyone have a similar profile and can tell me if they can match you easily at NLprofile bearing in mind they are all Greek donors? I could stick with my current clinics in the Czech republic due to cost, ease of travel, ease of match, but I feel I need a new approach and I really cannot continue going through lots of failed DE cycles now after all these years. I hope Newlife would be the right clinic for me.

Rayna, I think perhaps your history is a little similar to mine and you were successful - do you think it was the DE at newlife (I know you got pregnant before elsewhere), or was it the extra treatment yuo did for your uterus? I know it is difficult to pin it down, but what I am getting at is, do you think the NL approach to just look at DE and nothing else like NK cells, lining, mild adeno, bad sperm made sense to you?

Offline nicholad

Me again, just to let you know that all has been explained by Maroula at NewLife. I would be taking my down reg August and then transfer will be September. She explained the rough dates are just an idea and that they donít want me to be down ragged too long due to hot flushes etc. So looks like early September for us . Excited.

I am currently taking all the supplements but what other tips helped gain the positives. Last time I tried no wheat and no dairy (well I limited those a lot). What are your thoughts on coffee etc? I have one Americano a day and donít think I have that up last time.  Iíd be interested to hear what dietary changes helped.
    Many thanks nx

Offline Pinta

Nicholad- glad you managed to get the answers you need about your down reg and cycle. NL are really used to doing the prep work so you are in good hands.
    Re diet, I didnít give anything up particularly - I already donít eat meat or much dairy but I did make sure that I ate healthily in the run up to the transfer. I do drink coffee but only decaf (who can resist the Greek coffee frappes!) and I also included lots of nuts in my diet, particularly Brazil nuts (a couple a day). I also made sure I exercised regularly up to transfer and did lots of walking / swimming etc. I think itís everything in moderation and I donít really drink so that wasnít a hardship but itís also important to keep relaxed so make sure you go and out and have some nice meals and enjoy your time in Greece. Big fingers crossed for you!

Katkat - glad to hear you are thinking about NL - I found them to be great in every respect. Re the donor side of things, they couldnít have got a more perfect match for my son - he looks just like me. My second son is from a different donor and everyone keeps telling us how much he looks like my husband - at the end of the day babies mimic facial expressions and thereís also a lot to be said about epigenetics (have a read up if you get the chance) and I know nearly everyone in the forum whoíve had donor eggs, have been delighted with the matching process. My newborn is very blonde! Hope you have the chance to have some more chats with the team - Chrysa is really excellent at the matching process. Good luck!

Offline treezuk

• Gold Member
    • TTC#2
    I donít have time to repaint o everyone but just wanted to say to reply to Kat Kat.

Regarding the donor and the characteristics - Iím naturally blonde and blue eyed and my boys are both fair haired Iíd say dark blonde/light brown , one dark blue eyes and one light blue eyes , one looks like me and one looks like hubby (their DE and his sperm) our donor was light brown haired and green/hazel eyes , my hubby is blonde hazel /green eyes so trust me it works out just fine you would not even know the difference. Also I never did OE ivf but I had persistent natural miscarriages so thatís another reason why I decided not to try with OE with my numbers being so low.

Thank you for all your kind words regarding the boys and Phoenix in particular his doing okay his operation went well and it did what it was suppose to do his now moved to next stage of boots and bars but his hating it especially with this heat his not his usual self :( jett however seems to be loving the heat and has actually been less wingey than he is normally must be the Greek in him haha either that or he has aspirations to be an Ibiza clubber and sun worshiper when his older haha

Iím glad all is well with everyone and your all doing okay sorry I donít have time to reply to everyone x