* Author Topic: New Life Clinic Thessaloniki - Current Cyclers & General Support Part 7  (Read 14243 times)

0 Members

Offline Missb1981

• Un-Ranked
Well, just found out that all travel from Europe is banned for the next 30 days.....looks like my embryo transfer is being delayed again! Iím so sad right now!

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline katharina74391

• Un-Ranked
    Hi Missb1981, I was just thinking about you and all the other ladies that have their transfer planned during this crazy time, it must be so much more stressful than it already is.
    I was also sad to hear about the travel ban yesterday but couldn't you technically fly out to Greece as this ban is for incoming travelers only right? I also read that this doesn't apply to American citizens or residents coming back from Europe. Here is the article I read: https://www.king5.com/article/news/health/coronavirus/trump-coronavirus-address-fact-check/281-59d0df19-7c63-436b-b375-ad4d5d339c2b. Unfortunately though so many airlines are suspending flights. When were you planning to go?

Offline Missb1981

• Un-Ranked
    Hi Katherina, there is definitely some confusion on what exactly is banned. However, I do know that even if I did go, I would have to be quarantined for two weeks....and since I have a two year old...I couldnít do that. And on top of it all, I spoke with the clinic and they also decided we needed to cancel my cycle.....they donít even know how much longer they will be able to stay open. Itís all so surreal right now....I just got back from the grocery store and it was a madhouse! Everything was gone! Iím in Texas, so all the stores here are massive and for them to be empty is quite unreal. Iím guessing this is going to last for a few months.

Offline katharina74391

• Un-Ranked
    yea everything is so uncertain right now, I totally get that you don't want to risk anything in that situation. It's same thing for us here in Seattle, all shelves in all the stores are empty, many streets and common areas are deserted, it is truly surreal.

Offline Missb1981

• Un-Ranked
    Hi ladies,as Iím sitting at home doing my part to slow the spread of the virus.....Iím feeling so emotional! My journey of having children has been a very long, difficult and painful one! The day my son was born, through adoption, was the best day of my life. He is now almost 2.5 and I so desperately want more children, want my son to have siblings and I deeply want to experience pregnancy! Iím trying to stay calm and not let my emotions get the better of me but itís hard! Iím sure you all can relate! Iím in Texas and it feels like I will never get to Greece! Iím going to be 39 in May and this is definitely not how I thought I would be celebrating, if I can even call it that....Iím literally crying as I write this out. I have all my meds and tons of pregnancy tests just waiting for me......if you only knew how many pregnancy tests I have taken over the years......I so badly want to see those two little lines and to hear the heartbeat and to experience every part of pregnancy......as you can probably tell Iím a bit heartbroken right now. And then I feel selfish for having these feelings when so many people are going through something so much worse right now.....I guess with all these emotions from being infertile combined with our world as we know it being forever changed and people suffering all around us.....itís just too much right now and Iím having a moment of weakness. You ladies are really the only ones in my life who know what itís like. I hope you all are doing ok and staying healthy! I hope and pray that we all get those two little lines!

Offline Hannx

Hi all,

What a strange new world we're living in! I'm sorry for all of you who have had treatment postponed, hopefully you'll be able to start up again relatively soon. Has anyone heard from the clinic, I do hope they are all ok too.

As for me, I'm now 20 weeks and the anomaly scan showed everything is looking good and we're having a girl. I'm still sick every day with no sign of it disappearing so pretty much resigned to it lasting the entire time now, which is not fun. Keep well everyone.

Offline treezuk

• Gold Member
    • TTC#2
    Awww congratulations on a little
    Girl hannx amazing news

nothing much to report here stuck indoors like everyone else - babies are nearly 13 months now (on 22nd) we managed to have a very small gathering just close family for their birthday before the lockdown was announced the following day so at least they got to celebrate a little (Jett was sick
    So he wasnít really in the mood)

Sorry to hear about the cancelled cycle MissB at least you know that when you do go hopefully all this CV stuff will be behind everyone x

Offline Missb1981

• Un-Ranked
    Hello ladies! Just checking in on everyone! Iíve seen that Greece might be opening up as soon as June 15th! Eeekkkk I sure hope so!
    Hannx, hows the pregnancy going? You have been on my mind. I hope you are all doing well and that we all get to Greece soon!❤️🥰👶🥰❤️👶

Offline Hannx

Miss - I'm 26 weeks now and everything is ok. The sickness eventually mostly eased off a few weeks ago although I'm still sick on the odd random morning, but it's bearable. The clinic emailed today for an update so they are in work. Hopefully that means people can get started on treatment again soon.