* Author Topic: New Life Clinic Thessaloniki - Current Cyclers & General Support Part 7  (Read 14337 times)

0 Members

Offline katkat2014

• Gold Member
Hi nicolad, may I ask what your FET protocol is? Do NL give decapeptyl as a one off down-reg shot, then estrogen pills from when your period starts? In terms of diet and supplements, I have really tried absolutely everything under the sun and for me nothing ever made a difference. But I have never been pregnant beyond 5.5 weeks so maybe I have been missing the trick (but i  suspect it's all down to the euploidy rate rather than anything else; NL told me success is 80% down to the embryo). In terms of coffee, my nutritionist said one a day maximum. I personally drink only a couple a week in the weeks coming up to transfer just cause I don't want to negatively impact my blood flow.

Pinta, that is so reassuring to hear that they matched you really well. I have a good feeling about the clinic. Chrysa already followed up from our skype call a few hours later with a really detailed, impressive summary!

Treezuk, again thanks so very much for your feedback on the matching. It is really weird but I am almost more interested in the child having the same blood group as me  ^idiot^ as I guess it's the only thing that we will have a common in black and white on paper  ;D  I'd love a donor that was like me of course just to have a chance of the child having some sort of similarities, but as my partner is the opposite to me, the child may not turn out similar in appearance to me at all in any case. But overall I am far more worried if it will or will not work. And I still haven't gotten over the genetic side of things. This is so hard! Good luck with your little boy - must be so hard in the heat, but at least we've had some rain today (well, in London)

AFM, has anyone here ever done a natural frozen embryo transfer cycle and what was your protocol? I have lining problems (in particular when taking synthetic estrogen) and NL would want me on just patches/transdermal estrogen; but I am so worried my lining won't grow. Natural frozen embryo transfer will only be their secondary choice. I just don;t understand why?

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline nicholad

Hi Kit Kat. I will be taking the Prostrap down regulation injection and then I am to have a scan and blood test circa 10 days later. I will be taking progynova and due to my Thrombophilia tests a blood thinner injection like Clexane but this time it is a different brand/type. I am taking a down reg injection because on a previous FET cycle with a different clinic, I had a dominant follicle still even though I was taking medication to control the cycle in a medicated way.

Thank you for your advice regarding the coffee. Maybe this time I will stop it altogether and stick to herbal teas.

Ladies re the down reg injection, NewLife has asked for a nurse or doctor to administer the injection. With my previous clinic I did the injection myself. Did you do your own injections?
    Kind regards
    Nichola

Offline treezuk

• Gold Member
    • TTC#2
    Nicolad I always had someone else do it nurse at GPís x

Kat Kat - even if donor is your blood group the child could
    Still have different because of the father. I am O positive my parents are A resistance negative and A positive so it really doesnít matter in the end it comes down to what the baby ends up as x

Offline katkat2014

• Gold Member
    Hey treezuk you are totally right about the blood group of course. Need to remember that!

Nicholad sorry can't help with the nurse/doctor query, I've always asked my other half to do it - was easy enough and didn't even hurt (into the bum).

Afm maybe another question, anyone done a natural FET with Newlife before? I can't praise Chrysa enough, she has so much patience and answers every single one of my questions so thoroughly!

Offline treezuk

• Gold Member
    • TTC#2
    No worries at all - only did DE.

Offline Loulou4-

• Gold Member
    Hi ladies, has anyone had a hysteroscopy through new life or knows what the cost of this is? I will be speaking to them when they re open in few weeks but was wondering if anyone knew in meantime XX

Offline hkd

Hi everyone

san - have you decided your clinic?

treezuk - howís Phoenix?

Rayna - massive congratulations! how are you doing?

nicholad - are you getting ready for your transfer in September? I think Iím right behind you.

katkat - have you started your treatment with NL?

loulou - Iím not sure about hysteroscopy with NL, but hope youíve already got an answer from them or maybe soon.  Iím sure the clinic has massive emails after 2 wk break!

sry if I missed anyone

AFM, I had my down regulation injection yesterday. my butt is still a bit in pain lol  So according to my treatment plan, Iím doing an ultrasound scan on day 2 or 3 of my cycle.  I didnít think too much about it first but now realized that Iíll be doing the scan while bleeding!?!?  Has anyone done this? It feels a bit weird to me. Itís been a while Iím preparing for the transfer, thickening lining. Any suggestion on what helps on thickening lining?

Offline loveshoes

Hi everyone. I hope you donít mind me joining in. Weíve just made the decision to try our first DE cycle at Newlife, after four failed OE cycles in the UK. Iím just waiting for the London clinic we did IVF at to send my medical records so I can book in our Skype consultation.

Iíve been reading back through a lot of the posts on this thread and there are so many positive stories!

Offline nicholad

Hi everyone, I hope you are having a lovely summer.

HKD good to hear it is all systems go for you. I thought you have the scan during bleed when you are doing an OE cycle. I can remember doing this with OE but with DE FET it was a day 10 scan to check lining progress. I also remember on my DE cycle when I took a down reg, I waited a few days for period and then....hmmmm itís hard to remember because I down regged only on fresh DE transfer but I do remember the bleed scan was only on OE IVF. Maybe someone else can advise. Good luck to you for your transfer

New shoes, Welcome and hello, youíll be in very good hands at NewLife.  Fill in the forms you get sent and collate your medical records and have your consultation and they will definitely help you achieve your dream of being a mum.

As for me, my periods went a little off piste. I have always been 26/27 days and one cycle was 36 days followed by a cycle of 17 days! I was due to down reg August but the 17 day cycle threw me. Chrysa rand me in the middle of the holidays (she really shouldnít have) and we decided to ride this cycle out and I may have to go on the pill.  So now it looks like I will not be transferring until October. Such a disappointment.

Nx

Offline treezuk

• Gold Member
    • TTC#2
    Hi all - sorry for lack of posting lifeís getting in the way and busier everyday.

Nicolad glad to hear that your doing okay but sorry to hear youíve had to ride this one out hopefully next month will go to plan.

HKD - all the best for this coming cycle and thanks for asking about Phoenix his doing better weíre  in different pair of boots now and his finally settled :)

Love shoes - all the best and lot s of luck you wonít regret choosing Newlife , my boys are my world all three of them and to have got twins from our cycle at NL I couldnít be happier :) keep going you will get there it took me 4 transfers to get my miracles x

The boys are 5 months today , madnesss to think 5 months has passed already x