* Author Topic: New Life Clinic Thessaloniki - Current Cyclers & General Support Part 7  (Read 14254 times)

0 Members

Offline Kitten36

• Gold Member
Hi Angel. I had my DE cycle, first was BFN, 2nd was BFP but no heartbeat developed so had to have d&c. My period didnt return for a month and a half when usually comes on time but i guess maybe due to d&c. Anyway i cant remember exactly but i think i had it induced as i was on the pill then told to stop then period returned. Maybe without that it may have taken longer to return to normal not sure. But to give u hope that last fet worked and had my first baby! Trust Chrysa she knows what she is doing for sure. Good luck let me know what u decided to do xx

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline hkd

Hello ladies,

Haley, massive congratulations on your baby boy! Enjoy every moment with him  :)

Rayna, wow another twin pregnancy! congratulations!

Angel. Iím so sorry for your BFN. I understand you feel conflict. In fact, I just started taking a medication to induce a bleed after a cancelled cycle.  Itís great to know a successful story from Kitten.

AFM, Monday scan didnít show much growth, 0.1-0.2mm so continued taking estrogen and did scan this morning and lining got thinnerÖ4.6mm  :o  so this cycle has been cancelled.  I was disappointed but glad I wouldnít have to go back to scan anymore. It was depressing to see the poor scan results so many times after spending £150+ (scan & trains) each time!  Now need to wait for my bleed to start probably in a few weeks.  awwwww my weak mind is craving for caffeine and a glass of wine...

Have a lovely weekend everyone!

Offline nuttynat1982

• Gold Member
    Hello! Can I join you all! Iím going to be cycling with Newlife in the next few months. This will be cycle #11 for me my 6th fresh cycle, Iíve sadly previously had 4 m/c but weíre hoping with Dr Gorgy in London dealing with my immune issues and Dr Dovas looking after everything else that weíll finally get past the 8 week mark and have our rainbow baby! This will be my first cycle abroad having previously cycled with St Maryís and Care in Manchester. Any advice will be greatly appreciated x

Offline loveshoes

hkd - I'm really sorry that your cycle didn't go ahead. Fingers crossed you have all the luck next time! I can't believe your clinic charged you for your medical notes! Was it NHS or private? Mine came eventually, all 150 pages of them  :-\

hannx - it's a shame you won't be able to make a holiday out of your trip but exciting that it's it's happening!! What date are you booked in?

treezuk - thanks for the positive words! It's lovely to hear that you've had such a happy outcome :-) There is hope for all of us  ^pray^

Hayley2015 - massive congratulations on the birth of your baby boy, you must be over the moon!!

nuttynat1982 - welcome! Have all your transfers been DE or OE too?

AFM - I had a lovely relaxing week in Crete during which my old clinic finally emailed my medical notes over to me. New Life has got these now ahead of our Skype consultation on Tuesday. I'm assuming that they will lead the conversation but if anyone has any advice on anything specific I should be asking then do let me know! I'm super excited to get started :-)

Offline nicholad

Hello everyone

HKD - I'm so sorry to read your cycle has been cancelled. I was rooting for you as we are quite close in cycle timings and so I really hope that the next cycle goes perfectly for you.

Hayley2015 - Big congratulations to you.

Rayna - I was reading some old posts earlier, looking for information, and saw some from you where you was not very confident about having a positive result and wow look at you now - 16 weeks - how time has flown.

Loveshoes - Consultation tomorrow - exciting, Dr Dovas and his team are very informative and you will coming away feeling very positive.

Hannx - good luck to you and I hope this cycle is the cycle that works.

Angel_delight - talk to me about dodgy periods. I have been regular as clockwork all my life and then my July and August period which was when I was supposed to be down regulating decided not to play ball. One long cycle 36 days and one short cycle 17 days. This was followed by a 21 days cycle to which NL said that cycle is normal and I could down reg on day 21. Your scan showed everything is normal so i believe your period will arrive. In my own cycles when I  ovulate I can time my period because it arrives 15 days from day of ovulation - I have a 15 day luteal phase.

Hello to anyone else I have missed.

AFM - I took the down regulation injection last Friday and am waiting for my bleed. You may remember I asked about having a nurse inject but I ended up doing it myself as I had used Prostrap before with my old clinic and they supplied a video on how to inject into belly. Job done :)

I was looking through old messages earlier as I had enquired about supplements and I think Destined advised on certain supplements including turmeric but said to stop the turmeric at some point. She is no longer on the thread so I couldn't see the message. Does anyone know if I need to stop turmeric when I start meds?

So - hopefully if period arrives this week and scan goes well - meds will commence and I could be in Thessoloniki next month.

Have a good day all.
    Nx

Offline nuttynat1982

• Gold Member
    Hi Loveshoes!

All my cycles have been OE, Iíve had PGS previously So we know I make some normal embryos

Offline hkd

Hi ladies,

nuttynat, welcome!  Iím so sorry for your miscarriages. Itís going to be another adventure to start a new treatment in abroad. Although I havenít done any transfers at NL yet, it sounds like you are in good hands, Dr. Dovas and Dr. Gorgy!

loveshoes, How did your consultation with NL go? Did you get all answers you wanted? Iím glad to hear you got all your notes  :) Oh my, 150 pages :o  The clinic charged me for my notes was a private clinic in London. I was on a 3 cycle plan with them. At least they refunded me some after I cancelled the last cycle.

nicho, your AF is coming anytime soon!! How exciting!! Good job on having the injection done. I didnít fancy the injection at all and its needle was soooooo huge! Luckily my new protocol doesnít include the down regulation anymore. Iím not sure about turmeric, but you can always ask the clinic. I asked them about the supplements Iíve been taking to see if any of them could have affected on my poor lining. They told me to send all the ingredients of the supplements and informed me which one would be better to stop after the transfer. Now Iíll be following you, nicho  ;)  May I ask where you normally do your scan? Do you go to London?

Offline nicholad

Hi HKD, just a quick reply re the scans. I havenít booked one yet as I am waiting for period to arrive but will probably go to London for it. On Harley Street there is a birth company and an ultrasound direct. Iíve been to both. I work in London so am there in the week. I have also been to an ultrasound direct near Milton Keynes before. I find when you need to book more local places (to home) at short notice there are no appointments. I think you mentioned Cambridge in a post once. I too am from the region and I did find a scan company in Cambridge  but thought it was too expensive compared to others.

I am dreading if my period comes tomorrow or Friday and have to find a scan at the weekend.

Take care Nx

Offline Hannx

Hi all,

Just a quickie to say 2 on board so PUPO! My blood test falls on a day when I'll be in London for work, can anyone recommend a central clinic to use?

Offline loveshoes

nuttynat1982 - that's positive! Fingers crossed New Life can work their magic and make this your lucky one!

hkd - I was a private patent at a NHS hospital so maybe that's why they gave me my notes for free...  :-\

Hannx - yay, congratulations on being PUPO!! Although I do live in London I haven't had to have any blood tests done yet so I can't recommend anywhere I'm afraid. Hopefully one of the other ladies can....

AFM we had a great consultation with Dr Dovas & Chrysa on Tuesday. They were so nice but also super informative. Chrysa sent me the notes yesterday and I've confirmed that we're going to go ahead and it looks like we'll be heading over late November for the first round of tests, my scan and for my other half to give his sample to be frozen. Chrysa wants to scan me when I'm mid-cycle, I'm wondering whether to wait until nearer the time to book my flights, incase my period doesn't come when I expect it to..... Although if I book now the flights will be much cheaper. What did you all do?
    Then, all being well, we'll plan the transfer for my end of January bleed.