* Author Topic: New Life Clinic Thessaloniki - Current Cyclers & General Support Part 7  (Read 14332 times)

0 Members

Offline Pinkie3

• Gold Member
Hi ladies, a bit of an older timer here that hasnít been on for a while.

I wanted to pop on and say Hannx I am really sorry to hear about your bfn. They donít get any easier do they. Is this your 7th cycle with Newlife? I agree with what you say about immunes and that it is a numbers game but when does it stop? when is it enough? I am sorry itís hit you hard emotionally, I think we always have that hope that this could be our time and itís awful when that hope is taken away. I donít know if you remember but back in January I had my last frozen embryos transferred and it didnít work. I have my miracle son from my 6th cycle and was devastated that it was the end of the road for me. I desperately wanted to try again but DH was set against it. We took some time out, I tried to accept it and move on but struggled. Cut a long story short last month our previous donor donated again, we got 4 top graders but I got a BFN on Weds. Like you, itís hit hard, I feel mad at myself believing it would work and terrible that I basically forced DH to go again, why couldnít I just accept it and move on? Like you Newlife donít want to change anything as Iíve had a live birth and I do agree. I have 2 frozen embryos and I am going straight back on the meds after this bleed and getting them transferred. On Weds when I got my results I said I wasnít going back but I know I would regret it. This will be my 9th cycle and will 100% be my last ever one. Like you I feel too old, itís been 9 years and more money than I want to admit. Either way, this cycle will put my infertility journey to bed once and for all. Be kind to yourself today and take some time to grieve xx

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline Hannx

Hi Pinkie, i certainly remember you and how devastated you were when your DH wouldn't try again. So sorry to hear about your latest cycle.  :'(

My DH would also have stopped but I pretty much made him agree to another donor cycle. You may remember that I have teenage twins (IVF) from a previous relationship and I'm also a few years older than my DH so on the one hand I don't feel that I need a baby yet on the other I feel pressure to give DH one of his own. I'm 42 so don't feel that we can have a break and try again in a few years.

We did 3 OE cycles in the UK (and ironically got a better success rate with 2 BFP, albeit not long lasting) and have had 4 at NL. The first was a BFP but blighted ovum so based on that they don't see a need to change anything.

In March I went straight from a BFN into another cycle and I regretted it so would take a break for a month if I do go again (probs will but was feeling sorry for myself when I posted yesterday!)

I've had 10 transfers since 2004; never thought I'd still be doing this so many years later! And can I just add that I am heartily sick of visiting Thessaloniki!

Offline treezuk

• Gold Member
    • TTC#2
    Hannx & pinkie Iím so sorry to hear both of yours troubles and sadly BFNís I understand myself the heartache I got pregnant after 4 transfers but I was at the point of giving up when we got pregnant but I had to call time at some point I just was very lucky that it worked that last time or who knows where Iíd be now x

Offline Pinkie3

• Gold Member
    Hannx, since 2004 wow, no wonder you are fed up and I totally agree about being sick of visiting Thessaloniki haha. I hope youíre feeling a little better after the weekend? I am still waiting for my period to arrive, itís never taken this long before. Can I ask why you regretted going straight back to another cycle? I did think about waiting another month but so many things are going against me. We want this done one way or another by the end of the year. Have you spoken to the clinic yet?

Treez, thank you  :-* sorry I havenít been on here, itís been a difficult 6 months. I have been keeping up and reading your updates, I glad to hear everything is going well with the boys and hope you are enjoying family life.

Ladies, please donít be put off by my BFN, Newlife have a very good success rate and gave me my beautiful boy that I will forever be grateful for. Iíve had two successes with NL unfortunately the first was ectopic but I donít understand why my other embryos have not been successful and they do think itís a numbers game, which I partly agree with. However I do feel they need to change up their protocols for the people that have multiple fails as itís clearly not working, NL only like to use scientifically proven methods, so when things donít happen it gets difficult.

Good luck to everyone, I hope they make your dreams come true xx

Offline Hannx

Pinkie, I think it was probably more due to the travel as I flew in at midnight and out at 5pm the next day so was knackered. I also worried that not having a break might have affected the outcome. I'm probably going to just copy you though as I too want my life back so could feasibly do another 2 before Xmas.

Offline Hannx

So, in a complete 180 I'm going again straight away! Dr D sent through some advice on possible further testing but it was really a choice between spending hundreds of pounds on a test he thinks unlikely to show any issues, but that would mean any embryos could be genetically compromised, or just using the ones we have left and hoping for the best. There's also a test I could have re the best day to do the FET but he didn't recommend it.

Just waiting for a bleed; I was on injections of PiO this time and it seems to be taking longer to get out of my system. If it's in the next couple of days I'll cycle straight  away otherwise I might have to wait until Nov as I have a couple of dates I have to be in the UK later this month.

How is everyone else getting on?

Offline loveshoes

Hannx - love the change of heart!!! All fingers and toes crossed that this next one is a THE one 🤞🏼.

AFM, Iím just waiting. My boyfriend has to go for a blood test to prove his blood group, which heís going to do this week, then the clinic will start searching for a donor. We are planning on doing an FET in Jan/Feb so not much going on until then, other than popping over for our preliminary tests later next month.

How is everyone else doing?

Offline hkd

Hannx and Pinkie, Iím really sorry to hear about your bfnsÖ I can feel your devastation after so many tries. I'm already super scared of this transfer (of course if my lining ever gets thick enough) Hannx, I think Dr. D was talking about ERA test? I did ERA test at the previous clinic and showed the result to him but he said it is not liable because the result changes cycle by cycle. I was on down regulation depot on the previous cancelled cycle and AF arrived 6 days after stop taking progesterone. Hannx and Pinkie, lets stay strong and pray  ^pray^ for your coming cycle to be the one!

loveshoes, I know the wait is so hard! I hope youíll have your donor by the time you visit the clinic next month  ;)

I have a question ladies. have you had some hair loss during estrogen therapy?  ^idiot^

Offline nicholad

Good evening ladies - hello to everyone
    So Sorry to read about the bfn results pinkie and hanxx. I truly hope you find that positivity in yourselves and can cycle again soon and fingers crossed you are successful next time. Does Dr D give you cycle feedback? What does he think is the reason behind the failures? My previous clinic would just say itís a numbers game.....I was fed up of hearing that!

HKD - how are you doing? Are you getting ready to cycle? Fingers crossed your lining plays ball this time.

AFM, I had my lining scan today which is 9.2mm. Looking at my last clinicís time line I had guesstimated that if lining is good I would be going for transfer day 17 or day 18 of cycle (since start of meds) which will be next Thursday or Friday. The clinic has informed me transfer will be Monday 14th October which is 21 days since I started meds. I donít know the ins and outs of lining preparation but is 21 days a long time.

Can I ask what cycle day (from the day you started meds) did you guys have your FET?

Also, where do you like to stay in Thessaloniki? Flights are quite pricey at the moment and as transfer is on a Monday Iím thinking of flying out Sunday arriving Sunday 10:30pm ish. Are taxis etc ok? Iím thinking would it be ok to travel alone and leave partner at home? I could then maybe fly back the Monday night.

Thank you in advance for advice.
    Nx

Offline Hannx

Hi Nicholad, I had transfer on day 22 this time. First time was 17 or 18 though. Taxis are fine, there's a rank outside arrivals and it's around Ä20 to the city center. I've gone alone for all my transfers and get the bus into town now if it's daytime.