* Author Topic: New Life Clinic Thessaloniki - Current Cyclers & General Support Part 7  (Read 14336 times)

0 Members

Offline nicholad

Thank you Hannx for replying. Can I ask why was you day 22? I think I will ask the clinic what has determined the day 21 transfer for me if lining is ok.
Nx

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline Hannx

That's what they gave me. I'm not sure why it was so late, I was expecting a few days earlier as it fell on a Thurs so the weekend wasn't to blame. I don't think it really matters though as you start the progesterone 5 days before transfer so as far as your body knows, that's 5 days after ovulation would have occurred.

This time they've asked if there are any dates to avoid which implies it's more of a scheduling decision to fit around how busy they are. The first time I went they gave me a choice of day 17 or 18 so I could book convenient flights.

Offline treezuk

• Gold Member
    • TTC#2
    Pinkie - thanks hun itís all going well just started weaning now and thatís great run with a raspberry blower and a spoon thief 😆😆😆 but itís all good fun lol

Iím really sorry I donít have time to reply inductively but I am always reading watching and wishing everyone well.

I did back to back once with a months break inbetween and I probably shouldnít of but I think sometimes the want of trying takes over s little I was also a bit sick of Thessaloniki , I think the issue is there isnít much there so itís not like you can see different things everytime itís much the same same.

My friend from the states just got pregnant with her 2nd transfer with NL and another friend is currently in her cycle now so hang in there - they have changed their protocols slightly since I did it they now have introduced progesterone shots twice a week so my friend tells me

Offline Missb1981

• Un-Ranked
    Hi ladies! My husband and I just got back from visiting New Life, we are in Texas....so it was a long trip! We decided to go there first so my husband could leave a sample. We are using donor eggs and we just found out yesterday that we have been matched! I am sooooo excited! Weíve decided we will be transferring two embryos in January. My hubby is terrified of twins but Iím secretly hoping for them! Just curios, how many of you all are using donor eggs and were you successful on the first transfer with New Life? I e gone through the whole ivf thing here in the states, using my own eggs.....it was a nightmare! Iíve never given birth but we do have an amazing and beautiful baby boy through adoption. Heís getting ready to turn 2!

Offline nicholad

Thanks again Hanxx for your reply. Hello to everyone  :)

Just an update on my concerns...I sent an email to the clinic with a list of questions re why a late transfer (in my eyes only) and they telephoned me immediately and put my mind at ease. The clinic are excellent in that respect as they will telephone you rater than send an email to answer your queries as it is easier to explain.

So we are on for day 21....which is Monday 14th  ^reiki^. I have booked the flights and now just looking at hotels. When I initially visited the clinic in May I had a mini holiday to Halkadiki so didn't get to visit the city so I am looking forward to visiting Thessaloniki. I saw so much of Athens with my previous clinic...such a large and busy city I have heard that Thessaloniki is quieter and much smaller - perfect.

Missb1981 - glad you had a great trip and roll on January for you guys.

Where do you ladies stay when visiting the clinic - do you stay close by or in the centre.

Have a good weekend all.
    Nx

Offline Missb1981

• Un-Ranked
    We stayed at the grand Hyatt. It was wonderful and very relaxing! If you get a chance, you should absolutely go see the monasteries in meteora! There is nothing like it! Good luck on your transfer!🙏👶

Offline Rayna2015

Hi girls firstly Iím sorry Hannx I did 10 transfers since my son and last one worked. I know what itís like to feel drained by the process. I did incorporate immunes this time and they may have made the difference or the change of clinic it was our first with newlife miss b!  Hkd,love shoes, nicholad and anyone Iíve left out (on phone so canít see) the best of luck. I had lost hope did 5 oe cycles and 12 de. 2nd de worked at a different clinic and I got my amazing son but 9 more after him failed. We moved to newlife as a last go and Iím expecting twins! Trees hope all going well
     Oh I stayed at the modernist, v central and cool. Loved it plus a lot cheaper than the popular hotels

Offline Rayna2015

Pinkie good luck for next go x

Offline Hannx

Hi,

I've stayed at the Modernist twice, it is fab but there are no mugs in the room so if you want to make a drink you'll either have to use the tiny espresso cups or save a paper cup from the cafe below. I've also stayed at the City Hotel which is on the other side of the main square but also cheapish and nice, plus you get a mug! Don't be put off by the pictures, it all looks a bit jungle like but it's really ok.

Offline Kitten36

• Gold Member
    Hi everyone. Sorry ive not been able to keep up im working full time plus kiddies keeping me v busy they get more active every day.

Hanx and Pinkie im so sorry u had bfn but rooting for u for ur next fet. For my both cycles only last tx worked so im hoping its the same for u ladies. I too did back to back and it worked good luck to both of u ill be keeping an eye for ur updates.

Regards hotels i stayed at makedonia palace its near everything the sea, the pubs/restaurants, shops etc. I also stayed at hyatt a bit more secluded but it has everything on site a pool, relaxing gardens but a bit more expensive. It suits someone who has seen thessaloniki and just wants a quick relaxing trip close to the clinic and airport too.

Welcome to the new ladies! Miss1981 lots of ladies have been lucky on their first tx with donor on here but some of us on 2nd or last fet. Good luck for next Jan hope ull get the twins u dream of. Xx

Regarding clinic protocol i got lucky after i introduced clexane to my cycles not sure if a coincidence but i know i have a slight clotting issue so thinning the blood maybe thats what helped towards my both bfp not sure but worth asking clinic if any of u ladies not on it yet. I also took some vitamins vit E, Vit C,  tesco pre pregnancy
     Multivitamin and vit D as not much sun in the UK in the winter months. Hope this helps ladies good luck to ladies cycling soon xxx