* Author Topic: Moving from IUI to IVF, same sex couple.  (Read 1944 times)

0 Members

Offline LadyMac2019

modify
Moving from IUI to IVF, same sex couple.
« Reply #20 on: 5/03/20, 15:30 »
Offical test date today and it was negative, as expected.

I shared concerns about family history (family member has had many miscarriages - no tests as had 1 sucessful pregnancy) and I am concerned. The nurse asked if I had any tests in relation to this and I haven't.  I will share this information at the consultant review.

It had been on my mind before but I guess there were a couple of things that stopped me mentioning it. One being that a single failed embryo transfer would not necessarily indicate an underlying health issue, so why would the NHS investigate at that stage.

So I've ordered some blood tests from Thriva in the meantime (Thyroid profile, Thyroid antibodies, vitamin D and another couple of tests were included). I should hopefully be able to have the Thrombophilia screen via the NHS. I may also book the endometrial biopsy with Prof Quenby at her implantation clinic.

I was previously tested for celiac disease and rhumatoid arthritis. Both negative.

I wish things were simple! My partner and I were really upset at the weekend when I started bleeding but weve consoled each other and we've accepted what has happened this round. Onwards and upwards for now. It's time to do some things we enjoy this weekend. I've got some social stuff to look forward to as well as a few days in the South in a log cabin very soon. We're also going away for a few days next month.

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline LadyMac2019

modify
    Moving from IUI to IVF, same sex couple.
    « Reply #21 on: 21/05/20, 19:27 »
    Dear Diary it's been a long time!

Thyroid tests were all ok. No antibodies and TSH under 2.5.

We had the review and before the next cycle ill have a thrombophilia screen, Thyroid profile and endometrial scratch.

One thing we discussed first review is bleeding early. The consultant at the first review wasn't concerned explaining that 3xutrogesan per day would provide adequate progesterone. I changed to lubion (with a bit of persuading!) last cycle and I still bled a week after embryo transfer.

After some discussion, my partner and I decided to have a consultation with a private clinic (really good one according to reviews/hfea statistics). The consultant said bleeding 7 days after transfer is indicative of a luteal phase defect. We've got a plan around how to treat this problem  ;) and fingers crossed it's only this that's stopping us getting a sniff of a bfp.

This consultant wasn't convinced NK cell testing would be helpful in my case (but I can pursue it if I really want to).

He said the biggest thing that stands out is the early bleeding (we will address this as part of next cycle). Secondly, I should have a chromosome analysis before next transfer in case there is a problem (family history of miscarriage). He thinks the scratch is a good idea.

So since then I've had a chromosome analysis testing (at private clinic - need to rule out unbalanced translocation). Results 3 weeks time.

Sadly, no date for NHS clinic resuming treatment yet.