* Author Topic: Could my brown/pink discharge be caused by Thrush?  (Read 324 times)

0 Members

Offline Cakebaby

Hi there,
I'm really hoping someone could help me. I'm 5w5d and have been having brown/pink discharge continuously for a week. The last couple of days I've felt a burning sensation when I wipe, so I went to the doctors today and she said it soubds like thrush. She's given me some cream to help solve it. But she didn't have a look and just said if it's any worse in a week to come back. Kind of wished she did have a look to see if she thought the bleeding was due to the thrush or not. I called my clinic middle of last week due to the bleeding which they said as it isn't an active bleed then they won't see me. They also said they won't do bloods if it isn't bleeding heavy. So I'm a bit annoyed everyone isn't that bothered.  Since having a mc that started with the exact some bleeding last time I'm just very paranoid and want answers. I know I'm still early so can't have a scan. I'm just worried sick that it's happening all over again.
I'm wondering has anyone else had the same brown bleeding that just doesn't stop that was caused by thrush? I'm wondering could this be the reason. I do find that if I'm walking around a bit more brown pink discharge appears, and sometimes I get stabbing pains on my left side.
I've got 2 more weeks before i have a visibility scan and I'm petrified.

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline Tincancat

• Gold Member
    modify
    Could my brown/pink discharge be caused by Thrush?
    « Reply #1 on: 10/07/19, 13:35 »
    Sadly in early pregnancy nothing can be to prevent another miscarriage. In my experience NHS aren't much bothered about pregnancy until you are at viability at 24 weeks.

Examining you can actually introduce infection which can travel up and into the uterus so actually shouldn't be carried out until absolutely necessary.  Examination will not usually reveal where bleeding is coming from either.  Only an ultrasound scan can give you the reassurance you need.  By 7 weeks you should be able to see a heartbeat so perhaps book for a private scan then?

The only thing I will say is if you think you have bacterial vaginosis then you should seek treatment.  This condition can give rise to miscarriage and it is treatable.  Google the symptoms but the one most women notice is smell!
    TCCx

Offline Godiva

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #2 on: 10/07/19, 16:53 »
    You would think gp could have had a look down under (just on outside). But the burning etc could be thrush. That is what clinic told me when I had a similar sensation just before ET (we do insert a lot of meds there, so risk of infection/imbalance is a bit higher). Colour is difficult. At this stage most symptoms can go either way still. It can be normal, and there is not really much you can do to be sure. Scan most likely will show "something", bit probably no HB yet. Bloods can very a lot too at this stage, but won't be doubling quite as fast as earlier on, so would probably actually cause more stress.

Offline StrawberrySundae

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #3 on: 10/07/19, 17:32 »
    I went to my local EPU and asked for swabs when I was in early pregnancy - that way thrush & things like BV can be ruled out or properly treated. Good luck xx

I asked to do my own swabs by the way and didnít do them very high up, to be safe.