* Author Topic: TAMOXIFEN???  (Read 1072 times)

0 Members

Offline vkv80

• Un-Ranked
modify
TAMOXIFEN???
« on: 18/07/19, 09:56 »
Hiya,
As you can see from my signature, my last cycle resulted in a poor quality blast, which they discarded as it began to disintegrate and wasn't suitable to freeze. Clinic have suggested using Tamoxifen to improve both quality and maybe even the number of eggs. Has anybody used this in their cycles? If so, please can you share your story (both good and bad please!)

I am in discussions with clinic about whether to repeat Natural Modified or try a Mild IVF (low stims) cycle next. I have tried this before with Guys ACU and it resulted in a chemical pregnancy. But with my last cycle with Create I found the aim of collecting only 1 egg with Natural Modified quite stressful and my AFC was 7 so it felt like such a waste of eggs (it's never been this high before, usually around 3 or 4).

Any suggestions are very welcome. I have a call booked later today with my consultant to discuss next steps and I really don't know which way to go.

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline Juliasw11

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    TAMOXIFEN[emoji47]
    « Reply #1 on: 19/07/19, 00:18 »
    I am using for my upcoming cycle - also natural modified. Tamoxifen and perhaps human growth hormone. Will you cycle with Create? I am with a new clinic in London called Evewell.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline vkv80

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    TAMOXIFEN???
    « Reply #2 on: 19/07/19, 09:09 »
    Hi Juliasw11

Yes I am cycling with Create, confirmed yesterday that it will be Natural Modified.

Evewell...I've never heard of them. Have you cycled with them before?

Offline Juliasw11

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    TAMOXIFEN[emoji47]
    « Reply #3 on: 19/07/19, 11:19 »
    Itís a new clinic and very personalised. I have the same doctor following me. He does all the scans and email me directly. It is quite pricing but I like their approach so far plus their waiting room is excellent.

Offline vkv80

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    TAMOXIFEN???
    « Reply #4 on: 6/08/19, 10:31 »
    Hi Juliasw11

Sorry I dropped off the chat, got busy with the cycle...you know how it becomes all consuming! I'm done now, got 3 eggs and all fertilised. We froze one grade 2 7-cell embryo on Day3 and let the other two progress to Day5 as they were grade 3 and unsuitable to freeze. I spoke to the clinic yesterday (Day5) and unfortunately they hadn't really progressed since Day3, so am waiting for another call today being Day6 for some sort of miracle (highly unlikely!)

How are you getting on with your cycle? Did you use Human Growth Hormone? I have a call later today with my consultant and I really want to use that on my next round as I've read good things about it.

Offline Juliasw11

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    TAMOXIFEN[emoji47]
    « Reply #5 on: 6/08/19, 15:36 »
    Hi Vkv,

My cycle didnít go that well. Was on Tamoxifen everyday and menopur every other day. Only have one follicle on CD8. Didnít use HGH. Not sure if I will go for egg collection at this time and may convert to IUI.

Offline Juliasw11

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    TAMOXIFEN[emoji47]
    « Reply #6 on: 6/08/19, 15:37 »
    Hoping you embryo will make it!

Offline vkv80

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    TAMOXIFEN???
    « Reply #7 on: 6/08/19, 15:45 »
    Hi Juliasw11,

Thanks for replying and I'm so sorry to hear about your cycle. I guess you need to do whats best for you with regards to cancelling/converting, which way are you leaning towards? Does your consultant have any suggestions?

Thankyou for the well wishes, fingers crossed the frozen one is a good one!

Is there are reason you didn't use HGH this time?

Offline Juliasw11

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    TAMOXIFEN[emoji47]
    « Reply #8 on: 6/08/19, 17:30 »
    I saw an endocrinologist and he actually tested my growth hormones. They are all ok so no need for HGH.

I am really not sure what is the best way to go. I guess with Natural modified cycle I will also end up with one or two anyways.

Offline vkv80

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    TAMOXIFEN???
    « Reply #9 on: 6/08/19, 19:11 »
    This is true, Natural Modified aims to get the strongest 1 or 2. They retrieved 3 from me and I still only ended up with 1 embryo.

I spoke to my consultant and she recommended to try the same protocol again for my 3rd and final cycle. I've asked for her to discuss it further at their weekly meeting to confirm with the team and call back to let me know. I just want to make sure they throw everything at the last cycle.