* Author Topic: August 2019 2WW  (Read 2839 times)

0 Members

Offline Lauraogilvie1985

• Un-Ranked
modify
August 2019 2WW
« on: 19/07/19, 16:53 »
Thought Iíd kick start for everyone testing in August...

I had my embryo transfer this morning meaning I test on 2nd August.

How about everyone else? X

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline Pucca2018

modify
    August 2019 2WW
    « Reply #1 on: 29/07/19, 16:39 »
    Hi Lauraogilvie,

How are you getting on with the 2ww? I am also in the 2ww and test on 6th August. I am feeling all sorts at the moment! Trying to be positive but also cautious.

x

Offline Oak_butterfly

modify
    August 2019 2WW
    « Reply #2 on: 30/07/19, 11:36 »
    Hello ladies,

I hope you donít mind joining this thread. I have a blasto transferred yesterday, test date is the 9th. Making sure Iíll keep busy the next few days  :)

Lauraofilvie1985 not long for you too test now! What symptoms have you been having?

Pucca2018 the 2 week wait can be so hard physically and emotionally...

Send you baby dust

Oak x

Offline odashwood

modify
    August 2019 2WW
    « Reply #3 on: 30/07/19, 12:54 »
    Hello girls! How are you all? I am not on my 2ww stage but I have already gone through it so If you don't mind, I'd like to join this thread as well. I remember how it was)) On the one hand it wasn't hard as I, probably was expecting neither good nor bad results and on the other hand, I didn't want to get negative results and didn't want this time to come you know... I knew that I had almost no chances to get bfp and these 2 weeks had passed very fast. Can you imagine how surprised I was when I got my hcg results and my dr confirmed my pregnancy???))
    Meeting friends, time spent with your family and hubby, long walks may help))
    Best of luck!

Offline sarah13

modify
    August 2019 2WW
    « Reply #4 on: 3/08/19, 12:44 »
    Hi everyone. I had my transfer on the 1st.my otd is 14th August.laura I see you were testing yesterday, what was the result?xx

Pucca I see your otd is the 6th. Have you tested early?? X

Offline chini

modify
    August 2019 2WW
    « Reply #5 on: 3/08/19, 14:35 »
    I hope you don't mind me joining this thread. I had a day 5 blastocyst (stage 4) transferred on the 1st of August and my test day is Saturday the 10th, so one week exactly from today!

This is my second cycle, but the first time we were able to transfer a blastocyst, and the cycle in general has been a million times better managed than the first time around, with a much better tailored protocol as well as immune support, so I feel cautiously more optimistic... Also happy that there's only one week to go before I'll be able to test!

However I also find the general paranoia taking hold of me every now and then... What to eat (I had non-organic farmed salmon half by accident yesterday and felt so nervous afterwards), lifting heavy grocery shopping, sweeping (all those nasty chemicals and microplastics that hide in the dust!), whether to rest and save energy to allow the body to focus on implantation, or to do gentle exercise such as walking to improve blood circulation to improve chances of implantation, whether the Cyclogest is absorbing properly and should I take more progesterone support just in case... Bla bla bla, you probably know how it goes. I try to do relaxation exercises (I'm finding the Mindful IVF app quite helpful!) and distract myself by watching old Shooting Stars best of clips on YouTube, and a lot of the time I manage to be quite calm and ok, but then some idiotic doubt creeps into my mind and I start worrying again...

It doesn't help that different clinics give such different advice. My clinic told me to do whatever I would normally do, but on the other hand I have the Zita West book which basically says that it would be best to just rest as much as possible. The fertility nutritionist Mel Brown advises to do fun and calming things such as going to the cinema, theatre or art exhibitions, meeting friends etc. Also my first cycle on the NHS they told me to avoid strong smells (apparently embryos don't like fragrances) but this time my clinic didn't mention anything about that. So confusing.

How's everyone else doing? I'm keeping my fingers crossed for all of us! x

Offline sarah13

modify
    August 2019 2WW
    « Reply #6 on: 3/08/19, 15:57 »
    Hi chini.we had transfer the same day.i keep getting stitch like pain and lower back ache. Also yesterday and today iv been shattered. Today I had to have an hour cos I couldnít keep my eyes open x

Offline Pucca2018

modify
    August 2019 2WW
    « Reply #7 on: 5/08/19, 09:40 »
    Hi ladies,

How are you all doing? Hope the 2ww is going as well as these things can!

Sarah,  my OTD is tomorrow. Nervous!

Even though I did a fresh cycle and 2 medicated fet cycles,  this is my first embryo transfer. So it's my first IVF 2ww and I've had so many symptoms (and none) over the course of the last 10 days.  I'm surprised myself I didn't test!

It's such a rollercoaster. Just wanted to say I have so much respect for each and every one of you ladies. We are make of strong stuff for sure!

Pucca x

Offline odashwood

modify
    August 2019 2WW
    « Reply #8 on: 5/08/19, 14:39 »
    Hi everybody! There are so many of you who have already had their transfers and even OTD that I'm afraid to mix something(( How are you, girls?

Pucca2018? how was your test? Have you already have a result? What is it????

sarah13 - how was your transfer? How do you feel? When is your OTD?

Chini - Your OTD is very soon? how do you feel? Have you already done any home tests?

Oak_butterfly - How are you after the transfer? I hope everything is alright! Baby dust to you!

Offline chini

modify
    August 2019 2WW
    « Reply #9 on: 5/08/19, 14:52 »
    Hello everyone! I hope you're all doing well!

Sarah - so cool to meet someone who had their transfer on the same day! Was it a day 3 or day 5 embryo? How are you doing? I also keep having period pain type cramps (albeit much milder but then again my adenomyosis period pains are super extreme) and feeling tired. I hope it's all good signs!

Pucca - wow, test day tomorrow! I totally know what you mean about having all the symptoms and none. I try not to get too carried away with symptom spotting, but I think it's impossible not to do it to a certain degree... I hope you're coping well! Will you also go to the clinic to have a blood test?

odwashwood - my test day isn't until Saturday, so still 5 days to go! I'm far too scared to a test too early as I'm scared it'll be a false positive due to the trigger still being in my system or a false negative due to the hcg not having had time to raise enough, so I could never test too early... But on Saturday I'll test for sure - I doubt I'll be able to sleep much between Friday and Saturday to be honest :)

Oak butterfly - you test just one day before me, not long to go anymore! How are you feeling? Have you managed to keep busy? I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you!

I've been reading loads on other women's experiences who have been pregnant with adenomyosis and it seems having period type cramps is really common, for some starting since one week before their period was due, so that's put me a bit more at ease about my lower abdominal pains... I'm also feeling this weird metallic taste in my mouth since a couple of days back, which for sure can be due to the Cyclogest but still reassuring.

Also booked acupuncture for tomorrow and Friday in hopes that might help if implantation is taking place this week. From what I've read I understand implantation is a process that takes several days, not just something that happens in a couple of hours, so I guess it should be helpful to do whatever I can to support it, taking into account the my adenomyotic uterus is notoriously unreliable...