* Author Topic: Age 48 and about to start DE FET, question on norethisterone, post menopause  (Read 3840 times)

0 Members

Offline sarahprj

• Un-Ranked
Hi all, couldnít decide to post here or FET group. Iím guessing there are people in this group in my position, post menopause and doing/planning a cycle.
Iím about to start my 4th DE using 1 of 2 Frosties, scratch booked later this week. Iím then to start norethisterone for a week to bring on a period, I had this on my 3rd cycle but seem to remember it didnít really work. Too long ago to remember.
Can anyone tell me how long after stopping it my period is likely to appear? Itís been about 5 years since my last.

I am daily looking through the calendar trying to predict when each stage will happen, period, lining scan, transfer, Iím sending myself loopy and Iíve not even started yet! Think some of it is due to keeping it a secret and planning stuff around work and family.

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline CathA

Sorry I donít know much about this but I just wanted to say am so sorry to read about your loss, I canít imagine how hard that was.Hopefully someone else can help.

Offline miamiamo

• Gold Member
    I did not want to read and run, all the best luck on your journey x

Offline sarahprj

• Un-Ranked
    Thank you CathA and miamiamo and wishing you both well with your families and your journey.

Offline lollypop3

• busby
    Hi Sarapri,

I'm in a similar position to you.  I turned 48 a week ago and I'm about to have a FET.  I did a FET TX last year but had an C-Scar ectopic pregnancy.  It has taken me 14+ months before I could hope to have another cycle.  I have a niche defect in my C-Scar which still has a blood clot attached now 0.5mm.  IVI consultant has started me on Progynova.  I bled for only 2 days last week after finishing HRT patches.  Not sure if this was my period or not or just breakthrough bleeding.  I had no cramps and just a little blood. I go for my CD10 scan next week to see how things are looking.  Hopefully he will tell me to keep going and start the Progesterone next week sometime.  I also have immunes issues but had to go to ARGC for them to test me - I'm awaiting the results.  If your taking Norethisterone I think its 5 days after you stop when you should get a period.  Let me know how you are getting on.  I'm hoping you are progressing since your last post?

Sending you mega baby dust!   :) :) :)

Offline sarahprj

• Un-Ranked
    Hi lollipop3,

Sounds like you have had a difficult time, wishing you lots of luck for your results next week.

Treatment seems to vary so much between clinics but I suppose some of that is due to individual treatment plans. We are both the same age and doing an FET just have different medical reasons for being on this journey. Iím still trying to work out some of the terminologies, what does CD10 mean? Guessing 10 days past something.

Iím thinking we are on a similar schedule. I finished Norethisterone (taken to bring on a cycle which I no longer have) and AF appeared after 3 days (very light for 2 days and now hardly anything - sorry TMI). Started 3 x  Evorel 100 patches on Wednesday, lining scan booked for Friday 16th to see how itís doing.  Transfer potentially 22nd August.

The days seem to be going so slow, Iím wishing time away but also wanting to hold onto the dream.

Buckets of baby dust for you ✨

Offline lollypop3

• busby
    Hi sarahprj,

CD10 is cycle day 10.  Yes we are definitely cycling the same time.  I stopped the HRT patches and bled the following 2 days but very light.  I wish I had been given the Norethisterone to bring on a much heavier bleed.  I have been taking Progynova since last Saturday and have my lining scan tomorrow.  All being well I think my TX (transfer) date will be 23rd Aug but all depends on the scan tomorrow.  I had my immunes tested last week and should be getting the results back tomorrow as well.  My DH tells me this is our final chance for baby #2 (he will not do another cycle) so I feel under a lot of pressure for this one to work.  Hope your scan on 16th goes well.  Which clinic are you with?   :)

Offline Katie24

Hi ladies , I'm due to have a fet using DE on 28th August, I'm 24 but have premature ovarian failure so I basically went through the menopause at 15, I start birth control pill marvilon about 2 months ago and stopped on 1st it took about 6 days for a bleed and mine was very light too and only lasted a few days I'm not on CD5 taking progynova x 4 tablets a day and 2 pumps of estrogel also vitamins and aspirin. I'm hoping my lining is ok as last time my transfer got cancelled and it really affected me so this is my 3 rd go at IVF xxxx

Offline lollypop3

• busby
    Hi Katie,

OMG I am so sorry to hear of your story!  That is the earliest menopause I have every heard of and absolutely shocking especially as you are only just 24yrs old.  I'm sure your lining will be fine especially if you are taking Progynova 4 x and even more estrogel.  Good luck with the TX on the 28th I'm sure all will be fine for you. 

I had my lining scan last Monday and my endo was 9.1mm and I'm going into have my TX next Tuesday 20th - feeling nervous as this is probably going to be our last attempt.  I too am using DE FET - so fingers crossed we will be lucky.  I am nervous as hell as we did a FET using DE last year but the embryo implanted into my C-Scar and it ended up as an ectopic pregnancy.  It has taken over 12 months now for my womb to settle down but I still have a niche defect on my left side.  I am  ^pray^ ^pray^ ^pray^ ^pray^ that this one will implant on my RHS.  Good luck and keep us posted with your journey! XX :)

Offline sarahprj

• Un-Ranked
    Hi Katie24,
    So sorry to hear your journey Katie, must have been so upsetting having such an early menopause, I struggled at almost 40! It sounds like your clinic are tailoring your meds to get a good lining. They do say third time lucky (worked for me), so fingers crossed. Guessing you have a lining check later this week if tx on 28th. I had a really short and light bleed after norethisterone so didnít think my lining would do anything but itís done super well, you just canít tell until the scan. Tweaking meds can really work. Good luck this week.

Hi lollypop3,
    Been thinking of you all week and wondering how your immune test and lining scan were. Guessing both good as you are now have your tx date. 9.1mm is a good result, I bet you were pleased. When they tell you the number it all of a sudden feels real, another stage passed. My partner wasnít keen at all on trying again but here we are....Iím trying to prep him for a future cycle just in case., Iím sure your DH will change his mind if need be, I like to try and plan ahead to reduce current stress. He always said just 3 cycles and I remember being worried as each one failed, I find it comforting to have more options, hoping it keeps me more relaxed and leads to success on current cycle. Will be thinking of you on Tuesday when you have your transfer. What grade embryo do you have?

I had my lining scan on Friday, unexpected 11mm, previous cycles only about 8mm. Suddenly felt very real, have transfer booked for 22nd.  Now Iím trying not to stress about the thaw, iím having 1 transferred so that leaves 1 Frostie. Keeping myself busy doing all the things I wonít do when PUPO. Exciting times for us all.

Baby dust to you both. XXX