* Author Topic: Age 48 and about to start DE FET, question on norethisterone, post menopause  (Read 3856 times)

0 Members

Offline sarahprj

• Un-Ranked
Lollypop3, Just a quick message. Thinking of you tomorrow for your test, there is still time. My clinic donít do a blood test so guessing thatís why they make me wait longer. I felt a bit like AF was coming when I had the pains a couple of days ago, guessing it wouldnít arrive anyway as the meds will stop it. Got everything crossed for you x
Hope you get a good sleep x

AFM - Iím broken, fighting Leukaemia for my son for 22 months has been more than hell, but I canít give up on a sibling for him. Hoping it will give me purpose in life.

Wishing we can be buddies through to May to welcome our bundles of joy x

PS might test tomorrow .... then again I might live the dream a little longer

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline lollypop3

• busby
    Morning Sarah, I got up first thing and tested this morning.  It's negative.  Feeling numb just now.  I want to just get back into bed and cry for the day.  The house is too busy just now my 6 yr old running in and out my room wanting to play so I'm trying to put on a brave face.  I had some terrible new yesterday as well - I applied for a promotion and didn't get it which has really disappointed me but I thought what the hell as long as today is going to be better I'd sacrifice that promotion just to be pregnant but I didn't get that either.  I'm going to stop all meds now and just wait for AF to comes along.  We have a nice holiday planned for Oct and I might try and speak to DH when we get back to give it another go.  He has been really good this morning lots of cuddles and attention but I know I am just waking for him to say the dreaded words - 'that's it, that's our last attempt'  It might be for him but I have 2 snow babies left which gives me a tiny glimmer of hope.

All the best for your test on tomorrow - I wish you all the success in the world.  Keep me posted.  XXX

Offline sarahprj

• Un-Ranked
    Hi lollypop3. Iím so devastated for you, I really had it in my head we were both going to get positives. Just a feeling. Guessing you didnít get your bloods done? You had cramps a few days ago, late implanter? Have they asked you to stay on your meds and try in 2 days. My clinic asked me to do this on cycle 2 but it was futile as grades so poor to begin with.

Sorry about the promotion, youíve had a rough few days. Really good to hear DH been supportive and that you have 2 snow babies left. Pleased you have the possibility of further attempts.

Iíve still got until Tuesday to wait, not very hopeful after stabbing pains on Wednesday. I have 1 grade 4BB/c left then will have to work on DH to do another round, this will be an uphill struggle.

I know itís torture but maybe another test on Monday, sending lots of hope your way. 💔

Offline lollypop3

• busby
    'Hi Sarah, I still think your cramps are a good sign.  All the best for Tuesday.  I didn't go for bloods in the end.  Weirdly I woke up this morning with sore boobs and they have been sore all day.  I've been expecting AF to arrive all day.  I've stopped all the meds now but still no sign.  I've got a bit of cramping this evening - so maybe she is on her way.  If it hasn't arrived by tomorrow I'll do another test.  Not holding out much hope as I would have expected the test to show positive especially at 11dp5dt.  Thanks for the kind words - wishing you all the luck in the world!  You can do it for us 40+ ladies we sure need some inspirational stories!  XXX

Offline sarahprj

• Un-Ranked
    Hi Lollypop3, how are you doing? Been thinking about how you are and what is happening. Did your AF arrive? I suppose Iím trying to hold onto your dream. Really hope there is a dramatic turnaround for you and itís just our older bodies playing tricks on us. With all the hell Iíve been through with DS, I do cling onto hope, sometimes you just never know.

If not this cycle, next cycle. 💕

Offline lollypop3

• busby
    Hi Sarah, AF still not arrived, I be had no spotting or anything. I did another test on Sunday BFN again. Went to my clinic today for my beta and Iím currently waiting on the results. Have u tested yet? Really hoping to hear some good news from you. My DH hasnít mentioned anything abt this being our last attempt. I think he knows how upset iíll Be if he says too much. Fingers crossed for you 🤞 u can do this! X

Offline sarahprj

• Un-Ranked
    Hi lollypop3,
    Hope you are doing ok, Iím still wishing for you. Will look out for an update from you tomorrow about your beta.

Iím really pleased to say but saddened that itís not both of us (yet), I tested this morning and got a BFP. The test from clinic was rubbish and didnít even work, had a really cheap internet one which showed the faintest line. Wasnít looking good so wanted to know for sure as my clinic donít do bloods, invested in a clear blue which was a clear 2-3 weeks. I suppose Iím saying, these tests are so unreliable. Still hoping for you.

Good to hear DH being really considerate, mine doesnít really say much so it feels like itís just me wanting this so badly. I know he does just doesnít stress and over think like me. This journey is just so all consuming.

Iím pleased with my result but the icing on the cake would be good news from you x

Offline lollypop3

• busby
    Hi Sarah, WOW CONGRATULATIONS!!! Whoop 🙌 whoop 🙌 I am absolutely thrilled for u. That is amazing news. I will keep everything crossed for a good HB in a few weeks.

Had my beta yesterday it was <1. So clearly negative and the embryo didnít implant. We had 4 frozen DE embryos but I used 1 last year got pregnant but it was a C-Scar ectopic. Iíve now used another 1 but it didnít implant. I have 2 left. But Iím now really worried that the best 2 have been used. Clinics usually take the ones that look the best to put back. All 4 of my Frosties were PGS tested so they were apparently all normal but my fear is that the 2 left are the not so good ones.

Did u use a fresh cycle DE frozen embryo or did u have others left over to use? I have a follow up consultation in a couple of weeks to discuss my options.

I still have not come on even though I have stopped all meds 4 days ago. Not even a hint of AF on her way. I think I am defo in the menopause and all my hormones are all over the place. Take care X

Offline sarahprj

• Un-Ranked
    Oh lollypop3, so totally gutted for you. This is all so hard and stressful, my heart feels for you.

Just a bit of background to hopefully help, AMH less that 0.6 at age 41, irregular horrendous cycles for a few years, last glimmer of AF Feb 2015. Hot sweats etc, well into/other side of menopause. Fresh DE cycle in Aug 15, 5AA transferred that gave me DS. Just had 3BB transferred so by no means top quality. Read lots of stories of similar being successful where top quality failed. Do you know what grades you have left? What meds did they have you on to prep? My lining did good on just patches. I always try and remember they only freeze embryos that are good enough. I had a scratch because I had one on successful cycle, lots of add-onís not proven but jury still out on scratch. Normal PGS result is great.

I have a long way to go and need to be mindful that whilst I feel young, my body is not. Pleased Iíve got this far but trying to keep grounded with possible reality.

My consultant obviously canít give any guarantees but he did say some ladies try everything for numerous cycles but never get pregnant, some unexplained, the fact I had a previous success means itís possible. Think this applies to you, donít give up. Please keep in touch x

Offline lollypop3

• busby
    Hi Sarah,

Thanks for info - apologies can I ask what a 5AA and 3BB means?  Is 5AA a 5 day top quality blastocyst and a 3BB a 3 day B rated embryo?  Sorry for the ignorance?  I asked my clinic about the quality of the 4 frozen (now 2 left) but as they were all PGS they don't give a quality score.  The nurse mentioned that they will grade them before they are sent for PGS and put back the ones which were showing best grade before PGS testing.  She wasn't entirely sure so I asked if she could speak to the embryologist to see what they say and get back to me.

Over the last 6 months my periods have stopped so I went onto patches but I don't seem to bleed every month even on them and when I do its for a day possibly 2.  I had a scratch previously when I got pregnant with my DD so next time round if I get to a next time round I think I may do the same.
    The problem I have is that I am under 2 different clinics - where I have my transfer is very focused on doing things as naturally as possible, they don't believe in scratch, immunes or anything else.  The other one is all about immune testing taking Clexane, steroids and doing a scratch.   

It's so confusing as both consultants are brilliant but disagree on the best way to get presence and best results for implantation.

So happy for your pregnancy result.  I love to hear women of our age just going for it.  I'm sure your pregnancy will be perfect and wishing you a happy and health one over the next 9 months.  Are you having a scan in a couple of weeks?  If so, let me know how you get on. Take care X