* Author Topic: Age 48 and about to start DE FET, question on norethisterone, post menopause  (Read 3839 times)

0 Members

Offline lollypop3

• busby
sorry forgot to mention my meds for prep were Progynova 3 times a day from CD2.  Then Utrogestan from CD14 until OTD.  My lining at CD10 was 8.1mm.  I shall ask when I have my consultation what my lining was when I had the transfer.  X

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline sarahprj

• Un-Ranked
    Hi Lollypop3, not sure if you will see this post. Iíve been living in a bit of a bubble for a few weeks, whilst a positive test is amazing itís left me feeling so very sad about my lost son.
    Just to get back to your last post. A 5AA is a hatching blastocyst of good quality, a 3BB is still a blastocyst but a little slower, only at the expanding stage. A stage 4 would be expanded. I watched a recording of a live webinar by Professor Robert Winston from the Genesis Research Trust, itís on you tube 3rd September 19. He made some really good points that maybe mean the above grading is irrelevant. Worth a watch.
    Did you get any information back on your embryos? Hope that you have a good holiday in October and that it gives you time to recharge and refocus. It sounds like your lining was ok, I was told 7-8mm minimum. For prep I just had norethisterone and then 3 patches and they worked well for me. Before starting treatment I was on HRT patches, last period years ago, I never have AF. As Iíve said before, I had a scratch because on previous successful cycle Iíd had one. It must be hard trying to juggle 2 clinics with conflicting ideas. I thought my best chance was to mirror successful cycle. One thing I learnt from Sonís treatment was to always question and challenge decisions, clinics provide a service but you need to feel your wishes are supported, 1 size doesnít fit all. You will get a positive.

AFM Iím doing well, started to bleed a week ago along with pains, convinced it was all over. Nausea is 24hours a day! Had scan on Friday and all good, heartbeat and measuring on track at 6w6d. Progesterone patches, pessaries and injections playing havoc with my body, as DH pointed out jokingly, Iíve done this to myself.

Hope you keep in touch, just wanted to let you know us 48 year olds can do this x

Offline lollypop3

• busby
    Hi Sarah,

Sorry not been on here for a while just read your last post. WOW how amazing is that.  You must only a few months away now from your baby arriving.  Hope all is well.  Let me know how you are getting on. 

I have just started a new FET cycle this month.  Got my second lining scan tomorrow.  All being well I will have my TX next week.  Lets hope its third time lucky!

All the best! X

Offline miamiamo

• Gold Member
       @ lollypop3 - amazing new, I will keep my fingers super tight x

Offline lollypop3

• busby
    Hi all,

Just wanted to let you know I got my BFP today my beta was 740 at 10dp5dt - so the numbers are pretty high. Over the moon so now itís another 2ww for our scan  ^pray^ ^pray^ ^pray^all will be good. X

Offline sarahprj

• Un-Ranked
    Hi lollypop3,
    Iíve not been on here in months so have just seen your news. I am absolutely thrilled for you, your news has made my day 😊
    Looked for a more recent update on another thread and saw youíve had first scan. You must be delighted. Hope you are taking it super easy and resting up, your main job now is growing your baby.

AFM, almost 33 weeks now. Itís not been the easiest pregnancy but time ticking along, nausea, sickness and fatigue never left. Getting regular growth scans which is reassuring. Baby still transverse and seems settled, no signs of turning but still time. Itís a worrying time not knowing how baby is progressing, they say you feel more after first pregnancy and this is true for me, been feeling movement from about 16 weeks and now get kicked and punched regularly. Roll on for your 12 week scan. 💕

Offline lollypop3

• busby
    Hi Sarah,

Lovely to hear from you - thanks for the kind words.  I just had to give it another go as didn't want to give up on our chance of another baby and sibling.  I didn't expect you to be on here as your on your final weeks.  So glad to hear your pregnancy has progressed to this stage.  Only a few more weeks to go!  Sorry to hear about the sickness continuing.  Did you find out the sex or are you waiting for the big day.  So great to hear of good news stories for us middle aged women.  I might still feel like an 18 yr old but my body doesn't.  So excited for you - let me know when your little miracle arrives.

AFM - got another scan on Wednesday. I get monitored every week until 10 weeks then I get handed over to the NHS.  We've not told anyone yet although I am bursting to tell my DD but waiting till the 12 week scan just to be sure.  I've been spotting everyday since 5 weeks which is worrying and just relieved to see the HB every week at the scan which reassures me for a few days until the next scan.  I've heard about feeling baby #2 early on.  I'll look forward to feeling the movement but I remember the punches well from my last one, usually in the ribs whilst I'm trying to sleep.  Good luck on your final weeks and hope you're taking it easy as well.  Take care!  X