* Author Topic: August / September 2019 Cycle Buddies  (Read 17263 times)

0 Members

Offline Rumplestiltskin

• Gold Member
modify
August / September 2019 Cycle Buddies
« Reply #60 on: 22/08/19, 08:33 »
Hi, Pochita. I think MissL covered everything, the only bit I'd add is don't eat too much before doing your trigger... on my first cycle,  I triggered on my birthday, so we were at a hotel and had a fancy 3 course meal,  then after the trigger I felt really sick, and freaked myself out that I had OHSS. I didn't, there just wasn't enough space for all that food and all the follicles! Also, maybe think about how you feel about testing in the run up to OTD....some women "test out" their trigger (ovitrelle will give you a positive pregnancy test for a few days after triggering) and then test every day until OTD. Others only test on OTD. I'm somewhere between, and start testing a few days before OTD, because I like to know what's happening in my body. The downside of this is that it meant I knew about my chemical pregnancy for longer than I would have otherwise. I'm ok with that, but it's a really personal thing. It's better to decide now, before the 2ww crazy hits.

MissL - hey there, Lister cycle buddy. And don't worry, we're all mad here  ^idiot^

Nenee - hope you're resting up well,  and there's good news on your eggs this morning. It only takes one good one...my SIL only had 2 embryos at day 2, so they put them both back... they're 3 year old twins, now.

Audi, LadyMac, glad things are progressing.

Dee - yes, just up the road from me! Hope Scotland is treating you well.

AFM- heading up for another scan...day 6 of stims. On Tuesday I had loads of follicles, but they were obviously quite small as it was only day 4. I'm wondering when they're going to add fermadyl to my treatment, they said it might be about now. I'll find out later.

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline Nenee

• Gold Member
    • A dream is a wish your heart makes 💖
    modify
    « Reply #61 on: 22/08/19, 11:14 »
    Rumplestiltskin, that is my hope!  Yet at the same time... twins, yikes! haha.  I think they only scanned me on day 8 and 11 of stims.  Is it your first round? I had more scans on my first round.

Missl, is your lining usually thin?  Not sure what the do to help if thats the case.

Pochita, if anything I just felt relief I didnt have any injections the night after trigger haha.  How are you feeling?  When is trigger sorry? I am in the car on my phone so rushing before I have to set off.  Yes th 2ww is after transfer and before pregnancy test (OTD).  I think you are not allowed to use the kettle incase you scald yourself.  Not supposed to be alone for 24 hours or lift anything heavy. 

Sorry if I have to go and miss anyone.  Hope everyone is ok.  Will try post properly at the weekend.

Mix of emotions from me, 3 of my 5 eggs were not mature.  The remaining 2 have fertilised and the eggs looked better than historically so feeling petrified yet hopeful at the same time. 
    I am feeling quite upset than next week is my last week part time, after that my baby boy which I fought so hard to get will go to the childninders five days a week while I am stuck in an office wishing I was with him.  So trying to stay relaxed is harder than I expected.  I am really lucky they let me do a phased return after a year off but gutted. 

Offline Rumplestiltskin

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #62 on: 22/08/19, 17:18 »
    Nenee, no this is my 8th cycle, but the first at the Lister and my first short protocol. We've also been really clear that this is the very last time, so i think they're just keeping a close eye on me to get the most eggs possible without tipping over to OHSS.

Returning to work after being home on mat leave is so hard; make sure you get the right support. Especially with cycling at the same time. When I returned to work I felt really overwhelmed, and then a couple of months in I started a cycle which ended in a miscarriage, and that pretty much broke me, and I ended up being signed off sick for 2 months. So really make sure that you're looking after yourself and getting proper support at work.

Are they going to keep culturing your embryos to blastocyst, or will they transfer them early, do you think?

Today's scan was all good, lots of follies at 12-14mm already. They reckon egg collection will be Wed/Thurs next week,  but I've got 2 more scans before then. 

Offline Pochita

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #63 on: 22/08/19, 19:53 »
    Hi Ladies,

@Neene i dont know when my triger is yet, I have a scan tonorrow maybe they will know then. I told DH about the kettle he rolled his eyes...we gotta have some perks along the journey surely. I hope you enjoy your last week ok mat leave, guess all your feelings are to be expected.

@Rumplestilskin, glad your scan went well today.

@ladymac hows your next lot of medicines going?

How are the rest of you ladies?

XxX

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Offline Pochita

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #64 on: 23/08/19, 15:31 »
    Hi Ladies,

How are you all?

I had my scan this morning and they said im doing the EC on Mon at 10:00. Feeling very nervous about this stage mainly scaired of being put to sleep. Not been put to sleep before. Anyone have any advice about this bit?

Thanks in advance xxx

Offline missl73

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #65 on: 23/08/19, 15:54 »
    Pochita - That's exciting you have EC on Monday! Don't be scared, honestly, it's fine - it's only a light anesthetic as the procedure takes about 15 minutes so you come around really quickly after. The process of being put to sleep is quick and easy too, it feels a little bit like being really drunk for a couple of seconds and then you're out! Good luck!

Rumplestiltskin sounds like things are moving along nicely!

Nenee, I can totally empathize with how you are feeling, we all want good numbers but you have two wonderful embryos growing now, so we must focus on them and I have my fingers crossed for you they're still going strong. Sorry to hear you're finding it tough having to go back to work, I can imagine it must feel really sad.

AFM - a bit of a crappy day again. I had my scan today is CD9, it looks like my body has not responded to the letrozole at all so I have no follicles or lining growing. It's so frustrating, my body just will not do what it is supposed to. I'm going back in again on Tuesday, if still no response I expect they'll get me to do a mild dose of stims to encourage ovulation. All this just to get a thick lining so I can do a frozen transfer! I'm finding it so hard to stay positive, had a good cry this afternoon. I know this cycle might still be recoverable but I've had 3 out 5 of cycles canceled before transfer and I can't face having a 4th one go that way.

Offline Rumplestiltskin

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #66 on: 23/08/19, 16:05 »
    MissL, I don't blame you for having a cry! I would! Are they doing anything different  from the cycles that got cancelled? Do they have any idea why you're not responding? I really hope they manage to tweak everything to get a good lining going... sending you hugs. This whole thing is so blimming  hard!

Pochita- my favourite bit is being put to sleep! A nice little nap, never get allowed those anymore! They'll take good care of you, don't worry. EC, exciting! Good luck!

Started fermadyl yesterday,  and then found a whole prescription for a bunch of drugs I've never had and don't know what they're for! I'll ask tomorrow at my scan what those ones are for...I think they're "options " alternative triggers and extra progesterone support.

Offline Pochita

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #67 on: 23/08/19, 19:23 »
    Big hugs Miss173...hope the cry helped you release some emotions. Its totslly understandable to have all your feelings...be good to yourself xxx Thanks for taking the time to explain / reasure me of the next step xx

Thanks Rumplestilskin...will think of it more that way.
    I know what hou mean re drugs...hope your next app goes well and they ear up the mystery for you x

Ladymac I hope your doing ok xxx

Offline LadyMac2019

modify
    « Reply #68 on: 24/08/19, 08:31 »
    Hi Everyone

MissL - I'm sorry to hear your news. I really hope things change next week, how frustrating for you and your partner. I imagine this is almost as stressful, in some way, as going through a real cycle. Big hugs!

Rumplstiltskin - I hope your scan goes well today.

Pochita -  It'll be my first egg collection too, I'm also nervous but sort of excited at the same time to get to that stage. I haven't had any form of aesthetic either. Good luck for Monday.

Nenee - I hope you're doing okay following EC. I've been hoping all is progressing well over the last few days for you. I can only imagine how tough going through all this at the same time as returning from mat leave.

AFM It's day 4 of Meriofert. I'm wondering how things are progressing but I won't find out until I have a scan on Tuesday (day 7). I thought I'd feel quite bloated by now but it's just the usual bloat I think..! Sleep hasn't been as good these last couple of nights but I guess that's to be expected.  Other than that I think I'm doing okay. Rumplestiltskin and Missl Thanks very much for the information you both posted its really helpful  :) xx

Offline Sparkle30

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #69 on: 24/08/19, 19:02 »
    Hi Everyone,

I'm the same Pochita- I need to reply on the laptop, can't manage on the phone!!

I've been reading everyone's updates and sending hopeful wishes to you all, as I'm still in limo land!

Welcome to 8868dee, wishing you lots of luck!

Nenee- I do understand how you feel, unfortunately there is nothing we can do but hang onto hope.  I had 13 mature eggs and lost 10 on day 2!  I think the fact they have said those two look like good eggs is really positive, I look forward to hearing your update and am sending hopeful thoughts.

Ladymac- good luck with the stimulation, hope all goes well.

Pochita- Good luck with the Egg Collection on Monday- the thought of it is worse than it is and you do go for a lovely sleep!  Take a nice snack for when you wake up, that's what I focus on!

Miss173- Thank you for all that information you gave before, I didn't realise the timings of transfer day/ pregnancy test and its really helpful.  Sending you hope and wishes that your next scan is more positive for you.  It is good to have a good cry sometimes, you need to release your emotions.  Take care of yourself xx

Thinking of you all on your journeys, its great to hear your updates and news.

I'm really going crazy in this two week wait.  I've forgotten how hard it is!  Today I am 9 days past my transfer date.  My OTD is Tuesday, I go in for a urine test and blood test.  I did a test this morning and it was negative.  I don't feel either pregnant or about to get my period and with the progesterone pessaries I know you get certain symptoms with that- headache, tired etc.  My boobs were really hurting up until Thursday then suddenly stopped and have been fine yesterday and today- the weird thing is that they normally hurt right up until I get my period.  So I have no idea what's going on.  I'm not really sleeping well and when I do I have horrible dreams that it's not worked.  Each day is getting longer than the last!  I've never wished so much to feel sick!! lol!

Thanks for listening to me ramble on! 

Thanks for being here,

Take good care of yourselves,

Sparkle  xx ^hugme^