* Author Topic: November/ December 2019 Cycle Buddies  (Read 10288 times)

0 Members

Online Stacey10

• Gold Member
modify
November/ December 2019 Cycle Buddies
« Reply #200 on: 22/01/20, 01:58 »
Blodyn try this brand https://www.serrapeptase.com.au/ I took the 250 000 dose and the highest dose for 6 weeks then down to the daily dose, can you afford 3-6 mths off ivf and just take this continually, as thatís what works best.

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline snowdropwood

modify
    « Reply #201 on: 22/01/20, 16:03 »
    Hi,  just a quicky  - Create clinic do not want to do any more own egg treatments rightly or wrongly ( despite many questions from me about all sorts of things ) but have 6 months wait list so looking into another clinic in Bristol with less wait list - also joined Donor conception network which is informative.  So somewhere on that path i guess.     V tired - was told by one employer yesterday 'your services are not required any more ' and sent an email to me saying that treatment was making me work badly etc - on the other hand I / we are not entitled to be off work and on any kind of benefit, GP appointment is available in 3 weeks time to advise ! So feeling grumpy about all this but hopefully I can have Double donation conversation with new clinic tomorrow and feel more hopeful about a way forward at least.  Tired of the judgements of others atm tbh and being treated unkindly by employers etc after i have just gone through 4 consecutive ivf cycles on me tod .  Moan over, sorry !

Hope others are finding ways forward and moments of light and warmth these cold January days xx

Offline iklefeet

modify
    « Reply #202 on: 25/01/20, 10:28 »
    Hi ladies,

So sorry for the radio silence ladies, it's been a tough week, the babies heart stopped on Monday so I had to go in for medical management expecting it to bring on a miscarriage naturally but apparently I'm the only 20% it doesn't work on.  I was sent home for 3 days with it stopping and starting so I've had to come back today to get a second dose.

I just really want the whole experience to stop and go back to normal,  i feel disconnected from my body right now like it's happening to me but I'm just watching.

It's been horrific so now  I'm sitting here in the hospital after begging for a slot instead of waiting until Monday in the hope that I can start next week with all this behind me. I know it sounds judgemental but as I walked in there was one big group all laughing and joking like they're in a day out, two best friends both early pregnancy, clearly not that bothered about their pregnancies,  so no idea why they're both here with mums and friends like they're waiting for a private scan,  they keep going out smoking together both really rough and then they both come out with pictures bouncing around about how there babies are measuring right in schedule, I thought how is that fair!

Sorry for the moan ikle xxx

Offline Blodyn76

modify
    « Reply #203 on: 25/01/20, 11:00 »
    Snowdrop, it is entirely your choice if you wish to continue with OE or not. Create can say they're not willing to complete another OE cycle, but that doesn't mean you have to stay with them. Have you thought of the Centre for Reproduction units? They're relatively well priced and darted around the country? We started our testing with Create in Manchester and had an abysmal service and moved on after we'd only spent about £300, same with Shrewsbury, though I think that was more like a £500 learning curve.  Serum as I mentioned earlier are very well adapted to more challenging cases, or you could try a tandem cycle in Cyprus (don't use team miracle) Dogus maybe where you cycle the same time as a donor and you have the choice of whats transferred, one of each eggs or just yours if you get a good response or just the donor if you don't respond well. Just an idea.
    I am so sorry your employer has been an absolute ar#e. How dare they, what kind of contract were you on?

Stacey, I was taking these 3x a day  www.hollandandbarrett.com/shop/product/natures-aid-serrapeptase-tablets-80000iu-60043382 which look to be the same dose more or less. I've loads left so reluctant to spend on more until these are used, but after that i'll purchase the brand you recommend and give them a go, though to be fair having now seen the images I honestly don't have much expectation, alternative treatments may help minor ailments, but seriously, this uterus is like a size 4 football of fibroid.

Brighton, thank you for your wishes. I don't think this platform is well set up for phones and tablets, I tend to stick to it on my laptop or main pc too! Have you moved any further forward in your thoughts?

Iklce - your post came though as I was writing mine. I can't really say anything, m/c guidelines suck. I've been though enough now to really start throwing tantrums. I was on a ward last time with women who have HG, seriously, why are women having a m/c put on the same bay as pregnant women, they've got to behaving a bloody laugh. This time I was fortunate, it was all women in their 80's and a young one with a broken leg (because there was no bed in ortho). The detachment is self preservation, and it's doing what you need to do to get through this. I'm sure that's how I get through mine. Be kind to yourself, moan and wallow for a little while to allow yourself to heal a little.

AFM..... why isn't it ever easy? I went in to work on Tuesday, yes I was signed off but there was no way I was putting in 2 weeks off as I really can't be doing with being bored at home anymore. I'd just had most of Christmas off. I went home around 2 feeling uncomfortable, painkillers and straight to bed to rest thinking I must have over done it. By 3am i'm getting hot flushes taking pain killers and starting to recognise symptoms, 7am Wednesday morning I called the hospital ward I was discharged from on Saturday before. Nope, couldn't bounce back, needed to see my GP. Somehow I drove to my GP surgery and waited for them to arrive, seen by one of the docs, given pain relief and antiemetic, ambulance called to take me to the hospital. Temperature, shivering, pain, nausea I knew what was coming if they farted around. So yes, great joy lots of farting around. Went for a CT about 5pm, pockets of fluid in the uterus potentially puss. Bloods done, infection markers slightly raised (no-one was giving me figures) and antibiotics started IV. Anyway, back to theatre the next morning (Thursday) for another D&C IV antibiotics for a further 24 hours then oral then home. Managed to get some numbers off them as i was going home, prior to surgery my CRP was above 150 sodefinitley bacterial infection I was right, they didn't listen, no it wasn't as high as last time (250), but that's because I knew the symptoms and pushed for treatment earlier, it still bloody hurt. So another uterine infection, not sure if it classes as a septic m/c this time as we'd evacuated the products on the Friday, it seems just not all of them.

We've looked up the costings of surrogacy, it's a no go. Had we not spend what we have on IVF maybe we'd have gone for it, but the idea of spending the same amount again is just not happening. It has to be my uterus doing the work, so fingers crossed I can find a decent enough surgeon to do the job. If not, I really am done. I can't go through another septic m/c or even the infection following, it's too traumatic on the body and will eventually do my renal system in.

Please let us all end this year with a baby or at least past the 12 week pregnancy threshold. x

Offline snowdropwood

modify
    « Reply #204 on: 25/01/20, 17:40 »
    I am so sorry for the difficulties ( I know this is an understatement ) I am reading about which others are going through - it is not fair and there are no answers  - they are also experiences I haven't had so I can only imagine .  I hope there are ways to sooth and heal as much as possible in time and then gather strength for the next steps - my words are a bit inadequate tbh sorry ....

Just a quicky, I have appointment in Feb for BCRM ( Bristol) with a view prob for DD but as a  Centre for reproductive medicine In think this is the right place to be assessed ( thank you Blodyn) .   I would only go abroad for non anonymous donor treatment and was looking at  a Clinic in Portugal.  I do question aspects of Create and the treatment decisions and like anyone I look for a glimmer of hope in own egg treatment. However joined the DCN and I am processing and accepting the likely next steps of this journey and finding reading and support networks really helpful. I was seriously empty after the 4 failed cycles and long drive to Bristol and prob need some quiet time to really focus on health and being calmer as well as getting more work.  January quiet time needed I think....

Iklefeet I hope that you have support and care close by from family/staff, it is indeed not fair, so sorry for what you are going through xx

Offline Brighton24

• PCOS on metformin 1500mg since Feb 2008.
    modify
    « Reply #205 on: 27/01/20, 19:26 »
    Hello to you all -

Ikle - I am so sad to read that you are having to go through a medicated miscarriage. I understand how this must hurt and especially to have witnessed what you did with those expectant mothers. It is difficult to see without feeling judgemental and feeling it is unfair. Hope you can have this behind you very soon so that you can start to heal. xxx

Blodyn - My goodness - How utterly shocking to hear this has happened again. Thank goodness you knew the signs - as you know this is such a risky situation to be in the could have been another story had you not stood up for yourself. Well done, but my goodness you must be feeling drained. I am sorry too that you have researched and found that surrogacy is not a path you will be able to afford to go down. It is extortionate and you are right, when you take the finances already used into account it makes taking such a leap unfeasible. It would be different for us all if we knew success rates were higher, but there are so many unknowns and MOST people simply don't have that sort of money and this is heartbreaking. I have my fingers crossed that your research leads you to the right surgeon and as you say, that by the end of this year, it will look very different for all of us. What a harrowing journey. I hope your partner is doing alright too.

Snowdrop - it sounds as though you have taken some steps to move forward and really do hope that this clinic feels more of a fit for you. February is only a little way off but far enough off to allow you time to process.

I am not much further on but my partner is very concerned about the fact that I will be applying for jobs over the next few months and that I should do this first and then try again. Also, partner's Mum is here right at the time I would be testing if I went on the next (imminent cycle). I find it really hard because I can't stand the waiting and not knowing whether any of the frozen embryos I have will be successful. I also understand my partner, I have changed career twice in the last decade and in a way, I think she now needs proof this is it. So, it is a stress of my own making but a real one that uses much of my thinking space etc and has done for years. I don't know why I have been so unlucky professionally. I just hope I find a good post soon but not so good that I feel guilty for getting pregnant (I will feel guilty wherever I go to work and get pregnant). So, definitely sitting it out this next cycle.

Thinking of you all as you move forward this week. XX B