* Author Topic: DE in Spain ethnic group  (Read 762 times)

0 Members

Offline Cma700

• Gold Member
  • Anything is possible xxx
modify
DE in Spain ethnic group
« on: 30/07/19, 20:12 »
Hi everyone,
Iím having a panic! Iím pregnant from a donor egg in Spain from IB.
They only give you minimum information blood group and age. Iím am just starting to panic - what if the baby is completely different to me Iím fair skin and red hair.
Does anyone know if in Spanish law that the donor and recipient have to be of the same ethnic group?
Think I am just having a silly moment.

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline K jade

• Gold Member
    • Infertility veteran since 2011! BFN princess :)
    modify
    DE in Spain ethnic group
    « Reply #1 on: 30/07/19, 20:56 »
    Ok it might reassure you to hear ive had SOOOO many of these moments throughout my pregnancy.

Im pregnant via DD and have mad thoughts where i picture a baby coming out of a totally different ethnicity lol. From what i read its quite a normal anxiety which melts away when your baby is born.

Im 30 wks so yet to see the results, and hopefully people who've already had their babies will be along to offer advice but FWIW ive never heard of anyone on FF in all my years on here who had their baby then were unhappy with their match, whether they had DE in spain, Greece, Czech or stayed in uk.

X

Offline Stacey10

• Gold Member
    modify
    DE in Spain ethnic group
    « Reply #2 on: 30/07/19, 21:37 »
    Iíve come across one lady, and her baby was born and she wasnít happy because his skin tone was different to hers, she also went to Spain, I do think clinics try and match you as best they can, but they can only work within the limits of their donors, I generally think of Spanish and Greek clinics usually having donors of tanned skin, although I know in Greece they can get hold of polish donors etc. Czech generally have the mor paler skin donors. I went to Czech and asked for a donor that tanned easily and didnít burn, as Iím like that. One of my twins has skin like that, the other one tans but not as easily. Your genetic makeup will affect the babies as it takes on some of your characteristics. Did you specify a light skin coloured donor?

Offline Stacey10

• Gold Member
    modify
    DE in Spain ethnic group
    « Reply #3 on: 30/07/19, 21:38 »
    Also perfectly normal to have a few wobbles during the pregnancy, just remember that if that embryo was implanted in another lady or indeed back into the donor the resulting baby would be totally different to the one your having  :)

Offline Cma700

• Gold Member
    • Anything is possible xxx
    modify
    DE in Spain ethnic group
    « Reply #4 on: 31/07/19, 17:56 »
    K jade im 32 weeks so not far behind you!
    I donít think I said to the clinic it was a must to have fair skin but they wanted pictures of us both now and as children and eye colour,  weight , height so they could find a good match. I know itís too late to worry now and Instituto Bernabeu are a good clinic with a strong reputation. But I am worrying the baby could be a different ethnic group/ colour  which I know is ridiculous!

Offline K jade

• Gold Member
    • Infertility veteran since 2011! BFN princess :)
    modify
    DE in Spain ethnic group
    « Reply #5 on: 8/08/19, 11:50 »
    No its not ridiculous and ive had the same worries. Form what ive heard its part and parcel of using donors to have a baby.

Spanish people are not ethnically any different , they are caucasions like us, unless you want to get into the nitty gritty of Celts, Saxons, Vikings , movarians etc.

if you sent them pictures then I definitely wouldn't worry ,
    they will have taken careful consideration to match you
    xx