* Author Topic: BFP Due Date - March/April 2020  (Read 16084 times)

0 Members

Offline hannahdaisy

• Gold Member
modify
BFP Due Date - March/April 2020
« Reply #10 on: 28/08/19, 21:26 »
Omnom - hoping I'm back on here on Friday afternoon/evening with good news. Feels so close but far away at the same time, think I'm getting more nervous as I get closer to that day. Thank you, yeah, it's lovely that it's possible to create a family that way. Looking forward to seeing what similarities they both have as we don't have any photos of the donor. Not silly at all to start applying Bio Oil, go for it! I started using the special pregnancy cocoa butter cream last time and Bio Oil. I used the cocoa butter from about 5 weeks I think, thought it was better to just start softening that area up early! I've been a bit rubbish with it this time but must get better because my belly already feels huge! I usually did cocoa butter in the morning because it wasn't too greasy and then did Bio Oil just before bed to give it time to soak in. Have you started to get a bump?

Cakebaby - I look forward to following your journey :) I had an anterior placenta with my first pregnancy and felt movement just before my 20 week scan, it was on and off and some days I didn't really feel anything at first but then it really started to increase. At my 9 week scan I noticed that the notes said anterior again, bit of a shame as I love feeling those movements! Wondering if it can change/move though as my friend's placenta was covering her cervix and they thought she may need a c-section but they checked again a few weeks later and it had moved!

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline Cakebaby

modify
    « Reply #11 on: 28/08/19, 21:38 »
    That's good to hear your experience with anterior placenta before. Apparently as the baby grows the placenta can grow and move with the baby, so I guess it is possible to change slightly. Good luck with your scan Friday. I was absolutely bricking it when I went for my scan. I was kind of convinced we'd have had news as I didn't think we'd be so lucky. I'm still trying hard to convince myself that all will be okay and I just have to be positive. X

Offline Evie777

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #12 on: 3/09/19, 19:26 »
    Hello ladies!! I was a bit rubbish at keeping up with posts on the early pregnancy thread, but hoping to be better here, as less tired now. Still feel a bit funny posting here, I am 11+3 today. I have my 12 week scan this Thursday (little earlier than 12 weeks, but it's the NHS one, think it can be anytime between 11-14 weeks?).

I had a private scan at 10 weeks, which was amazing! Heard the baby's heart and it already looked so much more like a little baby, I was surprised! Can't wait for the scan on Thu, but not so excited about all the tests. In other news, my symptoms have eased off a bit and I can't stop eating! I already have a little bump and booobs!!! ;D

Eeeek...can't believe I'm I'm in this new thread! Excited to follow everyone's journeys! xx

Offline hannahdaisy

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #13 on: 5/09/19, 07:45 »
    Good luck with your scan today Evie!

I posted an update in the early pregnancy thread, but my scan on Friday went well. Baby was very wriggly and making it tricky to get measurements. Amazing to see how much they're moving around when you can't feel any of it!

Booked a gender scan for the end of the month, very excited! Have a big feeling that it's another boy after the huge bump that we saw between the legs at the scan, but lets see if we're right!

Offline Omnomnom:)

• Hi :) I talk too much
    modify
    « Reply #14 on: 18/09/19, 17:24 »
    Hello ladies 👋😊

Hope we're all doing well & simply watching the months fly by like myself. I'll blink and it will be Halloween, and then I'll be throwing one of these up 🎄 before I know it.

Let us know how you got on with your scan Evie! Super excited to find out. Glad your appetites back & your symptoms have eased. I'm rubbish with replying on here too so I can totally relate. I'd like to think this is going to be quite a relaxed thread seeing as we're gonna be here for a while so I'm sure it won't matter.

HD - Fantastic news about your scan! Definitely can appreciate the wriggling as we had the same problem. I have to chase our LO with the doppler now as they simply won't stay still very long. Can't wait till your gender reveal! Hope you're feeling OK so far. What would your eldest prefer in terms of a brother or sister? The advice with the cocoa butter and bio oil were perfect btw. Deinfitely made sense to do them in that order. I don't remember everyday but I really try, ha.

Cris - Bless, you must be so busy with your girls. Just hoping everything is well with you. Hope to hear from you soon and find out how you got on with the OB.

Cake - Hi and welcome! Lovely to hear everything is going well so far for you. Our midwife explained that an NT of less than 3mm was ideal. The bleeding must have been so nerve wracking. So glad it's resolved itself. Your symptoms sound identical to mine (apart from the heartburn). It always fills me with relief to hear others are experiencing all the same things, even if they're not always the most wonderful symptoms😄. I remind myself that it all very reassuring until we feel some movement. Be lovely to hear your nausea has eased soon. I've just seen we share the exact same due date! Eeek. Have you had your 15wk scan & if so, how did you get on?

16wks Friday and the bump is really growing. I love it! I never reported back about my (near 14wk) scan. All was perfect aside from a shy baby who didn't want to be measured 😂. Bless them. The movements the sonographer made me do were a little humiliating but we got there in the end. She called my baby 'awkward' and my hackles went up, ha. Results showed a super low chance of anything like Downs etc which we were relieved about. The thought of being first time parents is scary enough for us. So yes, all looking good so far.

Gender scan this Saturday. Sooooooo excited to share the experience with DH. We both can't wait. Hoping to update you all soon with good news and to confirm if we have a baby with a winkle or not.

Anyway, I'll catch up with you all shortly! xx

Offline hannahdaisy

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #15 on: 19/09/19, 10:58 »
    Omnom - I know, I keep thinking about the scan, can't wait to just know! 9 more days. I don't think my little boy has much of an idea about boys and girls yet. He has a lot of little friends of both genders and plays well with both. Hoping he's young enough not to care about it! He's 20 months now and has finally just started walking, so exciting! That good, I keep forgetting too! I took the Bio Oil away with me in the summer too and now I can't find it!! Just using the cocoa butter for now.

Look forward to hearing your gender update at the weekend!

Offline Claudia H

• Gold Member
    • no regrets
    modify
    « Reply #16 on: 20/09/19, 15:56 »
    hello all - just jumping on to day hello - some of you might recognise me from the early pregnancy thread..

I am 13+1 today with our second DE baby. NIPT results and 12 weeks scan all good so I'm beginning to relax and let myself think this is happening. My EDD is March 26th 2020.

will read through posts over the weekend - look forward to getting to know everyone over the next 6 months...

xxx

Offline hannahdaisy

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #17 on: 22/09/19, 20:05 »
    Good to see you on here Claudia :) also looking forward to getting to know everyone and following the pregnancies.

Hope your scan went well Omnom!

When we found out my little boy's gender we just told people and showed them the photo where it said 'boy' on the scan. Decided to do something a little bit different this time. Have ordered confetti cannons (had to get pink and blue ones because obviously we don't know which one we need!) and will make a little video of us showering him with confetti. Hoping it's not too loud and doesn't scare him!

For family I'm making some little cakes the night before and after the scan going to come back and either put some pink or blue sweets inside. My work are doing the Macmillan coffee morning on the Monday so going to take some in for them too. So excited!!

Got an appointment with a consultant on Tuesday to talk about what happened at my last birth and to discuss an elective c-section, then got the midwife on Wednesday. Busy week with 3 baby appointments!

Offline Omnomnom:)

• Hi :) I talk too much
    modify
    « Reply #18 on: 23/09/19, 09:54 »
    We had our private 16wk scan Saturday & everything looked just as it should. Baby measuring perfectly with a strong HB. She confirmed we're having a little boy 💙 and we honestly couldn't be more thrilled. We wrapped up a tiny outfit for my Nanna to do the reveal (she's in a care home) and filmed her reaction. It was wonderful.

Now we wait for the 20wk scan. We've promised ourselves we won't be purchasing anything until much later in the pregnancy, maybe catch the Boxing Day/January sales. I just hope work distracts me in the meantime. I might have to grab myself a pregnancy pillow while I wait!

HD - Those ideas sounds brilliant! We'd originally thought of a big family pass the parcel to involve all the nieces and nephews but sadly there's not one moment we're all in the country at the same time what with holidays and such. Might save that idea for any siblings, haha. Best of luck with all your meetings this week. Was the gender scan this Saturday coming for you?

Claudia - Lovely to see you here! There's quite a few of you on baby#2 that I feel like a novice 😄. Look forward to your updates too.

Offline hannahdaisy

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #19 on: 23/09/19, 11:45 »
    Lovely news :) a little boy! Did you have any guesses about the gender beforehand? Another good time that I found to shop during my first pregnancy was Black Friday. Amazon was especially good! I remember getting quite a few things from there and Mamas and Papas. Even shopped ahead and got a Jumperoo for much cheaper because we knew we'd want one anyway in a few months. If you can get yourself to a Baby Show (the big London and Birmingham ones) you'll get brilliant deals too. I'm going to the London one in October. A pregnancy pillow is fab, definitely get one! I got a huge one from Amazon.

Yes, ours is this Saturday, want the days to hurry up! We're having the same issue with family not being together so we're getting most of my side of the family on Saturday afternoon/evening then probably seeing some of my partner's family on the Sunday. People we can't see will hopefully get a lovely video of a confetti cannon going over our son!