* Author Topic: BFP Due Date - March/April 2020  (Read 11551 times)

0 Members

Offline Omnomnom:)

• Hi :) I talk too much
modify
BFP Due Date - March/April 2020
« Reply #110 on: 9/02/20, 10:37 »
HD - GTT went terribly. The fasting never agrees with me and then that awful liquid they give you sitting on an empty stomach is just intolerable. I was sick after the 2nd injection so my results are now questionable. I should still get some form of reading but it won't be as accurate. I'm going to refuse another one if they offer. They only booked it because they weren't 100% about my urine sample but even then they were holding it at funny angles and 'just being extra cautious'. Same with my iron levels being 'a little bit low' so I was given tablets that I can safely say are horrendous. They slow my digestive system down enough that going to the bathroom is almost painful where there's literally no moisture (TMI, sorry!) and I'm more tired than I was before.

I trust that my body is capable of doing what it needs to without 'topping up' with meds and performing extra checks here and there. I hate taking tablets as it is. Especially when I have no other symptoms of anything, literally couldn't feel healthier. I just eat too many sweet things and not enough greens. I'm taking my prenatals more religiously now so hopefully they might leave me alone for the next month.

Having a good old rant today 😂. Apologies! On a more positive note, I was sharing the ward with the tiniest newborn babies having their measurements done and I couldn't help but get super excited to meet mine. Even if he's a heffa in comparison, haha. I should have my scan on Tuesday and then they should be booking me in for a consultation shortly after if he's breech so we can pick a date. If he's head down then I really hope he doesn't spin back round again and I can try for my water birth! We finally picked our Silver Cross travel system too which should arrive soon. Eeeeek!

It's horrible to hear you've been struggling this last fortnight. The risks sound really minimal for the Sudafed. Just hope it continues to bring you some relief! You're so close to the end of work now too which will hopefully do you some good. For a moment I was thinking 'ah she's got BH' s, it's brilliant that her body is preparing, and then I remembered you're having a caesarian' 😂 which is slightly less brilliant. I hope he stays put for you! Wish I had BH's. Least I might get some idea of how early labour feels. Oh that poor lady must have really needed an epidural, haha. 2 ladies from my hypnobirthing have had their gorgeous babies now and both raved about the techniques we'd learnt so I'm keeping positive!

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline hannahdaisy

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #111 on: 9/02/20, 17:40 »
    Oh dear, I've always thought that the tests sounded horrible! Hopefully you'll be fine without the extra medication as you say. If you make sure you're taking your prenatals then they've got the extra iron in and you could try and be extra cautious, ensuring you're putting extra iron rich foods into your meals etc.

Ah it's lovely isn't it. I went and saw some of my friends yesterday and one of them has a baby who was born in October, he's getting so alert and smiley now. I keep going in between being nervous to go through the c-section etc and then being so excited for baby to be here. At the moment, I'm feeling the excitement. My little boy didn't take too much notice of the baby yesterday, but did stroke his head after some encouragement and touched his hand and said 'hello baby'. Very sweet!

Aww, what Silver Cross did you go for? That's what we used the first time around. We had a Pioneer, just need to clean it up and sell it now.

Haha, yes, the BHs yesterday did start to give me a slight reminder of what contractions were like, although nowhere near as strong I must say! Just felt very tight and like my belly was rock hard. I felt much better sinus wise yesterday and then it came right back again today and I couldn't clear it with the spray :( went back to bed for about 3hrs in the morning, felt bad for my partner but I just couldn't cope. I had a bath later in the afternoon and that cleared it so I took the opportunity and sprayed my nose while it was clear for a minute. Just feel so much pressure and all stuffy. I'm off on a Monday so glad not to have to worry about work tomorrow. Will ring for an emergency GP appointment if I feel as terrible again tomorrow morning I think.

Lovely that the hypnobirthing has worked for them. Hopefully it'll work for you too, even if you end up with a c-section.

modify
    « Reply #112 on: 11/02/20, 17:28 »
    Very pleased to report LO is now head down & engaged :D It must have happened in my sleep, I haven't felt a thing.

Feel like we've taken a step closer and my ideal birth isn't so out of reach. A little bit nervous that he could decide to arrive anytime from now if he wished, haha. I just suppose I don't really know what to expect. In a few hours, I'll need to ring for my GTT results. Not holding my breath particularly. So glad we're nearing the end! All the appointments are tiring.

Your boy sounds so sweet, HD. He's going to adore his brother, no doubt. We went for the Silver Cross Wayfarer Special Edition - Camden, with the simplifix base. I love the colour and how light it felt. I've heard the wheels are not ideal for more rural areas but that won't affect us thankfully. Did you ring the GP or are you starting to feel any better? I was ill I don't know how many weeks ago now & I just can't shift my snotty nose! I'm not feeling unwell though. I wonder if our immune systems are just letting us down.

Offline MommyKenny

modify
    « Reply #113 on: 13/02/20, 01:47 »
    Omnomnom, so it's really that quick isn't it - isn't nature wonderful?  I guess you are all set.

Hannah - did you ask your doc what meds you can take?  I'm prone to allergic rhinitis but good thing it didn't act up so far.

A lot of us are due soon, just want to say thank you ladies for sharing this journey, you ladies are a huge help.

Offline hannahdaisy

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #114 on: 13/02/20, 12:15 »
    Omnom - wow, that's great news for you! Amazing what they can manage to do in there with such little room isn't it! I saw the midwife yesterday and our little one is still in exactly the same place, can't even remember how long that's been now. Really could come any time now, you're right. Although I'm hoping that he holds out! I've had so many plans to finish off my hospital bag on my day's off but then felt too poorly to do it!

What did they say about your results?

Love the special edition ones, we had the Pioneer Brompton. Loved the colour and the material.

Still not feeling great, but a bit better I think. The midwife told me to get an emergency appointment today and ask for antibiotics because it's been 2 weeks now and our immune systems are suppressed during pregnancy. That was the plan until my little boy got really poorly. My parents gave him Calpol twice yesterday and then said he's very unwell. I got there and he was just drowsy, red, boiling hot and shaking, was so horrible. Had to drive him home on my own and I could see him shaking in the car seat. We gave him some Ibuprofen when we were home and his temp was still high so we spoke to 111 twice. Ended up taking him to the hospital. Typically, once we got there he'd cooled down a bit after being out in the car etc and was a bit perkier for the doctor. Good to get everything checked though and they said it's not an ear or throat infection, just a bad virus. He's still very poorly today and has just wanted to sit and cuddle and watch tv so far. He's having a nap now so hopefully that'll cheer him up. Means I'm not going to the doctors anyway!

MommyKenny - I mentioned it to the midwife yesterday and said I bought Sudafed and researched the warnings etc and she said that was fine, agreed that it was more to do with the first trimester and organs forming etc. Yep, not long now for some of us. My c-section date was 4 weeks yesterday, ah!

modify
    « Reply #115 on: 14/02/20, 12:16 »
    HD - Your poor son, sounds like he was in quite a state with the fever. Last thing you need! Relieved to hear he perked up and like you said, hopefully he'll sleep off the worst of it. Such a shame with the timing but it can't be helped and your boy is of course the priority. Just hope he makes a speedy recovery, bless him.

With less than 4 weeks, you could be meeting your LO before me! You must be getting so excited now. Just checked out the Brompton and they're really similar! Both look really lovely. How do you feel you will cope with the caesarian recovery and your 2 little men? Is your partner taking time off too?

Mommykenny - I'm certainly relieved that I didn't feel anything. Everyone in my hypnobirthing group keeps messaging how they're 'so done', 'uncomfortable' and 'ready to give birth' and I'm over here just not seeing the urgency 😅. Think it's the thought of the unknown getting the better of me sometimes, but yes, other than that I really am ready! What about you? Everything prepared?

I called for the GTT results and they said they wouldn't be accurate and so I would need to ring the diabetic nurses and ask their opinion, which I've rung a few times with no answer. I have a MW appointment next Friday. I'm sure they will have the results so I will wait, by which point I will be 38wks and even less interested in tests and meds so I will gently decline if they offer another one.

I did ask the MW to organise an appointment with the consultant incase I would need  to book a caesarian with him being breech. The letter came yesterday with the appointment date of the 3rd March 😂. My EDD is the 6th. I'm sure I could be forgiven in thinking this is all being organised a little last minute. I will call them today and cancel the appointment as the last scan confirmed he's head down anyway. Bit confused as to what they class as a priority.

Offline katkat2014

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #116 on: 14/02/20, 21:08 »
    Omnomnom, that's so interesting that the baby suddenly turned, great news! I am confused by how all these appointments are managed. And really a little last minute for you to have a consultant appointment so late. So if baby is now head down does it will stay that way?

Hannahdaisy I hope your son is feeling better soon!

Afm, I've done a couple of further repeat ALT tests and the last two were normal again so they now stopped monitoring me for cholestasis! I am 29 weeks and had a growth scan today. Baby was in breech and measured a week ahead. I think she's quite big. She was small till week 20, then average around week 25 and now on the large spectrum. My partner and I are both thin people so I'm finding this very strange! Her tummy was quite big. I have gained 9kg so far in this pregnancy, what's it supposed to be? I feel huge, but just my stomach, all else is totally normal  ;D

Offline hannahdaisy

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #117 on: 16/02/20, 12:52 »
    Omnom - he's still quite poorly, bless him. Temp seems better today but just can't stop coughing which is sometimes making him sick and tries to refuse medicine, doesn't want to drink much. Probably another day off of nursery tomorrow which is a shame for a few reasons!

I'm excited, but also terrified! Terrified about the actual operation and then scared about the recovery again, plus having a toddler that won't understand what's going on. Ah well, just have to go for it, have trust that the op and recovery will go as well as they can do and that my eldest can be distracted by everyone else and not be too affected by it. So excited to meet this little one, have cuddles, see his little face! Seems so surreal still at the moment, so close, yet far away! Yeah, my partner will have 2 weeks off, starting from the section date. This is good because last time she took it off from the induction day (Wednesday) and then baby wasn't born until the Friday evening, she also went back to work a bit early. Means we know she gets the full two weeks this time which will be great. Is your husband off for 2 weeks?

Haha, an appointment on the 3rd doesn't seem like a whole heap of help! Hopefully baby will just stay head down and no need for booking anything!

Kat - not sure on how much you should gain. Think someone found a good chart on Baby Center before that you put your own height and weight into and it told you specifically what to expect. Maybe you'd be able to find that? I have to admit, I've been quite slack with eating well etc this pregnancy which I didn't think I would be, but luckily I seem to have mostly just put it onto my stomach too and everything else has stayed the same from what I can tell. Will give myself a few weeks to indulge once baby is here and then start to behave myself again!

modify
    « Reply #118 on: 17/02/20, 14:48 »
    HD - Could he manage nursery today or did you keep him off? Sounds as if he wouldn't be up for much activity bless him. Ah I'm glad to hear your partner will be there to support you during your recovery and she'll get that quality time with you all. I can completely appreciate how anxious you must feel, it's one thing to have the surgery and deal with all that comes with it but then to have a toddler relying on you when they struggle to understand your limitations. It can't be easy. Equally I'm sure it will be a textbook procedure and it will all go smoothly for you 👌 and you'll be having those precious cuddles! It'll make it so worth it. I'm so excited for your son to have a little brother.

I'm quite lucky in that my husband will be taking a week off but then when he decides to return to work, I will have my mum who works evenings to support me during the day until he gets home. I wont have to do very much on my own. I'm super close with my mum too and she's my 2nd birth partner, so it takes a lot of weight off of those early weeks and months where I will undoubtedly struggle.

Honestly, the disbelief when I read the letter...  just worrying really. I'd like to think he wont budge now, I will remain hopeful and keep assessing his movements incase they completely change position. Interested to know how my appointment will go this Friday with the MW. I've cut out excess sugars, certain carbs and I keep taking my prenatals in hopes my urine sample wont show a trace of sugar.

Katkat - In 37 weeks I've gone from 8st to 10.7st. I reckon that the 7lb is our son 😂. I seem to have put on more than they recommend but personally I couldn't be happier. I know he's a good, healthy weight and I don't feel like me having an underweight BMI pre-pregnancy has hindered him in any way which I originally thought might be the case. I just used the pregnancy weight gain calculator on the baby center website. Not sure how accurate it is mind 🤷‍♀️. Let us know what you think. Hopefully your little one is just like mine, he's measuring a week ahead too but nothing to be concerned about. Our sonographer said they could be 20% out on all the measurements as well. If she gets too big I would think they would discuss your options with you. I'm sure it won't be necessary though!

Offline hannahdaisy

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #119 on: 18/02/20, 09:05 »
    No, he didn't manage nursery unfortunately. Hopefully he'll go on Thursday. He's gone to his grandad's today so I hope that he has a good time there and doesn't feel too poorly. He seems a bit better but lots of coughing still.

Yep, so glad that she'll be there for the two weeks and then we've both got our families around here and I'm hoping they'll want to come around a lot, especially in the early days! Sounds like it'll be lovely for you too to have your husband and mum around. I had visitors last time that were offering to wash up, take out rubbish and recycling for me, hoover etc and at first I felt a bit bad but definitely take the help!

Hope Friday goes well!

Going to pop into the shops in a bit while I'm on my own and get a few more hospital bag bits hopefully. Want some cheap slippers that I can easily just get my feet into without having to bend down and pull them on, and some loose clothes for coming home from the hospital and the first few weeks at home.