* Author Topic: BFP Due Date - March/April 2020  (Read 14653 times)

0 Members

Offline Omnomnom:)

• Hi :) I talk too much
modify
BFP Due Date - March/April 2020
« Reply #120 on: 19/02/20, 16:52 »
I'm sure a lovely day with Grandad has helped take his mind off it. Ah, they sound like the best visitors ever! Thank you, I'm a little nervous for Friday but I'm sure it will be fine. With a date in your mind it must be so exciting knowing that you'll be bringing him home 💙.

Lots of vivid dreams of meeting our boy at the moment. They're wonderful but then I wake up sad that he's not here. I know it won't be long now. The latest they will let me go is the 18th March but I hope he's here by then! It's nice to have a latest date in mind at least. House is now officially straight. Everything set up and ready to go. Nothing to do but wait and relax ☺️.

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline hannahdaisy

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #121 on: 19/02/20, 20:23 »
    Yeah, apparently he had quite a good day with him, although Grandad didn't put him down to nap so he fell asleep in the car on the way home and then was very grumpy when he had to be woken up to come indoors! Apart from that he said he played, ate and drank well etc. Another quite bad sleep last night, waking up coughing still, and then a mammoth nap this afternoon, more than 3 hours!

Yes, for sure. Three weeks today!! Hopefully we'll be able to do some more sorting tomorrow if we can make it to nursery. Got the Snuzpod ready to set up, think we're going to make the carrycot for the pram to check that we have all of the pieces and that it all fits together as the double. Got a few hospital bag bits to still sort out too like my going home clothes, hats, bibs and socks/bootees for baby etc. Must feel so lovely to have everything ready, feel like I have lots of little jobs to do!

Hope he's here before the 18th for you too! Could be any day now really. Are you doing anything to encourage it?

modify
    « Reply #122 on: 21/02/20, 12:40 »
    Feeling elated today! For some reason, I was on the defensive when I went into the midwife appointment but I had one of the really lovely ones who ran our antenatal class. She confirmed my GTT results and iron levels are normal, which is strange seeing as I messed the GTT up and I've hardly taken the iron meds. But oh well! Baby still engaged & could arrive at any time now. Beautiful, strong HB and a good size. I even got shown the birthing pools which was quite wonderful (if a little bit too real for me). I'm booked in for a MW on 6/3 (EDD) & she asked if I would consider a sweep which I definitely would. I would prefer not to be induced at a later date. So he really could be with us in the next fortnight or so! Aaaaaaaaaaah! I couldn't be more physically ready in myself and having everything packed but psychologically I'm not sure I'm ever going to be there until it just happens. The birthing suite number is on the fridge in huge caps so the husband doesn't need to do anything now but follow very clear instructions.

HD - It's such a relief to hear your son is improving every day. I know he had the epic nap but perhaps that's done his recovery some good. Hopefully, he's well and truly over it in time for his little brothers' arrival. Don't think you need that added stress. Less than 3 weeks for you now! They'll be here before we know it! Hows the hospital bag coming along? How are you feeling now as well? Any better than you were?

I have quite leaky boobs so apart from cleaning them and checking them more regularly (& therefore inadvertently stimulating them), I haven't done anything to encourage our LO. Kind of hoping he'll make that final decision so I don't have to, haha. 

Offline hannahdaisy

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #123 on: 21/02/20, 14:38 »
    That's great! At least you didn't have to battle about medication or anything. I agree, I don't think you ever really feel psychologically ready because you can't really imagine what's about to happen and the impact that it'll have on everything. As long as everything is packed and ready, that's all you can really do now, just wait!

He seems much better, thanks! He had quite a good time at nursery yesterday although they did say his nose was streaming, poor boy! He's slept much better the past two nights so hoping that'll continue. Feeling better in myself, although my son and partner have definitely given me their cold so I've gone straight from a sinus infection to a normal cold! Ah well.

Hospital bag is coming along ok, still need to find my going home outfit and a few little bits like snacks for the hospital, headphones etc. Need to wash some hats, bibs and socks for the baby too. Got them all out yesterday and sorted them into the different colours so now more big wash loads to do! My aunty's coming over later so that we can get some more bits done around the house. I made the carrycot for the pram yesterday and it took forever, it was so tricky! Glad we got that done in advance. Went to make the Snuzpod but none of the allen keys would fit so we're hopefully gonna get one today. That'll make it feel real, having the cot in the bedroom!

My midwife spoke to me about colostrum harvesting, has yours? They never mentioned it last time and I think it really varies from hospital to hospital. I have to say, I'm a bit too nervous in case I end up bringing on labour early!

modify
    « Reply #124 on: 21/02/20, 19:52 »
    I know, I really couldn't believe how effortless the appointment was. Its exactly that, I mean how does anyone prepare themselves for experiencing labour, the birth of your first child and then trying to breastfeed them when you have literally no idea! 3 concurrent, overwhelming and exhausting experiences which you can't relate to until the moment you do it. I'm sure it doesn't just end at the hospital either. Aaah, it's all just daunting and yet I'm super excited as I know you only get to go through it a handful of times and each time will be different and magical in its own way. I have to be very grateful that I get to experience it at all!! ☺️ That and I just can't wait to squidge him.

Fantastic that your boy is getting over his poorly spell. Typical that you ended up with a cold though! Saying that, I'm sure you'd take that over the sinus infection, that sounded downright painful. Hope you both make full recoveries and soon! You've reminded me that I need to stock up on some snacks, I've only packed boiled sweets. Its hard to know exactly what to take. Eeeek, sounds like you're almost there though. I agree about the cot. Ours is in the box as I'm worried if we set it up too quick then the kittens will claim it 😂 So lovely of your Aunty to help, bless her. We need all the support we can get. Are you packing more than one size of outfit?

No one has mentioned it to me but I agree with you, surely that would encourage the release of oxytocin? Not ideal for someone like yourself with a date in mind. I wouldn't personally harvest mine as I have no containers of any type for that and I imagine I will continue making the colostrum once he's in my arms. Whenever I dream about him I get really leaky so I'm sure I'll be fine 😄 ha. If your labour did start spontaneously before your elective date, how would it likely pan out? Is it just a case of an emergency c-section?

Offline hannahdaisy

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #125 on: 22/02/20, 20:49 »
    Exactly, it definitely doesn't just stop at the hospital. Even things like the first time you go out, the first time you take them in the car (especially on your own), I used to even get nervous taking him to the supermarket in case he got hungry and started to cry but I was in the middle of shopping and couldn't feed him haha. Just a whole new thing to get used to and learn about. Even now he's still so unpredictable, still learning! Ah I know, so exciting isn't it.

Yes, would definitely take a normal cold over a sinus infection. Hope I never have to experience that again because it was awful and just so long and drawn out! Yep, I can't quite remember what I took last time. Think I Googled it and got some good ideas. Think one of things was the packets of mini breadsticks, took some Haribo. Definitely get some Lucozade Sport. My mother-in-law also found me some Lucozade water with added electrolytes and bought that to me when she came to visit at the hospital last time. That was handy and I used it when I made squash etc.

Made the Snuzpod and it's now up and next to the bed, feels very real, eek! Yeah, it's lovely to have lots of family around to help. She often comes over and we make her dinner and she lets us get on with jobs we need doing. For the hospital bag I've packed mostly newborn babygrows and then 1 or 2 up to 1 month ones just in case he's a bit bigger.

Exactly, think I'm too nervous to do it! I don't have any containers either and I told the midwife that. She said that a pharmacy might give them to us or if you just Google it there'd be kits that'd come up etc. She said to use 1ml syringes. I kind of wish I'd done it last time because after all the blood loss I struggled to produce anything and the midwifes had to keep helping and it was honestly like I was being milked like a cow. Wasn't very pleasant! I was so weak that I had to just lay there in bed and they'd spend ages trying to get some little droplets out. Nice of them to make the effort though coz it wasn't easy!

If labour started early the midwife said to ring ASAP and that it'd be classed as an emergency but not like the last one, just because it wasn't on the right date. I said I was worried they'll say they have no space for me but she said that wouldn't happen and that the elective list would get held back for example. Still nervous about it though because I'd heard you might just have to wait and that you're not necessarily a huge priority. Really hoping baby stays put until the date!

modify
    « Reply #126 on: 23/02/20, 23:11 »
    I can only imagine how new and daunting it must all feel. Amazing to think that you learn as much from them as they do from you, even as they grow. Thank you for the snack advice, I've got myself some lucozade sports now too. Ah, I love how just setting up the bedside cot let's the reality set in and you're one step closer! It's feeling like a late Christmas over here with all the new gadgets around the house. We feel like big kids just waiting on the main present now!

I keep rubbing my belly and telling him how excited we are to meet him. He still won't budge 😂. That's not a bad shout about the baby grows. I bought this set that has varied sizes but I wonder if one of each is enough. The little suitcase is fit to bursting. I have to remember that the hospital is a 5 minute drive from home so it really isn't much of a stress if we need something. Packed lots of bibs, hats and mits as I couldn't decide my favourites, haha.

That was quite sweet of the midwives to try and help you out. There doesn't seem to be much dignity in motherhood, does there? 😂. I'm really responsive at the moment so I guess I'm taking it for granted, just hope I don't regret my decision not to express early. Its sort of reasurring to hear that they would fit you in no matter what for the c-section. As you rightly said, you just have to trust they can offer you a slot as quickly as possible! Everything crossed that your LO will behave himself and chill till the elective date.

** Hope all the ladies on this thread are keeping well, whether you're preoccupied with work or finally getting to enjoy your maternity. Look forward to hearing how you're all getting on 😘

Offline hannahdaisy

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #127 on: 24/02/20, 16:12 »
    Really is getting so close isn't it! Yeah, I've just Googled 'snack ideas for hospital bag' and lots of things came up. Seeing lots of things about cereal bars, flapjacks, rice cakes, chewing gum, fruit, sweets, biscuits. Will have to grab some of these things when I next go shopping. I keep getting nervous that it'll happen early and that certain things won't be ready. Getting that last minute panic. Should have a few more sessions where my little one is at nursery and I should be able to shop and sort things out but who knows!

I would say to pack some more outfits if you can squeeze them in. Just checked our hospital website's list and they suggest 4x babygrows and 4x vests. Good that you're close to the hospital to quickly grab more bits if you need them though. We had to change our first son's clothes quite often because of nappy leaks and sickness. They do say that's more common after a c-section I think though because their lungs haven't had the stuff squeezed out of them. I remember he kept throwing up yellow liquid and we were continually asking for sheets and having to change the cot too. If you have a nice, straightforward birth then hopefully you'll be back at home really quickly anyway!

Hats, bibs and mitts are one of my next jobs actually. We washed a whole load of them at the weekend and now just need to choose which ones to take. The main thing that we're umming and ahhing over is which hat to take into theatre with us.

Haha, no, most dignity must just be left at the door I'm afraid! Just kept telling myself that they see and do all of this however many times a day. Just got to go with it.

Yep, very quiet on here isn't it! Hope everyone is doing well.

modify
    « Reply #128 on: 25/02/20, 16:49 »
    Definitely! Feels so imminent now. Especially as everyone around me is getting impatient, ha. They're some great suggestions, especially the breakfast bars & flapjacks. I'm a fan of those! Ah, try not to stress. I'm sure you'll get everything you need with some time to spare. Perhaps a family member could grab anything you couldn't get round to? Mum has asked if I need more outfits so she said why don't we repack the suitcase, add some more and she'll buy any extra's we feel we need. This will be Friday, so hopefully he doesn't decide to arrive before then. I have this overwhelming feeling that he's not going to play ball when I have the sweep on 6/03 and instead I'll have to be induced 2 weeks late. Apparently being induced can make it unbearably painful in a much shorter time period. Perhaps before then, I'll try the hot curry first, washed down by raspberry leaf tea, before jumping on the hubby whilst getting him to tweak my nipples 😂 literally anything to avoid unnecessary pain! If all that fails then my hypnobirthing may fall by the wayside and I'll be leaning towards an epidural, haha. I'm such a wuss!

Aw, choosing that right outfit is just the best and the mitts are always sooooooo tiny, I love them!! Fingers crossed I'm away with the fairies on G&A or something and oblivious to it all when I'm completely on display & my body isn't giving 2 hoots about my dignity, ha. MW rang me to confirm whether I would like the case closed with the GTT, only because it wasn't fully completed with all 3 blood tests so it was my choice. From the results they had, she confirmed it was highly unlikely that I have GD so that's some welcome news.

When's your next MW appointment, HD?

Offline hannahdaisy

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #129 on: 25/02/20, 21:45 »
    Yep, anything with oats is more of a slow release energy isn't it and filling. When I go food shopping in the next few days I'm going to grab some of these bits. Ah that's lovely, some nice extra outfits for baby :) I'm sure with some repacking you'll manage to squeeze it all in. Haha, yes, try it all! Hard to know what to believe in terms of what will actually work isn't it. If it's nothing too awful you might as well try!

Yeah, you won't care when it comes to the time! Just doing whatever you can and whatever they say to help you to meet baby boy :) good news about the GTT!

My next appointment is Thursday, when is yours? Not sure if I'll have anymore after that because the week after I have my pre-op appointment at the hospital, then a few days later is the c-section.