* Author Topic: BFP Due Date - March/April 2020  (Read 16137 times)

0 Members

Offline katkat2014

• Gold Member
modify
BFP Due Date - March/April 2020
« Reply #140 on: 8/03/20, 22:16 »
Hannahdaisy and omnomnom, just wanted to wish you the best of luck for the fairly imminent arrival of your babies  :-*

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline Omnomnom:)

• Hi :) I talk too much
    modify
    « Reply #141 on: 9/03/20, 20:54 »
    Katkat - Thank you my lovely. I hope you're right and it is fairly imminent. I'm starting to wonder if I'll ever give birth 😂. How are you feeling? I look forward to keeping an eye on this thread to see how everyone gets on.

HD - Fin is the cutest name! And Raffy! It's great knowing someone who feels the same about common names. I can't imagine looking at a baby and naming it 'Keith' or 'Dave' haha, but obviously some people do! Each to their own. Aw, it'll be lovely being able to surprise them all. I'm glad you both enjoyed your meal even if it was a quick one. Your partner must feel obligated to get this all done and sorted before Wednesday. I honestly don't know how she's coping with the pressure. Trooper!!

Ah! So many options when it comes to grub. I love hot cross buns so I might nibble on them in the morning. Apparently I need to call at 8am in order to establish what time I should be going in for induction. I'm going to be sick with nerves. I'd rather our little bear made his appearance without being forced. 2 more ladies from hypnobirthing now have their babies (born yesterday). I walk everywhere, clean everything and don't sit down all day. This baby is not budging!

I'm quite envious that you're having the contractions/period pains. I know it's not ideal for you but at least you know you're baby is preparing for the birth. I'm over here experiencing zilch. I could cry. On a serious note I really hope your LO stays put! If you're mentally preparing for Wednesday it would just be a bit of a last minute stress if he decided to arrive tomorrow. Thankfully you're not waiting long though 😁💙. So exciting! I can't wait to hear about Fin's reaction.

Offline hannahdaisy

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #142 on: 10/03/20, 11:58 »
    Thanks Kat! Hope you're doing well.

Thanks Omnom. I know, I was coming out with names like Eden and Remi and just getting told no. We've agreed on Rafferty because we've both got Irish families and the boy's surnames are Irish too so it works well. Our families laughed at Rafferty when I first said it and then gradually some of them started to come around to it, but because my partner said no they'll think it's gonna be something else I reckon. Oh I know, she's under so much pressure and I bet she has so much to try and get done today.

Yes, I did something similar. I had to ring up early and then be given a time. Can't remember what I ate or anything, was feeling super nervous, I'm sure! Yeah, much nicer if he comes by himself. He must be comfy in there though!

Haha, I know, I want them to go away and you're desperate to feel them! Also sure that I've been losing my plug which has been making me even more nervous, even though I know that happens to people weeks before sometimes. At first, I didn't think it was because there was no blood but I Googled it and it can just be clear so I think that's what it is.

Ah I know, I can't tell what he'll be like. Could be super cute and want to kiss, stroke etc but also may take absolutely no notice and want to just go walking around and play! Very unpredictable in that sense. We're not going to have any visitors tomorrow because we think it'll be quite late by the time I've been in recovery for a few hours etc but he's going to come after nursery on Thursday.

modify
    « Reply #143 on: 10/03/20, 22:26 »
    I walked my little socks off round our local town today and he's not paying a blind bit of notice to my efforts. I love him dearly but he's testing my patience 😂. Caught up with my Nanna, Aunt and her friend which was lovely. Beaux got the hiccups so I let them all have a feel of my tummy and they were squealing and cooing. It was really sweet. Just about everyone I know has messaged in the last few days. Even my husband is being hounded for news! It's as if they truly believe we wouldn't tell them he'd arrived, ha. Ah see I haven't even lost my mucus plug yet. My mum went overdue with all 3 of us, never lost her mucus plug or had her waters break but for some reason she would spontaneously go into labour about a day or two before her induction date. Perhaps I'll be the same and have this baby over the weekend🤞.

I've had a few delayed responses to the name Beaux but it never bothers me. I find the name quite unoffensive and personally think kids will find a way to bully someone regardless of whether they have a workable nickname or not. DH and I agreed that he would be laughing at himself way before anyone else could tease him anyway. Pair of us are so thick skinned and wind eachother up relentlessly that I think it will only be natural for him to adopt our lack of sensitivity, haha. My brother named his son Thierry and our family did the same as yours. Think we all just assumed he'd pick something else by delivery day and yet we all absolutely love it now. I reckon it will grow on them, even if they're not 100% on board right now. I mean come on, how cute is Raffy ☺️.

Kids are so unpredictable. I think the best you can hope for is a few minutes of solid attention to the baby before he starts playing with all the medical equipment he can get his little paws on, haha. Good to hear you'll be getting some kind of rest period after the surgery before you're needing to entertain.

I cannot believe it is tomorrow. I feel like a bag of nerves for you which is ridiculous, haha. Enjoy every precious moment. I won't expect an update for a few days now so I'm wishing you all the very best! Stay positive! It's all going to go brilliantly and you'll be cuddling your LO before you know it. Eeeeeeeeek! ❤️.

Offline ally389

modify
    « Reply #144 on: 12/03/20, 05:46 »
    HD and Omnomnom good luck! Iíll be thinking of you.
    I am so sorry for not updating here, but I just feel super busy and tired. When I get home after work all I want is just snooze or prepare the nursery.
    Iíll keep everything cross for you.
    How exciting x x x

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline katkat2014

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #145 on: 12/03/20, 19:11 »
    Hd, hope all went well!

Ally very nice to hear from you. Tiredness has now set in for me too but I think it's mainly because I wake up around 3/4am and can't sleep any longer.

I have been starting to feel baby's hiccups in the last week (am coming up to 33 weeks). Sometimes they're just for half a minute, sometimes as long as 5 minutes. I feel this about once a day or every other day, mainly notice it when I relax in the evening or at night. Is this normal? I started googling it and somehow everywhere it says that this is something you could feel before 32 weeks and then it seems to stop for most. And if you still felt it it could be an issue with the cord etc. I shouldn't have googled it!

Offline hannahdaisy

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #146 on: 13/03/20, 19:16 »
    Hi everyone!

Very happy to say that we're home with baby Raffy.

Didn't quite go to plan as I woke up in the night quite a few times with period pains, then when I woke up for my early breakfast and medication there was no mistaking the regular pains! I had to start timing them on the BabyCentre app and they were coming 2-5mins apart and really started to hurt. The hospital called me asking me to come in later because of some emergency cases and I said I was going to ring them because of the contractions. They said I needed to come into triage and I was put on a monitor and examined and was 1cm dilated.

Despite that, the other women were still more of a priority so I just had to wander around the hospital having contractions and waiting for a phonecall to tell me to go back to the ward. He was born at 6.45pm in the end and weighed 7lb 5oz. Surgery went much better than last time and I came home a few hours ago. Fin is just checking out his little brother and going between strokes, staring and total lack of interest while he plays with his cars haha.

Just waiting for a pizza to be delivered! Will give a proper reply to everyone tomorrow.

modify
    « Reply #147 on: 13/03/20, 20:22 »
    HD - So relieved for you that although it didn't quite go to plan, everything still turned out perfectly! Even better that the surgery was an improvement! What a perfect weight. You and your partner must be besotted already. I'm so so envious.

Ah I bet Fin just doesn't know what to think, bless him. It's all so new. How wonderful though that he feels relaxed enough to be gentle with Raffy and then go lose himself in his toys. You couldn't ask for better ☺️ so happy for you all. Enjoy the pizza!

Ally - Don't apologise, its lovely to hear from you. Don't blame you for wanting to curl up and relax after work. Thank you for the well wishes.

Katkat - If it can put your mind at any ease at all, our baby has hiccuped at least every other day (sometimes a few times a day) throughout the pregnancy. I worried about the cord at first too and felt pretty helpless. Mentioned it to the MW and she said it's so common that I really shouldn't worry unless I'm noticing a lack of movement. This was never the case though. My SIL agreed that her little girl did the same until the day of delivery and it was often after she'd had food or drink. Which I find too.

Had my 41wk appointment today. LO is still head down but now back to back. He's not engaged yet either. Don't really know what to think. He's perfectly healthy, good weight etc. he just doesn't seem fussed about meeting me 😂. I'm hurt, haha. Induction to go ahead next Wednesday if nothing changes. Nerves are really kicking in.

Offline ally389

modify
    « Reply #148 on: 13/03/20, 21:12 »
    HN - congratulations!! What a lovely name. You must feel so relieved. Enjoy every moment.

Katkat - to be honest I donít really know whether Iíve felt any hiccups. My husband mentioned he felt them a few times while ticking my tummy but I honestly donít know if the LO has ever had them. Did you speak with your MW?

Ommmom - the LO must be feeling very cozy. Hopefully not long to go.
    Iíll be thinking of you.

AFM - 33 weeks and 3 days. My bag isnít ready yet! Still have to buy a few bits and bobs.
    Working until 11/04 and i feel could do with some time off from now.

x x x

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline hannahdaisy

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #149 on: 15/03/20, 09:34 »
    Omnom - hope you're still feeling well. Hoping to hear that things kick off naturally for you in the next few days. Back to back isn't much fun either so hopefully Beaux will choose to spin around!

Kat - I felt hiccups right up towards the end of the pregnancy, never heard anything about cord problems before! I remember mentioning it to the midwife with the my first pregnancy and she just said it probably means that they'll be hiccupy once they're born too and he was!

Ally - thanks, hope you're feeling well. I know what you mean with wanting the time off. Always so much to do and also just wanting a rest!

Fin is still up and down with his interest in our new addition to the family, which is to be expected. Yesterday morning he loved touching him and wanted to sit with him, was pointing out his toes and knees etc and then he went for a bath and came running back in shouting 'hello baby' over and over again and wanting to sit with him. As I say, other times he's just interested in playing which is absolutely fine.

Midwife came to visit yesterday and read through my c-section notes. They called a consultant in during the surgery which absolutely scared the life out of me because I started to worry about what was wrong. She came round to speak to me straight afterwards while it was still happening and explained that I had quite a lot of adhesions so the surgeon wanted to double check what was best to do and whether I needed a drain fitted again etc. The midwife explained where they were yesterday, towards the back and attached to the rectum and said that my uterus was very thin at the back. She then said it sounded like a c-section was a good choice because of that and I asked what she meant. She said a big chance of a uterine rupture if I'd have gone for a VBAC. I keep thinking about that now, very scary, really hit home because I could've easily made that choice and a rupture is so dangerous.