* Author Topic: BFP Due Date - March/April 2020  (Read 14530 times)

0 Members

Offline Maeve88Troy

modify
BFP Due Date - March/April 2020
« Reply #150 on: 16/03/20, 06:32 »
Hi everyone!

Very happy to say that we're home with baby Raffy.

Didn't quite go to plan as I woke up in the night quite a few times with period pains, then when I woke up for my early breakfast and medication there was no mistaking the regular pains! I had to start timing them on the BabyCentre app and they were coming 2-5mins apart and really started to hurt. The hospital called me asking me to come in later because of some emergency cases and I said I was going to ring them because of the contractions. They said I needed to come into triage and I was put on a monitor and examined and was 1cm dilated.

Despite that, the other women were still more of a priority so I just had to wander around the hospital having contractions and waiting for a phonecall to tell me to go back to the ward. He was born at 6.45pm in the end and weighed 7lb 5oz. Surgery went much better than last time and I came home a few hours ago. Fin is just checking out his little brother and going between strokes, staring and total lack of interest while he plays with his cars haha.

Just waiting for a pizza to be delivered! Will give a proper reply to everyone tomorrow.

So happy for you and baby!  I'm having my CS on the 18th!  Eeek!

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline hannahdaisy

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #151 on: 16/03/20, 11:34 »
    Maeve - wow, only 2 more days to go. Good luck with it all, hope all goes smoothly!

Got the midwife coming round at some point today and she's going to take the dressing off. Hoping for good news when she gets a look at it. I've got one super painful part in the right corner and it hurts everytime I stand up, try and move and especially when I cough or laugh. I've Googled it because I was getting worried and it says it's quite common and could be the 'super stitches' at the end of the operation when the surgeon pulls it all together tightly and finishes the stitches. Just so sore in that part. As long as it's normal and looks ok then I'll just have to get on with it!

Getting a bit worried and annoyed with the shopping situation too and everyone panic buying. My partner went shopping last night and this morning and only found one box of formula and in our Tesco there were no baby wipes. Obviously no paracetamol or ibuprofen, which is really helpful when I've just had an operation...!! Luckily we did start to stock up a little bit but where I'm taking them continually, every 4-6hrs you start to go through them quite quickly.

Baby Raffy is doing really well. He's keeping my partner up a lot at night but can't really expect any different at the moment! She let me sleep the whole night on Friday, then Saturday night swapped with me at 5am and last night we swapped at 4am so she's trying to let me get a good rest.

Got our photoshoot tomorrow, excited to see how they turn out in a few weeks. Hoping Fin will want to join in with some of the photos but if not I understand!

Hope everyone is well :)

Offline katkat2014

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #152 on: 17/03/20, 13:16 »
    Hannaydaisy, massive congratulations to you and hope all going well with Raffy! Wishing you a speedy recovery from your surgery. And enjoy the photo shoot! Yeah the shopping situation is crazy, I just cannot understand how people can be such hoarders and be so selfish, it winds me up so much!

Maeve, tomorrow already! Wishing all the very best and looking forward to your news.

Ally... not sure if you are an office worker but are you now working from home? Since the advice/speech last night our company was made to work from home and as we are now in the high risk group I think I may stay here till due date. Which will be veerrrryyy long and lonely. I had so many plans, pub, restaurant, theater, meeting friends, concert, spending a weekend away with my partner. And I only meant to take one week's holidays before mat leave, now it's about 6.5 weeks and without all the fun.  But maybe it's now less stressful for you?
    The hiccuping continues but I have spoken to a few people now and it seems to be normal.

Omnomnom, are you waiting for your induction tomorrow? The baby is just very cozy inside you :)

AFM, just had a 33+3 week scan, all good, blood flow fine, head and abdomen now measuring just above average (rather than 90%).  But the femur length is suddenly very long at the 90th percentile! Current weight is 5 lbs 3 oz (2357 g) which I also think is heavier than normal. Does anyone understand the GROW chart? On this chart the little one shows to be just under the 90th percentile for weight and if you follow the curve then I'd expect a 4300-4500 g baby which is heavy! But when looking at the Estimated Fetal Weight chart then baby shows at about 65% only and following the curve then I'd expect a baby of under 4000g (still heavy but bearable I guess). Just wonder what this would mean for a natural birth...

Online Omnomnom:)

• Hi :) I talk too much
    modify
    « Reply #153 on: 17/03/20, 15:30 »
    Hello lovely ladies. Been a little busy as we had our little boy on Saturday 💙☺️. He's everything we could have hoped for and more. He arrived at 22.12 and weighed 7.7lbs. Born in to the birthing pool which was magic. We had every midwife approach us Sunday to admire him and congratulate me as apparently there was no other ladies birthing that night and its been a little while since they've had such a successful pool story. My waters broke at 8.30am and the contractions came thick and fast from 10am so for 12hrs it was pretty intense. Still quite quick for a first I was told. I dilated from 1cm to 8cm in less than 4hrs. Thanks to the G&A its all quite a blur!

I got barely any sleep over the weekend as you can imagine and even struggled yesterday as he wanted to bf consistently. Thankfully he slept for 2hrs at a time last night so I did the same and it was bliss. Mum has cared for him quite a bit as he's been sleepy today so I've gone and made myself feel human and even cleaned the rooms we use the most 😂 washes are on and I'm ecstatic! We're currently snuggling now as he's just had a feed.

Thought I'd quickly update you all, but it's a nightmare and so slow one handed. Will message tomorrow 👍 xx

Offline hannahdaisy

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #154 on: 18/03/20, 13:56 »
    Kat - thank you! Sorry, can't really comment on the growth charts. I was measuring large in my first pregnancy and was offered growth scans towards the end, think I had about 2 or 3 so that they could keep track of it and decide whether to induce a bit earlier etc. Have they suggested anything like that?

Omnom - brilliant news! Congratulations! So glad that you got the birth that you wanted too :) enjoy all of the cuddles, magical isn't it. I still can't stop stroking Raffy's head and kissing him haha. So often I *could* put him down but I just end up keeping him on me instead.

Offline ally389

modify
    « Reply #155 on: 18/03/20, 20:54 »
    Omnomnom - congratulations! So so pleased for you. Sounds like you had a magical birth. Sorry canít remember,
    Is this your first newborn?

Kat - WFM at the moment and trying to isolate myself as much as I can. Sorry, I donít know much about measurements. When is you due date!

All my classes are not cancelled -NCT, Hypnobirthing, yoga
    I had a photo shoot booked for Friday which got cancelled too unfortunately but probably for the best.
    Trying to remain calm, as much as I can.

x x x

Offline katkat2014

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #156 on: 18/03/20, 21:05 »
    Omnomnom, sending you my heartfelt congratulations and so glad all worked out the way you wanted it to! A happy start for your family!

Hannahdaisy nobody has talked to me about birth yet but hope the midwife next week can tell me what the measurements are all about!

Ally, it's the 3rd May for me but due to me age and IVF they meant to induce earlier. If baby large then I guess they'd want a c section. But friends told me they can't make me induce as it's my choice but I see what will be for the best. Same here NCT and yoga cancelled and so gutted  can't really meet friends or go for dinner/concerts etc those last few weeks without a baby. It's not the end of the world I guess but I think we may be in for the long run. I'll go crazy if we will get a curfew so will try and go out as much as I can right now

Offline Maeve88Troy

modify
    « Reply #157 on: 25/03/20, 02:15 »
    Hello ladies, happy to announce successful cs with baby born at 6 pounds 8 ounces.  She's a wee bit small but cute all around.  We call her Willow. :)

Omnomnom, congratulations to you dear!  Here's to motherhood!

Good luck to all the ladies due soon, let's all remain safe and be good girls and stay home - no more gatherings with friends and extended family for now.

Offline hannahdaisy

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #158 on: 25/03/20, 09:12 »
    Great news, Maeve. Love the name Willow :)

Omnom - hope things are going well and that you're enjoying isolation with your newborn. Perfect time for lots of bonding!

Kat and Ally - stay safe!

Raffy is 2 weeks old today, time is flying! He has a runny nose and keeps coughing and sneezing, feel so sorry for him. Fin's nose is running a lot and now my partner is feeling really poorly too. Making me a bit paranoid but seeing as they don't have fevers and have runny noses and are sneezing I'm hoping it's nothing to do with this horrible virus!

My health visitor appointment got changed for a phone one instead but I had to go to a midwife appointment at the local hospital. Really didn't want to go! It was so quiet in there, very strange. Raffy has gone up to 8lb 2oz and my incision looked like it was healing well so I'm happy to say that we've been discharged by them.

Online Omnomnom:)

• Hi :) I talk too much
    modify
    « Reply #159 on: 25/03/20, 10:41 »
    Hiya Ladies 💜.

Apologies for not replying sooner. I knew having a newborn would be intense, I just didn't realise how quickly the time would fly!

HD - Aw that's brilliant news that you're recovering well and little Raffy is gaining weight steadily. Just sad to hear about the runny noses! Your lot will be eating into your toilet paper pretty quick, haha. I completely understand what you mean about the panic buying, it worried me too. Our locals seem to be improving now though, thankfully. Our health visitor discharged us over the phone and I was really grateful as I'm paranoid about visitors, regardless of whether they wash their hands. Can't believe you have a 2 week old already. Where does it go?! I'm terrified that I'm not making the most of it though admittedly I'm not taking my eyes off him and we snuggle all the time. I take photos relentlessly incase he changes overnight too 😂. Obsessed.

Huge congratulations Maeve. What a beautiful name. Here's to motherhood indeed!! Thank you for taking this all seriously, I'm really started to feel aggravated by how nonchalant people are acting in regards to the virus. It's really shone a torch on just how many selfish d-bags there are out there 🤦‍♀️.

Katkat/Ally - Thank you very much ladies! It's lovely to have a positive birthing experience to share rather than all the drama. Beaux is my first, yeah. Not too much longer for you both!