* Author Topic: BFP Due Date - March/April 2020  (Read 12770 times)

0 Members

Offline MommyKenny

modify
BFP Due Date - March/April 2020
« Reply #160 on: 26/03/20, 04:53 »
Hi ladies may I hop back in?  I'm slightly overdue, but we're hoping baby will come out anytime now.  OB gave me tips to induce naturally.  Any of you tried?  I'm also concerned that I might give birth alone.  Hospitals might not allow companions.  Any experience with this?

Congratulations to the new mommies!  We might need to be in another thread!

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline hannahdaisy

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #161 on: 28/03/20, 16:13 »
    Omnom - It's very intense isn't it! Glad that you're enjoying it and getting lots of snuggles! Yes, tell me about it, went to Tesco yesterday and still no tissues apart from the small travel packs of Kleenex. Did manage to get a 4 pack of toilet rolls though, woohoo! Hated being in the shop though, so paranoid :( just can't get any online shopping slots now. Managed to get a Sainsburys one last weekend completely by chance for the next day, pure luck, and a few weeks ago I got an Asda slot but not for over another week. No choice but to go shopping.

MommyKenny - hoping baby may have made an appearance! Our hospital was still normal for visitors when Raffy was born, but I've seen that they've now said you can have one birthing partner and then they need to leave 1hr after baby is born and they can't come back at all to visit. Each hospital seems to have different rules though, maybe check their website?

Offline katkat2014

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #162 on: 31/03/20, 08:24 »
    Maeve congratulations!! How are you getting on?

Mommykenny, any news from you yet?

Omnomnom and hannadaisy, how are you and your little ones?

Please see this link everyone which is a petition regarding the right to have a birth partner with you during covid and so that women won't have to birth / c section etc alone. This may not make a difference anyway but if you don't try you don't win. I don't understand what the reasoning behind not having a birth partner really is. Often you live with the birth partner anyway so if one is infected then the other will most likely be too..or if the woman catches it at hospital she would probably pass it on to the birth partner as someone has to pick them up at hospital.

http://chng.it/fKV7mVM4wv

Offline ally389

modify
    « Reply #163 on: 1/04/20, 16:43 »
    Maeve congratulations!! So pleased for you x x x

Offline ally389

modify
    « Reply #164 on: 7/04/20, 10:41 »
    Hi everyone, I hope you are all well and safe.
    We are all right, 37 weeks on Wednesday and cannot believe we are here. Nursery ready, just have to sort out our bedroom and find space for the cot. I had my midwife appointment yesterday which went well, seeing her again in 2 weeks time. Last day at work on Thursday and looking forward to some time off ..
    May i ask whether any of you were told that due to IVF, you are in the high risk category? My midwives and consultants haven't mentioned anything like this but my cousin, who has had a still birth a couple of years ago - past 40 weeks told me that a very good friend of her who is a midwife advised that I should have had already in place an induction date on my actual due date. I requested a TC with a consultant to discuss this further but I am little bit confused on what to do. Should I wait until the LO decides to come even though this is over 40 weeks or should I request an induction just to make sure she arrives here safe? So confused  :-\

x x x

Offline katkat2014

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #165 on: 7/04/20, 12:48 »
    Hey ally congrats on your 37 weeks! i am told as am over 40 and due to IVF they'd want to induce before 40 weeks. But I did some research and looking just at IVF then this seems to depend on how the IVF was done. As far as I understood it if you had a frozen transfer into a normal natural lining this should be treated like just any conception. If you had full stims and fresh transfer then this would then mean you'd fall into the more high risk category, think something to do with implantation, drugs and placenta. But please don't just take my word for it, better to read up on it and discuss with the MW.

Offline ally389

modify
    « Reply #166 on: 7/04/20, 12:53 »
    Thanks Kat, much appreciated. I will be 39 next month so not too far away from 40. Had also a fresh cycle followed by the pregnancy. Will have a look online.
    How are you feeling?
    x x x

Offline katkat2014

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #167 on: 7/04/20, 13:04 »
    I'm fine, 36+2 weeks and scan again next week. I'm also pondering the induction thingy. Ideally I'd want the little one just to come on her own but a stillbirth really scares me. I've done the NCT class and there they kept on saying about how a placenta technically doesn't age but that factors like having a big baby (which we have) and other things would be the only thing that could warrant an induction if you're fit and healthy.. other than that the stats aren't that bad apparently and it's much better to have a natural birth. I don't know if it's better to just book an induction, get over the fact there may not be a nice calm birth (birth centres are closed anyway) and be at peace with the fact that this could mean use of forceps, ventouse, epidural, potentially c section and/or a lot of pain (I'm not painting a very nice picture here aren't I) but that baby comes out safely which really is the most important thing. What are your thoughts on inductions? I know someone where it all went well without any other interference and I know someone who ended up with an emergency c section.

Offline ally389

modify
    « Reply #168 on: 8/04/20, 09:17 »
    I totally agree ... i do want a nice relaxing birth (we have done 2 sessions of hypnobirthing too before all this madness started), but all i want is a healthy baby so I wouldn't mind an induction. I think if I was to go over the 40 weeks my anxiety would get bad. I also prefer C-section over forceps and I did mention it to the MW. The MW said that she will ask for a consultant to call me ... still waiting.
    x x x

Offline hannahdaisy

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #169 on: 8/04/20, 13:56 »
    Kat - we're ok thanks! It's just very tricky trying to entertain a 2yr old while you're stuck indoors for 23hrs a day! I usually take him to the shops, out in the car, to see family and friends, toddler groups, nursery, the park, soft play etc so it must be quite frustrating for him being indoors and then just walking around where we live. Baby Rafferty is good, getting so alert and has started to coo and gurgle like he's trying to talk to you.

Ally - my hospital didn't class IVF as high risk but I've also heard that from other people. I heard that it was because the placenta stops functioning so well from 40 weeks. We know our exact date of conception so know exactly when 40 weeks is, whereas with natural conception you can't be sure. Not sure if it's true though. Well done on the 37 weeks, not long to go now!

I had an induction at 38+5 with my first pregnancy, which ended with an emergency section. They tried the pessary first for 24hrs and it didn't work, then tried the gel and that didn't work so got taken to labour ward to have my waters broken which they found really tricky because I was only about 1cm dilated. Looking back I just think it's because he wasn't ready to come out yet! Wish they'd just given me a section to start with because they were saying that they thought he was too big for my body anyway.

Maybe see what your midwife/hospital says about induction? I think to start with, if things are all going well and everyone is healthy they'd normally book you in for a sweep.